Start by marking “Burn Our Bodies Down” as Want to Read:
Burn Our Bodies Down

Burn Our Bodies Down

From the author of the New York Times bestseller Wilder Girls comes a new twisty thriller about a girl whose past has always been a mystery–until she decides to return to her mother’s hometown . . . where history has a tendency to repeat itself.

Ever since Margot was born, it’s been just her and her mother. No answers to Margot’s questions about what came before. No history
Expected publication: July 7th 2020 by Delacorte Press

To ask other readers questions about Burn Our Bodies Down, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Burn Our Bodies Down

Start your review of Burn Our Bodies Down
Tucker
Aug 14, 2019 marked it as not-released-tbr
[11/13/2019] - this cover is pretty but it doesn't even come close to Wilder Girls' cover

-----------

i'd like to see them try to make a prettier cover than Wilder Girls

| Goodreads | Blog | Pinterest | LinkedIn | YouTube | Instagram
megs_bookrack

An ARC!!!! Delacorte Press, I love you beyond measure.
Thank you so much!!!!

Original:

Is it too early to be freaking the f* out over this?

Old farmhouse, corn fields, creepiness...say no more!
Kai
Dec 10, 2019 marked it as desperate-to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: queer
listen, I'm not saying this cover is ugly but Wilder Girls was the Mona Lisa of YA 2019 and...they should have at least tried
Rory Power
Oct 04, 2019 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
content warnings available here: https://itsrorypower.com/books/burn/

always updating - if you find something is missing from this list, please let me know via my website
Amy Imogene Reads
Dec 07, 2019 marked it as to-read
getting my arc request granted like: YESSSSS

putting in my arc request like: please?

Thank you to Random House Children's - Delacorte Press for an ARC of this title in exchange for an honest review.
oliversromeo
Dec 07, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: anticipating
whoever is behind the covers of these rory power books deserves a medal.
Iris
Nov 13, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
hi holy fuck I am all the heart eyes for this cover
♠ TABI ♠
Oct 12, 2019 marked it as to-read
all I hope for is a better resolution of an ending than her first book

yeah this cover is NICE but it's not the Louvre-worthy art of the first book
amanda (*´-`)
Nov 23, 2019 marked it as to-read
this is releasing a day after my birthday i’m hyped ...more
Sam
THAT COVER OMG
Michele
Oct 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: young-adult
Margot’s mom is emotionally distant and won’t tell her anything about her family or her past. When she goes searching for answers, she very quickly and conveniently finds her grandmother. Gram seems ideal: warm, welcoming, and caring. On the same day she meets Gram, there is also a devastating fire and a dead body. Similar gory details and descriptions as Wilder Girls and terrible dark family secrets begin to explain the complicated relationship dynamics. A horrifying twist of events has Margot ...more
Meghan
Dec 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: library
This book was received as an ARC from Random House Children's - Delacorte Press in exchange for an honest review. Opinions and thoughts expressed in this review are completely my own.

Wow I could not believe the passion and intensity expressed throughout the book. I was so blown away by the determination Margot had to find out not only about her family but who she was as a person. Was it for protection? or Did her mother not want her to know for other reasons? It is so scary when your mother or
USOM
Dec 21, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
GIVE ME ALL THE RORY POWER
Susan
Jan 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Full Review Coming Closer To Publication

For now- suffice to say-

No one breaks open a story and makes it bleed like Rory Power.
Jessie_Book
Jan 10, 2020 rated it liked it
Significantly weaker writing then Wilder Girls and a disappointing ending. I hope this book has significant revisions before its published.
Ninoshka
Jan 23, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: a-r-c
*I received this ARC from Random House Childrens publishing through Netgalley in exchange for an homest review*

This was an interesting book to say the least. I’m not sure what I was expecting, but it definitely wasn’t this. ‘Burn Our Bodies Down’ is a story about Margot who wants to know more about her family. It has always been just her and her mom and her mom seems to surround herself in secrets. It’s only natural for Margot to look for answers as to where they come from, but when she goes to
Sheri
Jan 25, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Burn Our Bodies Down is the second book from Rory Power and it did not disappoint! This book kept me guessing until the very end.

I was hoping right alongside Margot that she would get the answers she needed and the family she so desperately wanted. With all the twists, I had no idea what was going to happen, which makes for a great thriller. This wasn't the story I was expecting, but it ended up being so good and I really liked it.

Summary:

Ever since Margot was born, it’s been just her and her
Nilufer Ozmekik
Jan 28, 2020 marked it as to-read
WHAAAATTTT! Did I just get ARC COPY of this precious thing? New book of Rory Power! The Wilder Girl's brilliant author?!? Belfkpgpgot4g nope I cannot talk.
LDC's dance moves will talk for me to show I feel:
Rachel
Dec 28, 2019 rated it liked it
What a bizarre book. I can see how some people might really love it, much like 'Wilder Girls', but I wanted more from the ending and felt like I needed more explanation (which would probably ruin the feel of the book). That might just be my preference and not a flaw with the story. Ultimately, if you loved the author's previous work, you'll love this book too.
Kat
Jan 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
#NetGalley
#Edelweiss
#BurnOurBodiesDown
Thank you so much for the E-arc copy of Burn Our Bodies Down.
An intense read. If you liked Wilder Girls, then you will get the dark and emotional comparison to it.
Kat
Jan 25, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
#NetGalley
#Edelweiss
#BurnOurBodiesDown
Thank you so much for the E-arc copy of Burn Our Bodies Down.
emma
Jan 29, 2020 marked it as to-read
Thank you Random House Children's and Delacorte Press for an advance copy!

I am going to level with you here. This will be my first Rory Power. For how much others have loved Wilder Girls I really can't wait!
Ari
Nov 13, 2019 marked it as to-read
Wilder Girls was one of my 2019 faves and I gotta wait until JULY for this one, i'm crying so hard
Natassja
Nov 13, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
i love the corn!!!
January 28, 2020: I GOT APPROVED FOR AN ARC!!! One of my most anticipated releases and I’m 100% reading it for FFFeb because I cannot wait!!!! ...more
Hillary
Jan 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Rory Power is unstoppable.
Carrie (brightbeautifulthings)
*screeeeech* ARC received!
Elle Rudy
Jan 29, 2020 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley, 2020
*Thanks to Random House Children’s & Netgalley for an advance copy!
Isabel✨
Jan 28, 2020 marked it as arcs-to-review
guess who just got approved for an arc of one of her most anticipated reads of the year? it me!!!!!!
julie
ARC provided by the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

• The Guinevere Deception (Camelot Rising, #1)
  • The Sound of Stars
  • The Queen's Assassin (Queen's Secret, #1)
  • The Betrothed (The Betrothed, #1)
  • Malus Domestica (Malus Domestica, #1)
  • The Shadows Between Us
  • Beyond the Shadowed Earth
  • All the Stars and Teeth (All the Stars and Teeth, #1)
  • The Mall
  • The Whisper Man
  • Nameless Queen
  • Blood Countess
  • Reverie
  • The Tenth Girl
  • Hex Life: Wicked New Tales of Witchery
  • Where Dreams Descend (Kingdom of Cards, #1)
  • The Bone Houses
  • Oasis
Rory Power grew up in New England, where she lives and works as a crime fiction editor and story consultant for TV adaptation. She received a Masters in Prose Fiction from the University of East Anglia, and thinks fondly of her time there, partially because she learned a lot but mostly because there were a ton of bunnies on campus.

She is represented by Daisy Parente at Lutyens & Rubinstein