Start by marking “Burn Our Bodies Down” as Want to Read:
Burn Our Bodies Down

Burn Our Bodies Down

From the author of the New York Times bestseller Wilder Girls comes a new twisty thriller about a girl whose past has always been a mystery–until she decides to return to her mother’s hometown . . . where history has a tendency to repeat itself.

Ever since Margot was born, it’s been just her and her mother. No answers to Margot’s questions about what came before. No history
Expected publication: July 7th 2020 by Delacorte Press

To ask other readers questions about Burn Our Bodies Down, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Burn Our Bodies Down

Start your review of Burn Our Bodies Down
Nilufer Ozmekik
Jan 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I’m seeing the stars! THIS IS…. THIS BOOK… THIS STORY… THI…TH…T… I lost the words! Please somebody tell me my lines! Oh boy, weklcjoj4ffejewoi! Oh no, I lost my cognitive skills! I lost my brain! I lost my mind! I lost my mouth! Oh no, how can drink wine without my mouth? Who is talking now? Did I become a ventriloquist? WHAT THE HELL I JUST READ!!!

I carry three heads right now! I hold something in my hands: a secret recipe of the best mind bending novel I’ve read lately.

Here is the formula: We
Tucker
Aug 14, 2019 marked it as not-released-tbr
[11/13/2019] - this cover is pretty but it doesn't even come close to Wilder Girls' cover

-----------

i'd like to see them try to make a prettier cover than Wilder Girls

| Goodreads | Blog | Pinterest | LinkedIn | YouTube | Instagram
megs_bookrack

An ARC!!!! Delacorte Press, I love you beyond measure.
Thank you so much!!!!

Original:

Is it too early to be freaking the f* out over this?

Old farmhouse, corn fields, creepiness...say no more!
Kai
Dec 10, 2019 marked it as desperate-to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: queer
listen, I'm not saying this cover is ugly but Wilder Girls was the Mona Lisa of YA 2019 and...they should have at least tried
Amy Imogene Reads
Dec 07, 2019 marked it as to-read
getting my arc request granted like: YESSSSS

putting in my arc request like: please?

Thank you to Random House Children's - Delacorte Press for an ARC of this title in exchange for an honest review.
Rory Power
Oct 04, 2019 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
content warnings available here: https://itsrorypower.com/books/burn/

always updating - if you find something is missing from this list, please let me know via my website
Ash
Jan 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: fans of Dark Places and Sharp Objects
Thank you to NetGalley and Random House Children’s Books for providing me with an ARC in exchange for an honest review.

I was hesitant to request this one, given the mixed reviews of Rory Power’s debut novel, Wilder Girls, which I didn’t read. Now I’m considering giving it a try, because this book? This book is a masterpiece. The older I get, the harder it is for me to find young adult fiction that still appeals to me, and I feel a little giddy every time I get to add a new book to my list of YA
Mlpmom (Book Reviewer)
This was...bizarre to say the very least, which isn't necessarily a bad thing but, I'm not sure all the craziness and weirdness completely worked for me. The writing was fabulous and I really did enjoy something original, especially in this genre so bonus stars for that.
Overall, not a bad story just different in ways both good and bad.

*ARC provided by the publisher in exchange for an honest review.*
ash | emeraldbookowl
Jan 29, 2020 marked it as i-need-2020
the reason we have this cover is because it would be impossible to create something as perfect as the wilder girls
julie
ARC provided by the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.
oliversromeo
Dec 07, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: anticipating
whoever is behind the covers of these rory power books deserves a medal.
Iris
Nov 13, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
hi holy fuck I am all the heart eyes for this cover
Ludwig
Feb 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
“Keep a fire burning. A fire is what saves you - that’s what she always said. She tried and tried to tell me. This time I’m finally listening.”

Wow. I couldn’t have asked for a better thriller! Perfect for admirers of Riley Sager, Burn Our Bodies Down is a superbly-crafted, spine-tingling novel of suspense about a teenager who learns about the evil lurking within the blood lines in her family history.

“It’s just you and me”, 17-year-old Margot’s mother keeps on telling her, so when she stumbles
♠ TABI ♠
Oct 12, 2019 marked it as to-read
all I hope for is a better resolution of an ending than her first book

yeah this cover is NICE but it's not the Louvre-worthy art of the first book
Celia McMahon
Feb 04, 2020 rated it liked it
Thank you to NetGalley for the e-galley.

Seventeen-year-old Margot leaves her mother in search of the family she's kept hidden. Clues lead her to a grandmother who harbors secrets of her own. Now in too deep, Margot must unravel her family's poisoned past and break the cycle.

Although I love Rory Power's writing, the story kind of dragged me down. The twists came too late and by that time nothing shocked me. I am not sure what could have been done differently, but this certainly lacked the
amanda (*´-`)
Nov 23, 2019 marked it as to-read
this is releasing a day after my birthday i’m hyped ...more
emma
Jan 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2020
Thank you Random House Children's and Delacorte Press for an advance copy!

List of Trigger Warnings.

As someone who has never read Wilder Girls I went into this book with no idea of what to expect. This is not an easy story.

Margot's mother refuses to share any details of her upbringing leaving her with feeling completely shut out from her lineage. Jo is a negligent and frankly an abusive parent who is unable to connect with her daughter. As much as they love each other they have a tumultuous
Tracy (Cornerfolds)
Feb 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
Read more of my reviews at Cornerfolds.com!

Review to come!
Sam
THAT COVER OMG
Tonya (Rustic Book Reviews)
Jan 23, 2020 marked it as tbr-horror
2020 is bringing the Horror books this year!!!
Michele
Oct 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: young-adult
Margot’s mom is emotionally distant and won’t tell her anything about her family or her past. When she goes searching for answers, she very quickly and conveniently finds her grandmother. Gram seems ideal: warm, welcoming, and caring. On the same day she meets Gram, there is also a devastating fire and a dead body. Similar gory details and descriptions as Wilder Girls and terrible dark family secrets begin to explain the complicated relationship dynamics. A horrifying twist of events has Margot ...more
Meghan
Dec 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: library
This book was received as an ARC from Random House Children's - Delacorte Press in exchange for an honest review. Opinions and thoughts expressed in this review are completely my own.

Wow I could not believe the passion and intensity expressed throughout the book. I was so blown away by the determination Margot had to find out not only about her family but who she was as a person. Was it for protection? or Did her mother not want her to know for other reasons? It is so scary when your mother or
Caro Herrera
Feb 08, 2020 rated it liked it
I absolutely loved Wilder Girls, so I was very excited for this book. However, although I felt there were great ideas and in general a great story here, I found the book itself to be somewhat underdeveloped. Most of the book feels like the MC's internal monologue, and I would have loved to see more of her interacting with other characters throughout the book. I also found the ending somewhat rushed and would have loved to see more in the second half of the book overall.

Basically, this book left
Holly
Feb 08, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2020
Not entirely sure what I was expecting, but I loved how the book focused on mother-daughter relationships, in particular, and how to figure out what you're willing to accept from people, and how it's okay to want more, to walk away, to say enough.
USOM
Dec 21, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
GIVE ME ALL THE RORY POWER
Isabel✨
Jan 28, 2020 marked it as arcs-to-review
guess who just got approved for an arc of one of her most anticipated reads of the year? it me!!!!!!
Susan
Jan 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Full Review Coming Closer To Publication

For now- suffice to say-

No one breaks open a story and makes it bleed like Rory Power.
Jessie_Book
Jan 10, 2020 rated it liked it
Significantly weaker writing then Wilder Girls and a disappointing ending. I hope this book has significant revisions before its published.
Carrie (brightbeautifulthings)
Feb 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
*screeeech* ARC received!

RTC in June!
I received an advance copy from the publisher via Netgalley for review purposes. This in no way influences my review; all words, thoughts and opinions are my own.

Content notes:(view spoiler)

« previous 1 3 next »

• Witches of Ash and Ruin
  • The Shadows Between Us
  • All the Stars and Teeth (All the Stars and Teeth, #1)
  • You Are Not Alone
  • Jane Anonymous
  • Sister Dear: A Novel
  • The Betrothed (The Betrothed, #1)
  • The Tenth Girl
  • The Whisper Man
  • Red Hood
  • The Last True Poets of the Sea
  • Foul Is Fair
  • Deathless Divide (Dread Nation, #2)
  • Smile
  • Girl, Serpent, Thorn
  • Where Dreams Descend (Kingdom of Cards, #1)
  • The Queen's Assassin (Queen's Secret, #1)
  • The Midnight Lie (The Midnight Lie, #1)
Rory Power grew up in New England, where she lives and works as a crime fiction editor and story consultant for TV adaptation. She received a Masters in Prose Fiction from the University of East Anglia, and thinks fondly of her time there, partially because she learned a lot but mostly because there were a ton of bunnies on campus.

She is represented by Daisy Parente at Lutyens & Rubinstein