Start by marking “Frost and Flame (Gods of War)” as Want to Read:
Frost and Flame (Gods of War)

Frost and Flame

(Gods of War #2)

From Gena Showalter, the New York Times bestselling author of the Lords of the Underworld saga, comes Frost and Flame, the second book in the scorching paranormal romance series Gods of War.

Bane of Adwaeweth is the most feared immortal warrior in All War history. Possessed by a bloodthirsty beast, he will stop at nothing to win. Then he meets irresistible Nola Lee. He h

Kindle Edition
Expected publication: September 24th 2019 by Mira (first published September 17th 2019)

To ask other readers questions about Frost and Flame, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Frost and Flame

Bex (Beckie Bookworm)
thumbnail_FrostandFlame_blogtour

So this is the second book in this imaginative new series and this time around we are experiencing foster sister Nora's story.
I actually connected with this story much more than its predecessor and rated this one much higher.
I think that maybe for a multitude of reasons. one biggee being that Nora herself is a lupus and fibromyalgia sufferer.
I myself have fibro so I really felt able to identify with her on a huge level.
I could feel her struggles and easily walk a day in her shoes this really he
Beth
Frost and Flame runs pretty parallel to Shadow and Ice’s timeline. Both Vale London and her sister Nola Lee find themselves in a frozen cavern in Russia where they witness the awaking of immortal warriors from their frozen prison.

While Vale is grabbed by Knox, Nola finds herself face to face with Bane of Adwaeweth, a man she’s been dreaming about for years.

Bane is a fearsome shifting warrior with a beast dragon inside. He requires Nola for his revenge plans against his evil queen, he just never
Mackenzie Dering
Frost and Flame is very unique compared to the Shadow and Ice novel. The story begins with the awakening of immortal warriors from their prisons, and Vale and her sister, Nola, witness the scene, trapped in a cavern in Russia.

So Nola has been dreaming about a man for years. His name? Bane of Adwaeweth. During some time of the book, she finally sees him in person. While this happens Vale, Nola's sister is captured by Knox. However, this novel isn't about Vale ladies and gentleman, its about Nola
◊♦ Naomi
I loved this book. Great sequel to Shadow and Ice. Bane is one strong, sexy and sweet (alpha) hero and Nola was a kickass, smart and strong willed heroine. I loved them both and I’m so so so excited for the next book. This just keeps getting better.
Bookgasms Book Blog
Sep 04, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ratula
I have been looking forward to The Frost and the Flame for the longest time as I loved Knox and Vale in the first book immensely. Nola Lee and Bane were delicious. I loved how their relationship almost seemed kismet and how their story ran parallel to the first book.

While this story was great, I will admit that I was not as connected to them right away. I was mildly frustrated that neither Bane nor Nola Lee were ever really together for long periods of time for almost half the book. The constan
Olivia
FROST AND FLAME was everything I hoped for after getting into this series through the first book last year. While the events take place at roughly the same time as the first book, we get a whole different set of people and things going on. And the romance takes the cake.

Nola and her foster-sister Vale were traveling when they find a cave with many frozen and very attractive people in it. As they manage to escape their ice prisons, they begin to learn that they are in the middle of an All War, wh
Michele
Sep 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: pnr, 0919, priority, fantasy
Actual Rating: 4.5 Stars -- See the full review at HarlequinJunkie.com

Gena Showalter’s Gods of War series has quickly become some of my favorite of her work to date. Brutal, comical, sweet and poignant, Frost and Flame took the battle for Terra/Earth to a whole new exciting level.

I will mention first that readers who get squeamish reading gory fight scenes will probably not dig this series. At all. Because–whew!–Showalter doesn’t skimp on the intricate details of the many fights between the comb
Anne
Aug 20, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
ARC provided via Edelweiss

I was so so confused by this book.

The prologue really drew me in, I loved everything that was happening and I was excited to read more! But then in Chapter 1, I just had absolutely no idea at all what was going on. How many years had passed? What was happening? Who were these characters?

Sadly it never made much more sense and I was just very blah about the whole book.
Alexandra
Aug 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019
Review to come!
Denise Carbo
Aug 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fantastical world building with sizzling alpha males and the sassy, strong women to match them. A steamy read with nonstop action. She weaves the story into the series effortlessly.
Louisa
Jul 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Such a great book! Really enjoyed getting to know Nola and Bane, and yeah, really excellent book!
Kay Daniels (Kay Daniels Romance)
The bestselling author and master at her craft of writing epic fantasy romance novels, Gena Showalter, returns with the second book in the Gods of War series.  I have been waiting for this book for almost a year and Gena did not disappoint.

We are brought back to the beginning of the All War on Earth, back to before it even begins and this time we will see the war through Bane of Adwaeweth's eyes. We meet him briefly last time and know that he is a feared warrior like the others, but also he is
Eli
The cover though 🤤😍🔥
Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾
4 STARS
You are my salvation and my damnation, rolled into one beautiful package.”

Well hot diggity damn, this was great! I'm so happy I gave this series another shot after not quite connecting with the first book, because this one officially hooked me. The connection and chemistry that I found lacking in the first one was absolutely incendiary in this one. Pun intended.

I was so curious about Bane and Nola's book from the second they appeared inShadow and Ice. The story here runs parallel to t
Julie
Book two of this series sees Bane watching his Queen murder his wife!!!! Vowing revenge he sets about the task his queen has set him, but with a twist all of his own....
He has been tasked in finding and killing the next Queen of Adwaeweth (a realm outside Earth)but after watching his wife being killed (Bane refused to leave his home world, he didn’t want to leave his wife so she was slaughtered in front of him.) he has sworn to find and protect the princess, so that she can kill the queen and B
Sarah Light
Sep 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
You know when you see the name Showalter on the cover of a book it's going to be good, this one though was better!

The second in the Gods of War series, Gena bring us back to the All War, and all the drama it brings. Now you don't HAVE to read the first book to understand what is going on in this one, but it's a Showalter book, so why wouldn't you. LOL

This story revolves around Bane and Nola. We are welcomed back to previous characters like Vale, Knox and Zion as well. The thing I love the most a
Eva Millien
Sep 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The most feared immortal warrior in all War history, Bane of Adwaeweth is possessed by a bloodthirsty beast and he will stop at nothing to win and while he hates the power Nola Lee has over him, she can rain vengeance upon his wife’s killer. Nola is battling illness and addiction, but with Bane, she experiences pleasure for the first time and wants more but being with him comes with a terrible price. Their romance will either save them both or destroy everything they’ve come to love.

The second b
Lisa Marie ~ Words We Love By
Gena Showalter's latest book is the second in her newest paranormal/sci-fi series, Gods of War.  In this installation, Bane of Adwaeweth after being frozen in the Arctic Ice for 1300 years, forms a mental connection with Nola Lee and persuades her to come and free him.  Nola has not had an easy life. From foster to care to having Lupus and various other ailments, she just wants to open a donut shop with her foster sister and live her life.  Instead, she ends up in a power play amongst the "All W ...more
Linda
Sep 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Everyone, I mean everyone needs to stop what they are doing and go get a copy of Frost and Flame. Cause it's fire! I freaking love it so much! Like I could not stop reading it once I pick it up. And you won't either. Now, let's get started with Bane and Nora.
Nora
She is such a cutie that I just want to keep her for myself. She has worked so hard in her life that she definitely needs break. Like a big one, not going into the winter and discover another dimension like she did. It definitely blew he
Anne Z.
Sadly I cannot say Frost and Flame was as good as Shadow and Ice. In my mind, it
almost doesn’t compare.

Bane and Nola kept ‘playing’ this game of ‘want you-don’t want you’ during most of the book. Although some tension is welcoming on a romance trope like that, this was a little too much. It made some sections of the book rather tedious.

I also didn’t appreciate that it had the exact same timeline as Shadow and Ice. Yes, it was nice knowing what happened to Nola while Knox and Vale’s arc was deve
Diane Lynch
Sep 15, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Highlander meets Hunger Games. The All War continues in book two of Gena Showalter’s God of War series, Frost and Flame. This is Bane of Adwaeweth’s and Nola Lee’s story. The All War Alliance was formed by alien races to limit the casualties of war when fighting for recently discovered territories. When a new realm is discovered each race can enter one warrior to compete to win the realm for their race. It is a battle to the death. Only one survivor is allowed. This time they are fighting for Te ...more
Zoe Forward
Sep 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is book number 2 in the series, but can be read as a stand-alone. I say this because it has been so long since I read book one that I forgot a lot of the details. Don't worry. The author catches the reader up on the past. It's an intriguing world--complex, magical, and filled with all kinds of otherworldly (actually other dimension) creatures who are fighting an All Worlds War to win earth.
The main characters, Bane and Nora, were an interesting mix. Nora battles a mysterious chronic, debili
Katie
Aug 27, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I'm a huge fan of Gena Showalter (the Lords of the Underworld series might be in my top 5 favorite series of all-time, although I stopped reading when William and Gilly didn't end up together), but this series is really missing the mark for me.

I love a little will they-won't they, but the number of times these two went back and forth nearly gave me whiplash. Literally, one paragraph he has finally resigned himself to loving her and the next he's like "wow, no, hate this bitch, bye". Too much. I
Gladys
Sep 15, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the second book in this complex and intriguing series. Nola and Bane's story had a lot of hate you-want you-hate you going on, which did become monotonous after awhile. Like many heroes, Bane started off as a bit of a jerk. He was filled with anger, fueled by his quest for vengence and racked by occasional feelings of guilt. He did grow and get better and I really liked that he admitted to his sins and tried to make up for them. Nola I thought was a pretty awesome character. This woman h ...more
Shelleen Toland
Nola finds out that it is her destiny to rule as Queen of Beasts.
Bane is an immortal warrior of all time. He is possessed by a beast and controlled by an evil Queen.
Bane is supposed to find Nola and kill her before she can be Queen. But when he finds her things change and Nola can finally be with a man without being sick. She has dealt with health issues her whole life and they seemed to be getting worse. So with her best friend they end up fighting to get Nola where she needs to be and to perfo
Konny
Sep 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Frost and Flame by Gena Showalter is book two in her Gods of War series and definitedly worth reading. Every book can be read as a standalone. For best redaing experience I recommend to read the books in order. The previous book is Shadow and Ice.
Frost and Flame is Bane and Nola's book. And oh boy what a story it is. It's raw and gritty and def. nsfw and not for the faint of heart.
Frost and Flame is a fast paced nailbiting story and deals with sens. subjects.
I was captivated from chapter one and
Escape_in_a_Book
Sep 17, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed the heck out of this book!

It. 👏🏻 Is. 👏🏻 So. 👏🏻 Good. 👏🏻

As much as I love pretty much everything written by Gena Showalter, FROST AND FLAME has taken a special place in my heart. The heroine, Nola, is one of my favorite characters she has created. Nola has chronic autoimmune diseases and the way her imperfect life is written is well done. The pacing of the story of perfection. The chemistry is hopping of the pages. This is one of the best paranormal romance books I have read this year.😍
Annarella
Sep 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An excellent paranormal romance, gripping and entertaining.
There're some elements of dark fantasy and an amazing world building.
The cast of characters is fleshed out, I liked both Bane and Nora and rooted for them.
The plot is well crafted, Ms Showalter can surely write a page turner that will keep you hooked till the end.
I didn't read the first instalment in this series but I had no issue with the plot or the characters.
I look forward to reading the next novel in this series, highly recommended!
Cathy Jackson
Sep 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Gods of War is a series you must pick up!
Frost and Flame (Gods of War #2) is a brilliant sequel with all I had hoped for... and so much more. This PNR has excellent world-building, smoking hot romance, and fascinating characters.
Bane and Nola have fierce chemistry with each other even when they quarrel. You want them together and hope through their entire cat-and-mouse relationship it happens.
Gena Showalter is a masterful storyteller! Her words capture your senses, and attention, on the first p
Katherine Yearwood
Frost and Flame is book #2 in the Gods of War series written by Gena Showalter.
If you haven’t read book #2, I advise you to do so before reading this book. Frost and Flame went downhill after the prologue I wanted to like the book, but without the background story of this world, it was very troublesome to navigate, therefore it was difficult to get into the predicament of the characters.
Gena Showalter is the New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of over thirty books in paranormal and contemporary romances, as well as young adult novels. Her series include White Rabbit Chronicles, Angels of the Dark, Otherworld Assassins, Lords of the Underworld, Alien Huntress and Intertwined.

Her novels have appeared in Cosmopolitan Magazine, and Seventeen Magazine, and have been transl

Gods of War (2 books)
  • Shadow and Ice (Gods of War, #1)