Start by marking “The Mis-Adventurers: An (Almost) Epic Tale” as Want to Read:
The Mis-Adventurers: An (Almost) Epic Tale

The Mis-Adventurers: An (Almost) Epic Tale

Thomas Edward Overdale (aka Tom), of Farshire, is an eager halfling bard determined to set out on his own, so that he can write an epic tale of legend. Along the way, he meets Ashwen, an elf with a mysterious destiny. Together, they venture to a seedy bar, looking for adventure. What they find, instead, are companions for their journey: Cole, a hotheaded mercenary; Henry, ...more
Published August 27th 2019 by Midwest Mimics

To ask other readers questions about The Mis-Adventurers, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Mis-Adventurers

Start your review of The Mis-Adventurers: An (Almost) Epic Tale
Ζωή Παππά
Aug 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is one of the funniest books I’ve read! It made me laugh out loud so many times!
It was also full of action, never a boring moment. The characters are all very unique and lovable, I couldn’t pick a favorite. I also appreciated that the villains in the story were well developed with great story lines.

All I can say is more please because I loved it!

I received an ARC of this book in exchange for an honest review
Adrian Marb
Aug 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC of this book in exchange for an honest review.

This book got me laughing several times but what I loved about it is not just pure comedy, but the characters, as well as the setting and the interaction between races. Without spoiling anything I can honestly say the characters are relatable, fleshed-out, extremely well executed and are not just reacting to the plot.

I also loved it because it detaches itself from the “Dark” predominant themes the fantasy genre embraced nowadays,
Krista
Sep 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
I was given a free ARC ebook in exchange for an honest review. All opinions are my own.

The characterization and world building were both exceptionally well done in this manuscript. The entire cast of characters was diverse in traits, race, colour, gender, sexual orientation…really, you name it! There is a little something for everyone, it is literally impossible to not have a favourite character.

Speaking of a diverse cast, can I just give a very special shoutout to gnome representation? I can
Gretchen Turonek
Aug 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I laid out my thoughts in more detail on my blog. I received a free ARC in exchange for an honest review.

This book was exactly what I needed and a ton of fun to read. This novel is funny in a Terry Pratchett-esque way a lot of the time, but unafraid to get serious and emotional when the situation called for it. The worldbuilding, tone, and pacing all felt solid as well. Everything about the plot came together very neatly at the end: the more "wrapped up with a bow" approach might not appeal to
Amarinske
Aug 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
ARC provided by the author in exchange for an honest review

4 Stars with an average of 8.15/10
My rating system:
1 star: 1.0-2.9/10
2 stars: 3.0-5.4/10
3 stars: 5.5-7.0/10
4 stars: 7.1-9.0/10
5 stars: 9.1-10/10
Rating based on plot, characters, and writing (2)

Characters: 9/10
Plot: 8.6/10
Writing: 7.5/10
General enjoyment: 9/10

Review
This book was great. The characters were incredibly well developed and distinct and I loved all of them. They were the shining stars and I already am curious how the effects of
Amelia C.
Aug 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book is a ride, through and through. It's funny, exciting, and emotional, all when it needs to be. The world is fantasy classic with enough awareness that there's never a slow moment. The characters are witty, clever, and unique, with stories I can't want to read more of as the series continues.

If I was to be critical of anything, it would be that this novel can be a bit of a mood read. If you like stories that lean into self awareness and fourth wall nods, you will love this book. Even if
Bwandungi Mugarura
Aug 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC of this book in exchange for an honest review.

This story is a rollicking tale of adventure and misadventure following a gaggle of characters on a D&D like campaign. I'd never read anything like this before and enjoyed the adventure.

The characters are well developed and distinct from one another which makes it easy to follow and I appreciated meeting the villains early enough in the story.

Steven has also handled humour well, with bits of unexpected sarcasm laced in from
A.S. Howell
Aug 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Hey, you need people of intelligence on this reading... opinion... review... thang!

Man, I really hope that doesn't count me out...

Sorry, couldn't resist the reference!

So first things first, I received a free ARC of this book in exchange for an honest review.
That being said, I FREAKING LOVED IT!!! This was nearly five-star rating but a for a little tension and a wee-bit more foreshadowing. You can see my full thoughts (and me dressed as and elven idiot) in the review below:

Jinne Noble
Aug 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. The characters are very enjoyable. My favorite being Tom. He is funny and so cute! I would recommend this book to anyone that loves fantasy and D&D. It's like watching a D&D game without going to anyone's house. I can't wait to get an in-hand copy for my home library. Steven has created a wonderful cast of characters that work well together and in the story-line.
Zenita Dee
Aug 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book hits all the beats for me. It's adventurous, humorous, heart-filled, and best of all, it has an amazing ensemble cast. check out my Almost full review here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44bX7...
Vik
Oct 02, 2019 rated it really liked it

This could have been a 5-star read. The only thing taking that half-point is my enjoyment. A 5-star read for me is a book that grips me from page one and refuses to leave me until the end. This one managed to do that only in the second half. And the fact that I didnt truly connect with any of the characters.

Lets start with the good things. This book made me laugh in public. There were things that blew my mind and I didnt see coming.

English is not my native and Im still learning it. This
wanderonwards
Jan 29, 2020 rated it liked it
3.5/5 stars

I discovered this book through Megan Tennant's #indiecember and finally had a chance to pick it up. It was an enjoyable read and a decent debut novel; however, it could really benefit from a copyedit.
Thomas Kropp
Dec 13, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I thought it was an enjoyable read. It was well written, and there were places in the book in which I laughed out loud while at work. Nicely executed comedic fantasy.
Aphrodite Lee
Aug 06, 2019
Christina Christofi
Aug 07, 2019
Steven Partridge
Aug 08, 2019 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: my-books
Pietra

• The Graveyard Book, Volume 1
  • The Illustrated Herbiary: Guidance and Rituals from 36 Bewitching Botanicals
  • Chobits, Vol. 1
  • The Anxiety Survival Guide for Teens: CBT Skills to Overcome Fear, Worry, and Panic
  • The Graveyard Book, Volume 2
  • How to Give Up Plastic: A Guide to Changing the World, One Plastic Bottle at a Time
  • The Gobblin' Society  (Narbondo, #11)
  • Tightrope (Burning Cove, #3)
  • SHATTERED (THE GLASS CORRIDOR Book 1)
  • The Incredibly Dead Pets of Rex Dexter
  • NewsPrints (NewsPrints, #1)
  • Welcome Home, Beaver
  • The Forgotten Nexus
  • Kitchen without Borders: Recipes from Refugee and Immigrant Chefs and Stories of the Journey to Make a New Home
  • Merona Grant and the Lost Tomb of Golgotha
  • Save the Cat! Writes a Novel
  • Bears Make the Best Writing Buddies
  • Writers and Their Pets: True Stories of Famous Authors and Their Animal Friends