Start by marking “The Simple Abundance Journal of Gratitude” as Want to Read:
The Simple Abundance Journal of Gratitude

The Simple Abundance Journal of Gratitude

Newly revised with a fresh introduction, updated quotes, and a charming, contemporary aesthetic.

"Gratitude is the most passionate, transformative force in the Cosmos."

This beautiful companion journal to the national bestseller Simple Abundance: A Daybook of Comfort and Joy, the mega-bestselling guide that has led so many women to live fulfilling, harmonious, and
Published December 3rd 2019 by Grand Central Publishing (first published January 1st 1996)

To ask other readers questions about The Simple Abundance Journal of Gratitude, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Simple Abundance Journal of Gratitude

Start your review of The Simple Abundance Journal of Gratitude
Kelly H. (Maybedog)
Forces you to think positively every day. I found it easy to find things I was thankful for so I gave myself the task of finding a different five things every day, no repeats. (Otherwise I'd say over and over again, I'm thankful for my family, for my health, for my dogs, etc.) Some days were harder than others but I did it before I went to sleep and it ended my day on a positive note. Sure, it's very simplistic but it was nice and easier than a journal.

My mormon aunt and uncle gave this to me
Laquetta
Jan 25, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
when life is coming at you a thousand miles and you think you have nothing to live for, make a list of five things you are grateful for.
Wulfwyn
I won this book in a Goodreads Giveaway. My opinions stated here are how I feel about the book.
This book is actually a companion to a book called Simple Abundance. I have not read that book. I am thinking of getting it. You do not need to read it to enjoy this book.
I have always been a grateful type of person. My experience with life has been more difficult than easy, starting in childhood and continuing through adulthood. I believe that when you are repeatedly hurt as a child you come to
Bam cooks the books ;-)
Use to record 5 things daily to be grateful for.
Amy Garrett
Jan 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
This has a lot of pages to write in. It has a lot of good lists of things to make you st art thinking of what you are greatful of, the only thing I think I would change is more prompts instead of an actual journal type with a lot of empty pages. It works with the concept though, I would just like to see a little more things to think about!
Susie
Nov 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: inpirational
I have over 20 years of these journals, all filled out every day, I could look back on this exact day in say 2006 and know exactly what I was grateful for that day. I will do this for the rest of my life. I am quite sure this is why my life always "works" even with all the s*** I am thrown sometimes. It causes me to watch out for things I’m grateful for, even if it is just Marmite on Toast for breakfast. I am clear this ritual of writing the 5 things I am grateful for (for years) contributes ...more
Foxglow
Jan 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2013
It feels a bit like cheating to add this to Goodreads. This journal starts out with several pages about gratitude and its place in our attitudes and life. The rest of the book is split into weekly sections with five lines per day. Every morning I wake up and fill that day's lines with things I am grateful for. It is not always easy. On the second day I woke up in a puddle, because my waterbed had sprung a slow leak. My first thought was, "God ok, I can be grateful for this. I have a patch kit ...more
Ayana Mishelle
This is a great way to start keeping track of things you are grateful for. I do a gratitude list everyday and also the adults I teach they call in their gratitude list to me everyday we have been doing this for years we call it the 5 things we call in 5 things we are grateful for each day can you imagine checking your voice mail feeling overwhelmed and someone is on there saying I am grateful for some of the simple things in life. gratitude will change your world .
Heather
Mar 18, 2010 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
My word this year is Gratitude. I am using the gratitude journal to help me in my journey towards recognizing all the wonderful things/people/events in my life. I have really liked having gratitude as my focus this year. This book was good until about september - I got tired of the repetition.
Lisa
Apr 01, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read this book years ago and don't remember it specifically- but I have to give it 5 stars just because it inspired me to keep a gratitude journal, which I have off and on for years, and that has greatly enriched my life.
Amy
Aug 07, 2009 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
actually I haven't really written it yet
Sheila
Jan 27, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A great companion to the book and makes you write down what you are thankful for each day.
Krystal
Jan 11, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
You don't really need the book. But, its a good way to encourage you do to it. Just list 5 things you are thankful for every day.
Natalie Moon
Nov 05, 2007 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a gratitude journal and it's really personal. i like to write solmething at the end of each day or week.
Colleen
Jan 04, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Try to read it every day, have for years. Very uplifting
Jo
Sep 08, 2007 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: insperational
The jurnal in beautiful but I never would have used it if I did not take a workshop... The book alone is a lot to consume.
Ronel
May 14, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Implementing an abundance journal into my life made a huge difference in how I cope with those dark days and difficult times.
Joy
Jul 08, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Read this book on and off again; worth reading
Maja Antolić
Oct 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Looove it!!
Mary
Jun 07, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: journaling
A good companion to Simple Abundance. Working on this. An on-going work in progress...
Trudy
Apr 02, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Also a great idea, this is a journal so you can record all the things you are grateful for!
angelle
Gary Mullennix
Aug 04, 2014

• Me
  • Snowfall at Moonglow
  • Snowfall at Moonglow (Moonglow Christmas Book 5)
  • Christmas Spells (The Kitchen Witch Book 14)
  • Marked by Fate (Celestial Academy: The Witch #1)
  • Only Lies Remain
  • Theater Nights Are Murder
  • Shattered Truth (Opus X, #2)
  • Midnight Sun
  • Sunset Sanctuary
  • Rise of the Governor (The Walking Dead #1)
  • Year-Round Trouble: 14 Original Cozy Holiday Mysteries (Familiar Legacy)
  • Summary of The End of Alzheimer’s
  • Hey, Kiddo
  • What Color Is Your Medicine?
  • Girl Targeted
  • The Tin Rose (Elemental Steampunk Stories, #1)
In addition to SIMPLE ABUNDANCE, Sarah Ban Breathnach is the author of THE SIMPLE ABUNDANCE JOURNAL OF GRATITUDE, SOMETHING MORE, and MRS. SHARP'S TRADITIONS. She currently resides in California. Please visit her website at www.simpleabundance.com.
“Little changes [and] little choices add up to be revolutionary changes in your life.” 7 likes