Start by marking “Stranger Things: Zombie Boys” as Want to Read:
Stranger Things: Zombie Boys

Stranger Things: Zombie Boys

Following the events of season one of Netflix's pop-culture sensation Stranger Things, our main characters struggle with returning to normal life after overcoming supernatural horror.

School is back in session in the normally quiet town of Hawkins, Indiana. Mike, Lucas, Dustin, and Will are still grappling with the traumatic encounters with the Demogorgon and the Upside
Published January 21st 2020 by Dark Horse Books

To ask other readers questions about Stranger Things, please sign up.

Start your review of Stranger Things: Zombie Boys
Chad
Feb 05, 2020 rated it it was ok
A very simplistic comic taking place between seasons 1 and 2 of the show. The entire plot is Will being mopey while the boys make a horror movie. This felt like it was geared towards younger readers. I've read 2 of these Stranger Things comics now and they both felt very limited in scope, never giving me what I want. I want to see the boys investigating stranger things, not doing inane, boring things.

Received a review copy from Dark Horse and Edelweiss. All thoughts are my own and in no way
Mark
Feb 07, 2020 rated it liked it
This little tale takes place between season 1 & season 2, Will Byers is still recovering from what happened to him in the Underworld. The kids on his school behave like schoolkids do and are awful. The club gets a new kid with the latest video-camera and they all decide on making a horror movie and they decide on the subject Zombies.
The making of the movie proves to be a healthy way for the boys and girl to get rid of their negative feelings.

Not quite up to the series standard but
Chris Greensmith
Jan 28, 2020 rated it it was ok
Shelves: stranger-things
"My name is Will Byers. I live in Hawkins, Indiana. I'm twelve years old. I like drawing and D&D and hanging out with my friends...but last year...last year...things got bad."
Bryan Borgman
Jan 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is quick, fun romp with our favorite male protagonists set between season 1 & 2. My only complaint is... where is Joey in season 2 & 3?
Dec 12, 2019 rated it liked it
I would like to thank Edelweiss and the publisher for an advance copy in exchange for an honest review. I have been a fan of the show Stranger Things ever since it came out and as soon as I saw this, I wanted to read it. The boys are back in school and need to do work for extra credit. When a new boy arrives in town, complete with a fancy new betamax camcorder, the stage is set to film a zombie movie for extra credit. With colourful drawings, this is a great tie-in to the show.
Stephane Beaulne
Jan 25, 2020 rated it liked it
A fun, quick read that would have been much better had it been fleshed out into a full-length story. The first half is great but the second half feels almost rushed. Like the author had a page limit to reach and he was just trying to get the second half of the story told within the allotted amount of remaining pages.
Beelzefuzz
Jan 26, 2020 rated it liked it
Pretty simplistic, but fun and not a challenge of wading through rehash like the other Stranger Things comics have been.
This takes place between season 1 and 2 and is a small character exploration moment for one of the boys and the group as a whole.
Zac
Feb 23, 2020 rated it it was ok
A bit rubbish. Same characters as the show but super short story with nothing much happening. Set between season 1 and 2 and mostly just the kids referencing stuff that happened with a lame story line.
Rebecca Waitt
Feb 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
Short read but entertaining and cute story.
Marissa
Jan 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
A fun addition to the STRANGER THINGS world!
Larakaa
Feb 04, 2020 rated it liked it
Fun!

But why isn’t Joey in the Netflix show?
Erica
Feb 15, 2020 rated it it was ok
meh.
Sarahi Flores
Jan 30, 2020 rated it it was ok
Just a misleading in the title.

I gave it two stars because I really liked the drawings but the story is just mehh...
Stewart
Feb 04, 2020 rated it liked it
Way too short. Just like this review.
Renee M. P. T. Kray
Jan 21, 2020 rated it liked it
Awesome artwork and cute storyline, but that's pretty much it. This is Stranger Things fluff that's not particularly great or inspiring, just something to keep us crazy nerds quiet until the next season or novel comes out. You'll enjoy it if you're a big fan of the franchise, not so much if you're looking for a good story.
Stephanie

• A Spy Called James
  • Stranger Things: Into the Fire #2
  • Failing Up: How to Take Risks, Aim Higher, and Never Stop Learning
  • One Fox: A Counting Book Thriller
Greg Pak is an award-winning Korean American comic book writer and filmmaker currently writing "Ronin Island" and "Firefly" for BOOM and “Star Wars: Darth Vader" and "Atlantis Attacks" for Marvel Comics. Pak wrote the "Princess Who Saved Herself" children's book and the “Code Monkey Save World” graphic novel based on the songs of Jonathan Coulton and co-wrote (with Fred Van Lente) the acclaimed “ ...more