Start by marking “Orange Sparkles” as Want to Read:
Orange Sparkles

Orange Sparkles

Relocating to Israel is bound to be an unforgettable adventure for 11-year-old Megan, 8-year-old Noah, and their little sister, Elise. But a whole new country, backwards-written language, and leaving everything they've ever known? Should they be excited or terrified?While their dad starts his new job and their mom works out the details of the clinical trial for Elise who ...more
Published July 25th 2019 by Independently Published

To ask other readers questions about Orange Sparkles, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Orange Sparkles

Start your review of Orange Sparkles
Rebecca McNutt
Orange Sparkles is a lot of things. It's a good travel adventure, a wonderful story for readers of all ages about family and learning how to find joy and fun in new situations, it's a look at some of Israel's history, and it carries an important message about growing up with a disabled sibling, something that a lot of young children face every day but don't understand. I initially wasn't sure what it would be like. I assumed it was just a middle-grade novel about moving to a new place, but I ...more
Carol
Aug 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful book! Lots of mystery, a little bit of education about Israel, and intriguing characters. My 10-year-old nephew can’t wait to find out what happens next!
Rubin Vaughn
Orange Sparkles is a great book. Moving to a new place can be scary, but it also opens the door to magic and adventure. The book also discusses cerebral palsy, something usually not presented in middle grade fiction. The book is original and sweet and shares family values.
Emma
Sep 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this book. It's very cute. I think it would make a fabulous book for the tween demographic, especially girls. But it can be read by everyone because it gives one hope and reminds the reader that there can and should be a world of fantasy and dreams. Life does have some real challenges - even for kids - but one always has their imagination and dreams that can act as innocent, pure channels of escape.
Amiel
Oct 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed the book and I can't wait to see what's coming next ...more
Pat Eroh
Nov 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I would love to move to Israel. I believe Israel can be a magical place for those of us who believe. Megan and her brother are adorable. This is a super cute, wonderful children's tale and I hope the author writes a bunch more. Excellent read.

Rona
Sep 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Although this is a book written primarily for young people, it totally held my attention. The characters are real and likable and the story is wonderful. It was really interesting to read about a family’s adjustment to a new country and all of the changes their move brought. I loved the caring and kindness of the characters in the book and really, who can resist the magic! I can’t wait to read what happens next!!!
Nomi Hallel
Sep 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book was very interesting. I felt a real connection with Megan she is so realistic and funny. I usually really dislike reading but this book was so amazing and so nice! No one can say no to reading it!
Romi
Aug 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a very sweet, magical book to share with children. It’s a particularly nice one to read to children who are moving or are anxious about adjusting to new surroundings. Loved it!
Chanie Kirschner
Jan 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Orange Sparkles, written by Rachel Inbar is a mysterious book, where Megan, 11, Noah, 8, and Elise, 3 move to Israel away from everything they ever knew. There, while playing in a playground they discover a cave. While walking hand in hand, all of a sudden they saw orange sparkles all around them. They discover a magic tunnel where almost everything is possible! Noah experiments with flips and jumps and successfully lands on his feet! Megan sings and it sounds great! Then they try to get Elise ...more
Leah
Aug 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
It's not often I read something written for children that's really different. Orange Sparkles is a refreshing book - both written in a real, believable voice, and infused with a kind of magic that's entirely new.

As someone who lives in Modiin, it was especially exciting to read a story that takes place in my hometown, but I'm sure children everywhere can relate to the excitement and apprehension involved in moving to a new country.

The narrator's voice is steady and clear, and the story is
Judy
Jan 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
While not my normal, I think I would love to sit with a grandchild and read this. It's interesting to see what the next day will bring.
Yvie
Dec 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Orange Sparkles is a great little book that I would happily read to my nieces and nephews. A delightful story about siblings adapting to the changes that come with moving to a new country and the discovery of an amazing magical tunnel.
Bridget
Oct 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I have to say I was quite surprised. I truly enjoyed this book. In fact, when I got to the end, I couldn't help but think, "That's it? There needs to be more!".

Megan, age 11, is the oldest of three. Her younger brother is Noah, and her sister Elise has cerebral palsy. Mom seems devoted to her children, especially to Elise, and dad works a lot. The author doesn't clearly state what dad does for a living, but it must be something so big that his company decides to relocate him to Israel, a shock
Lee Arrowood
Dec 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If you want to dream. If you believe in magic. If you want to feel good as you read, this is a book you simply must read. A young family with special needs daughter moves across the world for Dad’s new job. The writer does a wonderful job describing the feelings of the main character as she travels thru this story. They discover a magic tunnel and magic rooms...where wishes and dreams come true! I enjoyed this read from the first page to the last. Highly recommend for all ages.
Sharon Gallup
Sep 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
this was another giveaway win . I found this book and story a excellent youth reading. It is about a family that moves over seas to Israel. and the adventure that they will find when they find a tunnel that has magic in the tunnel. this story as exciting , a little mystery and magic of life.
Ben Torres
Dec 08, 2019 rated it did not like it
I don't understand what other reviewers enjoyed about this book. The writing was nothing near polished and the author didn't help me relate to the characters at all. The connection between the magic and the real world through a tunnel near Megan and Noah's new home was just stupid. If you want to add magic to the real world, at least find a better way to do it. I bought this book thinking it would be like 'The Secret Garden' but I was very disappointed. At least it wasn't too long, so I didn't ...more
Tanya
Jan 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
They are just children when they learn they are moving to another country because their dad has a new job. Everything is going to be so different, from the language to the way they write. So when they find a magical tunnel they think they are lucky. What will happen in this tunnel? Will they have fun? Will they enjoy their new life? See how they all get on

Rachel Inbar
Dec 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Shez
Pam
Barbie Campbell
Amy

• Found
  • Have You Seen Luis Velez?
  • The 90 Day Knee Arthritis Remedy: An Uncommon Guide to Switching On Your Body's Natural Healing Power
  • Fallen Stars (Demon Accords, #5)
  • Executable (Demon Accords, #6)
  • THE POPPY FIELDS (The Poppy Fields Trilogy, #1)
  • Into the Labyrinth (Mage Errant #1)
  • The Wandering Inn: Volume 2
  • Jewel of the Endless Erg (Mage Errant #2)
  • Realms of Ghosts and Magic (Fae Witch Chronicles, #1)
  • The Sans Pareil Mystery (Detective Lavender Mysteries #2)
  • Forced Ascent (Demon Accords, #7)
  • God Hammer (Demon Accords, #9)
  • College Arcane (Demon Accords, #8)
  • Ring of Troth (A King's Watch Story #3)
  • Duel Nature (Demon Accords, #4)
  • Snake Eyes (Demon Accords #11)
  • Rogues (Demon Accords #10)
Rachel wrote her first book(let), You're Yucky in Some Ways, as a furious note to her parents for going out to eat and leaving her at home. She was six. Her parents didn't get the fury and roared with laughter. Disappointed but determined, she continued to write throughout her childhood and teens.

At 16, Rachel moved from the US to Israel to pursue a college education. It ended up taking a little