Start by marking “Hunted: Alba's Story (Destined, #5)” as Want to Read:
Hunted: Alba's Story (Destined, #5)

Hunted: Alba's Story

(Destined #5)

Love is a battle with high stakes. Too bad I'd never been less likely to win. Newly-minted healer mage, Alba Mattas, has only ever had one goal-to be swept off her feet by a rich, handsome man. The richer and handsomer, the better. Alba is gorgeous, and she knows how to flirt to get her way. Finding true love should be easy, right?

But when her suitor's wealthy,
Published July 26th 2019 by Independently Published

To ask other readers questions about Hunted, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hunted

Start your review of Hunted: Alba's Story (Destined, #5)
Coralie
Aug 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have enjoyed Kaylin Lee's Destined series from the beginning, but this one tops the cake! I'm not even a huge Snow White fan. This book, I think, was the best in the series thus far.

Hehe! The characters in this were lovely. First off, I love how much more we see of the previous characters. They're integrated in this tight-knit family and it's nice to see that in a book for a change. Alba kind of took me by surprise. Her character growth was so natural and so beautiful to watch. She truly felt
Micchi Kins
Jan 02, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: january-read
Kaylin Lee's Destined series has captured my heart and mind from the beginning, and Alba's entry is no different. In fact, it currently stands as possibly my favorite in the series.

While the stakes in Hunted aren't as high as they've been in the series overall, the tension is still beautifully tuned. The pacing is brilliant, creating a book that I started reading and lost myself in until it was over.

While a few things here and there made me sigh and roll my eyes - and I won't mention them here,
Leia Rose
The best of the series so far. This was the first book that I really felt like the romance had a proper amount of development to it. Alba and the love interest ACTUALLY spend time together. There's conversations, time spent together, etc. So it was nice to finally have a romance where I felt like the characters fell in love because they had time to get to know each other and liked what they saw in the other person.

I normally don't like characters like Alba or Snow White retellings so it was
Tacy
Feb 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book! Such a great spin on Snow White and the Seven Dwarves. Can't wait for the next book.
Alex (Briennai)
Jan 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Review coming soon!
Annie
Dec 23, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Excellent continuation of the series. Always entertained and the twists put on classic fairy tales are fresh and interesting.
Tasha
Dec 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I think this was my favorite story in this series because I’m a military brat and I’ve lived through what Alba did. And I just felt a real connection with her. The story was great and the development of Alba’s character was well written! I can’t wait to read Bri’s story next!
Karen
Aug 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Impressive Snow White retelling

Such a good story, and there are aspects of it I found personally relatable. Like in my teens I can remember becoming so fearful of certain social situations that I'd get very sick. And also, a decade plus later, as a Navy wife, I struggled with how to help my sons with the sense of loss they experienced when their daddy went to sea. These were great lessons, among others.

The primary characters of the story are all quite well developed. Alba grows into a strong,
Marlene
Jul 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received an advanced copy of this book from the author for review.

I loved this book. It’s been awhile since I've read fantasy and this reminded me of my great love for the genre. Alba is so likeable, so vulnerable but so determined. Her strange relationship with her sister is sad, and I truly felt that. The romantic interest she develops is funny yet strong. I love her ability, healing, and love the way she uses it. A lot of the book takes place in an underground bunker, but I didn’t tire of
Kim  Gregory
Aug 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This has been a really good series, and gets better with each new story.

Alba is a twin and her sister is Bri (Briar Rose - a name familiar to all of us who love fairy tales). In this story we get several descriptions of Alba's person, white skin, rosy lips, black hair - Snow White, actually her name comes from the snowy mountain Alba! Clever.

It's not a wicked step mother who is trying to kill her, but the Masters and the mother of her suitor! The dwarves end up being seven brothers, the
Alex Nichols
Sep 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was incredible, just like every other book in this series. I loved all of the characters, but especially Drew. I loved that there was a young child normally present in this book, children are so blunt in the funniest way and so many of his comments or statements made me snort or giggle. I also really loved how this book and entire series is completely clean, language wise and romance wise. Books that for that criteria and are still well written and interesting are so rare, and this ...more
Joy
Oct 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I truly enjoyed seeing Alba grow into a brave and courageous young woman ! This book was full of adventure and plenty of similarities to the original tale. I can’t wait for the final book in the series!
lynne
Aug 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
True loves kiss

We all yearn for true love so pure it heals and is faithful this book tells a story of change growth healing and sacrifice for true love couldn't put it down a great plot enjoyable
Amber  Christiansen
Loved it

I loved reading Alba's story. It was close enough to the original Snow White to make me smile at the familiarity, yet unique enough to keep me guessing. I can't wait to read Bri's story in the next book!
Susan
Sep 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Omg

I have years from this book. I loved Alba's story. If you haven't had a chance to read the entire series,I would strongly suggest you do so.
Della Reams
Sep 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Alba

I love this series. I have read 5 in a row. They have fantasy elements, which I have not read before. But I will again.
Charity
Aug 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An amazing twist on the snow white story!

Like all of Lee's books, this story is well written and clean. I really liked the character growth through out the story.
Missy Garoza
Sep 18, 2019
Allison
Oct 16, 2019
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• A Captive of Wing and Feather: A Retelling of Swan Lake (Beyond the Four Kingdoms, #5)
  • Identity (The Kingdom Chronicles, #3)
  • Reflection (The Kingdom Chronicles, #4)
  • A Princess of Wind and Wave: A Retelling of The Little Mermaid (Beyond the Four Kingdoms, #6)
  • Reign of Magic (The Fairy Tale Enchantress, #3)
  • Pathways (The Kingdom Chronicles, #1)
  • Path of Secrets (Andari Chronicles, #6)
  • Spelled (The Kingdom Chronicles, #2)
  • Beauty of Rosemead: A Retelling of Beauty and the Beast (Fairytales of Folkshore, #5)
  • Voice of Life (The Spoken Mage, #4)
  • Princess of Mermaids (Fairy Tale Adventures, #3)
  • Beast of Rosemead: A Retelling of Beauty and the Beast (Fairytales of Folkshore, #4)
  • A Dream of Ebony and White: A Retelling of Snow White (Beyond the Four Kingdoms, #4)
  • A Curse of Gems: A Retelling of Toads and Diamonds (The Classical Kingdoms #7)
  • Soot and Slipper
  • Princess of Shadows (Fairy Tale Adventures, #1)
  • Curse of Magic (The Fairy Tale Enchantress, #2)
  • Evermore (The Lost Princesses, #1)
Kaylin Lee lives in the Pacific Northwest with her real-life hero husband and two sweet kiddos. After a lifetime of staying up too late reading stories, she now wakes up too early writing them. It was probably inevitable.

Destined (5 books)
  • Fated: Cinderella's Story (Destined, #1)
  • Hidden: Rapunzel's Story (Destined, #2)
  • Twisted: Belle's Story (Destined, #3)
  • Betrayed: Ruby's Story (Destined, #4)