Start by marking “Dark Alpha's Temptation” as Want to Read:
Dark Alpha's Temptation

Dark Alpha's Temptation

(Reaper #9)

There is no escaping a Reaper. I am an elite assassin, part of a brotherhood that only answers to Death. And when Death says your time is up, I’m coming for you…

ebook, 1 page
Published January 7th 2020 by St. Martin's Paperbacks

To ask other readers questions about Dark Alpha's Temptation, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dark Alpha's Temptation

Start your review of Dark Alpha's Temptation
Mindy Lou's Book Review
Each book usually uncovers something new that leads us towards the future battle that is going to happen with the Others and the Dragon Kings. What we learn in this book is a bit frustrating. I really hope what they think is not what really is.

However, I did like this pairing. I like that there was no resistance from Dubhan, and I like how smart Kyra is. She may not be a warrior but she has the mind of a leader. She thinks of things others haven't, which looks like it will help in many ways.

Nov 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
ARC received for review

Another yummy Reaper meets his match.

This was over much too quick. I want to say so much, but most of it would be spoilerish. Let's just say, no I can't say that, it would be a spoiler. Loved seeing Death, Cael and the other reapers, but not near enough of the Dragon Kings. But that's about to change. Man those Others sure are devious.
Sheena ☆ Oh, the Sheenanigans!

I've always loved Donna Grant's "Reaper" series but this installment fell short in comparison to the others I have previously read and enjoyed. I just wasn't invested in the characters nor storyline as much as I wanted to be and overall, the book was just… blah. You know? Sure it wasn't terrible and to some extent I did like certain aspects to Dubhan and Kyra relationship and their journey but there was no wow factor. Sadly this installment wasn't for me yet nevertheless I very much look
Amy
Jan 06, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Review to co“I can’t explain why I’m drawn to you.” “It’s inexplicable, but it’s the truth. I tried to leave, I’ve attempted to forget you, but I can’t.”

Dark Alpha’s Temptation is the 9th installment of the Reaper Series. I have no read any of the previous books in this series, and after finishing this book, I have been clearly missing out. Yes, I have the worst habit of reading series like this out of order, but I will say that this book is written so well that I was able to jump in and follow
Marta Cox
Dec 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Kyra is a Light Fae who is desperate to track down her missing aunt who has practically raised her. Determined to do whatever it takes she’s taking the unprecedented step of stalking one of the infamous Reapers ! Dubham is what many of the Fae think of as the bogeyman and when a female starts showing up repeatedly where he is he knows it’s no coincidence. The Queen of the Light is vanquished but still they cannot find her prisoner so the last thing Dubham needs is the cute Fae with ever changing ...more
Carolyn
Jan 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: grant-donna
Things are starting to be revealed and coming together for the Dragon Kings, the Reapers and the big fight/war to come.
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)

DARK ALPHA’S TEMPTATION is book nine in the Reapers series by Donna Grant. As a fan of this world, I do think it’s worth reading the books in order. However, I do find that you can still enjoy the romances well on their own.

This particular features Kyra and Dubhan, which are two characters that I’ve really come to enjoy. I find that Grant’s characters tend to be very consistent so if you like one couple you’re bound to like the others as well. She just writes really admirable characters who
Michelle the Romance Witch
4.5 stars. Grant returns to the world of the Fae and her Dragon Kings, directly after the shocking events of the last Dragon King book (Fever) and we are all still in a lot of awe of the way that story went down. That being said there was really no telling where she was going to be taking us in this next Reaper novel so we were all on the edges of our seats waiting quite impatiently to find out just what’s next. Grant has a magical skill with her ability to interweave all of her series and ...more
Sandy S
Jan 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
4 stars

ABOUT THE BOOK: Release Date January 7, 2020.

Carrying Death's orders is my sole duty. I've never had reason to question her, even if I disagreed. But Kyra's fierceness and willpower sheds light on my mission. She drives the darkness of my world away. The answers to the Others' goals lie in her past. For Kyra, I will risk going
Kat
Jan 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
Dark Alpha's Temptation is the 6th book in Donna Grant's Reapers series, which also entwines with her books about the Dragon Kings. I haven't read the first books in either of these series, but only started a few books ago. Don't worry if this is true for you also; you'll just love the characters, story and action here that you won't care if you are a tad bit confused. You'll also want to go back and see all that you missed!

Kyra is a Light Fae who learned about the Reapers when she was
Rolé
Jan 07, 2020 rated it liked it
I’ve read most of the Dragon King books, and love them. This is my first Reaper novel, so it felt a bit out of place for me. The Reapers have been mentioned in the other books, I just haven’t had the chance to get up close and personal with them. I know enough about the entire universe so that I didn’t feel completely lost, but I might have had more fun reading it if I had read the previous Reaper novels as well.

That being said, I’ll do my review now. Kyra was fascinated by Dubhan and the
Cathy Geha
Jan 07, 2020 rated it liked it
Dark Alpha’s Temptation by Donna Grant
Reaper Novel #9

Dubhan is one of Death’s Reapers and he is being followed. Who is following him? A woman and what a woman she is! Kyra is Light Fae but she has a special gift that allows her to locate Dubhan easily...a rather rare talent as few are able to do such a thing. Once she saw him she was almost inexorably drawn to him and though a bit stalker-ish she really could not pull away.

This is a snippet in the long story of this realm. A few characters make
Mimi
Dec 05, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
In Dark Alpha's Temptation we get to know Dubhan, one of the Reapers under Eoghan's command. Kyra is attracted to Dubhan and he puts aside his search for Xaneth to get to know Kyra better. Kyra comes from an old Fae family, the Kavanaughs, and as a result she has several unique Fae abilities that come into play in the Reapers’ efforts to learn more about the Others. Based on Kyra’s analysis, Erith and Cael decide to seek out the Kings and Warriors in order to unite with them in the upcoming ...more
Rosemary K
Jan 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
Kyra finds herself drawn to a reaper. His name is Dubhan and he serves death, but he feels lighter when Kyra is near. How is she able to track him? Kyra is a Fae. She's spent years searching for her favorite Aunt. Eva has disappeared without a trace. Is she dead? I liked Kyra. She's a strong person with an unusual talent. I was amazed by her strong bond with Dubhan. I knew that they were meant to be together. I wanted them to find the answers they need to prevent bloodshed. The suspense ...more
Trish R.
Jan 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Yay! Another Reaper book. I absolutely love the Reapers, and the Dragon Kings as well. I really liked Kyra and Dubhan and all the Reapers that show up in each book.

This one was about the “Others” who are so powerful that Reapers are worried. They killed 2 of Kyra’s friends and a Fae that once was her lover. And they aren’t even sure Usaeil is actually dead.

This is such good series of novellas.

There was explicit sex in this and the F-bomb is now Fek.

As to the narration: Victoria McGloven does a
Sissy's Romance Book Review
Dark Alpha's Temptation by Donna Grant is book 9 in the Reaper Series. This is the story of Kyra and Dubham. I have read the previous books which I do feel you should do this to fully enjoy and understand the ongoing story line. Dubhan is a Reaper who is on a mission to locate Xaneth but he is finding that someone maybe following him. Kyra is a Light Fae who is out to find her missing aunt who was the one to take care of her. Kyra starts to watch Dubhan who is a reaper but she finds she is ...more
Tammy
Jan 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is the 9th book in this series and for best enjoyment, I do recommend reading them in order. Kyra is a light fae and is drawn to Dubhan who is a reaper. She asks him for help to find her aunt who went missing. Will he ignore Death’s orders and help her? Fast-paced read with loads of drama, great chemistry and has plenty of twists and turns. A great addition to this series.
Donna
Jan 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
Dark Alpha's Temptation is a wonderful addition to this series. Reaper Dubhan meets his match in light Fae Kyra. She carries off lightness and good without being too perky or saccharine. She brings a much needed light to Dubhan’s life and a different point of view to their mission. I enjoyed this episode in an action filled adventure.
Susan Underbrink
Dec 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
A big thank you to NetGalley and St Martin's Press for the ARC. I am voluntarily reviewing this book. This is part of the Reaper series. I think they should be read in order to learn about the world. Pretty convoluted, maybe not a great read as a stand alone. Liked the love story for me the rest is just filler. Still a good read. Kyra and Dubhan's story. 4 stars
Jenn
One step closer to the epic battle to end this war. I like these reapers and their side stories. It makes me excited to get the next Dragon King book.
Karen Machamer
Nov 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC in exchange for an honest review. Another hit in the Reapers series for Donna Grant Loved it. Couldn't put it down finished it in one day.
Karen  ⚜Mess⚜
Dec 27, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
Dark Alpha's Temptation is Kyra's insta-love story. Although she's a bit wet behind the ears, she is a pretty good puzzle solver. How she fits into the overall series is very intriguing.

Next up, we have the ever-so-studly Dubhan the Reaper. Even though this novel was tagged "A Reaper Novel" I felt he wasn't put up high enough on a pedestal for the label. In fact, he's quite forgettable. He needed to have more of a stronger character and be less of a sex object. Poor guy.

As far as the series

Laura Cozicar
Dec 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Dubhan is a Reaper and he’s on a mission to find Xaneth but something, no someone keeps distracting him. That someone is Kyra, an unusual Fae who has a few secrets to hide. Their strange connection reveals a few things but leaves us with several questions. This story was different from the other Reaper stories but I couldn’t seem to put it down until I was done. There is so many things I could say about this book but ... no spoilers! All I can say is, another fantastic read!
Julie (Jewlsbookblog)

Kyra and Dubhan were great as newbie friends, but fell short as long term lovers. Kyra was intelligent and had a good grasp of thinking outside the box with some very good ideas the Reapers hadn’t considered in the fight with the Dragon King’s and the Others. Then there’s Dubhan... okay, so he didn’t really leave an impression on me. Kyra really dominated the story and Dubhan sort of took a back seat to everything happening. Maybe that’s why he didn’t stand out for me?
At any rate, I
Cyndy
Jan 08, 2020 rated it liked it
I received Dark Alpha's Temptation as an ARC and all opinions are my honest and sincere opinions.

This is Donna Grant's 9th Reaper Novella and is a part of her Dark world of Dark Kings and Warriors. It is not necessary that you read these books in order, but in truth it is HIGHLY recommended that you do so, and is WELL worth the binge!

The Reapers are a secret group of Fae who are charged with carrying out Death's orders. How's that for a lead in? This 9th novella centers around Reaper Dubhan
Kim
Jan 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
Kyra is searching for answers to what happened to her aunt. Dubhan’s searching for a lost ally. A meeting leads them to team up for answers. Will they find the answers each is looking for? Can they put their separate but similar pasts behind them? What happens when she becomes the Dark Alpha’s Temptation?
Kyra has been following him since she realized the childhood scare stories were real and Reapers existed. She’s hoping that he can help her beloved aunt who helped raised her. Her aunt went
Cindy Gilleland
Dec 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was given this book for review.

I was so excited to read this book. Wanting to learn more about the Reapers and what would happen next.

This book gave us the Reaper Dubhan. He had always known what was excepted of him as a Reaper. He was always will do do whatever Death expected of him. He never thought of love and what it would be like. He watched other Reapers including Death find their other half. It was until he felt someone or something watching him and turned the table and followed her.
CerysAnne
4.5 Stars

Oh my Reaper-loving-jaw-dropping-mind-blowing-heart-racing God.

Donna Grant did not disappoint in once again leaving me gobsmacked and speechless after all she delivered here in the ninth instalment to her Reaper Series, Dark Alpha's Temptation - a story that didn't necessarily solve anything for Death and her Reapers' current problems - such as finding their missing ally, Xaneth - but rather it put even more hurdles before them as secrets are revealed, shocking discoveries are made, and
Amber
Nov 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Dark Alpha's Temptation is a fantastic journey into the heart and mind of yet another Reaper. I don't know about anyone else, but I seriously love these guys! They are fierce and strong and determined and yet when love crosses their path, they soften and accept as any man would who recognizes the incredible gift that love is. I seriously can't get enough of this stunning world and its fascinating characters. I look forward to many more amazing stories that are sure to entertain and delight!

Kyra
Sonja
Dec 26, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
Is it just me? Going by the numbers, I guess so. But I just didn't really get into this one. It was way too romancey with all its mushy BS and self esteem boosting boredom. Apparently both characters are perfect, are not who their family is, and can do absolutely anything they set their mind to. They're just so smart and beautiful and blah blah blah. It was so tedious and eye roll inducing for me. Absolutely no headway has been made in finding Xaneth and, even worse, there is pretty much no ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• The Darkest Assassin (Lords of the Underworld, #14.6)
  • Hero's Haven (Dark Protectors #11)
  • A Warrior Christmas (The Protectors, #14)
  • Edge of Darkness (Hunter Legacy, #3)
  • Conquer the Darkness (Guardians of Eternity, #15)
  • The Enforcer (Fire’s Edge, #3)
  • Chosen Mate (Crescent Moon #9)
  • Bound to Midnight
  • The Last Real Cowboy (Cold River Ranch, #3)
  • Forever My Duke (Unlikely Duchesses, #2)
  • Once Upon a Cowboy Christmas (River Ranch, #3)
  • A Wicked Hunger (Creatures of Darkness #1)
  • Wild, Wild Rake (The Cavensham Heiresses #6)
  • Blood & Ash (The Jezebel Files, #1)
  • Cyclone (Linear Tactical, #1)
  • Coming Home to Merriment Bay: Part One: A Reunion
  • Coming Home to Merriment Bay: Part Two: Sparks Fly
  • Coming Home to Merriment Bay: Part Three: Christmas
Donna is the New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of over a hundred novels. Her most popular series is the breathtaking Dark King (aka Dragon King) series featuring dragons, immortal Highlanders, and the Fae.

In addition to her novels, Donna has written short stories, novellas, and novelettes for digital-first and print release. She has been dubbed as giving the “paranormal genre a burst

Reaper (9 books)
  • Dark Alpha's Claim (Reaper #1; Dark World #22)
  • Dark Alpha's Embrace (Reaper #2; Dark World #24)
  • Dark Alpha’s Demand (Reaper #3)
  • Dark Alpha's Lover (Reaper, #4)
  • Dark Alpha's Night (Reaper, #5)
  • Dark Alpha's Hunger (Reaper, #6)
  • Dark Alpha's Awakening (Reaper, #7)
  • Dark Alpha's Redemption (Reaper, #8)