Start by marking “Breaking The Habit (Short Sharp Shocks! Book 27)” as Want to Read:
Breaking The Habit (Short Sharp Shocks! Book 27)

Breaking The Habit (Short Sharp Shocks! Book 27)

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  5 ratings  ·  4 reviews
All Isla wanted to do was enjoy her honeymoon. She was looking forward to relaxing on the beach and enjoying cocktails with the love of her life. Instead, she ends up in the middle of the woods in a cozy cabin, where the past she's worked so hard to bury can find her. Turning what should be the best night of her life, into a bloody fight to stay alive.

(cover by Adrian Bald
Published July 26th 2019 by Demain Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Breaking The Habit, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Breaking The Habit

really liked it 4.00  ·

Morgan K Tanner
Aug 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
When a couple travel to a deserted cabin in the dense woodland, you kind of know what’s going to go down there. Supernatural monsters from the trees perhaps? An escaped murderer? A ghost of the former owner? Local rednecks who don’t take kindly to peoples in these here parts?

I went into this great short story with not a clue what was about to unfold. I believed that one of the above-mentioned tropes was going to be present. But alas, I was very wrong!

Isla and Cisco arrive at this ominous-looking
Steve Stred
Jul 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
** Edited as review is now live on Kendall Reviews! **

To be honest upfront – I only bought this release to support Yolanda. She’s been someone I’ve interacted with a bunch on Twitter and she’s always been super nice and supportive. I love, love, love supporting those who are super nice, so when this was announced I snagged it. I never read the synopsis but I knew I was in for a treat with the Short Sharp Shocks! Series.

For those who may also grab this and not read the synopsis – the story doesn’
Tara (box5angel)
I went into reading Breaking the Habit thinking it was going to be about one thing but it turned out to be something entirely different. Which is a good thing. lol So great. Intense, scary suspenseful, creepy, and the antagonist one of the worse I've read (very well written). Wouldn't want to have an encounter with the antagonist - that's all I'll have to say. Makes me think of one scene from a movie from one of my fave franchises. I was repeating it over and over in my head. I really liked the ...more
Heather
Aug 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
In Yolanda Sfetsos’s short story (novella?) Breaking The Habit (Short Sharp Shocks! Book 27), Cisco and Isla just got married. Unfortunately, while the two have planned on a honeymoon in the Bahamas, Cisco has decided to surprise Isla with a cabin in the woods. Why unfortunately? Because Isla does not like surprises. And, as it turns out, with good reason. As soon as they arrive, Isla is greeted by a card addressing her as “Lala,” a name that brings up incredibly bad memories. Soon she’s in a fi ...more
Justin
Aug 01, 2019
Brittany
marked it as to-read
Aug 08, 2019
Wife. Mother. Writer. Bibliophile. Dreamer. Animal lover. Intrigued by the supernatural. Horror freak. Zombie enthusiast. Movie & music fan. Slave to her muse.

I'm an Aussie who loves to write tales of the otherworldly.

My muse doesn't like restrictions, so I write in a variety of genres. I'm always happy to toe the dark edge of storytelling.

When I'm not writing, I enjoy spending time with my