Start by marking “Cruel Boy” as Want to Read:
Cruel Boy

Cruel Boy

Rich boys sin best.
Gossip always goes around at Falcon Elite Prep.
Everyone knows Nate Wilson, the most popular football quarterback and every girl’s crush.
But there’s more behind those drop-dead gorgeous eyes and that killer smile …
He’s a notorious heartbreaker …
And he’s got his eyes set on me.
The twisted games he plays are cruel and dangerous.<
Published September 26th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Cruel Boy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cruel Boy

Start your review of Cruel Boy
KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕
CRUEL-BOY

It all started with a click of a camera..

After seeing this on my social media platforms I raced off to #oneclick and I’m so glad I did!! This is tagged as a dark read, for me it isn’t but that didn’t detract my enjoyment of this book! Though it did have a gritty element that I never saw coming! This is so much more than a bully book!
We have a tough heroine that never backs down, and a boy who goes another level with his bullying antics to get what he wants.
Meredith
Sep 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
"He's a sinner, a cruel boy, someone no one should ever want, yet everyone craves, including me."

GOOD. GAWD!!! This intensely gripping bully romance is a dark and twisted read that will hold you absolutely spellbound. Clarissa's writing is so descriptive that I felt I was actually there with these characters, feeling everything they felt during each moment of this story. This all-consuming and addicting tale had me on the edge of my seat, hooked from beginning to end.

In Cruel Boy we meet Nate and Sam, two people
Joelle
OMG ! What and intense spellbinding read.The story drew you in right from the very beginning and had you edge the entire time right until the story ended.

This is not a story where you fall in love with its characters but, Samantha for us was one kick-ass girl.Samantha's life is a bit of a complication at the moment and then she see's something she should have not seen one night at a party and from that moment on she struck the attention of High Schools popular jock Nate who starts to
Kahea
***4 Stars***

Nothing can ever be easy, can it?

Those were the words that popped up in my head many, many times while going on this journey with Nate and Sam, because, heaven help me. Nate did NOT make anything easy. True, he was stuck between a rock and a hard place, but he made things so much more difficult than they needed to be, more interesting for sure. But even though I desperately wanted to shake some sense into him, I couldn’t keep from turning the pages because the need to find out
Dora Koutsoukou
Oct 02, 2019 added it
Shelves: dnf
Dnf @ 35%. The storyline was dragging and I couldn’t connect with neither main characters whereas they had an unclear behaviour.
Gemma
Sep 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Woah I was not expecting that!

Twists and turns galore in a steamy, gripping read.

Dark and delicious and wonderfully written.

I have yet to find a Clarissa Wild book I didn't love but this was something else altogether.

The events were so current.
My heart has whiplash, It was filled to bursting with joy, only to be smashed into tiny pieces, over and over.
I couldn't tear myself away from this book, I was on the emotional rollercoaster from start to finish.
Nate
Oct 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favs
Loved Nate & Sam's story. Wow!! This was a dark, twisted read & I loved every minute of it. Couldn't put it down. I received a free copy of the book. And am voluntarily leaving an honest review.
Philomena Callan Cheekypee
Shelves: kindle-unlimited
I’ve read quite a few of this authors books and loved them so I was super excited to read her newest release.

Cruel Boy is Nate. Something happens that changes him completely. Then Sam appears. Nate is an ass but I still liked him. Sam is amazing. She gave as good as she got.

This is a well written bully romance that I inhaled in one sitting. I couldn’t put it down. I hope this author is busy storing more gems like this.
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
Sep 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
-Sara, 4 stars

The suspense of this book drove me insane. So insane I finished it in four hours.

Nate and Sam hate each other but share a secret. One that can ruin lives. But does Sam know the truth or does she just think she knows? Nate is anything but nice to her. He humiliates her time and time again and Sam always seems to fight back no matter what is thrown at her. Their undeniable attraction to each other shows early in the book but leaves you guessing what will happe
April Symes
Wowza!! Such a beautiful, complex yet dark and twisted romance that will have you on the edge of your seat until quite literally the end. This was one of the best bully romances written and being that Clarissa Wild does it with a dark and twisted flair. It's quite fascinating to read because the chemistry between the main characters are sizzling yet there are this push/pull going on. Nate and Sam are so complex and intense. I enjoyed their twisted romance and the chemistry between them. Without ...more
Irma
Oct 03, 2019 rated it liked it

Cruel boy wasn't as cruel as I wanted him to be, but those last few pages when slowly unfolding on who's to blame and of what they did... Yeah, that was amazing!
Kari Davis
Cruel Boy by Clarissa Wild is my first read by this author. I have heard of her so when I saw the cover and blurb I immediately thought yes let’s give it a go.

Cruel Boy is about Nate Wilson the Falcon Prep Eliot quarterback who is the boy that all the girls want. He has plans for his future and his gorgeous eyes and drop dead smile will entice you into his web, but he’s also got a dark side with a secret. Sam Cook, the girl that would rather slip into the shadows than be known, knows what that
♥️Fantasy Land  Book Reviewer♥️
27034655-SX540-png

This book surprised me. And I like surprises. :) I have read a lot of bully romance lately, and they all have the same type theme, that the boy is so mean to the girl that you want to slap the crap out of him until he straightens up. But this book is not like that. Cruel Boy is a high school theme story where everyone has to grow up in that almost-adult way. Nate and Sam are complex characters that are so real that it makes you not want to put this book down.

This book had everything you could w
Courtney
Oct 08, 2019 rated it it was ok
Great potential..... horrible execution

I didn’t connect with these characters at all. The h had no particular personality. She was Into art, but didn’t really seem passionate about it. She was weirdly feisty so I thought ok bad ass chick with a chip in her shoulder. Come to find out she’s a weird, artsy girl, whose rich AF. I didn’t really get the chemistry between H and h. He just seemed like a pansy. Wouldn’t stick up for the girl he wanted. Instead coward to avoid confrontation. The whole bac
TheSassyNerdBlog
Sep 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fuck me,.. Here I was thinking I would try and write a review with the word /Fuck/ in it... HA!... Yeah, it can't be done when reading a Clarissa Wild book. This author is ruthless and when she puts pen to paper, you know you are about to throw through a storyline full of suspense, darkness and a twisted love story that will blow your mind and of course this is what Cruel Boy to me.

Cruel Boy is a bully romance, one that had me on the edge of my seat from start to finish. Lately, I have been a sucker for
Lanie
Oct 07, 2019 rated it liked it
read this bec the cover is pretty
Tiffany S
Oct 10, 2019 rated it liked it
Sometimes I liked it, but mostly it just wasn’t for me
VivaVixen Virtuda
I saw all the great reviews for this book and thought “great! If everyone like this, it’s gotta be something there.” Welp, gonna have deviate from the crowd.

I found the jaded and bitchy and callous and soulless behavior of the heroine to be vile and a huge turn off. Still in HS, yet already hard and ugly, with the morals of an old meth wh*re. It’s just not a good look on someone so young.

There was nothing likable in this character, nothing that tugged on my heart and made me feel emotionally c
G. K. Malathi
Oct 04, 2019 rated it did not like it
Well, what the actual fuck.
Jennifer Hinson
I am the creep who stalks her. The killer who chases her. The bully who makes her feel helpless. The guy who wants what he came for.

As popular as Clarissa is, seeing that she has a new title releasing doesn't do for me what it does for others. The reason for that? Well, I read the first book in the Debt Duet and really hated the writing. But I am a sucker for bully romance and second chances so that's how I find myself blown away and still reeling from Nate and Sam's story. I know this is said abo
Heather Miller
Oct 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Nate Wilson is a popular football jock at his high school. Often toying with the girls and not in a good way.

Sam is someone who is hard but yet soft. She isn’t afraid of showing / telling her feelings. When she tumbles with Nate he’s up for a match with her.

Sometimes people are bullies because of something else going on in their life. They might be acting out due to something personal going on in their life.

Plenty of twists and turns to keep you in your toes.

I did receive a free ARC copy of
Jo-Ann Forrest
Sep 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Nate bullies Sam to get her to stop her from revealing his secret. This secret could destroy him and his bullying her makes a strong, smart character that will give as much as she gets. Their story is full of twist and turns and will have you the edge of your seat. This dual POV will show their fierceness and strenght of character. This awesome nail biting story will take you on a roller coaster ride of emotions. I volunteered to review an arc of this story.
Barbara
Oct 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is the first book I have read by Clarissa Wild and definitely won't be my last. This is not my usual read but I thoroughly enjoyed "Cruel Boy" and was captivated by the characters.
Nate, popular, sexy football quarterback is every girl at Falcon Prep schools crush. Sam, a strong willed, take no crap girl who's main interest is art and photography takes pictures at a year-end party that has Nate taking interest and bullying Sam. This is a dark, twisted, funny at times, enjoyable read.
Tammy G
Oct 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
I totally adored Cruel Boy by Clarissa Wild. It had all the elements that made it great. The storyline kept me interested. There was always an event occurring, keeping you on your toes, wanting to know more. The two main characters, Nate & Sam, had amazing chemistry, even when they tried to hate each other.
To me, this met my expectations and would completely recommend. Happy Reading!!!
Alison Chewning
Sep 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
Cruel Boy (A Dark High School Bully Romance) this book was another good read. I enjoyed reading about the theme of a high school bully this was a different element for me to read. I thought the characters were good and as well as the storyline it was enjoyable to read.
I voluntarily reviewed an advance copy of this book
Julie
Sep 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was a romantic suspense with the plot having a strong bullying trope to it. Nate is a popular jock and was present at a house party were Samantha was also. He now wants to know exactly what she knows, by bullying her. The tension is high, and the need to find out was riveting. I liked how the characters developed and their relationship changed grew as the story progressed. A very intriguing and intense story. A great read!
Sharon
Oct 04, 2019 rated it liked it
It pains me to say this, but the more of these bully romances I read, the more I dislike them.

In this book, I was so confused as to what was happening. At times it was hard to follow the POV which is twice as hard when the author is mixing in time hops of the time line. I could not connect with Sam and Nate AT ALL and they had no connection during the whole book, but then suddenly they are a couple…..say what? The storyline was very choppy and disjointed and there was so much unneces
Tish Cocktails & Fairytales
Incredible story!! I was really excited to read this one when I first heard about it, I had a feeling it was going to be a great one, it was even better than I had anticipated. A very intense bully romance that had me on the edge of my seat the whole time.
Tammy
Sep 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow another amazing book, from this extremely talented author. Every single book of hers I read, I get sucked right in at the first chapter, and this was no different. I loved Sam she is such a strong character, and that was totally needed when dealing with Nate. I read this book, so fast because I needed to know what happened, Everytime I tried to close it, it stuck in my mind trying to figure out the 'secret', and what really happened Like I said another amazing read!
Lisa Roberts
Sep 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The intensity and suspense of this story nearly killed me not knowing what was gong to happen next as there are secrets and more secrets that threaten Nate and Sam as he bullies her every minute of everyday to get what he wants.
Sam and Nate are very strong willed characters sparring head to head and intense but so steamy all at the same time even when you think your life is falling apart and someone has to pay you might get other ideas and it changes everything.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• Hard to Love
  • Reckless Hate (Westbrook Blues, #1)
  • FALCON (Trinity Academy #1)
  • Deviant King (Royal Elite, #1)
  • Sweet Retribution (Rydeville High Elite #3)
  • The Kiss Game
  • Flame (Men of Inked: Heatwave Book 1)
  • The Risk (Kings of Linwood Academy #3)
  • Noble Savages Box Set
  • Beg for Mercy (Mercy Academy #1)
  • Break You (Boys of Trinity Hall, #1)
  • Sonata (North Security, #3)
  • The Burn (High School Bully Romance) (Diamond Lake High School Book 1)
  • Hate the Game (Love Games #1)
  • Cruel Prince (Royal Hearts Academy, #1)
  • Who Breaks First (Clearwater University #1)
  • Play With Me (Diamond In The Rough #1)
  • A Kiss to Keep
**NOTE FOR LIBRARIANS: please check with me before making any changes - I generally make all necessary changes and updates myself. :)**

--- I generally do NOT check my messages on Goodreads, so if you want to contact me, please do so on my website: https://www.clarissawild.com/contact --

Clarissa Wild is a New York Times & USA Today Bestselling author with ASD (Asperger's Syndrome), who was born and raised
“Sam Underwater, everything is quiet. Tranquil. Like heaven is all around you, caressing your body, pulling you into its embrace. Deeper and deeper, it pulls at your legs until they beg to be released. I hold my water-resistant camera in front of me and take multiple pictures of the cold depths of the ocean. Its beauty never fails to mesmerize me. But I can’t stay for too long; sooner or later, that urge to breathe always pulls me back to the surface toward the dark sky littered with a million flickering lights … back into the noise of swooshing water and rushing wind. The shore is mostly deserted, except for a few beer cans, party cups, and some clothes and trash lying scattered all around. The only other person there is Nate Wilson … the most handsome guy at school and so much more than that. He’s sitting on a few rocks near the edge of the beach with a girl by his side. I can’t stop watching. Their hands touch briefly, but then the wave overtakes me and blocks my view. When the water lowers, I shake my head, but the waves keep picking up. Still, I hold up my camera and take a few pictures. Right as he turns his head toward me, I dive underwater again. Here, there are no boys, no girls, and no secret touches. Just me and the water, and all the beautiful creatures below that need to meet my camera. A single picture says more than words ever will. No matter how powerful they are. Nate People say it only takes a few minutes for your life to be destroyed. I never believed them … until today. With just the snap of a finger, a stupid decision and a simple push, I marked my own fate. My body grows colder and colder the longer I stay in the water. It consumes me whole as I stray farther and farther away from myself. From reality. I’m so damn dizzy, but I can’t collapse here. Not now, not in the middle of the ocean. I take a deep breath and peel my eyes open, forcing myself to go. That’s when I spot her … the girl and her camera. FLASH. I cover my eyes with my hand. Salty seawater enters my nostrils and mouth as I struggle to swim. When I open my eyes again, the girl is gone; swallowed by the same waves that drag me back to the shore. As my feet sink into the sand and the water creeps up against my toes, I stop and turn around, clutching the long red hairs in my hand as though they’re my last lifeline. This is now the place where not only my life changed forever. But hers too.” 0 likes