Start by marking “It Won’t be Christmas Without You” as Want to Read:
It Won’t be Christmas Without You

It Won’t be Christmas Without You

From the author of the smash hit Netflix romcom The Kissing Booth!

Her workaholic twin sister, Cara, on the other hand, plans to work over the

Published August 30th 2019 by One More Chapter

To ask other readers questions about It Won’t be Christmas Without You, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about It Won’t be Christmas Without You

Start your review of It Won’t be Christmas Without You
Emer (A Little Haze)
I was in the mood for some light fiction; something a bit cute, a little bit sweet... So I plumped for this Christmassy book in my library's eCatalogue...
Wow do I regret it!!!

This is such an amateur style of story. The writing is so bland. So perfunctory. And utterly without charm or emotion. One of the poorest offerings I've read in recent times.

The main characters... Identikit.
This book was written in alternating chapters that related the third person perspective of two sisters... But there
Brooke — brooklynnnnereads

I have never read (and haven't seen the movie) "The Kissing Booth" but this novel comes from the author of that novel. Also, from what I have read, this is the author's debut into Adult fiction compared to her previous Young Adult works.

For me, this novel read as an average and quick Christmas read. There wasn't anything that made the story more than that and it will easily be forgotten. Although that sounds rather harsh, it's not necessarily a bad thing because the novel did serve its
Lauren James
Sep 27, 2019 is currently reading it
Shelves: ukya
A sweet, very English romance novel with alternating perspectives between two twin sisters - one in London and one in their home town. When their parents announce they're going on holiday over the holidays, they have to make their own festive plans. Got me in the mood for christmas!
Gabby
Aug 30, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-in-2019
I'm not usually one for Christmas themed books even during the season, but here I am at the end of August having just finished one . . .

And this was cute. I don't think the fact that it's not Christmas impacted my reading at all, because it set the scene well - the Christmas clothing, decorations, crazy weather and the manic of public transport!

The dual perspectives worked really well. At the start, I was a bit confused on whose point of view it was (it seemed like a third person strict
Rachel Gilbey
Nov 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
How on earth have I finished this book already? I swear I've only just started it, the writing was flowing so well and its so pleasurable to read, that I seemed to be reading large chunks of the book without really noticing, or spending much time doing so.

I do love a fast to read book, and when it contains a story as delightful as this one you are onto a winner.

The main question in this book is whether or not Eloise and twin sister Cara will actually be together on Christmas day. We see the
Becca
Sep 22, 2019 rated it it was ok
Can't say this was really my thing. It's a really fast read and has pretty much no depth. I have a sister and we'd never treat each other like Eloise and Cara do. Couldn't really get behind the romance as it didn't really build much.

The writing isn't bad - reminds me a little of Sophie Kinsella in terms of drama. Just couldn't really appreciate the characters.

I was excited because the characters were early twenties but for me it didn't really show what it actually feels like.
Emily Merrill
Aug 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
*** Copy sent for review via Netgalley ***

I couldn't believe it when I was approved for an ARC of Beth Reekles' new book. An excited dance party in my living room followed the NetGalley notification.

This novel is an adult romance set around Christmas time, following dual perspectives from Eloise and Cara, a set of twins living apart post-graduation in the cities of Doncaster and London. Their parents are going on holiday for Christmas, so it's up to the twins to spend the day together and hold
Ashley
Aug 29, 2019 rated it liked it
I really enjoyed the UK Christmas setting of this book and the countdown to Christmas on each chapter header was really fun. It was fun reading about twin sisters, especially two being as different as Eloise and Cara. I personally could relate way more to the Christmas obsessed Eloise though!

However, I just did not really connect with these characters and for much of the story they felt a little flat to me. I'm not sure if it was because it was from dual perspectives, but I just wanted all of
Katherine
Aug 24, 2019 rated it it was ok
I am sorry to say this book was a disappointment. It lacks any charm or substance and the description is misleading. I don’t understand why it says this: “Eloise isn’t giving up just yet. With James’s help and a white Christmas on the cards, Cara can’t fail to be moved by the magic of the season … can she?” There is almost zero interaction between James and Cara and certainly no teaming up to bring any Christmas magic her way. This novel is really about twin sisters but not much else. The novel ...more
Gaele
Eloise and Cara are the focus and narrative perspectives in this little story – a quick and non-demanding read that focuses on the different lives and perspectives of the twins as Christmas celebrations are in the planning stages. While Cara is working every hour sent (almost literally) to get a coveted promotion – foregoing dating, visiting family and denying the holiday celebrations, her sister Eloise is running multiple Nativity pageant rehearsals for the students in the school while she ...more
Agi
Nov 18, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2019, 2019-releases

Cara and Eloise are twins, living in London and Doncaster. As their parents have decided to go on holiday for Christmas, it's up to them to spend the day together, following all the traditions. But while Eloise, a primary school teacher, is obsessed with Christmas and can't wait for her sister to come and spend time with her, Cara on the other hand is a workaholic who can hardly find time to meet with her boyfriend, let alone visit her family home for a one day only.

I got into this book
Viv
Sep 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
I nearly screamed aloud when I heard about this book. I mean - Christmas time, romance, a Mr Darcy-esque male lead, references to Pride and Prejudice and Hallmark movies... what more could you want? And yes, I did like it! It was an absolutely lovely read, particularly as we'll be gearing up for Christmas soon (ish).

Characters:
At first, it was a little jarring because there are switching point of views, but they aren't announced - they kind of just switch. But once I got past that, I really
Charli
Aug 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2019
I admit, I’m not usually one for romance or adult fiction. I’m more of a mystery, thriller, horror, and YA person. But this book seemed like it was going to be too cute to pass up. I was right.

Christmas is my second favorite holiday after Halloween. It should be - my birthday is Christmas Eve. So I know how important it is to be surrounded by loved ones for Christmas. So I can see why it is that Eloise is so disappointed when it seems that Christmas might not include her twin sister.

The writing
Nancy Ahyee
Aug 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Publisher’s description: Eloise, a self-confessed Christmas obsessive, can’t wait for the big day. Devoted to her Michael Bublé playlist, she’s organising the school nativity play and even her gorgeous Grinch of a neighbour, James, can’t get her down.

Her workaholic twin sister, Cara, on the other hand, plans to work over the holiday. The sisters used to be close but since Cara moved to London, everything’s been different.

Eloise isn’t giving up just yet. With James’s help and a white Christmas on
Megan (Glitter and Plato)
Cara and Eloise are twin sisters who couldn't be more different. Eloise is OBSESSED with Christmas, and since she was recently dumped by her long term boyfriend, she is determined to make this Christmas season the best one yet. Even her grinchy neighbor can't dampen her spirits.

Cara, on the other hand, is a raging workaholic who can hardly find time for her boyfriend, let alone a visit home for the holidays. The sisters used to be close before Cara moved to London for her dream job, but their
Lghiggins
Nov 16, 2019 rated it liked it
Cara and Eloise are twins in Beth Reekles’ It Won’t Be Christmas Without You. The author never tells if they are identical twins or not, but they are certainly different in personality. Cara is a workaholic, driven to earn an early promotion. She feels she has always had to work extra hard to achieve grades and jobs. Eloise is a teacher and success in school and in finding her first job comes easier for her. She, however, always feels lacking in the friendship department.

This year Eloise’s world
Kristin
Aug 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Early NetGalley copy review:

Eloise is obsessed with Christmas and her twin sister Cara is obsessed with work. They also are both in transition in their love lives. Cara just started dating. But can this new man compete with her overbooked work schedule? Eloise is struggling with her first Christmas after a big breakup. Can she keep up her cheery spirit despite the loss? And who is that handsome man in the apartment across the hall? Overall, this book is about the sister’s relationship and how
Kate Mclaughlin
Aug 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I am a sucker for a festive romance and gorge myself on as many as I can find, (hence reading a Christmas book release in August) and #ItWontBeChristmasWithoutYou enveloped me in the festive spirit from the start.

From the realities of having a sister, particularly a twin (I have imagined and had many similar feelings as our two main characters Cara and Eloise) to the enchantment of blossoming romance at the most wonderful time of the year, I enjoyed the escape from my own life and championed
Emily O
Aug 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
I’m so itching for Christmas that I was thrilled to be approved for this ARC from @netgalley and @harpercollinsuk ! (Thank you! For the eARC in exchange for a review!)
Cara and Eloise are twin sisters who have always loved Christmas. However, since Cara has moved to London she has become engrossed in her work and is putting Christmas (and her sister) on the back burner. What ensues is a story of family, love, and Christmas spirit.
As per usual, I vaguely remembered the synopsis of It Won’t Be
Victoria Weston
Dec 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is the first I've read from this author.
It's a really quick read, a light hearted story if a tad predictable, it's also very heart warming and a great Christmas read.
We see from both points of view of the characters.
Cara and Eloise are twin sisters and are both very different.
Cara is a career driven workaholic who is going for a promotion, she's very work obsessed. Cara is completely different to her sister as she is very outgoing and very confident.
Eloise is a teacher. She is a very shy
Cass (thebibliophagist)
Sep 01, 2019 rated it did not like it
Shelves: read-19, netgalley
*I’d like to thank Harper Collins UK and Net Galley for this free Advanced Reader’s Copy in exchange for a completely honest review.

Christmas is my all time favorite holiday precisely for the Christmas themed films, music, and books. I was overjoyed to receive this ARC centered around my favorite time of the year but I am sorry to say that it really fell short.

Like any proper Christmas romance, the book is full of holiday cliche that I found completely heartwarming. The story was enjoyable, fun,
Marsha Keeper Bookshelf
Reviewed at Keeper Bookshelf

IT WON’T BE CHRISTMAS WITHOUT YOU brings us the story of twin sisters Eloise and Cara who are total opposites in personality. Each has differing tensions both personal and work-related this holiday season as we follow them through the days leading up to Christmas. I read Christmas Romance for the season and the love stories combining my favorite season and reading choices. I simply didn’t feel the magic of Christmas here. I did feel a lot of tensions that felt, to me,
Lynette Burnett
Oct 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
I am not a lover of Christmas stories. You probably won’t find me binging on Hallmark Christmas movies. But I’m up for the occasional Christmas rom-com. So I was delighted when I received an advanced e-copy of It Won’t Be Christmas Without You by Beth Reekles. This story had all the Christmas rom-com necessities: 1) takes place in the UK (as do all the great Christmas stories), 2) twins-one who loves Christmas, one who isn’t as fins and has her career to think of, 3) parents who go on holiday at ...more
Michelle B
Aug 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this quick, humorous, feel-good read about twin sisters Eloise and Cara in the lead up to Christmas.
Eloise is obsessed with trying to create a perfect Christmas whereas Cara is obsessed with trying to secure promotion at work. Both sisters have difficulties in the love lives - something they should bond over.
Will Cara and Eloise put aside their differences for the Yuletide season? Will Eloise achieve anything close to resembling her perfect Christmas? Can Cara enjoy Christmas
Hannah Heartss
Aug 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I adored this book so much. As a huge Christmas fan, this really hit the spot. Where are the mince pies?! This was a quick, easy and enjoyable read that’s mainly about family and the holiday season with a little hint of romance thrown in.

I found all of the characters to be likeable and relatable. I did find myself liking Eloise more, she is just like me so it was so nice to read a character so similar to yourself. Cara was frustrating at times with how hard she works but I did understand why at
Sydney
Aug 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Thank you Netgalley and One More Chapter for the opportunity to read this book early! All thoughts and feelings are my own.

This is a story all about twin sisters finding love, success and happiness during the Christmas season. I enjoyed the dynamic of the two sisters. I absolutely loved their love interests as well; such sweetness!

I definitely related more to Eloise, personality wise, and sometimes found some of Cara’s chapters hard to get through because of the way she treats Eloise. But they
Jessica
Sep 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Thank you to NetGalley for providing an eARC in exchange for an honest review.

I read pretty much every Christmas chick lit book available, and I will be honest- this is one of my favourites of all time! Reekles perfectly balances the family relationships between Eloise and Cara and their parents with the romantic relationships. She skilfully builds multiple plots, and weaves them together. And the biggest asset? It is truly a Christmas novel! Christmas is a character in the book, and the setting
Hayley Simpson
Aug 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-netgalley
The only thing I didn't like about this book was that it was too short! It Won't Be Christmas Without You is about twin sisters, Cara and Eloise. With their parents heading to warmer climates for Christmas, Eloise asks Cara to come to her flat instead. However, workaholic Cara isn't too keen on this idea. What follows is a little bit of sisterly drama and a whole lot of romance. I empathised with Eloise as a self-confessed Christmas nerd - I just wish I had a good-looking Mr Darcy next door as ...more
Rachel Kennedy
Oct 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
The story of twins Eloise and Cara. Opposites, Eloise is shy and prefers to stay at home, whereas Cara is outgoing and moved to London.

Christmas is approaching and Eloise wants nothing more than to spend it with her family, but will the snow storm stop all that? When she ameks friends with neighbour Jamie will it lead to more?

Cara works too, determined to get a promotion. She is also worried that her new boyfriend is keeping secrets from her - will she confront him and get the answers she needs?
Anglophile Bookworm
Aug 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really liked this book about two twin sisters, their relationships, jobs and Christmas preparations. At the beginning I thought it was a bit awkward to read a book about Christmas in August but as I was reading it, I really got that festive spirit!

Fast pace narrative and lots of pop culture references which make it an enjoyable reading. If you are looking for a Christmassy book… you should read “It won’t be Christmas without you”; perfect for the holiday season!

Thanks to NetGalley and

• We Met in December
  • One Week 'Til Christmas
  • The Accidental Life Swap
  • Christmas Every Day
  • Snowflakes at the Little Christmas Tree Farm: A cosy and uplifting Christmas romance
  • A Wedding in December
  • The Garden on Sparrow Street
  • A Gift in December
  • Single All the Way
  • Coming Home to Glendale Hall
Beth Reekles is a young author from Newport in South Wales. She's an undeniable bookworm and an avid drinker of tea. Beth has been writing on platforms such as Wattpad, to great acclaim, for a year or so: her first novel, The Kissing Booth, which she wrote at the age of fifteen, was the most-viewed, most-commented-on teen fiction title on the site, with over 19 million reads and 40,000 comments. ...more