Jump to ratings and reviews

Love & Wine #1

Always Yours

Some things are just meant to be...

Ellen Somerville and Will McIntyre met by accident and under unusual circumstances. Getting sprayed by a skunk in a parking lot wouldn’t normally be the greatest way to start a relationship, but somehow it was the catalyst to what was always meant to be.

While Ellen’s sister is at home trying to navigate the perils of first love, Ellen and Will are building an intense bond that will span decades.

But when years later her sister’s love life fails to materialize, Ellen knows it's time to step up and take matters into her own hands...

First published January 13, 2020

Loading interface...
Loading interface...

About the author

Claire Raye

31 books512 followers
Sign up to our newsletter for two FREE books & all the gossip: http://bit.ly/2vbRBmA

Claire Raye are a BFF writing duo that love to drink wine, eat cheese and write about strong, sassy women and the men who love them.

CHECK OUT OUR WEBSITE!

FOLLOW US ON INSTAGRAM!

LIKE US ON FACEBOOK!

VISIT OUR AMAZON AUTHOR PAGE!

Ratings & Reviews

What do you think?

Friends & Following

Create a free account to discover what your friends think of this book!

5 stars
14 (11%)
1 star
3 (2%)
Displaying 1 - 21 of 21 reviews
Profile Image for Dilushani Jayalath.
862 reviews160 followers
September 12, 2019
Cute, short read on the story of will and Ellen and because I’m slightly biased towards them my rating for this book is higher than the first one. It was a short read but nonetheless cute with some pretty sizzling scenes. It’s really cute how the two are pushing on 15 years and still much in love along with the two cutest and at the same time meddling twins ever. A definite read for those who loved the first book.
This entire review has been hidden because of spoilers.
Profile Image for Books Laid Bare.
2,275 reviews35 followers
October 10, 2019
3.75 Stars
A super quick, extra sassy novella that sets the tone very nicely for the forthcoming Love & Wine series.
I liked the first glimpse we got of Ellen and Will and I have to say that I hope to see a lot more of the pair of them but with Jack and Lauren up next in the first full novel of the series, I may have to wait a little while.
As you would expect in a novella, the author worked hard to get in as much details as she could and for the most part it worked, it was hard not to totally adore not just Will and Ellen but the superb cast of other characters but at times it was all taking place a breakneck speed. I would have loved a little more time, a chance to revel in their company and to honestly get under their skin, although it was impossible not to admit that they were the perfect pair, even if it wasn’t all plain sailing.
Written beautifully this more than piqued my interest for what is to come…so on to book one!
Profile Image for Misty Warner.
919 reviews3 followers
March 30, 2021
I voluntarily read and reviewed an ARC of this. This is a new author for me and is the first book of the Love and Wine series. It's an insta romance with a HEA ending.
This book is set 14 years ago and is Ellen and Will's story that leads to the present day of Lauren's, Ellen's sister, love troubles.
Ellen and Will meet by chance when a skunk attacks Ellen and Will becomes her hero and gets it out of her car. Despite the horrible smell coming from both of them the sparks fly between Ellen and Will and they become inseparable. Ellen has made it clear that after graduation she plans to move home to help run the families winery but is Will willing to follow her across the country from his family.
I really enjoyed this super sweet romance and can't wait to read the next one in the series.
Profile Image for Emily  T.
351 reviews14 followers
April 25, 2021
I was laughing before the first chapter ended! I absolutely loved Ellen and Will's meet cute, and fell in love with their sweet story of how they met! I read these books out of order, so I loved getting to see how these two met and their love story started <3
Profile Image for Delaney.
36 reviews1 follower
March 9, 2021
This was a super sweet and steamy novella, and a great way to introduce the characters in this series. I enjoyed this quick read very much. I can’t wait to start the rest of the books!
1,177 reviews
April 14, 2021
Forever love

I am not a big fan of young love. I prefer more adult characters but, these two college kids are nice and the story is both sexy and touching.
Profile Image for Melissa J (Book Addicts Reviews).
1,002 reviews77 followers
October 7, 2019
4.5 cute stars!!

This is the prequel to the series “Love & Wine”. It is a novella and I just realized only available via the authors or subscribing to their newsletter.

I am not sure what the next book is about but this book set us up with some really great characters. I absolutely adore Ellen and Will!! The secondary characters crack me up and I am in love with everyone!!

It is hard to get wrapped up in a novella. I did enjoy the shit out of this book but it was too easy. Everything was super fast. I get it but I lost the feels. With that being said these two were meant for each other. And even though it was a novella it flowed beautifully. I’m actually sad we had to jump forward 14 years I would have loved to read about their struggles and strifes. BUT I am super excited to see when her little sisters book comes out. Omg Jack and Lauren is gonna be explosive and just what I was looking for!!

This is a quick, easy read. Full of laughs, sex, love and beautiful happy endings.

**I received this book as a review copy and in return gave my honest review**
Profile Image for Amy [Book Addict Reviews].
1,988 reviews149 followers
August 11, 2019
Always Yours is the perfect introduction to a new series by one of my favorite writing duos, Claire Raye. It was sweet, it was funny and it was swoony.

Ellen and Will have hands down one of the best meet cutes I have EVER read. I was laughing so hard. Who knew a skunk could be the catalyst for a great relationship? The chemistry between Ellen and Will was instant and perfect. They both fell head over heels for each other.

Ellen and her sisters relationship was another plus of this novella. Ellen’s sisterly advice to her baby sister was great and the advice that Will added was fantastic. He barely knew her and was already playing the big brother role.

Ellen and Will return to her families Vineyards and end up taking matters into their own hands when it comes to her baby sister’s love life…..

I can’t wait to see what is in store for Jack and Lauren. Plus, hopefully there is some more of Ellen and Will!
Profile Image for World Of Books 65.
1,825 reviews32 followers
September 15, 2019
I laughed out loud and quietly smiled in this well written novella by Claire Raye!
What a story to tell your children when they asked - How did you and and daddy meet? Well after getting drunk at a college party I went to a house to have a one night stand - but never happened as we passed out - I did the walk of shame to my car to find a Stunk hidden under it after it spread me and jumped in my car along came your dad like a night in shining armour throw up all over the place and got covered himself when trying to extract said stunk from my car!

Ellen is distant to go back home to Napa to work on her parents vine yard when she finishes college - Will lives on the other side of the country but from the first meeting they both knew they had found something rare and it was worth fighting for.

I am so looking forward to Laurens full book coming up in the Love and Wine series.
Profile Image for Teri.
3,919 reviews31 followers
October 1, 2019
Great start to a new series. This starts off funny and stays that way. Since I read the books out of order I can honestly say they are standalone reads in a series with cross over characters. Although this one leads to Lauren’s story, it’s only to explain the part she played. Just get ready for a fun time because it’s a light easy quick read. Can a one night stand really work? Fun and passion is what gets them growing and being but the twins keep it going. We get a view of loving siblings and a peak at the sister Lauren's escapades which are the next book. It's short and sweet and a breath of fresh air mixed with some passion. We also get a feel for just how it feels to have a meddlesome sister. The path has been laid for a whopper of a follow up with Lauren.
Profile Image for Wayward Readers Book Blog.
528 reviews14 followers
August 8, 2019
A short, entertaining prelude to some of the characters in the Love and Wine series. Claire Raye’s writing is witty, laugh out loud funny, and captures the reader’s heart. It was the perfect introduction of contextual information to help the reader fully appreciate any developing character arc(s) moving forward. The cast is well-crafted and relatable. Will and Ellen's chemistry seeps off the pages. Raye produces a complete story in just a few chapters and skillfully entices the reader with more. Loved it! 5 stars.
September 25, 2019
Love love loved it right from the first page! Had to finish and get my HEA!

The circumstances that Ellen meets Will are hilarious. I’m reading on the couch and start cackling and have to read the whole scene to my 18 year old who also starts hee haw laughing.

Thank you baby Jesus In your sweet little manger for sending will to ellen to save her from that skunk! This was the perfect start to a series. Big laughs and lots of sizzle! Can’t wait to start this next one and see Lauren and Jack!❤️❤️
Profile Image for Claire Raye.
Author 31 books512 followers
Read
August 23, 2020
A hilarious meet-cute featuring two hungover college kids, an early morning walk of shame and a skunk! If you love laugh-out-loud romance, then grab this sweet novella right now!

Available on all platforms ---> https://books2read.com/u/4j2KRv
Profile Image for Messy Bun Book Blog.
2,315 reviews
Read
October 10, 2019
What a great way to start a new series! I am so in love with Will and Ellen! One of the best meet-cutes EVER! I am looking forward to Love & Wine! FIVE STARS!
Profile Image for Will Decker.
Author 19 books7 followers
March 23, 2021
Students, whether high school or college, always seem so immature and I have a hard time fitting them into my idea of a romantic story. Compounding the problem, I felt both the characters and the plot were shallow with no real challenges to overcome. There wasn't any sexual tension (they just kinda jumped into it before I even got a feel for what was really going on) and the rest just rolled along. The sex scenes were well written, hence the 3 stars, but the rest was just meh and forgettable.
Profile Image for Ally.Always.Reads.
721 reviews105 followers
August 1, 2021
Wasn’t much to it. It was really setting you up for the next book.
There were some random details missing…
1,748 reviews11 followers
January 16, 2023
Always yours

A good read for people who are into the sera good read but quick shaping up to be a good series recommend highly must read the next one of the series
Profile Image for Cindy thismomreadsbooks.
152 reviews3 followers
May 22, 2022
I fell in love with Ellen and Will instantly. They were both such likeable and relatable characters and their instant connection, flirty banter and chemistry jumped off the page! They have you smiling, swooning and laughing the whole time. It’s such a perfect book for a re-read!!
Ellen and her sister, Lauren have a wonderful relationship and I loved getting to see their family vineyard.

This novella also has, hands done, THE BEST meet cute ever! This story is a must read for that alone 😂🦨. This is also a fantastic introduction to one of my favourite series.

Highly recommend this read and the whole series, which just keeps getting better and better!

5⭐️

Displaying 1 - 21 of 21 reviews

Can't find what you're looking for?

Get help and learn more about the design.