Start by marking “Flying Without a Broom: Astral Projection and the Astral World” as Want to Read:
Flying Without a Broom: Astral Projection and the Astral World

Flying Without a Broom: Astral Projection and the Astral World

3.65  ·  Rating details ·  133 Ratings  ·  8 Reviews
For a moment, imagine being totally free of any constraints. You can visit any point in time, any point in space. And imagine that you can do this easily, anytime you want. Many people thought that Witches could do this by riding on a broom.
The broom ride was only symbolic, but Witches do know how to travel on the astral plane. So who better than a Wiccan to explain how y
Published September 8th 2002 by Llewellyn Publications (first published January 1st 1995)

To ask other readers questions about Flying Without a Broom, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Flying Without a Broom

Gregg
Mar 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: lucid-dreaming
This book can be looked at as a travelers guide to the astral world from the point of view of someone who goes there the way most of us go to the store. One of the major ideas the author expresses is the importance of having a purpose when you astral project. This does two things it aids in the process, and it gives the activity meaning.........which aids in the process. I, along with the writer, would strongly urge all practitioners to try to be of service to others, and use your talents to adv ...more
Iona  Stewart
Mar 23, 2014 rated it liked it
This book on astral projection is quite fascinating, but I have not found it at all useful in practice.

I would say it is just as much a book about witchcraft, not to use the word in any pejorative sense, but merely as a descriptive term.

The author counsels us on how to achieve astral projection through meditation. I have never associated meditation with astral projection, not at all, and have not been able to succeed in achieving the latter consciously, though I have tried. And since the author’
Eldrid Lokson
Aug 28, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: pagan
I thought this was really in depth 101 introduction to astral travelling. I enjoyed reading this book as it wasn't as dry as some I've read. The author kept writing about their own experiences, something I really enjoy in any pagan or new age book. The meditations were well thought out and in depth. There are a few of them, to meet various people and to go to certain places. Very interesting book, if you're inclined on the subject.
Mitzi
Oct 19, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: paranormal
This book isn't much on "hows" but where & whats. Astral projection/out of body, not really sure if you can really do it. Is it all a dream or real?
Brandon Harwood
May 23, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: meditation
I love reading about astral projection. A pinch of rigorous meditation and a whole hell of a lot of sci-fi/fantasy. Not for most people, though.
S. W.
Jul 02, 2011 rated it it was amazing
This is a powerful tool for visualization, if not astral projection!
Josiphine
Hard for me to understand
Meghan
Jul 27, 2011 added it
The book was okay. It didn't really spark my interest in the subject, and the explanations seemed too picture perfect. I definitely would seek another source to truly understand astral projection.
Noni
Apr 29, 2011
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • Summoning Spirits: The Art of Magical Evocation
  • Instant Magick: Ancient Wisdom, Modern Spellcraft
  • The Spirit Book: The Encyclopedia of Clairvoyance, Channeling, and Spirit Communication
  • Satan Is The New Cupid
  • Your Book Of Shadows: How to Write Your Own Magickal Spells
  • The Element Encyclopedia of Witchcraft
  • Mansions of the Moon for the Green Witch: A Complete Book of Lunar Magic
  • The God of the Witches
  • Magical Use of Thought Forms: A Proven System of Mental & Spiritual Empowerment
  • Element Encyclopedia of the Psychic World
A native of the Pacific Northwest, author D.J. Conway has studied the occult fields for over 35 years. Her quest for knowledge has covered every aspect of Paganism and Wicca to New Age and Eastern philosophies; plus history, the magical arts, philosophy, customs, mythologies and folklore. In 1998, she was voted Best Wiccan and New Age author by Silver Chalice, a Pagan magazine.

She lives a rather