Start by marking “Guatimozín. Último emperador de México” as Want to Read:
Guatimozín. Último emperador de México

Guatimozín. Último emperador de México

4.2  ·  Rating details ·  5 Ratings  ·  3 Reviews
Guatimozín. Último emperador Mexicano es una novela ambientada en la época de la Conquista. La Avellaneda consigue reflejar las aspiraciones nacionales de la Cuba del siglo XIX a través de un relato épico.
Published January 1st 2014 by Linkgua (first published 1846)

To ask other readers questions about Guatimozín. Último emperador de México, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Guatimozín. Último emperador de México

Dusty
Mar 15, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2012
Update (11/17/2015): I have just finished rereading this book and drafting the dissertation chapter I was planning when I read it the first time, three years ago. These days, I'm more interested in how Avellaneda, the Cuban belle of the Spanish court, used the novel to repudiate the acts of violence her compatriots were facing under the colonial government in Cuba. However, I still agree with the words I wrote back in 2012: Guatimozin is indeed "clunky but fascinating."

Original Review (11/2012):
Grace
Dec 29, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Woah. What a book. I am reading this for my thesis, so I read this novel very carefully, and slowly, and it took me quite a bit of patience. It is a long book, almost 400 pages, so it takes dedication. Having said that, Gómez de Avellaneda was a true writer. She does a great job making people come alive while also telling the story. Having read her novel Sab, I was a little familiar with her style. This novel was different because it is historical fiction. There are lots of details, almost too m ...more
Alvin
Sep 19, 2008 rated it liked it
Not one of Gomez de Avellaneda's best efforts, but the work presents an interesting take on the history of the conquest and follows closely the author's concerns regarding freedom, marginalization of a people, and the effects of the conquest.
Mochi
Jul 22, 2017
Alejandro Pedraza
is currently reading it
Aug 03, 2017
Gertrudis Gómez de Avellaneda y Arteaga (pen name La Peregrina) came from a noble background; her father, Manuel Gómez de Avellaneda, was a descendent of the royal family of Navarre and aristocracy of Vizcaya of Spain, and also a commander of the Spanish navy in charge of the central regions of Cuba. Her mother, Francisca de Arteaga y Betancourt, was also from a wealthy Spanish family that had liv ...more
More about Gertrudis Gómez de Avellaneda...