Start by marking “Bad Turn (Charlie Fox, #13)” as Want to Read:
Bad Turn  (Charlie Fox, #13)

Bad Turn

(Charlie Fox #13)

Charlie has quit her job in close protection, been turned out of her apartment, and is apparently out of options. Why else would she be working for a shady arms dealer?

House-sitting in rural New Jersey has to be the pits—TV and TV dinners. A far cry from Iraq... Bulgaria... Afghanistan. Unlucky or not, she happens to be around at the right time to foil a violent kidnap att
Kindle Edition
Expected publication: September 27th 2019 by ZACE Ltd

To ask other readers questions about Bad Turn, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bad Turn

Maureen Carden
In Bad Turn (Charlie Fox # 13) close protection specialist Charlie Fox has found herself without a job, a home; but with a non-compete clause and a good chance of deportation all because she resigned from her job with Armstrong -Meyer. Parker Armstrong did not take too well to Charlie quitting and the other partner, Sean Meyer has disappeared completely.
Oh yeah, Charlie lost her firearms license too; which would have come in handy when she drove up on an attempted kidnapping in the wilds of New
RachelW (BamaGal)
Jul 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is the Charlie Fox I like. Working for herself (well, under a bit of duress) and not in the convoluted entanglements of working for Parker. And as much as I liked Sean and Charlie together, their relationship the last few books had been been too full of suspicion and drama. Charlie is on her own again, kicking butt and doing it under her own rules. That’s just the way I like it. Nice twist at the end. I had completely forgotten and wasn’t expecting it. I’m hopeful that Charlie is finally fr ...more
Woman Reading
Charlie Fox is absolutely my favorite female protagonist! I was so pleased and privileged to receive this ARC provided by the talented Zoe Sharp.

Bad Turn is written as a standalone thriller, even though this is the 13th novel. This page-turner starts with Charlie in less than fortunate circumstances (no job, no home, and no weapons), which are then further complicated by the return of a shadowy and powerful character from Third Strike (book #7). As Charlie ruminates -
“ You know what they say -
The Cats Mother
I feel very privileged to have received an ARC direct from the author, as this is my absolute favourite series, bar none, and this latest instalment reminds me exactly why. It is the thirteenth book in the Charlie Fox series, and there's also a prequel novella and some short stories. I've read them all and highly recommend starting at the beginning to get her full story; having said that, if you dive straight into this one there is enough backstory to get by.

Bad Turn is set a few months after th
Diane
Aug 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Charlie Fox is back with a vengeance. We've had to wait a couple of years since Fox Hunter, wondering if quitting her job, and accepting that Sean as she knew him has gone, would mean the end of our adventures together and author Zoe Sharp would be exploring new characters. But Charlie is here in full kick-ass mode, in another winning chapter. The full-throttle (Fireblade?) adventure never lets up its pace, the setting is well-realized (more than I ever wanted to know about guns), and the comple ...more
K, Nz
Jul 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Advance Reader Copy and this is an honest review.

Loved it, the story flowed at breakneck speed, not that I wanted to take a break from it.
Trademark twists and turns, and clever turns of phrase, Charlie still has heart and principles in spite of sometimes awful odds.

SO good to be able to read this instalment in the series, that meets the need I have for a well-written story. There's a reason why Zoë Sharp is my favourite author.

As per usual I want to know what happens next.....
Judith Baxter
Jul 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
was so excited to receive my ARC copy of Zoe Sharp’s latest book. Bad Turn is book 13 in the Charlie Fox series. Yes, thirteen!

At the end of the last book Charlie gave notice to her Boss Parker Armstrong and as a consequence has no job, nowhere to live and because of a non-competition clause in her contract with Armstrong Meyer, she can’t get another job in close protection in the US. So we find her house sitting in rural New Jersey, bored with this dull life so different to what she is used to
Karmen
Aug 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fiction
An absolute page-turner. I received an advanced reader copy of this book and was immediately pulled into the story. Bad Turn is a pacy thriller with intriguing characters and quite a few twists.

Charlie Fox, a woman of many talents, finds herself in a tricky situation. While guarding the wife of a wealthy arms-dealer, she needs to both figure out who she's actually spying on and who she can trust. Things get even more complicated once people from her past start catching up.

I found myself unable t
Elizabeth Robinson
Aug 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
(I received an advanced reader's copy of this book from the author in exchange for an honest review. THANK YOU, Zoe!!)
Charlie Fox is back! This was a thrilling read from the first chapter to the last sentence. Charlie is hired to be a bodyguard for an arms dealer's wife, but is given a secret assignment as well. A character from a previous book is back, for better or for worse, and we are introduced to many new ones, all well-drawn and believably motivated. The action (and there is plenty of it!
Jenni
Aug 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I have read and loved every novel in this series, and this one did not disappoint. Charlie Fox's life appears to have taken a turn for the worse when she comes upon an attempted kidnap scene and uses the tools at hand to rescue the victim. The ups and downs of her life are in sharp focus as she embarks on her next assignment. If you've followed the series, the reader has already seen leaps and bounds of growth in Charlie, and yet, she still has room to grow.

Zoe Sharp's writing is crisp, packed
Any Length
Aug 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow, another page turner by Zoe Sharp giving us the newest instalment on Charlie Fox's adventures in the close protection detail business - oh, let's call a spade a spade -she is a body guard. And a damn good one.
Charlie happens upon a kidnapping attempt and comes to the rescue. Who would blame her? She does what comes naturally. She body guards. Anyway, Charlie ends up as close protection detail of Helena Kincaid, wife of an arms dealer and daughter of an even bigger fish in the arms dealing s
Drystonewaller
Aug 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
At last...my diet of so-so books is over and I can feast once more upon a thoroughly satisfying and fulfilling Charlie Fox book! The only issue I had was life getting in the way of wanting to just immerse myself in the world Zoe Sharp creates so vividly.
For years I have searched for the kind of female lead that didn't trip over her skirts in a crucial moment and need to be rescued by a bloke! Then Charlie Fox came along...the kind of alter ego, protagonist...a female character to look up to that
K.D. Kinchen
Bad Turn - Review

Zoë Sharp has done it again and turned out another stonking-good read. I absolutely loved Bad Turn. I raced through it in a little over 24 hrs because I simply could not put it down. I had to know what happened after every chapter ending and I was reading well into the night – there goes my beauty sleep, thanks Zoë!
If you looked up “Page-turner” in the dictionary I would not be at all surprised to see a picture of the front cover of Bad Turn in lieu of a definition.
If you like t
Sue
Jul 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
I would like to thank Zoe Sharp for the ARC of Bad Turn. The book was an easy and fast read. I downloaded the book Friday evening and had finished it by mid morning Saturday. Reading the description I knew there had to be more to the storyline for Charlie to go to work for an arms dealer and was not disappointed. I enjoyed the story and the introduction of new characters of Eric and Helena Kincaid and Mo Heedles. ( I would love to see Mo show up in future books!) Considering that Helena was the ...more
Hermann.Sch.
Aug 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I came across my first Zoë Sharp/Charlie Fox novel (Hard Knocks, #3) several years ago in the lost-and-left-behind-books library of my holiday hotel in Italy and have been addicted ever since. All twelve novels, a handful of short stories and the prequel to the series are absolutely great stuff and I highly recommend them to anyone who likes high velocity thrillers.
Charlie Fox is witty, lethal - and female. She’s back, and that’s good.
Her new adventure “Bad Turn”, the 13th of author Zoë Sharp’s
Grace Koshida
Aug 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
Charlie Fox has quit her job with Armstrong-Meyer. As a result, she is being turfed out of her New York apartment and because of a non-compete clause, she cannot do any close protection work in the US for a year. So Charlie ends up house-sitting for a couple in rural New Jersey until she happens to foil a violent kidnap attempt on Helena, the wife of billionaire arms dealer Eric Kincaid. Kincaid offers Charlie a job as Helena's bodyguard and she agrees. But when the threats against the Kincaids ...more
Lorna
Aug 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I received an advanced copy of this book to prereview and potentially pick up any mistakes. Not much chance of that as I devoured it whole. I love this series of books and have been subscribed to the authors newsletter awaiting each new instalment.
This book did not disappoint. The story, I don’t want to get into, I think it is better to watch it unfold and let the twists and turns take you. It’s another chapter in the life of a character that I enjoy watching develop, she stays true to the path
pshumes
Aug 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Zoe Sharp and Charlie Fox never disappoint. If you want a fast action, intriguing story this book is the one to pick up. But be prepared, you are not going to want to put it down. The characters are very real and I enjoy the addition of new and strong supporting characters, such as Mo. I have enjoyed this series since ‘discovering’ it many years ago before the books were easily available in the US. In fact, I had my sister purchase the newest releases in Great Britain and bring them to me when s ...more
BerkeleyHapa
Aug 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was excited to receive an ARC of this latest Charlie Fox novel as she is one of my favorite characters. While she has become an expert at both self-defense and tactical protection, she worries that the level of violence in her life may be stripping away her soul. Charlie is at a crossroads in her life; still mourning her lost relationship, she has quit her job over trust issues. Although she wants to get out of close protection work, she accepts a position for the wife of an arms dealer withou ...more
Anne
Aug 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: thriller
One of my favorite authors is Zoe Sharp and, if you haven’t had the pleasure of meeting her kick-butt character Charlotte “Charlie” Fox, you are in for a treat. In Bad Turn, her 13th outing, Charlie has quit her highly effective job in close protection with the Armstong-Meyer Agency following a dangerous assignment in the Middle East (Fox Hunter, 2017). At loose ends, Charlie is house sitting in western New Jersey when she rescues Helena Kincaid, the wife of an arms dealer, from a violent kidnap ...more
Cathy Holgate
Aug 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I have read all the books by zoe sharp I could find, she is defiantly my favourite author. When I read her books I get completely lost in the story, always a sign of a really good writer for me.
Bad Turn is the latest book about Charlie Fox, who is a completely engaging character. Her world is always full of action, interesting characters (I really like Mo in this one!), and plot twists. Charlie is very capable, well trained and independent but also has great humour, vulnerabilities and immense
Jodi Pratt
Aug 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another extremely satisfying, intricate, action-packed story, including threads that keep Charlie connected to her past. Even when the alliances among unscrupulous players dissolve and reform several times, Charlie's professional commitment to her principal does not waver, sometimes challenging her personal ethics. Author Sharp allows Charlie to grow; in Bad Turn, she is learning the hard lessons from what she views as past mistakes, especially now that her future is no longer clear.

If you haven
Kevin Reade
Aug 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I have read this book as I was lucky enough to get an ARC from the author Zoe Sharp. I have been reading her books ever since I picked one up in a bookstore on a whim and have read all of her books since, which is a testament to the authors writing. In this new book - Bad Turn - Charlie, the main character, gets thrown into another adventure in her occupation as a bodyguard and shows everyone that she knows her job and is very good at it. The book is a page turner, skilfully written to easily pi ...more
Jami
Jan
Aug 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
“Bad Turn” by Zoë Sharp takes you on a fast paced ride down the back roads of America and western Europe with Charlie Fox, in a high-stakes protection job where nothing is as it seems. Lots of plot twists that keep you turning the pages and guessing who the bad guys are and how she is going to survive. Charlie not only can multi-task but she can singularly take down the bad guys with wit, skill and a laser focus that gets the job done.
Get your self a drink (tea perhaps) and something to eat. Yo
Amanda Vogt
Aug 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC of this book and was so thrilled to have Charlie Fox, my favorite female protagonist, back. And Charlie is all grown up! She’s world-weary, disillusioned and ready to impose her will on the baddies. Charlie Fox is at her best in this #13 in the series. She has shaken off the men who held her back and caused her to doubt herself. She’s fully aware of her capabilities as a close protection specialist and no one is more deadly. Yet she’s principled and loyal to her client.
The twis
Suzie
Aug 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was lucky enough to receive an advanced copy of Bad Turn and can honestly say that I loved it so much I read it twice!

Zoe Sharp's heroine, Charlie Fox, remains my absolute all time favourite. In Bad Turn she's as feisty, world-weary and resilient as ever. It's a great story and I love that it takes place in Europe and the US. Also enjoyed the brief, and possibly inevitable, dalliance with Parker.

In a nutshell Charlie Fox and Zoe Sharp rock!
B
Aug 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Charlie finds herself in the deep end once again. After being forced to take an assignment she didn't want, Charlie is stuck in the middle of a fight between a reluctant gunrunner and some clients that just won't take no for an answer. And on top of that she doesn't know who's really friend or foe.

Lots of action and the twists that we've come to expect in Charlie Fox's world. 4 1/2 stars.

Shari Bottego
Aug 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Charlie Fox is back! I was hooked by the second page! The book is full of twists and turns that you never see coming. I was blown away from the big reveal at the end. You won’t be able to put the book down. It is that good!
Carien
Aug 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
As usual, I was totally swept up in the story and didn't come up for air until the last page. Charlie is such a wonderful character and I have there with her since the first book was released!

Carien Nel
Zoë Sharp spent most of her formative years living aboard a catamaran on the northwest coast of England. She opted out of mainstream education at the age of twelve and wrote her first novel at fifteen. She became a freelance photojournalist in 1988 and started writing her Charlie Fox crime thriller series after receiving death-threats in the course of her work.

Charlie Fox (1 - 10 of 14 books)
  • Trial Under Fire (Charlie Fox, #0)
  • Killer Instinct (Charlie Fox, #1)
  • Riot Act (Charlie Fox, #2)
  • Hard Knocks (Charlie Fox #3)
  • First Drop (Charlie Fox, #4)
  • Road Kill (Charlie Fox, #5)
  • Second Shot (Charlie Fox, #6)
  • Third Strike (Charlie Fox, #7)
  • Fourth Day (Charlie Fox, #8)
  • Fifth Victim (Charlie Fox, #9)