Start by marking “A Divine Revelation of Heaven” as Want to Read:

4.27  ·  Rating details ·  533 Ratings  ·  44 Reviews
After thirty nights of experiencing the depths of hell, Mary Baxter was shown the realms of heaven. Included are her descriptions of the order of heaven, what happens to children, and the throne of God. These breathtaking glimpses of heaven will turn your heart toward the beauty and joy that await every believer in Christ.
Published July 1st 1998 by Whitaker Distribution (first published June 30th 1998)

To ask other readers questions about A Divine Revelation of Heaven, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Divine Revelation of Heaven

Nov 15, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Divine Revelation of Heaven reminded me of John's account in the book of Revelation where he is sent to an island in a dream, there he began to see visions of God and the coming of the end of the world. Mary Baxter talks about her experience of Heaven and how she hears children laughing and singing. She paints a vivid picture of what she sees in heaven. This made me as a reader feel as if I were there and that the presence of God was so tangible. She described every detailed from the tears of th ...more
Maranda Burkett
Dec 23, 2007 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Anyone who wonders if there really is a heaven
This book is the 2nd book after "A Divine Revelation of Hell" - have to read this book after you read the hell book, it makes you feel a lot better after you read the book about hell.
Tiffany Spencer
Feb 13, 2016 rated it it was ok
A Divine Revelation of Heaven
PLOT: In essence, the plot is about Mary Baxter getting called from Jesus to go on a 30-day tour of hell (different book) and a 10-day tour of Heaven. (HMM)

*On one hand, this book depicts the most beautiful imagery of Heaven. It's just like something right out of a dream. We get this painted picture of exquisite marble mansions, pearl gates, constant praises filling the air like music, and the sounds of beautiful instrumental melodies being play
Jennifer Defoy
Dec 03, 2008 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2006-reads
I had heard about this book from a co-worker, and at the time I was on a bit of a religious kick. So I got the book and I was amazed. I don't think it took me very long at all to read. I remember reading it thinking of the mysteries of God and how life works. Mary Baxter didn't ask to be shown these things, and the strain that it put on her life had to be great.

Now I have read reviews where they think that Mrs. Baxter is a liar and that she made this all up but I think that it's almost to crazy
Pagika Benjamin
Feb 25, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Indeed
Recommended to Pagika by: No one
I own a copy of this book, however, I tend to write notes in my books, so I wouldn't recommend that you read mine.

Anyway, LOVED this book. Currently it's in my sister's possession, otherwise I'd be referring to it every now and again. Every heavenly experience in this book is backed up by scripture. The visions are remarkable and TRUE. I dare you not to close each chapter without a wearing a goofy grin.
Jean Pierre
Jul 07, 2009 rated it really liked it
Wonderfully written. Like her other story A divine revelation of hell it coincides with a similar account of someone else who has been to heaven which lends some credibility to her account. I could not put this done as the description of heaven and the ministry of angels was so awe-inspiring that I could not help but smile. All you saints who have accepted Christ Rejoice for if she is right we have a grand home to return to.
Oct 10, 2007 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: EVERYONE
Shelves: favourite
A very good book !!
This book has connection with book with title "HEAVEN is so real" by Choo Thomas.
It prove that Heaven is really so real.
Because Lord JESUS HIMSELF show HIS children about heaven and want them to testify to the world.
HE wants all human to come to heaven and no one will perish. So, if you know that you will go to heaven, you must life obedient , faithful and true. The most important thing is to accept Jesus Christ as your savior.
Mar 02, 2008 rated it liked it
Knowing I have loved ones in Heaven. I decided to study more about Heaven......The best source of course is the Bible.....But I wanted some more material about Heaven. This book was interesting and got me thinking.
Erica Rios
Jul 26, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: everyone
This book will bring joy to your heart. The author was also shown parts of Heaven...this is the one who was shown parts of Hell also. The way she describes the things she sees will truley put a smile on your face. Must read.
May 07, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: those curious about heaven and or hell
Mary Baxter's documentations of heaven and hell are very insightful and beautiful to those searching for information about these places. Her book is a classic.
Mar 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Expansion on her visit to Hell, she also was given a look into Heaven. Has Biblical references throughout. Loved this book. Personal experiences of my own to compare to hers. Wonderful!
Irene Scallon
Oct 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
After having read Revelations from Hell---I really needed to read about heaven.
Lydia Thornton
Aug 11, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Very Good book highly recommend it, its heart lifting brings you close to the savior and flings you into heaven its real reading and a real witness to the afterlife.
Tanya Brownley
Good book, I got to see Mrs Baxter in person after reading her book.
Feb 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Aprendí sobre el cielo, la sangre de Jesús, Los Ángeles, lo que más me impactó es lo qué pasa en el cielo con nuestras lágrimas, como son llevadas a Dios.
Feb 10, 2008 rated it it was ok
Shelves: religious
Book review:fter thirty nights of experiencing the depths of hell, Mary Baxter was shown the realms of heaven. Included are her descriptions of the order of heaven, what happens to children, and the throne of God. These breathtaking glimpses of heaven will turn your heart toward the beauty and joy that await every believer in Christ.

What I thought: I totally believe and accept what she experienced and believes ... my only fault with the writing and why I only gave it two stars was it became ver
Sep 20, 2013 rated it really liked it
It's hard to rate it. How can you rate the divine? Don't forget about Satan!! In terms of writing skill...I wanted more....but once again; the experience is divine. In terms of the logistics of Heaven I learned more than the experience of heaven. That is set against my learning of her experience of Hell in her other book.

In terms of believe-ability; one must choose to believe at all. Its what we do with the information once we believe which makes the difference.

I recommend the book.
Traci Jones
Aug 17, 2009 rated it really liked it
I am always on a quest looking for good books on heaven and hell. Mary Baxter is one of the best so far! Her heaven experience was so refreshing. I do my research on the authors who claim to have experienced heaven or hell and she is backed by Marilyn Hickey of Denver Colorado and Pastor Yung E Cho who has the worlds largest church in Korea.
Linda  Van Wert
Apr 14, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Apr 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Read her books Divine Revelation of Heaven, Hell and the Spirit Realm. If you understand deliverance, prophecy and demonic oppression this book will be a blessing. Her testimony is so powerful in her books it was hard for me not to be impacted. It gave me the desire to fire up my prayer life and get into my bible alot more. A must read!
May 22, 2015 rated it liked it
Overall I enjoyed reading about the details of heaven. This is definitely refreshing to imagine after reading her book about Hell. I did feel she repeated herself unnecessarily throughout the book which made it longer than it needed to be. I understand that she's pleading for unbelievers to be saved but it was redundant for a beloved and I found myself skipping a lot.
Steve Dustcircle
Dec 28, 2013 rated it did not like it
Ridiculous and silly. Nothing remotely realistic in this piece of fiction but Baxter's insanity. How anyone can take these writing seriously seriously scares me on a deep level, considering Heaven didn't historically exist in the Jewish philosophies until about 200 BCE.
Bernard Bentley
Mar 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Everybody wants to go do heaven but nobody wants to die. The truth is regarding death we have no choice. It is great to see what awaits us on the other side for those who serve God and have joy regarding his imminent return.
M. E.
Jan 17, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: inspirational
After reading A Divine Revelation of Hell this book is like water to cool you off. It gives you hope that there is more after the death and it could be wonderful if you live your life right. It was a beautiful journey through what the author says was her trip to heaven.
Joanna Alicea
Aug 21, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is amazing. I read it like 3 times and every time God show me something different. I recommended.
Anna Carolina
Sep 19, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Aug 28, 2012 rated it liked it
I have read half of the book; I drifted in & out...
Can't seem to finish it ..
Kari Costa
Mar 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very informative and loaded with details.
Andrea Pal
Very good read, with an open mind. The bad thing was it was too easy to read...went really fast...
I thought this book was okay. I didn't feel any great awakening taking place. It wasn't in my opinion written very well, almost juevenile.
Divine Revelation of Heaven? Hell? Of rehashed DOGFUCKINGSHIT!!! 1 4 Apr 16, 2012 12:48AM
  • Exposing Satan's Playbook: The Secrets and Strategies Satan Hopes You Never Discover
  • Journal of the Unknown Prophet: A Visitation of Jesus Christ
  • They Shall Expel Demons: What You Need to Know about Demons—Your Invisible Enemies
  • Visions Beyond the Veil: Visions of Heaven, Angels, Satan, Hell, and the End of the Age
  • Divine Healing: A Scriptural Approach to Sickness, Faith and Healing
  • Surviving in an Angry World: Finding Your Way to Personal Peace
  • The Anointing
  • One Buddha is Not Enough: A Story of Collective Awakening
  • Be Exultant (Psalms 90-150): Praising God for His Mighty Works
  • If Not for the Grace of God: Learning to Live Independent of Frustrations and Struggles
  • Dropping Your Guard