Start by marking “Suspect in High Heels (High Heels Mysteries Book 10)” as Want to Read:
Suspect in High Heels (High Heels Mysteries Book 10)

Suspect in High Heels

(High Heels #10)

#1 Amazon, New York Times & USA Today Bestselling series!
Death at an antiques show has this fashion designer turned amateur sleuth on the case again...

When Maddie Springer—shoe designer turned amateur sleuth—tags along with her mother to the Antiques Extravaganza road show, the last thing she expects to have to do is pull her mom off of a celebrity appraiser after he calls her prized antique hat
Published October 1st 2019 by Gemma Halliday Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Suspect in High Heels, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Suspect in High Heels

Start your review of Suspect in High Heels (High Heels Mysteries Book 10)
Karen (BaronessBookTrove)
Nov 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
I voluntarily reviewed an Advance Reader Copy from the Great Escapes Book Tours. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.Suspect in High Heels by Gemma Halliday is a fast-paced, hilarious whodunit. The mystery unravels with Maddie and Dana doing the funniest things to get to the truth.
An antique hatpin and Maddie's mom are wrapped up in a murder? Will Maddie figure it out before the murderer strikes again?
Maddie Springer
Maddie is our sleuth. She tries to hide her investigation from hereview.Suspect
Sandy Bartles
Sep 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Maddie Springer is up in arms when her mom is accused of killing an antiques dealer appraiser who called her antique hat pin junk. Everything is fun when Maddie and her friends are around. Not to mention her beautiful twin toddlers. I got warm fuzzies each and every time the twins were around. This is a terrific book and fabulous series.

I voluntarily reviewed an Advanced Reader Copy of this book.
Debi Paglia
Oct 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book. First one I have read in this series, but will definitely go back and read them all. The protagonist is a working mom with a police officer husband, who live in LA. When her mom becomes a suspect in a murder investigation, she attempts to help discover who the real murderer is. She’s a strong woman who cares deeply for her family and friends. This book contains humor, drama and intrigue.
Julesy
Sep 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The fun with Maddie continues!

Just when I thought this series came to a close, I was pleasantly surprised to see that Maddie's adventures continues! Maddie attends an Antiques Roadshow-like event with her mom to get some items appraised. Little did they know that the expert appraiser would be so rude and callous ... and later end up dead, with Maddie's mom as the prime suspect. Of course, Maddie must clear her mom's name.

It was fun to revisit with Maddie, Ramirez and Dana. The twins are growin
Nurse Lisa In Ohio (PRN Book Reviews)
Super fun to join Maddie again!
Nina Silva
Sep 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
The mystery we must solve along with Maddie is who killed antiques appraiser Carrington. With husband, Jack, off the case and her mom on the hook, Maddie is going to pull out all the stops to get to the real culprit. I think we get quite a few viable suspects cropping up and the motives are varied. I love how one of the suspects leads us back to a series regular who always find himself in the story. There is also a secondary conundrum about if/ how Carrington was running a scam. This makes the n ...more
Kara Rutledge
Oct 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
One of my favorite cozy mystery book series is Gemma Halliday's High Heels Mysteries. It originally caught my eye from an email I received from BookBub.com. The first five books could be bought in a bundle for the amount of 99 cents, and the synopsis included a description of the main character being a fashion designer for shoes. After reading the first book in the series, Spying in High Heels (High Heels Mysteries, #1) , I was hooked. When I heard that the latest edition, Suspect in High Heels (High Heels ...more
Kathleen
Oct 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-2019
“Suspect in High Heels” earns 5/5 Murderous Heirlooms...Engaging Fun!

Entertaining in High Heels! Gemma Halliday’s tenth cozy in her High Heels Mystery is another entertaining adventure following the traditional cozy formula that I love. She starts right off with the conflict and murder implicating a “close to home” person, then delving into the various alternative suspects and motives. Maddie tags along with her mother to the Antiques Extravaganza show with a vintage pair of Chanel t
Sherry Lynn
Nov 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Too good to put down! Good thing I picked this one up on a long weeekend!

I cannot believe that I have not discovered this series before now.

For me and I hope for author Gemma Holiday that is what makes book tours and promo's important. I am so glad this book is touring with Great Escapes. Honestly I am not sure I would have found it otherwise and I am glad did.

Except that Suspect In High Heels is book 10 in the series and now I want to read all the rest!
Hello Santa. ...more
Diane Hernandez
Nov 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Suspect in High Heels is the tenth book in the High Heels cozy mystery series.

Maddie is a shoe designer, mom of two-year-old twins, and wife of a police detective. However, she makes time to visit the set of Antiques Extravaganza with her mother, Betty, and her mother’s best friend. While there, Betty is told that her antique hatpin is worthless. Infuriated, Betty lashes out at the appraiser, Peter Carrington. Unfortunately, Peter is soon found dead by hatpin and Betty is the obvious suspect. W
Mary
Nov 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Gemma Halliday continues to bring the humor in book 10 of the High Heels Mysteries. You will find yourself laughing out loud at some of the antics taking place in Suspect in High Heels.

The characters are well developed and each brings their personality to the story. In addition to the healthy dose of humor, there is just a touch of romance. Nothing too overt, but enough to make the story quite interesting.

Suspect In High Heels finds Maddie and her mother attending an Antique Roadshow. After be
Nov 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Grab your best friend and settle in to enjoy this behind the scenes look at our favorite treasure hunting television shows. Maddie Springer is truly juggling life between her job as a designer, her tougher job as the mother of twins and spouse to a detective, and not neglecting her extended family and social life. Mixing romance and mystery, murder, lies and secrets, this fast paced novel will keep you on your toes. Maddie's mother is in the wrong place and becomes a top suspect when she is the ...more
Barbara Hackel
Oct 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Maddie is back, and having two year old twins doesn't slow her down much at all. She still is on the go-with Dana, with Marcus, with her mom, with the murder investigation... Oops. Did I say murder? Yes, a funny thing about Maddie. Murder seems to find her no matter who she is with or where she goes. I mean really, at an Antique show? And when it's her mom in the cross-hairs, she and her side-kick Dana, go into top sleuthing mode. The result is a great book-funny, serious, and a little too close ...more
Suzan
Sep 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: onmykindle
Oh my gosh, TEN STARS for Gemma Halliday and Suspect in High Heels! I absolutely love this book. This is my first Maddie Springer cozy mystery and I will definitely be backing up to read ALL the others. Still, I had no problem enjoying this charming cozy from an author who never disappoints. There are laugh out loud moments, charming characters, an excellently plotted mystery, and an overall purely entertaining read. This book contains the perfect mix of all the ingredients I look for in a cozy ...more
Carole Craddock
Oct 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
My very first cozy mystery was Spying in High Heels, the first in the High Heels Mysteries, and not only was I hooked on the series, it started a longtime love for cozy mysteries in general! I followed Maddie through each book hoping another would soon be released, and was delighted when this new book was announced! I found myself once again following the characters of this wonderful series, feeling like another friend of Maddie and Dana, and in the middle of another interesting murder investiga ...more
Bernadette Cinkoske
Aug 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Maddie Springer is back in Suspect in High Heels, another great mystery in this long running series. Events go from bad to worse when an appraiser tells Maddie's mom that her family heirloom hat pin is a phony, Mom attacks the appraiser and a short while later the appraiser has been murdered - with the hat pin! With the usual sparkling cast of characters, too many clues and too many suspects, will Maddie survive long enough to prove her mom is innocent? I can never stop once I start reading a Hi ...more
Marcia-Lee Finocchio
Oct 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Maddie and Dana’s adventures

Another entertaining story about the trouble Maddie always seems to get into. This time Maddie’s mother is accused of murder, and of course she must do some investigating to find the real killer! Love of the characters, humor and storyline in all books in this series! ♥❤♥❤
Marissa Broadus
Oct 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Maddie and her lovable family and friends are back. I really thought the author was finished with the series and was soo excited to see another one be released. Maddie is one of my favorite characters. This is another fun mystery where maddie's mom is the prime suspect in a murder. This book has antiques, fashion, murder and lots of laughs. What more could you want!
Rosie
Nov 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this read thoroughly. I've read the previous books and I wasn't sure how the author could find another storyline. However, Ms. Halliday did not disappoint. It's very good. Love Maddie and Ramirez, they are the absolute power couple, shoes, kids, and crazy friends/inlaws.
Dee Dee
Oct 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
OMG I loved it.

The ending made me cry little. The characters in this series really make the stories worth reading. They evolve but keep true to their nature. I totally endorse reading this series.
Rebecca Dowd
PAY ATTENTION

If she had paid attention to what was said she would have known there was more than one possible answer. Of course it would have been a very short story. The characters really make this series.
Angela Verdenius
Oct 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Really enjoyed being back in Maddie's world again. Fun, light-hearted, great read.
Ann Keeran
Oct 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Gemma Halliday delivers another thrilling story in her High Heels Mysteries series. A designer of high heels who also dons the cap of sleuth, works to find a killer and prove her mother is innocent.
Kirsten
Aug 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
It's been quite a wait for this newest Maddie book, but this one was just as fun as the others!

In this one, Maddie's mum is the main suspect in a murder investigation. Knowing it's impossible that her mother committed murder, Maddie takes it upon herself to find the real culprit.

Unfortunately, the investigators assigned to the case are useless, and are quite happy with her mum as their suspect, making it even more important for Maddie to figure out what actually happened, and fast.
Wendy Beasley
Oct 07, 2019
Cynthi R Martin
Oct 07, 2019
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Swamp Santa (Miss Fortune Mystery #16)
  • Make Believe Murder (Merry Wrath #12)
  • The Hitwoman and the Fallen Angel (Confessions of a Slightly Neurotic Hitwoman #20)
  • Galliano Gold (Franki Amato Mysteries, #5)
  • Right of Redemption (Savannah Martin Mysteries #18)
  • Cajun Fried Felony (Miss Fortune Mystery #15)
  • Yaqui Delgado Wants to Kick Your Ass
  • Oracles & Obituaries (An Avery Shaw Mystery Book 15)
  • The Rake's Enticing Proposal
  • Sabotage at Willow Woods (Nancy Drew Diaries #5)
  • Meerkats and Murder (Merry Wrath #11)
  • FACTORY GIRL: part 4 of 6
  • The Skeleton Haunts a House (Family Skeleton Mystery, #3)
  • Death of a Bacon Heiress (Hayley Powell Food and Cocktails Mystery #7)
  • Murder Lo Mein (A Noodle Shop Mystery, #3)
  • The Case of the Caramelized Corpse
  • Rewrite the Stars
  • FACTORY GIRL: part 5 of 6
Gemma had a hard time figuring out what she wanted to be when she grew up. She worked as a film and television actress, a teddy bear importer, a department store administrator, a preschool teacher, a temporary tattoo artist, and a 900 number psychic, before finally selling her first book, Spying in High Heels, in 2005 and deciding to be a writer.

Since then, Gemma has written several my

High Heels (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • Spying in High Heels (High Heels, #1)
  • Killer in High Heels (High Heels, #2)
  • Undercover in High Heels (High Heels, #3)
  • Alibi in High Heels (High Heels, #4)
  • Mayhem in High Heels (High Heels, #5)
  • Fearless in High Heels (High Heels, #6)
  • Danger in High Heels (High Heels, #7)
  • Homicide in High Heels (High Heels, #8)
  • Deadly in High Heels (High Heels, #9)
  • High Heels Mysteries (9 Book Series)