Start by marking “In the Name of the Father” as Want to Read:
In the Name of the Father

In the Name of the Father

(Father #1)

I was living a lie. I couldn’t be caught in my deception, or my family and friends would abandon me. But my fears became reality and I was cast away as if I were garbage. Then this man, a stranger, took me home and showed me that love can take on many forms, that I’m not filled with sin or doomed to go to hell because I’m gay. He showed me that I’m not broken. I don’t need ...more
Kindle Edition, First, 200 pages
Published August 30th 2019 by Knight Ever After Publishing

To ask other readers questions about In the Name of the Father, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about In the Name of the Father

Start your review of In the Name of the Father
Barbara➰
Escaping his past, Seth is trying to figure out what is truth and what is lies he’s been told about what it really means to be gay. Malcolm is just living day to day. Having lost his boy, he decides he doesn’t want to be a daddy again. But something about Seth calls to him like no other and maybe he’s not ready to give it all up. Seth doesn’t know what being a boy is or what having a daddy means but these two learn together and begin to heal each other.

Seth’s past is horrible. It’s really sad
Dia
3,5 stars

My first book by this author, but I enjoyed this one. It wasn't too angsty, it kept my interest. Daddy/boy isn't one of my favorite tropes but here it worked. It was a little predictable, but overall I enjoyed it.
~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
~3.5~

I liked this book despite myself. I'm not always into Daddy/boy romances, but I couldn't help but fall a little in love with Seth and Malcolm.

Seth was raised in a religious cult before finally escaping. When Malcolm meets him at a gay bar, Seth's been working part-time, making minimum wage, and living in a sleazy motel.

Malcolm is a successful vineyard owner and a former Daddy to a boy who passed away. Malcolm swore he'd never love like that again, but the moment he meets Seth, he feels a
~Volha~
Sep 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: contemporary
This was not a typical romance - man meets another man, and they fall in love. This book covered a range of topics that made it hard to read sometimes. Seth, a young man who was at the right time in the right place, meets Malcolm, a mature successful businessman, who shows him that all is not black and white and helps him shed the lies that were instilled in him since childhood.

Seth is really resilient. He survived mental and physical torture at the hands of zealots who call themselves men of
Chris
Sep 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: lgbtq, erotica
This was a sweet, warm heartfelt story. Loved how Malcolm took care of Seth ... glad for their peace & joy
Katrina Passick Lumsden
Oh, the sap

This is just way waaaaayyyyy too sappy. It's fairly competently written, but the dialogue is unrealistic and...SAPPY. I don't mind some corny lines here and there, but this kinda reads like a melodramatic soap opera. Seth's ability to relay and process his trauma was also conveniently simplistic.
Susan
Sep 13, 2019 marked it as dnf
DNF at 51%

I'm just not feeling it. :(
~nikki the recovering book addict
Not bad...

Been reading a lot of daddy kink lately and this one wasn’t bad. I just find that the writing is a bit...awkward? I don’t know.... it just didn’t seem to flow naturally. The conversations sounded a bit stilted but it might just be me?

Anyhow, there’s a sequel! But it’s so many months away still but just to recap, I like how innocent Seth is. Even after all he’s been through, he still manages to hold on to his innocence. I like that about Seth. Malcolm though...I know the author tried
Mimi
Sep 20, 2019 rated it really liked it

I just wanted to hold Seth in my arms and smooth all the ruff edges. Also him father would end up where no one would find his body.

Morticia has shown us some of the evil that is in this world and I'm glad that I read this book.

Now, Malcolm was just fine as a character for me in the beginning BEFORE their dynamic changed. I like him as a person because he was so enraged and truly mystified that someone as sweet as Seth could have so much evil done to him. Then when their situation
Deb Swietek
Aug 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book drew my in from the first few pages and wouldn't let me go. A Dom in mourning, not looking for the boy he so desperately needs; an abused, sheltered boy in need of someone to care about him. This is a match made in heaven. You will love this book. There is abuse in the past, an ultra-religious cult, self-doubt, an awakening of feelings long buried, and burgeoning love.
This is Malcolm and Seth's story. Malcolm is a caretaker, a Daddy. Seth calls to something deep inside him. Almost
Denise H.
Well told tale of a lonely Malcolm, who lost his husband ten years ago, and finds a lost soul.

Tenderhearted Seth is adrift in the world after escaping his horrendous childhood. After his hateful father and the evil doers had tortured and belittled him for years and years, in the false name of God, Seth has freedom, but is unprepared for life. God is love, not hate.
Seth is a 23 yr. old man who wants to be loved. Older Malcolm, a businessman, has a wealth of information to give, and love, too.
Claudia
Malcolm isn't looking for a new boy... but fate has different plans when Seth is literally dropped on Malcolm's lap... he simply can't ignore the clearly lost and in nerf if guidance boy that shows up at the bar Malcolm is... he certainly can't ignore Seth when he's being accosted...
Seth is all Malcolm thought he wouldn't ever find again...
They met by chance, but need to work together to build a relationship, to trust each other and their feelings.
A really sweet book and hot! loved it
Kelly
Sep 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Excellent read.

A touching story about surviving a conversion camp and religious indoctrination.
My favorite romance novel to address the subject. Very much looking forward to the next book.

Topics: Conversion therapy, abuse, PTSD, triggers, Daddy kink, shaving, cageing, ssc, ect.
Nic
Oct 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Sweet

Oh my what a nice, sweet story. Gosh It was painful reading about how Seth was raised the things done to him in the name of God. But I sincerely liked how patient Malcolm was. He provided the right balance that Seth needed. The author did a great job of making it believable. Nicely done!!
Esther
Sep 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
When I started reading, I was immediately hooked!
Seth’s story was heartbreaking. Malcolm was perfect for him. I love Daddy kink!
This is a HFN, can’t wait for the next book. That evil family need to be dealt with!!
Sharita Lira
Aug 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow. Not enough stars to give for this one.

Seth and Malcolm were amazing together. This book had everything true gay romance fans want: engaging storyline, relatable characters, real romance, and uh yes the sex.

It has all the feels. I cant wait for more of their story.

Hurry up November!
AussieMum
Going in I didn’t know this was going to be book 1 of a series. It was very slow and a bit like an intro to having a Daddy. Lots will find this sweet but my cold, black heart found it a bit nauseating.
JustJen "Miss Conduct"
Nov 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: lbr, ebook, mm
This is a cute and pretty sweet story, although the backstory is a bit heartbreaking. Seth is a sweetheart just trying to find his way after escaping his second stay at a gay conversion camp. He was brought up in a religious cult-like family and has led a very sheltered life up until this point. Malcolm is a Daddy with a big heart who only intends to help Seth out, offer support and friendship as Seth grows accustomed to life on his own and in the big gay world he now chooses to live in. Malcolm ...more
HEChapter -Tina J
POV ~> Third-person
Possible trigger warning: Gay Conversion Camp torture of physical, mental, and spiritual nature.

Cover – The black & white cover is dramatic and powerful. It drew me in and even with it being a Daddy Kink trope, something outside my normal comfort zone, I was compelled to read this one.

As I've said, I normally would not pick up a Daddy Kink trope based solely on my personal preferences but I did want to read this one... the synopsis really captivated me.
Seth is a
Josh Dale
Sep 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance, bdsm, struggles, abuse
This is such a deep story that really touched my heart. Seth is 23 and has been taught and brainwashed to believe he is the worst kind of person there is. Coming from a very strict religious family and having survived two stints in conversion therapy camps.
Seth is so broken by the constant torture he has suffered throughout his life. He hates who he is but has come to realize he can not change his sexuality and is tired of hiding it.
He visits a gay bar, where he runs into trouble when two guys
DeltaMK
Aug 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
That book made me sad, angry … and unbelievable happy :)

Sad, because whilst this is a fictional story we all know that there are people out there who went through some of the horror Seth had to face. There were two scenes in the book which brought tears to my eyes and I had to stop to calm down again. It was agonizing to imagine and my heart bled for him the whole time.

Angry, because like Malcolm I couldn’t fathom how anyone could do what the church/the cult did to Seth. How they can still look
Anabela.M.
Aug 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
From the first moment he set his eyes on the obviously out of his element kid trying to get a drink at his favorite bar,something deep inside Malcolm pushed him to take notice,waking up his protectiveness. From that moment on,despite his resistance, everything about the kid,Seth,tugs at Malcom's need to nurture,to offer directions,to dominate...to love. And Seth,so lost and scared,desperately needing someone to care about him.

Their story is one of heartbreak and healing. Malcom and Seth are both
Vikki
Sep 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved reading In the name of the father, it was a page turner from the beginning. If you want a read that keeps you gripped, this is the book for you.
It's such a strong, tender and beautiful story. The emotion throughout the book keep you on your toes.
The struggles they both face are great, but together anything is possible. Once or twice I was on the edge of my seat thinking nooooo, it can't end like this. It even had me crying at one point. But by the end of the book I was smiling so hard my
Angie Juarez
Sep 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A healing Daddy and boy

Malcolm is minding his own business having a drink when he needs to step in and rescue Seth from a pair of bullies. Seth immediately brings out the Daddy in Malcolm which he buried many years ago with the death of his partner. Seth a naive, insecure, newly out young man that Malcolm cannot leave alone in the harsh circumstances he is in so he takes him home. And Seth is quickly drawn to Malcolm and the sense is safety he feels with Malcolm around. He had suffered much at
Leelah🍁♋️ Orion
Nov 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m, m-m-newbie, m-m-daddy
Two men running from their pasts, letting go and finding love in each other. This book pretty much sealed the fact that daddy/boy genre is my thing. I love the sweetness between these two. Both just wanting to make the other happy. What happened to Seth had me shook, but the care Malcom shown was everything.
I had to get into the style of the story, but once I was there the story rocked.
I’m excited this story has a second book because I have a few questions.

Can’t wait.
Dennis Crotts
Sep 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
So many people should read this book

I felt I was reading my life story due to being raised as Seth was he was lucky to break away as he did and run into Malcolm who just wanted to be his friend. So many young and old gay people have committed suicide due to the way they were raised and I would hope there is many more Malcolms out there to lead and guide them. This is a love story that helps a young man learn who he is, what he is worth and finally and the most important he worthy to loved and
JD Crittendon
Oct 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Couple Blessed to Find One Another!

Malcolm & Seth face past loss, abusive therapy, to finally find love. Good solid romance tale, intriguing premise, likable MCs and just the right amount of sexy times. A composite look at the aftermath of what ppl do in the name of religion. However, a HEA all around!
Wendy Moore
Sep 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is my first time reading this author and I truly enjoyed the story. My only complaint is it the 1st in a series and I would have waited to read until they were all out.
Lani
Sep 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
The sweetest boy, gets saved by the sweetest dom. From their first meet-cute I was already shipping them so hard. I love these two people together, they are both so genuinely kind, that I fell in love with the characters. Excited for the next book as while this book felt like a whole story, I love the details and this book would do small jumps, where I would've rather the author had delved in a bit more. Especially when you have a complex character like seth. Who is facing so many different ...more
Anne
Sep 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Truely amazing

This book is truly beautiful. Its about acceptance Its about following your heart. Its about hatred and abuse, all because you are being yourself.
Seth was a good Christian son raised in a very conservative church.
Malcolm is mourning. He has been for 10 years for his boy that died. Malcolm is a Dom and he likes to live his life as a Daddy. To be in charge of every aspect of his boy! Age doesn't matter his boy had been older than him but he liked for Malcolm to decided everything
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Their Boy (The Game, #2)
  • Top Priority (The Game #1)
  • Kel's Keeper
  • Untamed (Untamed, #1)
  • Gentle Hand (Perfect Hands, #2)
  • Rules for Santa (Davey's Rules #3)
  • Rules to Break (Davey's Rules, #2)
  • Friends Lovers and Family
  • Caring For Little Ollie (Different Hearts, #1)
  • Spencer (Leashes & Lace #5)
  • Cold Hard Cash
  • Daddy Rules (Breaking the Rules #6)
  • I Wish I Were Special (Southern Scandal, #1)
  • The Guy in the Window
  • Tanner (Romance & Revolutions, #1)
  • Fixing Little Red (Different Hearts #2)
  • Take Care of Us (Taking Care #3)
  • Without Limits
M/M Erotic Romance author Morticia Knight enjoys hot stories of men loving men forever after. They can be men in uniform, Doms and subs, rock stars or bikers - but they're all searching for the one (or two!) who was meant only for them.

When not indulging in her passion for books, she loves the outdoors, film and music. Once upon a time she was the singer in an indie rock band that toured the West

Father (2 books)
  • For the Love of a Boy (Father #2)