Start by marking “All the Befores (Magnolia Sound #3.5)” as Want to Read:
All the Befores (Magnolia Sound #3.5)

All the Befores

(Magnolia Sound #3.5)

Susannah Westbrook never thought she'd find love again.

After a failed marriage, focusing on her children instead of her love life was the best thing to do. Now years later, she's content with her life. But when she meets Colton Hale, she decides that she wants to be more than just content—she's ready to take a chance on love once again.

After just a year of being together,
Published December 10th 2019

To ask other readers questions about All the Befores, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about All the Befores

Start your review of All the Befores (Magnolia Sound #3.5)
BookAddict
Nov 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Holy partridge in a pear tree, who knew the chemistry and angst between a forty-something couple could be so delightful and delicious? Susannah Westbrook and Colton Hale have been dating for a year, in the midst of both of Susannah's children finding their soul mates, renovating the home her father left her and opening a new B&B in Magnolia Sound. Colton is ready to take the next step, but Susannah surprises him with her hesitancy.

I’ve loved all the stories about Ezekiel Westbrook's
Jessica Alcazar
Magnolia Sound makes me happy. Everything about it has always appealed to me. Every story in this series has been a great read. This one was no different. Altho it’s a novella, it was still full of charm and heart, perfectly developed and very satisfying. Susannah and Colton both got a second chance to get love right with this one and it was just *happy sigh*

If you’re new to Samantha Chase, this is a great story to start with but be prepared, you’ll want to read all about Magnolia Sound from
Sandy S
Dec 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
4 stars

ABOUT THE BOOK: Release Date December 10, 2019

Susannah Westbrook never thought she'd find love again.

After just a year of being together, Colton is ready to spend forever with Susannah—to give her the happily
Angela Reed
Dec 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Samantha Chase is the very essence of what a great writer is all about. The stories she writes are beyond amazing. I personally feel as if she knows what every reader is looking for in a book. She creates magic every time she puts pen to paper.

In All the Before we get the story I personally have been waiting for. Susannah and Colton's story. We have had Mallory and Sam's stories and have gotten to know her a little throughout the Magnolia Sound series. Now it is time for her story and what a
Lynn Lim
Thank you, Samantha Chase!!! I freaking loved this book for oh so many reasons. When I first read the blurb, I could not wait for it to hit my Kindle. As an experienced participant of the older generation, I LOVED seeing a book written about an older couple. In most of the romance novels I read I imagine my younger self, or even my son falling in love. This time I could almost see myself falling in love again. For this, Ms. Chase, I thank you.
OK, on to my review. I have been reading this series
Lynn
Oh to be Susannah ...

What a fabulous book. My favorite Magnolia Sound to date (and that is saying a lot!)

So great to see Susannah and Colton's story take life ... and what a life it is. They're a bit more mature than most of the author's stories, which is great for for many of us who fit into that age bracket. Both Susannah and Colton are easily relatable. They’ve each had previous marriages and have grown to appreciate the friendship and romantic aspect of their relationship

Against the
Debbie Hanson
Nov 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: author-review
All The Befores
Magnolia Sound #3.5
Samantha Chase

This is all time favourite Magnolia Sound story. Susannah and Colton have played such large roles throughout the series, I was stoked for them to get not only their own story but happy ever after. As an older couple the story dynamic was perfect, after reading so many books of people in their 20’s and 30’s, Samantha has created a beautiful story, with new perspective and I adored it.

After seeing Mallory and Sam find their happy ever afters it is
Fly Girl Wickedcoolflight blogger
This novella took me by surprise. I’m not used to seeing Samantha write about older couples. I don’t mean old ladies in Red Hats, but it’s not new adult. These two are in their 40’s and the story is a sweet heart-wrenching, swoon-worthy romance about two people who’ve already had one failed marriage under their belts and are trying to figure out if they can make another marriage work.

Twins, Sam and Mallory’s mom, Susannah has worked for the last year on the house her Grandfather left her to make
Anita Byars
Dec 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Heartwarming & Exhilarating! Susannah Westbrook has been dating and falling for Colton Hale since she met him a little of a year ago. As her labor of love, her Bed and Breakfast, “Magnolia On The Sound” is about to be opened to the public. Susannah’s past insecurities and failure causes her to second guess the love, and the life, that she has made with Colton. So when he proposes to her, she not only turns him down but she also breaks up with him, even though she loves him.

Susannah
Mary L H
Samantha Chase takes us back to Magnolia Sound in All the Befores and gives us the perfect Christmas gift of Susannah and Colton's story. Having read many romances featuring young couples just starting out, it was refreshing to read about a couple in their forties who have loved and lost and are fighting for their second chance.

Susannah has been focused on raising a wonderful son and daughter and renovating the home she inherited from her grandfather into a B&B. Meeting and developing a
Jackie Wright
Dec 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
All the Befores is a quick read but it still packs a mighty punch and it still draws you in to life the residents of Magnolia Sound share. This is one of my favourite series and I really enjoy my visits and catching up with the residents of Magnolia Sound because this author makes me feel like I’m going home and catching up with friends with every book I read of hers. I was so excited when I heard Colton and Susannah were going to get their own book and their story was everything I hoped for.
Meghan
Dec 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Susannah has been part of every story in this series, but now the focus is on her. This novella picks up after her two kids and nephew find love. In each of their stories we saw Susannah dating Colton and now in her story we start off with one heck of an emotional moment.

From that beginning the story does a mixture of voices and moments talking about what all she experienced in her first marriage and how even though time has past old wounds can still hurt. Her children and Colton are amazing
Donna Smith
Dec 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
In the world of romance there are so many genres. One that is overlooked is the “older” crowd. Those that are starting over or just haven’t found the one they really belong with. I adore that Samantha Chase has taken on the subject. Her writing is considerate to feelings and emotions all of the time but in this one I think she out did herself. Susannah has put her kids first after her marriage failed. Her needs became pretty much nonexistent until the kids are grown and she starts her next stage ...more
Eileen
Shelves: author
Susannah and Colton’s story All the Befores, book 3.5 in Samantha Chase’s Magnolia Sound series is an emotional and heartwarming tale of building self-confidence, family and understanding. All the before are the experiences that hurt Susannah and Colton before they met and started dating; taking a chance on a life together.

After her divorce, Susannah believed focusing on her children instead of her love life was the most important thing she needed to do. Her adult children are with the loves of
Cheryl
Dec 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
All The Befores has all the feels of a wonderful Samantha Chase romance! Susannah and Colton are mature characters, which is a joy to read, since it’s hard to find books with leads in their late 30’s and older. While she has two grown children, who have found their own HEAs, Susannah has found love with a good man who sees how beautiful she is, inside and out.
Having read the previous Magnolia Sound books, I came in with an understanding of what went wrong in her first marriage, but I was
Dawnmarie Burke
Dec 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
In All the Befores we get Susannah and Colton's story and what a story it is!! Susannah is a single mother who raise two amazing kids on her own. Now that she has an empty nest she's trying to put herself out there even though her ex did a number on her. Colton has been in love with Susannah since he met her. They finally begin dating and after dating for awhile he knows she's his forever. Colton is wonderful in this story!! He's patient and loving. You really need to read this book and go on ...more
Erin Lewis
Dec 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
5 Star Review of All The Befores (Magnolia Sound #3.5) by Samantha Chase

Although only a short story Samantha Chase has certainly packed a lot in to this book. I love this series series and I was excited that Susannah Westbrook and Colton Hale we’re getting their own book.

This book can be read as a stand alone, but I recommend that you also one click the other books in the series as they are just as enjoyable.

Susannah has been happily focusing on raising her children after a failed marriage and
Renee Entress
Dec 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, series, read-2019
4 star

I was pulled right into this story. The story has laughs, secrets, pain, and heartbreak.

The below are part of this series if you want to read those books(s) first
Sunkissed Days (Magnolia Sound, #0.5)
Remind Me (Magnolia Sound, #1)
A Girl Like You (Magnolia Sound #2)
In Case You Didn't Know (Magnolia Sound #3)

This is Susannah and Colton’s story. Susannah is trying to move on with her life. After a failed marriage she concentrated on raising her children now that they are grown, she thinks he
Kari Hansen
Dec 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ever since her devastating divorce Susannah had no interest in romance or relationships and did everything she could to ensure that her children had all the attention and love that she could give them. She couldn’t be happier that they have found their happy ever afters and are starting the next phase in her life but that didn’t mean she was prepared to have the same thing for herself.

Colton hasn’t had the best experiences when it comes to love but he knows that Susannah is his other half. He is
Heather
Dec 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I’m not sure there are words enough in the English language to express how much I enjoyed All The Befores: A Magnolia Sound Novella. The love story of Susannah and Colton is sweet, supportive, sexy, and forgiving. I think each person has a past relationship that has left scars and impacts future relationships. The way that Colton worked through these with Susannah was heart-warming and for him…well worth the effort! It is worthy to note that Susannah didn’t hide behind her past. She put it right ...more
Kelly Mcclure
Dec 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A return to Magnolia Sound! This is quite quickly becoming one of my favorite places to visit and I love the families and townspeople. This is the love story of Susannah and Colton. Susannah has raised her children, seen them find their true love and started a second career as a B and B innkeeper. Little did she expect to find love again after her disastrous first marriage ended.

Colton has been working for Coleman construction for years. He loves his job, he loves his town and now he loves
Joni Simpson Foster
Dec 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Such a wonderful start about a couple in the mid forties finding love after not so good relationships in each of their pasts. Susannah and Colton the cutest couple and Colton wants to take things to the next level and he thought that Susannah was on the sane page or was thinking the same way. Susannah however has her reservations and the fear of her not being enough or being a good wife, her ex husband told her so often and after a while it began to believe him.. Colton was shocked when Susannah ...more
Dimple
Shelves: 2019-read
There's a lot to like about the newest story in the Magnolia Sound series. It's a stand alone story but a reader's enjoyment would benefit from knowing the other couples in the book.

Susannah spent her life recovering from an emotional abusive ex-husband and subsequent divorce. She threw herself into raising her twins, who are now grown and on their way to wedded bliss. Now's the perfect time to focus on her own happily ever after, if she'd just get out of her own way.

Colton is shocked when
Alphas Do It Better Book Blog
4 stars

Colton is shocked
Lisa
Dec 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Susannah Westbrook has raised her children Sam and Mallory on her own. And she has done a great job. It’s now time for her to do things for herself, like start a bed and breakfast at the beautiful southern home her grandfather willed her and fall in love.
Colton Hale worked for Susannah’s grandfather and as soon as Colton saw Susannah he knew she was the one for him.
This was a sweet Christmas romance, with characters I have come to love from the Magnolia Sounds Series, a series I absolutely love
Michelle Pierce
Dec 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I’ve really been looking forward to reading this book and Samantha Chase did a great job with Susannah and Colton’s story. No matter how old you are, you always have the chance to get your heart broken and in turn, try to learn from your mistakes and move forward. This was a perfect story for Susannah and Colton. I enjoyed their story and everything in between. From the guys getting together the morning after to help with ‘damage control’ to Georgia trying to be new and improved with her ...more
Pam
Nov 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love it when a favorite author gives us a story about a mature older couple! Susannah & Colton have interacted throughout the previous books about Susannah’s children. They have worked together to bring her visions of the B & B she wants to open to life. As they’ve worked together, their attraction has continued to grow until Colton can’t see his future without her.

It’s amazing what insecurities a broken relationship can leave someone with. Susannah didn’t even realize she had them
Christy B
Shelves: 2019-reads
Ever since we first met Susannah I could not wait for her story. This amazing woman raised two pretty awesome (and stubborn) kids on her own. When she started dating Colton it made everyone's heart happy - they were both finally getting their own HEA.
Or not...
Their story starts in heartache and we go along for the ride as Susannah works out why her past overshadows her hope for the future and how Colton stays in wait but wondering if his heart can take it. This is a fabulous couple and the kids
Patty Montoro
Dec 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Susannah whole world revolves around her children. She is single mom whose ex did a real number on her. She never really started dating till her kids were in college. It took years for Colton to get up the courage to approach Susannah. After one date he knew she was one for him. All Colton wants and need is Susannah. Susannah cannot get her ex's words out of her head. She is scared to start a new marriage. Her kids are moving on and she is set to open a B and B. Susannah had one failed marriage ...more
Erika
Dec 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Samantha Chase has given us the beautiful gift of the story of Susannah and Colton!
We have seen them around Magnolia Sound before, but this "more mature" couple(Early to Mid 40's) finally have their time to shine!

Susannah is taking her families legacy, putting her own spin on it, and creating an inn her late grandfather would be proud of. What she didn't expect was for her personal life to take such a sharp turn, one she had a hard time believing in, one she thought she wasn't worthy of.

Colton
« previous 1 3 next »

• Yours Since Yesterday (Lost Harbor, Alaska Book 2)
  • Your Christmas Love (The Bennett Family #10)
  • Holiday Ever After
  • Never Goodbye (The Barrington Billionaires Book 7)
  • This Is Love (Harmony Pointe, #2)
  • Christmas Wishes: A Small Town Christmas Love Story
  • Something Just Like This (Stay, #3.5)
  • Guts & Glory: Walker (In the Shadows Security, #4)
  • Man Cuffed (Man Hands, #4)
  • Crazy Rich Cajuns (Boys of the Bayou, #4)
  • As Long As I Have You (London Sullivans 1)
  • Our Perfect Moment (The McCormicks #6)
  • An Unexpected Gift (Insta-Spark Collection, #4)
  • One Complicated Christmas
  • Playing With Attraction (Playing the Game #1)
  • Mine Until Moonrise (Lost Harbor, Alaska Book 1)
  • New Year's with the Single Dad (The Single Dads of Seattle Book 6)
  • Wish Upon a Cowboy
New York Times and USA Today Bestseller/contemporary romance writer Samantha Chase released her debut novel, Jordan's Return, in November 2011. Although she waited until she was in her 40's to publish for the first time, writing has been a lifelong passion. Her motivation to take that step was her students: teaching creative writing to elementary age students all the way up through high school and ...more

Magnolia Sound (4 books)
  • Remind Me (Magnolia Sound, #1)
  • A Girl Like You (Magnolia Sound #2)
  • In Case You Didn't Know (Magnolia Sound #3)
  • And Then One Day (Magnolia Sound #4)