Start by marking “The Truth Will Set You Free, But First It Will Piss You Off!: Thoughts on Life, Love, and Rebellion” as Want to Read:

A beautifully illustrated collection of Gloria Steinem's most inspirational and outrageous quotes, with an introduction and essays by the feminist activist herself

"A fearless book full of passion, resolute perspective, and unbiased hope for the future."--Janelle Mon�e

For decades--and especially now, in these times of crisis--people around the world have found guidan/>"A
Published October 29th 2019 by Random House

Be the first to ask a question about The Truth Will Set You Free, But First It Will Piss You Off!

Start your review of The Truth Will Set You Free, But First It Will Piss You Off!: Thoughts on Life, Love, and Rebellion
Moira
Nov 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book is comprised of essays and illustrations of Gloria Steinem’s (and some friends) most inspirational and outrageous quotes. She’s chosen the ones that will be useful in arguments, comforting in bad times, the most inspirational and ones most likely to make you laugh. If you aren’t familiar with her work this is a great introduction. The artwork is wonderful too. This would be a fantastic book to gift this holiday season.
Becky Kearns
Oct 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
First of all I love the cover, and the illustrations are beautiful! I want so many of them hanging on my walls!
I love this book. I think there are some lovely quotes and I didn’t think it was too heavy or overdone.
There are some great discussion points and I agree with the majority of them.
I love that Gloria discusses the inherent racism that is so often in feminism, and that it doesn’t always completely represent everyone that it should.

I think this is a lovely boo
Natasha
Oct 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: feminism, history, memoir, 2019
This was such a delightful book. It featured essays and quotes from Gloria Steinem, encompassing her life as an advocate. In her introduction, she says that the quotes she chose can provide more robust justification when you are faced with a challenge, and she is right. This curated collection of wisdom will make any person stronger, wiser, more informed and more prepared to join in the good fight.
Gronk
Nov 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
A book with short essays followed by quotes by the author and her friends. I feared I'd dislike it after reading her disjointed introduction. But I enjoyed the book, the quotes, and marveled that Steinem created such diverse ideas. Some of the quotes resonated. Others infuriated. But mostly they made me think.
Shevonda Joyner
Nov 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was a healing experience to read. It was awesome to have an overview of her work. I was able to read about her as a person instead of a historical figure, it was nice. I enjoyed the "my quotes" and "quotes I loved" section of the book. The illustrations were beautiful.
Kimberly
Nov 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved this collection of timely essays and thought provoking quotes. Great stuff in here!
Laura Oldham
Nov 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Perfection
Doris Raines
Nov 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
THE TRUETH WILL SET YOU FREE.
Rebecca
Nov 09, 2019
« previous 1 3 next »

• Stay Sexy & Don’t Get Murdered: The Definitive How-To Guide
  • The Giver of Stars
  • The Girl in the Tower (Winternight Trilogy, #2)
  • No Good Asking
  • Once, Twice, Three Times an Aisling
  • Lilli de Jong
  • Birthday
  • The Island of Sea Women
  • Dear Girls: Intimate Tales, Untold Secrets, and Advice for Living Your Best Life
  • My Sister's Keeper
  • The Lost Causes of Bleak Creek
  • Find Me
  • Watershed
  • Harley Quinn: Breaking Glass
Gloria Marie Steinem (born March 25, 1934) is an American feminist, journalist, and social and political activist who became nationally recognized as a leader of, and media spokeswoman for, the women's liberation movement in the late 1960s and 1970s. A prominent writer and key counterculture era political figure, Steinem has founded many organizations and projects and has been the recipient of man ...more
“The best thing about self-defense is knowing there is a self” 0 likes