Start by marking “The Guy on the Right” as Want to Read:
The Guy on the Right

The Guy on the Right

(The Underdogs #1)

Strike One - My mother named me Theodore after her favorite chipmunk.

Not cool, Mom.

I‘ve spent most of my life answering to Teddy, because I couldn’t make Theo work.

Except for here. College. The place where all bets are off, and I’ve managed to redeem myself.
Published July 25th 2019

Christy
Jul 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5+ stars!

photo IMG_4220_zpsinm5ilh9.png

I’m not sure if I’ve EVER had this much fun reading a book. Or laughed as hard while reading. Or had such a HUGE BOOK HANGOVER. I am obsessed with this story. Days after reading and my mind was still on Theo and Laney. I love a lot of books, but rarely do they stay with me like this or have such an impact. Especially the rom-com types, but this book wa
Malene

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

This is how you write a romantic comedy to my hearts desires. OMG! The Guy On The Right was a blast! Hilarious, cute and romantic as hell. I even got as close as to pissing myself. Yup that’s right. Theo and Laney are insanely funny. A hoot. So opposite but so so right for one another. They just work.
Theo is a good guy who doesn’t get all the girls. He doesn’t want all the girls. He wants the ONE and all the emotions that comes along with it. He’s not a one night stand kind of guy like his roommates.
KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕
This book right here pulled me out of one mother of a book funk!
I’ve struggled for a few days with picking up books and putting books back down, nothing had been able to hold my attention..Until now!!

This was such a fun book to get lost in!! It took away the winter blues!! I giggled, I swooned, I sighed, I loved! I even wanted more!!

Unique, unputdownable, undeniably an easy 5 star read!! So so good!!
Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾
4 STARS
We shouldn’t fit, but we do, and our fit is nothing short of spectacular. There’s no wool in the world thick enough to make me blind to that.

If you're a fan of the friends-to-lovers trope, this is simply a must read. The Guy On The Right was one of those books that sneaks up on you and makes you fall head over heels. It's cute, light and somewhat unassuming at first. You meet Theodor, Teddy to his annoying sisters, and his fall fast and hard for his subtle and down to earth charm. The guySTARS
Bibi
Aug 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Oh my

This was incredible and exactly how slow-burn ought to be done. Love Theo so damn much. I suggest you do yourself a favour by reading this. 😍🥰
Patty ~ Wrapped Up In Reading Book Blog
*****FIVE STARS*****
{ARC Generously Provided by Author}

I want more, but I would rather go without than lose him. It’s fear that has me shaking in his arms. I’ve never felt so much in my life at once. Passion, lust, fear, ache, need, hope.

I have been a fan of Kate Stewart for years now. She is the Queen of the “slow burn” romance and she pulls it off magnificently once again with ”THE GUY ON THE RIGHT”. Theo wasn’tAuthor}
I
Hulya Kara Yuksel
OH MY GOSH!!! I LOVED this book soooooo much. I had a really great time with Theo & Laney. <3

And I must say this book is one of the best of 2019. ;)
chan ☆
Aug 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019, new-adult
this yee haw says YEE FCKING HAW
Shabby  -BookBistroBlog
B.E.A.U.T.I.F.U.L. & S.P.E.C.T.A.C.U.L.A.R., fairy tale story of an underdog and a nice boy who DOES finish first. He DOES get the princess. The Princess rescues him actually and kicks his Ass while doing so.
This story is like a softly played tune, a gentle summer breeze, a subtle scent of citrus and mint.
They don't overrun your senses but creep slowly and surely till you forget what life was before you experienced this magic.
"Years from now, when we tell our story, I know my version. It will be about a young gimagic.
MELISSA *Mel Reader*
Jul 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arcs
5 Stars!
(ARC provided by author/ Wordsmith Publicity)

-She’s a second look kind of girl. The first look at her is for simple appreciation for the stunner she is. The second look is a realization of what an idiot you were for not looking longer the first time around.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Theo Houseman is a 21 yr. old junior at Texas Grand University. He lives in College Station where he rents a place with two football athletes who are every woman’s dream. He’s a former band geek,
EmBibliophile
Aug 02, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 4-stars
4.25 ‘#livingourrealistlive’ stars

We’re polar opposites. I’m way too country and he’s a whole lot of everything else. We shouldn’t fit, but we do, and our fit is nothing short of spectacular.

This book brought joy to my life. It was there for me to cheer me up after my awful dentist appointment. It was there to entertain me during my long seven hours shift, where I don’t even get paid! This was such a hilarious adorable romance that brightened my mood.

”We get an A plus for chemistry, Houseman.”
”We ...more
NMmomof4
4 Stars

Overall Opinion: This was a great surprise! I really enjoyed the banter and sarcastic humor between the mcs. Not all authors can pull off sarcasm, but I think Ms. Stewart did amazingly! I also loved the H soooo much! My one and only gripe was the ending. I don't get why NA books never have good endings! I get that they're young and they might not be there yet -- but why not a jump ahead epilogue?! I usually am drawn by and enjoy NA books, but this is a consistent problem for me. Will it stop/>Overall
Astrid - The Bookish Sweet Tooth

TITLE: THE GUY ON THE RIGHT
AUTHOR: Kate Stewart
RELEASE DATE: July 29 2019
GENRE: RomCom
RATING: All of the Stars!
CLIFFHANGER: No

READ MY REVIEW ON THE BLOG

Kate Stewart's climb to the top is unstoppable. If you had asked me if this author couldStars!
RomCom
2019
GENRE:Stewart
RELEASERIGHT
Julia
Deanna❤Pink Lady❤️
4 #sweetromance Stars

This was a very sweet, cute, light, romantic, feel good read. It’s a slow burn, friends to lovers trope set in a college town. I may be a little biased as I went to college in College Station, Texas.

The band geek, Theo, is smart, sweet, and musically gift. But the band geek is also a really great guy who just thinks that he falls short. He’s friends with the football players who are everything. He’s been burned by a girl that he loved and is very hesitant to let himself fall again.

The girl,
Jenny••Steamy Reads Blog••
Lord oh lord how I absolutely love this book. I read this on an entire flight, seriously capture my attention and didn't let it go. Six hours into a 9 hour flight and I was like HOLY CRAP theres no way its been that long. A total catch you book❤

This read, it is everything. I enjoyed it, had so much fun reading it. Completely fell in love with Laney & Theo. And yes, I laughed my butt off, fell head over heals, may have shed a couple EXTREMELY happy tears, seriously just everything in a perfe
Melanie A.
Aug 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
4 STARS!
"I love that you can fill every role in your own life. But I don't want anyone to ever take mine."
GAH! By the end, the romance in The Guy on the Right had melted me into a loose-limbed puddle on the floor. SO FABULOUS!

Plot: Laney's a smart, beautiful university senior who's a bit flaky, but she's sticking to her one firm decision: no more hot men. She's done with them.

Theo's just a regular university junior who wasn't just burned by his high school sweetheart, he was singed to a crisp.

This
mel
but can we have more “guy on the right” type of heroes though??

friends to lovers, slowburn, perfect amount of drama, college setting, funny af scenes, TONS of sexual tension, and how they talk about the clear difference between lust and love? damn this book has everything i like.

ive been reading so many romance novels where the MCs say they love each other but all they did was have sex so i don’t really believe em when they say the L word, but here, we get to see the progression of their relationship tha
Jennifer Kyle
Jul 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4.5 Stars ⭐ ...more
Angie - Angie's Dreamy Reads
I have a book hangover. The WORST book hangover. This story is incredible. I'm writing my review now, but it must be said, YOU NEED TO READ THIS BOOK. It's feel good romance with all the laughs, swoon, feels, and sexy! PERFECTION.
Jemima jamir aka Sentranced Jem
The Guy on the Right was the most unexpected book of the year for me. And what an awesome book it was!
This book was surprisingly a breath of fresh air. I loved Theo. He definitely was not the typical bad boy book boyfriend that I usually swoon over.. nah uh.. Theo is one the good guys. He's the nerdy band geek we tend to pass over while we swoon and go gaga over the bad boy. Shame on me cause I may have missed out on hundreds of Theo's in my endless list of favourite book boyfriends.
Sophie "Beware Of The Reader"
4,5 surprised stars

You know how some meme ask you what are your random thoughts during an experience?
Well here are mine in reading order:

- That Theo is pretty common. He even is a little annoying with all his thoughts about how Troy and other guys have it easy and how he, Theodore, has to do breakfast for their one night conquests.

- Laney is all over the place! She can be funny but she is a little too much and overdone.

-25% in the book and I still can't fall into it!
Their experience seem so fake and I just don't feel that story. What will I write as a revoverdone.
-25%
preoccupiedbybooks
A cute and fun contemporary romantic comedy about the underdog getting the girl

Argh this was just too cute!! This is one of those light, fun reads that can get you out of a slump.
Friends to lovers ✔
Geeky guy getting the girl ✔
Great banter ✔
description
A chance encounter between Theo (Teddy) houseman and Laney Cox lead to a new friendship between a dependable band geek and all round good guy, and a Texas country girl who had sworn off dating for a while because she was choosing the wrong kind of guy. You can see where this is
Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
4-4.5 ⭐'s

“I’m your sentence finisher, Theo, and you are mine.”

I love Kate Stewart's book and this was no exception. However, I am going to give you a warning....please DO NOT read the blurb! You will be better off just sitting back and enjoying all things Theo and Layne rather than being anxious for it to get to a certain part.

Theo and Layne "meet" at a party. It's dark and they've both just gone through some emotional events...he's just lost his virginity and she just broke up with her boy
Kate Stewart
Jul 26, 2019 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
🥁The Guy on the Right is L I V E !!!!🥁

AMAZON AU: https://amzn.to/2Y7gixQ

Paperback: https://amzn.to/2SFt3dc

TGOTR-Now-Live-Group-Banner

BLURB

Strike One-My mother named me Theodore after her favorite chipmunk.

Not cool, Mom.

There’s only one problem, my new roommate, Troy, is football royalty and looks like he stepped off the set of an Abercrombie shoot.

Doesn’t matter, I cook a m
Tracy  C
Aug 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
*sigh* Theo and Laney *sigh* So cute! Friends first. They really get to know each other and Laney finally isn't blinded by her usual type and really opens up. Once they realize that they both have feelings for each other -BOOM- fireworks happen. Awesome characters, the hot chemistry and great humor make a fantastic book!
The Book Bee
Aug 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
REVIEW: 4.5 RIDICULOUSLY FUNNY STARS
"I might've fallen slowly, but I just landed impossibly deep."

HILARIOUS PERFECTION!!

First things first: when the honesty and depth of a love refuses to let you give up on its perfection, that is a telling sign. The beginning, middle, and happily ever after that Theo and Laney had was seriously so down to earth, and totally in line with "the underdog" story that Kate Stewart was trying to tell. Flawlessly, I might add. It was heartfelt comedy with some honest emotion
Andrea Fleury
Aug 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Theo and laney

I read reviews by others and it made me get this beautiful book. I simply adored it. It made me laugh cry, tell and I was shocked a time or two. Theo was the guy on the right but in my heart he was and is front and center.
Amber
This book was the ultimate pick me up! If you’re stressed out and need a low angst read that will give you both the warm and fuzzies and the giggles, this is your book. I loved everything about it.

Underdog gets the girl
Friends to lovers
Witty banter
Romantic comedy
Low drama

This was a blast to read and I devoured it in a day. Highly recommend.
Jenny - TotallybookedBlog
description

4.5 fabulous stars

“It happened fast. We shared trauma.”
“So would you show him your Google history?”
“Pshhh, girl, please. I would rather walk buck naked in the grocery store during bush-week winter than let anyone ever see my browsing history. Not even you are privy to that information.”

We love Kate Stewart, so we were beyond excited to pick up The Guy on the Right. This is one of those times we can say that hand on heart this book is exactly what it claims to be, a true friends to lovers romance. It is without question one of our favouristars

USA Today bestselling author and Texas native, Kate Stewart, lives in North Carolina with her husband, Nick, and her naughty beagle, Sadie. She pens messy, sexy, angst-filled contemporary romance, as well as romantic comedy and erotic suspense. Kate's title Drive was named one of the best romances of 2017 by The New York Daily News and Huffington Post. Drive was also a finalist in the Goodread's C

The Underdogs (3 books)
  • The Guy on the Left (Fourth and Inches)
  • The Guy in the Middle (Fair Catch)
“I might’ve fallen slowly, but I just landed impossibly deep.” 4 likes
“How did I not see this? How could I not have seen this incredible man for what he is? In a matter of life-altering hours, Theo has just become the most irresistible man I’ve ever known. If I’m completely honest, I’ve been falling for him, in pieces, since the night we met.” 1 likes