Start by marking “Guardian - The Choice (Magical Beasts #1)” as Want to Read:
Guardian - The Choice (Magical Beasts #1)

Guardian - The Choice (Magical Beasts #1)

A demon haunts Samantha Green's dreams.
And she fears it's coming for her...

When wildlife prodigy Sam and her crush—quirky handsome Jake—are attacked by a dragon assassin, Sam discovers her secret past. A past connected to a supernatural giant cat and a glowing faerie.

Sam is quickly pulled into a high stakes battle for the world. Everyone, including a creepy ancient

Published July 14th 2019 by Independently Published

To ask other readers questions about Guardian - The Choice, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Guardian - The Choice

Start your review of Guardian - The Choice (Magical Beasts #1)
Linda
Aug 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
WHAT AN AWESOME NOVEL! I was captivated by the first chapter, now I can't wait to read the next! Two teenagers don't know that they of Guardians, and their choices could blow their newly budded romance out of the water. I loved the way that Sam and Jake kept each other's back when they had to fight a monster so much taller than them and he had more experience. Fifty foot dragons, enormous snakes, and huge apes are just the start of their problems waiting for them in the Amazon! I NEED TO SAVE MY ...more
Christine Hunter
Sep 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Anytime you read a book, liking the characters will keep you reading, will make you want more, will keep you going when you should be doing other things. This is one of those books. It pulls you in right from Chapter 1 and never lets up. It's a coming of age story featuring two teenagers who facing huge odds, manage to become guardians. This is truly a YA book. Think Harry Potter quality. No vulgar language, no sex and yes, there is violence but the overall theme is saving their world and love ...more
Aimee Bower
Aug 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book follow two teens as they have to battle good and evil. Samantha and Jake have both been having nightmares. Jake is having visions even during the day. Samantha was given a beautiful staff from a woman named Rose. The staff calls to her, she doesn't understand it.
Then one night they are attacked, both of their parents are injured and could die if they don't do as asked. Samantha calls forth a great one.
This is an action packed adventure as they try to do the right thing and try to save
M.T. DeSantis
I received this book for an honest review. All opinions expressed are my own.

Read an excerpt and follow the Goddess Fish book tour here.
This is an action-packed ya fantasy with a lot of tension, fascinating creatures, and a real mythological/portal fantasy feel. I found the sheer number of creatures and the animals they represented to be impressive. The world of KiraKu also felt realized. And it was lovely. Provided nothing wanted to kill me, I’d love to go see it.
While there were parts of this
Sarah Fairbairn
The Choice is the first book in the Magical Beasts series. The story follows 17-yr-old besties Sam and Jake, told through Sam’s POV.

Sam and Jake are both suffering from strange dreams and day visions, when they are attacked out in the wilderness on Sam’s family’s wildlife Sanctuary, by what appears to be an extremely oversized Komodo Dragon that can talk. Then a special military branch, a tactical squad called VIPER, turns up and things only get worse.

Sam and Jake struggle to grasp what is a
Lilly Charysma
Nov 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Three things convinced me to read this book: the overall cover, the dragon on the cover the fact that it has dragons!

Reading along, I discovered an amazing story, so captivating and so interesting, with many twists and a lot of emotions Sam and Jake have a lot to face. Instead of enjoying their newly formed relationship, they have to save the world. Such a bummer!

We have animal companions, we have an interesting political system (or similar to it), we have non-stop action, all performed with a
Jill Urbanek Gauger
I received a arc of this book for a honest review.
I really enjoyed this book. At times it was a little confusing but it came together very quickly.
Samantha and Jake are neighbors, best friends and their parents are engaged. On Jake’s birthday their whole world is turned upside down when they’re attacked by a giant Komodo Dragon. If that’s not bad enough a secret government agency arrests them.
This starts a journey with magical animal shifters fighting for survival on Earth and their home planet
sherri jones-teachout
Teenagers Samantha and Jake have been bonded to a magical staff called Whipeye from a world called KiraKu. Forces, both evil and good, want the staff for its power. One of them tries to kill Samantha, Jake, and their parents, ending with their parents in the hospital, slowing dying of poison. To save them the teenagers must fight with and against the waring forces, and make the right choices. But who can they trust? In their efforts, they will be betrayed, befriended, and betrayed again. Can ...more
Lica
Sep 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Do yourself a favor and Read this Book.

Mr. Saign has a gift. His storytelling brings this book to life. You can see the colors, taste the air, feel the tension. I have read it twice now and I'm planning on buying a hard copy to share with my grandchildren. I know this is listed as young adult but I believe anybody would enjoy this story.
Heather Bane
Sep 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book. The characters are well developed. Really enjoyed Samantha and Jake. The story is very well written and kept me interested. I highly recommend reading this book. (I received this book as an arc and am leaving a voluntary honest review)
Jackie
Sep 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Well written story full of humour, intriguing at times. Keeps you reading and wanting more.
Darcy Smith
Sep 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a story! This story is packed full of action, adventure, suspense, and mystery from the beginning to the end. Sam is ever loving of so much throughout the story. She is strong in her convictions and even if she feels unworthy she still tries to persevere. Jake is sweet and at times headstrong but is loving, caring and protective all the same. I loved the moments of laughter that had me laughing out loud. There are an amazing group of support characters that add that special element to the ...more
Nancy (The Avid Reader)
Guardian, The Choice follows two teens, Samantha and Jake as they are attacked by demons. During the attack their parents, Samantha’s Dad and Jake’s Mother are injured putting them in the hospital with their lives hanging in the balance.

Samantha and Jake have been having the same dreams night after night. A woman Rose gives Samantha a staff called WhipEye. Samantha is magically drawn to the staff. Samantha and Jake are both bonded to the staff. This staff came from another world known as KiraKu.
ACME  TEEN BOOKS Kids & YA Too!
An amazing book if ever I read one, GUARDIAN THE CHOICE grabbed my attention from the get-go and I was hooked! Everyday characters who become what they need to be, fight off terrifying monsters, totally the stuff that nightmares are made of. But it's clean and it's good and it's the kind of book you want to read more than once. I cannot wait for the next one!

I received this free book I requested from the author and am voluntarily leaving this review.
Subhajit Das
Nov 06, 2019
Liberty Ireland
Nov 30, 2019
Geoffrey Saign
Jul 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Tracey Hoover
Robert Grieco
Denise Higgins
Will Griesmer
Nov 18, 2019

• Sealer's Game (Sealer Saga #1)
  • Magical Mischief (Magic And Metaphysics Academy, #1)
  • Magical Mistake (Magic And Metaphysics Academy, #2)
  • Glass Heart
  • Happily Ever Crowned (Underworld Royals #1)
  • An Impish Christmas
  • Wicked Academy 1: The Magic Elite
  • Bad Witch (Wicked Academy, #1)
  • Haunted Wolf (Cedar Creek Shifters, #1)
  • Un-Familiar Magic (Accidental Familiar Book 3)
  • Catching a Vampire (Grimalkin Academy: Catacombs, #1)
  • Catching A Wizard (Grimalkin Academy: Catacombs, #2)
  • Catching a Warlock (Grimalkin Academy: Catacombs, #3)
  • Prophecy of Magic
  • Tempest Witch (Hawthorne Chronicles)
  • King of Hell
  • A Witch's Magic (Witch's Path Series: Book 7)
  • Calliope's Little Conquest (Saddlesore Ranch Book 1)

Award-winning author Geoffrey Saign has spent many years studying kung fu and sailed all over the South Pacific and Caribbean. He uses that experience and sense of adventure to write the Jack Steel and Alex Sight thriller action series.

Geoff’s love of wildlife led him to write the award-winning fantasy series, Magical Beasts. He is also the author of a stress reduction book, and Green Essentials