Start by marking “Held (The Twin Bay Saga, #1)” as Want to Read:
Held (The Twin Bay Saga, #1)

Held

(The Twin Bay Saga #1)

Nick doesn't want to be a hitman. The mobsters holding his younger sister hostage have other plans. With the threat of her death looming, Nick's only option is to follow orders. Repeatedly.

Getting mugged isn't on Scarlet's agenda when her janky car breaks down, and she opts to walk home rather than pony up for a cab. But being rescued by a dreamy, brooding, knight-in-shini
Published October 1st 2019

To ask other readers questions about Held, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Held

Jennifer Hinson
"The best thing would be for Scarlet Price and her strong, fearless spirit to forget all about him."

It's the cover that did it for me. Something about the darkness paired with that handsome face and the bold font....I didn't need to know who wrote it or the details in the blurb to know I needed to read this book. I'm new to T.K. Barber, so I had no expectations going in. But after reading that blurb? I just had a feeling it was going to either be a 5 star read or a dud.... there was no in betw
Amelia Foster
Oct 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
HELD is the first in the Twin Bay Saga series that focuses on a mob run town that is occupied by not one, but two rival families. And when I say rival I mean this is a long, deep, and twisted battle between the two that takes NO prisoners. No one is safe from the corruption and devious minds of those in charge.

Unfortunately for Scarlet, she finds this out first hand when she gets mugged one night. Fortunately this turn of events brings a sexy hero to her rescue. The mysterious stranger saves her
Jenb
Oct 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Where to begin? This mob suspense STORY will stick with you for days, weeks, and months all the while having you checking the calendar for the release day of book 2. YES! This is a series. And when I saw who the main character was on the cover of book 2, I ugly cried some more. Seriously. All the waterproof mascara, people. Back to this book. So. This book will leave you raw. In the best way. Your feelings are taken on an amazing journey through a story crafted by a master. Really. I felt like I ...more
Kenneth Barber
Oct 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I don’t normally read romance. Having said that, Held is so much more than just a romance novel. There are elements of mystery, suspense, thriller and crime all wrapped up in the love story of Nick and Scarlet. These characters have depth and believability. The plot is quick paced and keeps you wondering what’s around the next corner, a love interest or a gun!
Twin Bay is a seedy, dirty town where law abiding citizens find themselves on the endangered list. I was caught up in the intrigues betwe
CS
Oct 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow! First time reading from this author and what a dark treat it was!
If dark Mobster romances are your thing, this is a must read for you.
I loved the multiple POVs and the simultaneous storylines that intersected with one another.
Scarlet and Nick, Tommy and Annalise, and even a few other relationships that are cleverly hinted at.
Extremely violent and gritty environment where true passion and love developed during desperate times.
Well written tale woven to create a deeper storyline that was
Kristin MacQueen
Sep 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Tk Barber does an amazing job of pulling you into the lives of Nick, Scarlet, Annalise and Thomas. I fell in love with the four of them from the very beginning, but especially Thomas. You feel their pain and heartache as you read Held. Nick and Scarlet are perfect for each other but Thomas and Annalise stole my heart, they are absolutely adorable together. I couldn’t put this book down, I had to know what was going to happen next. TK did a great job at keeping me guessing throughout the book. I ...more
Theresa Doherty
Oct 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow a guessing game the whole time, wrong place wrong time, or a hitman with someone else pulling the strings. How Nick, Scarlett, Steven, and Annalise play a part in this story will have you begging for more.

Taralynn Moore
Sep 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Her words will leave you spinning, her characters with your heart aching yet somehow full of hope. Nic is a beautifully broken male lead with a complex layer of motivations and triggers, quite literally. Take a deep breath, have the comfort vices ready, and jump into this breathless ride of a T.K. Barber read.
Karen
Oct 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
A captivating, dark suspenseful romance story. Intriguing well-developed characters. The well-written book kept my attention throughout, enjoyed reading. I have voluntarily chosen to read and review this book.
Danielle Pays
Oct 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this mafia romantic suspense. The characters are well written and I found myself pulling a bad guy that is really a good guy. I'll definitely be reading more of TK Barber's books.
Jeeves
Oct 03, 2019 rated it liked it
While I definitely enjoyed parts of this story, the writing itself didn’t have an overly polished feel. I’m not sure exactly how to describe it, but the style made it difficult to truly immerse myself into the story and get lost in the book. That being said, it’s a unique premise with a hero who would be an absolutely great guy... if not for the terrible things he’s been forced to do. I can honestly say that I’ve never read a book quite like this one, and it was quite the ride.

The story follows
Eva Thomason
Jun 20, 2019
T.K. Barber
Aug 05, 2019 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Lilian Harris