Start by marking “The Curious Conspiracy on Gamma Ceti” as Want to Read:
The Curious Conspiracy on Gamma Ceti

The Curious Conspiracy on Gamma Ceti

Invasion of the Body Snatchers meets Rainbow Rowell in Nemo West’s YA sci-fi adventure debut The Curious Conspiracy on Gamma Ceti.

At the remote colony on planet Gamma Ceti, Dex’s classmates treat him like a worthless nobody. But he dreams of being something more, like the hero of his favorite adventure books, Dirk Dasher. Dirk would know how to talk to the exotic new girl
Published August 20th 2019 by Kenneth E Floro III

To ask other readers questions about The Curious Conspiracy on Gamma Ceti, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Curious Conspiracy on Gamma Ceti

Vivienne
Thank you to Kenneth Floro for making available a digital edition of Nemo West’s ‘The Curious Conspiracy on Gamma Ceti’ in exchange for an honest review.

On the colony planet of Gamma Ceti, high school student Dexter (Dex) Carpenter dreams of adventure though is tormented and bullied. After being subject to a rather nasty prank, he accidentally skips class and runs into Tabitha (Tab)Tempest, a new girl from Earth and his secret crush.

The two eventually become friends and Tabitha reveals that she
Kay Mcleer
Aug 07, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I had such a trip reading This book, there's so many things that happen and I really enjoyed reading it. The characters were good and I enjoyed the author's style.
Kristi Drillien
Aug 08, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley

Gamma Ceti is a planet in another galaxy, with a remote colony of vaguely religious people living in a vaguely 20th century world. Dex is an outcast in his class, which essentially means he’ll be an outcast for life, because of the closed-off and tight-knit nature of this community. When a new girl arrives from Earth, he’s infatuated by her, but too timid to approach her. However, it’s not long before an encounter with a bully forces Dex onto Tabitha’s radar, and then life really change
Eileen
3-3.5 stars

When I first started this book, I wasn't sure how I felt about it because I was thinking of it as a book for teens or maybe older middle school kids. But then the f-bomb was dropped, followed by some pretty explicit sex and I was jarred thinking I wouldn't really feel comfortable recommending this to my teens or any of my students. There was also a fair bit of violence, some described quite vividly. So I adjusted the target audience in my mind to young adult and read it from that pers
Beulah Jenifer
Aug 20, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Dexter Carpenter(Dex) goes to Saint McIntyre's Academy in Gamma Ceti, a colony in Electra star system. There's a new girl in the colony from Earth, Tabitha Tempest(Tab) who is secretly admired by Dex.

Dex gets bullied every other day in school by Travis. On a fine day, he gets bullied which leads him, to skip the morning Mass. He comes across Tab who has skipped the Mass as well. Together they skip the Mass every day and hang out in Journalism Office in the school basement.

As the days pass, they
Urszula
Anita Glover Stevenson
Ann Ellis
Jul 29, 2019
Adventure has always fascinated Nemo, whether his heroes soar among the stars, probe the depths of haunted caverns, or triumph over the cruelty of everyday villains. Inspiration came from writers such as Harlan Ellison, Robert E. Howard, and Jack London. In addition, many non-literary sources also fed his imagination, from Gene Rodenberry to George Lucas to Gary Gygax.

Nemo lives in Saint Louis wit