Start by marking “Canceled: Inside YouTube Cancel Culture” as Want to Read:
Canceled: Inside YouTu...

Chris Boutté

Canceled: Inside YouTube Cancel Culture

Published July 22nd 2018

To ask other readers questions about Canceled, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Canceled

Start your review of Canceled: Inside YouTube Cancel Culture
Jennifer Owens
Aug 21, 2019 rated it did not like it
This book is nothing more than rantings from an ego-maniac who thinks he knows more about mental health than licensed practitioners. In my personal opinion, which has been formed through watching his YouTube videos, is that he is hypocritical, pompous, and condescending. He lacks self-awareness, and his morals/values are heavily dependent on whatever narrative he’s attempting to promote at the time.

As far as the subject of the book, if you want an objective, unbiased look at “cancel culture”,
Brandy's Reviews
Jul 28, 2019 rated it did not like it
This guy is a quack. He isn't respected on YouTube. He says he's a social commentary channel, but really he is a channel that acts like he knows more than a licensed therapist. He gives out dangerous information. He harasses other Youtubers who don't agree with him. He has even compared himself (on his Twitter account) to a 13 year old child getting beat up to him being canceled on YouTube . This man is a joke. I read his other book "rewire your anger" and it didn't give me anymore information ...more
Amber Atkins
Aug 04, 2019 rated it did not like it
Anomaly
I discovered this book when Primink made a video about it. Since his coverage sparked my interest, I decided to read it for myself to form my own opinion. Knowing it had the potential bonus of being a serious expose on the disgusting effects of cancel culture and why it needs to be ended, I was actually a little fascinated.

Unfortunately, I ended up frustrated and disgusted. Time and again, Chris recounts moments where he repeated a toxic cycle of bad behaviour. While doing this, he preemptively
Anna
Oct 04, 2019 rated it did not like it
This book is NOT edited! I’m not really into You Tube but thought it looked interesting enough. It was not! This seems as if it’s written from the perspective of someone that always thinks the problem is everyone else and never them. The chapters are all over the place and did not tell me anything about cancel culture.
Leigh
Dec 26, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I discovered this book through Primink's YouTube video specifically reading the sections where Chris wrote about him. I had vaguely followed the "drama" surrounding Chris, initially wanting to give him the benefit of the doubt and form my own opinion. As someone who is in recovery, I usually like to support those who are also sober and trying to help others. This book, definitely solidified my opinion regarding what I think of him.

When reading the brief synopsis of what Chris says will be
Mariana Castro
I've been suscribed to Chris' channel for some time now and his videos have helped me change my outlook on all things mental health and I'm really grateful for him and the things he does to help people.

When shit hit the fan last March, I wasn't really in on the situation and I never really took the time to figure out why so many channels were angry or upset with him/his content. It wasn't until I read this book that I found out how bad the situation really got. Personally, I see little to no
Tristin Gould

• Summer Frost
  • Emergency Skin
  • Ark
  • You Have Arrived at Your Destination
  • Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark (Scary Stories, #1)
  • Will Williams (Disorder collection)
  • At Daddy's Hands: Courage Knows No Age
  • The Locker Room
  • Bittersweet: 14 Macabre Tales of Love and Loss
  • Sink or Swim (Beach Kingdom, #3)
  • Lost Souls