Start by marking “Shelf Awareness (Green Valley Library, #4)” as Want to Read:
Shelf Awareness (Green Valley Library, #4)

Shelf Awareness

(Green Valley Library #4)

After catching her husband in a compromising position, the last thing that Finley Granger wants is to enter the insanity that is the dating world. She’s dealing with enough upheaval: she’s quit her job as a journalist in Atlanta to start over as a librarian in the backwoods town of Green Valley, Tennessee. But her grandmother has other ideas. When GramBea teams up with her ...more
ebook
Published November 19th 2019 by Smartypants Romance

To ask other readers questions about Shelf Awareness, please sign up.
Stacy Knox They are connected but you can read these as standalone and be fine. Although, I recommend reading them all. They’re fantastic!!

Start your review of Shelf Awareness (Green Valley Library, #4)
Kim
Sep 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 4-5-stars
Finley thought her life in Atlanta was going well with her Chief Editor job, husband, and plans to have kids...until it all imploded in an instant. Totally blindsided, she flees to her GramBea's house in the small town, Green Valley, Tennessee. Now she is living with three senior ladies including her Great Aunt Dot and their friend, Estelle and working in the town library. A big life change, but also a wake-up call to who she had let herself become.

She never expected to meet a tall, dark, and handsome man i
Shauna Leslie
Sep 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was Fantastic. I absolutely loved all of the characters Katie places in the book. Finely’s strength and ability to find herself was very well written without being over the top or allowing her to wallow in self pity over her situation. Zeke’s character was nothing short of a true gentleman. Let’s not fall short of Fineley’s grandma and her crew. A total riot these older ladies were. This book had all the elements, heartbreak, anger, love and best of all a ton of humor.
M.E. Carter
I'm done. It's all over. I've read all the SPU books. WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO DO WITH MY LIFE NOW?!?!?
Cassandra Martin
Oct 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book had me laughing out loud so many times!

'"Life is too short, and too precious to dick around and not go after what you want." I snorted, "That should be embroidered on a throw pillow"'

Finely and Zeke find each other when they are both at a transition in their lives. Finely is going through a divorce with her cheating ex, and Zeke is on the search for his birth parents.

Zeke is a handsome IT professional, Cosplaying nerd, and he OWNS it! Finely's Grandmother, her grand-Aunt, and godmot
Annan Tiernan
Sep 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Another fabulous Katie Ashley southern story. The relationship Finley has with her grandmother and friends is so enlightening and entertaining. Zeke and Finley together are terrific!!! Each of them has a story to tell...together they can take on the world!
Raelene Barns
Oct 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What an awesome read, enjoy both Katie Ashley and Penny Reid, throw in a cross over characters and you have created a great book
Smartypants Romance
Aug 07, 2019 marked it as to-read

We are incredibly excited to announce the lovely and wonderful Katie Ashley Romance's book for Smartypants Romance! 'Shelf Awareness' is a full-length contemporary romantic comedy, can be read as a standalone, and is book #4 in the Green Valley Library series!

RELEASE DATE: November 19, 2019

Add to your shelf on Goodreads:  https://apple.co/2OJOTha
Nook: https://bit.ly/33le8cX
Google Play: http://bit.ly/2Kkdx3W
Add to your shelf on Goodreads: http://bit.ly/2ZGlFAO

(HEADS UP: This book will have no Amazon pre-order!)

** Blurb **
After catching her husband in a compromising position, Finley Granger finds herself in a new hell: reentering the dating world. When she moves in with her grandmother, her great-aunt, and their best friend, Finley finds herself surrounded by a trio of well-meaning yet bumbling matchmakers.

In spite of their efforts, Finley only has eyes for one person, and that’s Zeke Masters—the 6’4”, impossibly built, and ridiculously good-looking new man in town. Along with her nether regions, Finley’s journalistic spidey-senses tingle as to why he’s on sabbatical from Seattle. Is he on the lam or escaping a bad breakup? What's his story?!?!

As Finley finds herself reluctantly drawn to the gorgeous IT guy, she can’t help but wonder: should she indulge in a rebound tryst with the mysterious Zeke, or has she finally met her match?

'Shelf Awareness' is a full-length contemporary romantic comedy, can be read as a standalone, and is book #4 in the Green Valley Library series, Green Valley World, Penny Reid Book Universe.

Caitlin Reads
Nov 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book was hilarious! Finley moves into her grandmother’s house after she discovers her husband has been cheating on her. She quickly runs into Zeke who is in Green Valley to find his birth parents while working as an IT professional at the library. There is immediate chemistry between them but Finley is hesitant as she’s coming out of a marriage and romance is the last thing she thinks she needs. I loved Zeke! He was a hot nerd in the best possible way and he was proud of it. He was just a r ...more
Heather Miller
Sep 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I recieved a copy of Shelf Awareness for an early review, and I am so thrilled to have been able to read this. While Finley's marriage has fallen apart (absolutely worst way possible too!) instead of staying around to mope or torture herself, she's quits her job in Atlanta and moves to a small (key word: SMALL) town in East Tennessee. While there, she is able to reinvent herself - new career and new love interest!

I thought the story with Zeke was great. It's not often that the hero i
Angie Reed
Nov 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Finely wanted to surprise her husband but she ended up the surprised one. Now she is back in Green Valley piecing her life back together she she meets Zeke. Sometimes when life closes a door it opens a much better one. I couldn’t put this book down!
Sheena ☆ Oh, the Sheenanigans!

It wasn't completely terrible and I did like how the author included a diverse lead hero but nevertheless it was still mediocre at best and I wasn't completely won over. With that being said, I'm not sure if it's just me or not but the smartypants romances just weren't cutting it and it's become more than a struggle to find anything remotely likable about them. Is it just me or…?
Kelly
Nov 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
*rubs hands together* Okay. We're back in Green Valley--and the Green Valley Public Library, to be precise--where Finley retreats to her grandmother's house after finding out her husband is cheating on her. (As an aside, Finley is WAY chill about the entire situation. More so than I personally thought she should be, but I'm starting to think I'm a deeply vindictive person who longs to see cheats and liars get their just desserts in the most Cletus way possible.)

Needless to say, Finle
Curlyhairlass19
Nov 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs
4.5 stars!

This book was my first Katie Ashley book, and it was so delightfully good!! Right off the bat this story threw me for a loop for reasons I won’t divulge..ya just gotta read, and find out what! Love being in GreenValley of course, and as all the other SPR authors have done such an amazing job in bringing those Penny feels, Katie delivers awesomeness as well.

I fell in love with Zeke. He was just plum amazin’, and Perfect! I love that he was heavy into Cosplay, and such a sexy nerd. Lov
Chelé
Nov 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was my first Katie Ashley book and that's been one of my favorite parts about reading some of the smarty pants romance books, getting to read new to me authors!

Can you imagine working with a personal trainer for months, getting all dolled up and sexy to surprise your husband for a night he won't forget only to come home and walk in on something devastating and shocking! Betrayal at the highest level AND there's a twist to this deception that had my jaw hitting my kindle! Fuck you Grant!

So
Fiona
Sep 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Finley leaves Atlanta still reeling from the demise of her marriage. She goes to Green Valley to stay with her grandmother, godmother, and aunt. She is reluctant to jump into dating again but her family has other ideas. She meets Zeke, who is on a sabbatical in Green Valley and her curiosity is piqued. This story is funny, sweet, and sexy. I love the chemistry between Finley and Zeke, but I equally love Finley’s rapport with her loving but interfering family. I really enjoyed this book…it is wel ...more
Carissa
I loved this one! I just loved how the whole story played out. A bit unexpected in some parts and it was funny too! Cute ending.

I received this book at my request and have voluntarily left this unbiased review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.
A
Nov 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, contemporary
I voluntarily reviewed an early copy of this book :) this is technically the fourth book in the Green Valley library series, which is part of a much bigger Pennyverse, that I will explain in a moment, but it works perfectly well as a standalone, so even if you are brand new to this author or world, you can easily pick it up and enjoy :) you get all the necessary informations about the main couple in this story, and even though there are definitely interesting appearances from other people who al ...more
Lori
Finley and Zeke

I really enjoyed this book! Finley has put some time and effort into improving herself, in part to help her marriage. Then she catches her husband cheating on her and her life is turned upside down. She leaves the big city and moves to the small town of Green Valley to stay with her grandmother. At her new job at the library she meets Zeke. Zeke is spending sometime away from his home and meets Finley while volunteering at the library.

Zeke is not who Finley expects hi
Dru
Aug 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book was so adorable! I loved getting to know Finley and Zeke! (As well as the new characters in Green Valley).
JG
Shelf Awareness is the fourth standalone book in the Green Valley Library series, that is part of the Green Valley world from the Penny Reid Universe.
Every episode of this series (and I'm calling them that since Green Valley has now become my favorite show to read!) continuously amazes me, not just for the vast and diverse writing styles of such talented authors but that Green Valley has spawned so many fantastic characters and this is just from the library! The variety is both astounding and m
Ashley
Nov 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
“It won’t be a new life until you start living it.”

Finley Granger needs a fresh start. After quitting her job and moving in with her grandmother, aunt and godmother, she gets that new start in Green Valley, Tennessee, where she gets a job at Green Valley Library and meets the mysterious Zeke.

“‘You think I’m mysterious?’ I nodded. ‘No one seems to know anything about you.’ ‘I know about me. All you had to do was ask.’”

This was my first novel by the hilarious Katie Ashley. There were se
Misty Warner
Nov 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I voluntarily read and reviewed an ARC of this book. This is the 4th book in the series and is a standalone. Each book in the series is written by a different author but all take place in Green Valley.
Finley has just found out her husband has been having an affair. With a broken heart she flees to Green Valley to live with her grandmother. Despite her protest GramBea won't let her wallow in self pity and insist on getting her a job at the local library.
Zeke has been volunteering his
Messy Bun Book Blog
Nov 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelf Awareness is maybe the most perfect RomCom!! I haven’t laughed, cringed with awkwardness (trust me...you’ll know when you get there), & swooned at a book this much in forever! Finley is hilarious and awesome! I loved that we meet her at maybe the worst moment in her life, and that throughout the book we get to see her find herself and regain her confidence!
Zeke is so adorkable!! I loved that he is so open and friendly. Gahhh! I loved these two together. They had so much unstoppable ch
Tracy Ashley
Nov 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Finley leaves Atlanta quite upset over the end of her marriage, she heads home to Green Valley to stay with her grandmother, godmother, and aunt until she can get back on her feet. While she wants to nurse her broken heart, her family has other ideas and she finds herself interviewing for a new job and meeting a whole group of people she is excited to call friends. She also meets Zeke, a sexy nerd and the very swoon worthy IT guy for the library. His nerdy ideas of fun might just be what it take ...more
Nov 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was such a great read and a wonderful addition to the Green Valley family of books. There were many laugh out loud moments with Finley and Zeke, Finley and her grandmother and friends, and just Finley trying to navigate life being single again. I thoroughly enjoyed this read from Katie Ashley.
Elaine
Nov 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I've read a couple books by this author but this was one is her best! The emotions is this book ran high from the very first chapter!
Finley comes home to Green Valley because of a failed marriage, to learn self discovery, to move on with her life and maybe to find love again! Zeke also comes to Green Valley to find himself alao in more ways than one!
Will Finley and Zeke find themselves together in all this or will unforeseen circumstances come between them?
Heather andrews
Nov 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Zeke is such a good man, “Finley, I couldn’t care less if you streaked through here naked. All that matters to me is you’re having a good time.” I liked this book, I really liked Zeke.
Katie Ashley
Oct 21, 2019 is currently reading it  ·  (Review from the author)
OMG! It's getting so close to the release of Shelf Awareness. If the reviews are true, you're going to laugh until you cry...or pee!
PREORDER TODAY!
Goodreads: http://bit.ly/2ZGlFAO

photo GVL04-3DAYS_zps6uomlxyt.jpg
Lisa Zeigler
Sep 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
I was so excited to read this story, part of the new Smartypants Romance series, organized by Ms. Penny Reid, who’s writing I adore. I was happy to see that Ms. Ashley would be part of this amazing group of writers to expand on the ‘Pennyverse’. I was thrilled to spend time in Green Valley again with several references to people and places from Ms. Reid’s Winston Brothers series.

Finley starts out the story with a major life shift and her GramBea encourages her to visit her in Green V
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Stud Muffin (Donner Bakery, #2)
  • Weight Expectations (Cipher Office, #1)
  • Happy Trail (Park Ranger, #1)
  • No Whisk No Reward (Donner Bakery, #3)
  • Baking Me Crazy (Donner Bakery, #1)
  • Code of Conduct (Cipher Security, #1)
  • Sticking to the Script (Cipher Office #2)
  • My Bare Lady (Scorned Women's Society, #1)
  • Tacker (Arizona Vengeance, #5)
  • Gypsy King (Tin Gypsy, #1)
  • Heidi's Guide to Four Letter Words
  • Outmatched
  • The Royal Rogue (Nordic Royals #4)
  • Beard Necessities (Winston Brothers, #7)
  • Code Name: Sentinel (Jameson Force Security, #2)
  • Dirty Letters
  • Team Player 2: A Sports Anthology
  • Stealing Her (Covet, #1)
Katie Ashley is a New York Times, USA Today, and Amazon Top Ten Best-Selling author of both Indie and Traditionally published books. She's written rockers, bikers, manwhores with hearts of gold, New Adult, and Young Adult. She lives outside of Atlanta, Georgia with her daughter, Olivia, her Heeler-Mix, Belle, and her two cats, Harry Potter and Hermoine. She has a slight obsession with Pinterest, T ...more

Green Valley Library (4 books)
  • Love in Due Time (Green Valley Library, #1)
  • Crime and Periodicals (Green Valley Library #2)
  • Prose Before Bros (Green Valley Library, #3)
“GramBea leaned in to give Naomi a hug along with the small-town “swapping sugar” kiss on the cheek.” 0 likes
“taking notice of the first new male peen that came my way. Especially a mysterious peen that could be in town for nefarious purposes.” 0 likes