Start by marking “My Bare Lady (Scorned Women's Society, #1)” as Want to Read:
My Bare Lady (Scorned Women's Society, #1)

My Bare Lady

(Scorned Women's Society #1)

Suzie Samuels is the only thing standing between Clifford and his life’s work. All he has to do is change everything about her. Perception creates reality and Clifford Rutledge needs the irascible stripper to prove it.

Suzie Samuels is set to prove once and for all she’s more than Short Fuse Suze, stripper for the Black Demons and renowned motorcycle arsonist. If all it
ebook
Published November 12th 2019 by Smartypants Romance

Start your review of My Bare Lady (Scorned Women's Society, #1)
Penny Reid
Aug 06, 2019 marked it as to-read

I can't even... I CANNOT!
DJ Sakata
My Rating:

3.5

Favorite Quotes:

Then his words registered. I was half tempted to chase after him just to smack him upside the head. “Ma’am?!” Me? I was equal parts confused and offended. My outfit hardly covered my nipples and he called me something we call ol’ Mrs. Albensi when we saw her at the Piggly Wiggly. I’m not a ma’am, I’m a miss. I’m still in my twenties! Technically.

Now wasn’t going to be the best time to talk to him but the words had tumbled out after days of preparing them. I guess
Nicole Emerald Book Reviews  McCurdy
My Bare Lady by Piper Sheldon
( @Smartypants Romance )

#Review #PreorderNow #SmartypantsRomance

‘“It’s okay you know,” she said without looking up.

“What is?”

“To have a little fire in you.”’

My Bare Lady is a deliciously wicked, grittier and absolutely unique, yet spellbinding love story, one that gives you permission to be exactly who you are and who you were always meant to be.

In fact, it celebrates those differences and teaches you to look beyond the facade, beyond the gossip and the taunting
Smartypants Romance
Aug 06, 2019 marked it as to-read

We are incredibly excited to announce the wonderfulPiper Sheldon's book for Smartypants Romance! 'My Bare Lady' is a full-length contemporary romantic comedy, can be read as a standalone, and is book #1 in the Scorned Women's Society series (y)

RELEASE DATE: November 12, 2019

** PRE-ORDER LINKS **
Apple Books:https://apple.co/2ZClqHi
Nook:https://bit.ly/2GMyDWj
Google Play:https://bit.ly/2ZCltms
Add to your shelf on Goodreads:https://bit.ly/2YprBSq

(HEADS UP: This book will have no Amazon pre-order!)

Piper Sheldon
Jul 26, 2019 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
lazybookconqueror
4.5 Stars

My Bare Lady is the first book in the Scorned Women's Society Series, a brilliant spin-off of the Green Valley Universe stared by the ladies that were "dumped" by Jethro Winston, back in his womanizer days.

We follow the somewhat tragic story of Suzie Samuels (aka Short Fuse Suze), a stripper and dancer for The Black Demons, the rival gang motorcycle club of the Iron Wraiths.

Suzie is getting deeper and deeper into the club life, and she just can't see the way out. She's judged only by
Sheena ☆ Oh, the Sheenanigans!

I was pleasantly surprised by how much I liked this opposites attract romance novel and I thought despite the differences between the leads, they mesh well together. I will notate that I wish there was a bit more sizzle in their relationship and some steamy scenes that would have made this a killer read but overall, it wasn't too bad.
Caitlin Reads
Oct 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
I was so excited when I heard about this book and even more so when I received an ARC for it. What could be better than a modern retelling of My Fair Lady?! I also loved the tie it with the scorned women’s society filled with Jethro’s old girlfriends. The characters really won this book for me. I really loved Suzie aka Short Fuse. You may remember her as the girl who set fire to Jethro’s motorcycle but we came to learn that she is so much more than she even gave herself credit for. Suzie was ...more
justine
Jul 31, 2019 marked it as to-read
(from the author): "OH SNAP! I cannot wait for y'all to start meeting the women Jethro left behind..."

a book series on all of jethro's exes..... this concept omg sajknk it's so funny but i love it??? sign me the hell up
Curlyhairlass19
Shelves: arcs
4.5 mother clucking stars!

I loved so much about this book, but most of all I’ve fallen in love with Piper Sheldon’s writing. This was my first time reading her work, and I look forward to reading more from her. This book had everything that I enjoy in a read. I love a redeeming love story when someone doesn’t see their worth, value or their true selves. I feel like both Suzie and Ford has awakenings within themselves.

This story had action, suspense, amazing chemistry between the hero and
Emily Neilsen
Oct 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Susie is scorned and Clifford (oh Ford) are so much fun. The wonderful and imaginative take on My Fair Lady is a fun read but also with some tears because Smarty pants books and authors love emotions. I hope everyone enjoys this book as much as I did.
Cassandra Martin
Sep 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
My Bare Lady

The first book of the Scorned Women Society, My Bare Lady knocked it out of the park! If you're familiar with Penny Reid's characters, one of Jethro's exes, Suzie, also known as Short Fuse Suze, is the most well known of the exes, and the one that set fire to Jethro's motorcycle.

As much as you go into this book wanting to not like Suzie, this book changes EVERYTHING. The author has a way of grabbing my emotions, I could feel Suzie's fear and helplessness. Suzie is a good person, who
M.E. Carter
No really. Where has Piper Sheldon been all my life?
Jypsy
Nov 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Thank you Social Butterfly and the author for a complimentary copy. I voluntarily reviewed this book. All opinions expressed are my own.

By: Piper Sheldon

*REVIEW*
Once again, we take a peek at life in Green Valley, Tennessee in the Pennyverse. My Bare Lady is a retelling of the classic, My Fair Lady, and is a different sort than the other stories I have read in this series. It is a darker, edgy raw story that presents thought provoking situations and ideas centered around women
amberreadsromance
Oct 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: those who like slow burns
Shelves: arc-2019, romance, angst
4.5 stars!

So I'll admit that I stayed up until 1am to finish this book in a day! Piper Sheldon is a new author to me so I didn't know what to expect and I'll have to say I'm quite impressed! The writing was great and I loved the characters. I also just loved the story overall. I was intrigued from the first few pages and I knew that I was going the book. I honestly want more of these two!!

Suzie and Ford are like night and day. Suzie is a 'dancer' and is trying to make somewhat of a life for
Erica Testa
Sep 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
My Bare Lady
This book was amazingly well written and I literally could not put it down.... I’m talking- walking around reading, making dinner reading, etc etc. I think I highlighted every other page, there were a lot of quote gems, I feel like it’s to hard to pick a favorite to share.
Short fuse Suze (Suzie Samuels) we heard about her in Penny Reid’s Winston brothers series, and I’ll be honest- it was hard reading about how Jethro used to be. Her story was/is not a nice, fluffy one, but, she
Amy Dickinson
Overall Grade: ++

One of my favorite movies of all time is My Fair Lady. I’m a HUGE musicals kind of girl, and Audrey Hepburn and Rex Harrison have a chemistry that just seems to work in a way that seems unexplainable. Plus, I’m a girl who loves a makeover story, especially one that changes both the hero and heroine. In her newest book, My Bare Lady, Piper Sheldon treats us to a spin on this Pygmalion story, and it’s everything you love about romance.

Suzie aka “Short Fuse Suze” is a stripper at
TabReads
Nov 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So. Many. Feels.

This story. Whew. I mean it went places I wasn’t expecting it to. The depth and trauma these two have been through in their lives is heartbreaking. They have cargo holds worth of baggage and yet they were able to find each other.

Rocking chemistry, medium-low heat, dual perspective, and some amazing story crafting. It is an excellent addition to the Green Valley Universe. I can’t wait to read about more Scorned Women.
Diane (Books and Tequila Blog)
Love, Love, love this modern day redo of Pygmalion (My Fair Lady) A very original take on this classic. It is a little on the darker, grittier side than your average RomCom.

“Your issue is not that you don’t feel, Ford. Your issue is that you feel too much.” She smiled and put her head back on my racing heart.”
-4.5 Stars!-
My Full Review:
Lady Heather

"4-Stars!"

Review to come. :)

"I'm voluntarily reading an ARC of this book which has been provided by SocialButterFlyPR."
Beth Connolly
Oct 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Piper Sheldon takes opposites attract to the next level with this Smartypants Romance novel. The first standalone in an all-new Green Valley series, Penny Reid fans are going to flip for the Scorned Women's Society. I'm already wondering which one of Jethro's past lady loves will be getting her own happily ever after. Because if Piper shows us anything, it's that these misunderstood cast-offs deserve to be stars and stand on their own. That's what My Bare Lady does. It shines bright in the Penny ...more
Fal
Aug 07, 2019 is currently reading it
8/7/2019: *Heavy Breathing* just a few more months...
tai
Ever since I read the synopsis for My Bare Lady, I've been incredibly excited to start it! I loved the idea of a My Fair Lady retelling, as well as the idea of reading about some of Jethro's old "girlfriends." And I really enjoyed this book!

First of all, I just loved Suzie. I love reading about strong female characters, and I also love stories where you get to witness the character's growth as it progresses. Suzie, in so many different ways, broke my heart. There were many moments in the book
Kelly
Nov 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Outstanding, with complicated, layered characters you feel for with laughter, love, and tears

Book 1 in the Scorned Women’s Society, part of the Penny Reid book universe, Green Valley world, this is another new to me author. This can easily be read as a standalone; while reading Grin and Beard It, Jethro’s story, would probably help fill in a little background, that Jethro is very different from the Iron Wraiths’ Jethro who inspired the Scorned Women’s Society.

I expected an updated take on My
Scroll
Nov 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
When reading a book feels like watching a movie

Lately I’ve been wondering about all the bad girls and what happens to them after they are used as drama devices in romance novels, shown as heartless bitches, used up and thrown away by the male leads, to be slut shamed and laughed at.

Here is one. The super hot ultimate ex girlfriend. So dumb and so wild. How could she ever be the love interest in a romance and get a happy ever after. I was captured.

Suzie is in a bit of a life slump that’s been
Cassie May
Reviewed on behalf of 3 Degrees of Fiction Blog
My last book in the first collection of smartypants romance and it feels like the end of an era. Seriously this amazing world all those talented authors developed and blew life into is nothing short of wonderful and I’m so looking forward to the next season. After so many good books I expected a lot from this one. I hadn’t read a book of Piper Sheldon before, but I will start now. This book was the perfect conclusion to the first season smartypants
Dali
The world of the SmartyPants Romance by Penny Reid keeps on growing with Piper Sheldon launch of the Scorned Women’s Society series in which we get to know Suzie Samuels, one of Jethro Winston’s many exes.

Suzie, also known as Short Fuse Suze, wants more out of life than being a stripper for the Black Demons MC. With lots of work and the aid of the handsome yet nerdy professor she might be able to pull it off.

Clifford Rutledge needs funding for his investigations which will help him change the
Lisa Mandina
Nov 20, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was a little unsure about this one, again, I'm not a big MC romance reader, but the premise sounded pretty good, and I've pretty much loved all the books I've read in the SmartyPants Romance world so far, so I had to read it. After reading this one, I understand that the title of the series, Scorned Women's Society is probably going to have to do with all of Jethro Winston's past hookups. And you may color me very intrigued for this series! So I definitely think I remember hearing about our ...more
Shanda
Nov 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing

My Bare Lady is Piper Sheldon’s version of My Fair Lady and it was hands down my favorite of all the Smarty Pants romance books. My Bare Lady is the first book in the Scorned Women Society series. It takes on the women that Jethro Winston left behind. There is nothing better for me as reader than a strong heroine and Suzie Samuels was badass.

This is also my first Piper Sheldon book and I am shocked that she hasn’t written very many books. I need her to write more stat! I am hoping that she
Sita
Oct 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-read
My first Piper Sheldon book and I'm blown away by how wonderful this story is.

I'm a massive fan of Penny Reid's 'Winston Brothers' series, it's one of my all time favourites. And I love getting to Green Valley. Seeing other authors enter and extend this world is fantastic for readers like me that want more. And this story is a brilliant addition. Even on its own Piper has written a brilliant story - so for those of you unfamiliar with what I might be talking about, have no fear, you won't get
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• No Whisk No Reward (Donner Bakery, #3)
  • Prose Before Bros (Green Valley Library, #3)
  • Crime and Periodicals (Green Valley Library #2)
  • Shelf Awareness (Green Valley Library, #4)
  • Stud Muffin (Donner Bakery, #2)
  • Love in Due Time (Green Valley Library, #1)
  • Sticking to the Script (Cipher Office #2)
  • Happy Trail (Park Ranger, #1)
  • Weight Expectations (Cipher Office, #1)
  • Code of Conduct (Cipher Security, #1)
  • Baking Me Crazy (Donner Bakery, #1)
  • Beard Necessities (Winston Brothers, #7)
  • Beard with Me (Winston Brothers, #6)
  • The One Night Stand Before Christmas (Reindeer Falls, #3)
  • Gilded Lily (Bennet Brothers, #2)
  • If You Give A Jerk A Gingerbread (Reindeer Falls, #2)
  • Geektastic (Dorky Duet, #2)
  • Maybe This Christmas
Visit me at pipersheldon.com and sign up for my newsletter here!
Piper Sheldon writes Contemporary Romance and Paranormal Romance. Her books are a little funny, a lotta romantic, and with just a little twist of something more. She lives with her husband, toddler, and two needy dogs at home in the desert Southwest. She finds writing bios in the third person an extreme sport of awkwardness.
“I was transfixed. It wasn’t just the way she mastered the room. It wasn’t just how her choreography perfectly correlated with the entrancing music. It wasn’t just her sex appeal. It was that unwavering gaze and focus on her task. To the rest of the room, staring blatantly at her admirable- ahem-assets, she was an object, but I recognize the barely controlled passion rolling under her skin. What would it be like to be that strong? Not just physically, but strong in a way that allowed her to bare her soul to a group of greedy strangers. My passions were locked away safely inside me and yet she had put it all out there. Such bravery and passion.” 0 likes
“Every step brought me closer to a line I never thought I'd cross. But this was my life. My choices had all led me to this point. There was no changing those facts without doing what Occum asked. I had to live this role a little longer if I wanted to be someone new.

But it didn't change the fact that with every step toward that room, I felt like I was giving something of myself away I could never get back.”
0 likes