Start by marking “Prose Before Bros (Green Valley Library, #3)” as Want to Read:
Prose Before Bros (Green Valley Library, #3)

Prose Before Bros

(Green Valley Library #3)

Nothing about being a librarian prepared Thuy Nguyen for such a wide variety of casseroles. Or life in a small town. Or becoming a farmer.

But what can she do when her catastrophe-prone best friend begs her for help? After all, Maddy has always been there for Thuy. It’s time to return the favor.

It’s simple really, all she has to do is: learn everythi
ebook
Published November 5th 2019 by Smartypants Romance

To ask other readers questions about Prose Before Bros, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Prose Before Bros

Start your review of Prose Before Bros (Green Valley Library, #3)
Dali
With Prose Before Bros, Cathy Yardley continues to expand the Green Valley Library series Green Valley native and Iron Wraith, Drill who is put between a rock and a hard place after his father’s funeral.

Thuy Nguyen was a city girl through and through. She was used to things such as WiFi. Having to move to a farm to help out her bestest friend ever was not in her plans and neither was falling for her muscly, sexy older brother. But she owed it to Maddy to stick around. And besides, th
lazybookconqueror
Nov 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars.

What happens when your best friend, the one who has been with your through it all, the one that's your person, needs you to move with her to the small town of Green Valley, manage a farm AND help raise her baby? Well, Thuy (pronounced Twee) is about to find out.

When I read the blurb I was expecting a rom-com scenario where two disaster-prone friends would learn how to navigate country life, but Prose before Bros is so much more than that.

It happens t
Smartypants Romance
Aug 04, 2019 marked it as to-read

We are SO excited to announce the wonderful Cathy Yardley's book for Smartypants Romance. 'Prose Before Bros' is a full-length contemporary romantic comedy, can be read as a standalone, and is book #3 in the Green Valley Library series.

RELEASE DATE: November 5, 2019

** PRE-ORDER LINKS **
Apple Books: https://apple.co/2YI1EwD
Nook: https://bit.ly/2T3b8NG
Google Play: https://bit.ly/2T3gKYo
Add to your shelf on Goodreads: https://bit.ly/2OFrxJR

(HEADS UP: This book will have no Amazon pre-order!)

** Blurb **

But what can she do when he
Caitlin Reads
Oct 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars! I wasn’t sure how I felt about this one going into it after reading about Drill aka Teddy in previous books. However, I was pleasantly surprised to find myself really rooting for him. I really enjoyed Thuy as a main character and loved the friendship between her and Maddy, her best friend from college and Drill’s sister. Drill comes home for the first time in 16 years after joining the Wraith’s. He really grew throughout the book with the help of Thuy to become the kind of man she wou ...more
Katie Ashley
Sep 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this opposites attract romance. Thuy was an amazing heroine full of sassiness and strength. With her fierce devotion to her best friend, Maddy, she's the type of friend of every woman should have in her life. Her passion for reading is intense, and it leads her to clash heads with the old guard at the Green Valley Public Library. She hasn't had it very easy with a traumatic childhood as the daughter of a California MC leader. Her past makes it difficult to imagine a present wi ...more
Bibliomedico
For more book Reviews / Recommendations / interviews ... Visit my Blog : https://bibliomedico.wordpress.com/
****************************
ARC provided by the publisher & Social Butterfly PR , Thanks for giving me the opportunity to read the book.
****************************
" They are my favorite thing ever . They gave me a place to go when my life was shitty , and they have continuously given me a reason to get out of bed in the morning . I read every single day . They're my lifeline "

I have to admit , I ADOR/>/>
M.E. Carter
Thuy is AMAZING!!!!
Beth
Oct 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
I had v mixed feelings about starting this book. On the one hand it was a Green Valley book by Cathy Yardley. A book based on one of my favourite series written by the author who introduced me to the world of contemporary romance. Before Level Up I was all about the historical romances. Not anymore!

On the other hand, it's about Drill, a member of the Wraiths. I just do not understand readers who find members of a criminal motorcycle gang attractive. I can't get past the drug dealing,
Elle aka Leftie aka Shoebelle
*ARC received in exchange for a review

2.5*

This is the 2nd ARC of the 2 that I requested from the Smartypants Romance universe that Penny Reid created. This caught my eyes because I saw the female MC is Asian based on her name. She’s of Vietnamese descent, I’m not, but I guess you can say racially adjacent so close enough. Not too many Asian MCs I’ve come across so far, so I was definitely intrigued. Then as it turns out, the male MC is Drill, which I didn't pay much attention to when I fir/>
Lady Heather

4-stars!

Good story!
Interesting characters, and great writing!

'Prose Before Bros' is a full-length contemporary romantic comedy, can be read as a standalone and is book#3 in the Green Valley Library series, Green Valley World, Penny Reid Book Universe.

"I voluntarily read as ARC of this book which was provided by SocialbutterflyPR."
Christine
Oct 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, asian-character
Thuy is A BOSS. I adored everything about her badass self. She knew herself and she saved herself. Unfortunately, I couldn't bring myself to like Drill and I wish she found someone, anyone else, in Green Valley.

I was especially thrilled for this installment in the Pennyverse because I wanted to see how a POC heroine could handle the fish out of water aspect of life in very rural, white Green Valley. Oh boy, did Thuy deliver. She was so strong in how she stood up to her family, stood by her frie
Melena Torretta
Nov 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019, arcs
Cathy Yardley has done a wonderful job creating interesting characters in the world of Green Valley! Prose Before Bros is different than any of her other books I have read before, but her wonderful storytelling and character development are definitely there.

Thuy and Drill were strong characters who each are at a point of change in their life. Thuy is in Green Valley to support her best friend Maddy, who is also Drill's sister. Drill has been part of the Iron Wraiths motorcycle club f
Jacqueline Francis
Oct 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely incredible!! The Green Valley Librarians series has been so good thus far and I didn’t know how this one would be. I was pleasantly surprised at how lovely and exceptional it is! This is a wonderful multicultural story that features a lot of drama, some humor, and plenty of library fangirling. You will not want to miss out on this!

I received a copy in exchange for an honest review.
Kelly
Oct 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I had NO idea I wanted Drill's story until I started reading this book. As one of the higher ups in the Iron Wraiths, Drill has been a background character in plenty of the goings on around Green Valley and, as it turns out, he's not as bad as the company he keeps would indicate.

In fact, when the guy manages to separate himself from them, he's not half bad at all. Maddy's situation and Thuy's presence while helping her out might have something to do with that. Or just, you know, a ge
JG
Prose Before Bros is the third book in the Green Valley Library Series. Green Valley Library Series is part of the Green Valley World, in the Penny Reid Universe, first popularized in her Winston Brothers series. The series is written by different authors but set in the same world as Ms. Reid's previous books. Therefore can be read as a standalone but with secondary characters that are familiar to fans of Ms. Reid.

Prose Before Bros, features a feisty city girl librarian, transplanted in Green Valley, T/>Prose“Prose
Erin Benson
Nov 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is a fabulous book. It has a real Romeo and Juliet vibe. There’s angst, but it’s for a good reason- not the manufactured angst that you see in a lot of romance.

Similar to Dr. Ken Miles in Sticking to the Script- man, who ever thought that Drill would be the one to root for?! I recall him as a very peripheral muscle-for-hire member of the Wraiths. And I think he was one of the ones who conned Beau into meeting with Christine St. Clair in Winston Book No. 4. But who would expect Drill to be
BookishStacy
Oct 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
Welp, I think Cathy Yardley just got herself a new fan! This was my first book by her and I LOVED IT!

Prose Before Bros is the third book in the Green Valley Public Library series but you can totally read it as a stand-alone.

When Maddy Blount's father dies, Thuy Nguyen comes to Green Valley with her very pregnant bestest friend to help her out. Thuy is a city girl through and through and doesn't quite know what to do with herself in this small town or on the Blount farm. The town isn
Rachel Barnard
Oct 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Thuy Nguyen is fully supportive of her best friend, Maddy… Even when Maddy returns to her childhood small town to become a farmer whilst pregnant and no baby-daddy insight. Small towns can be very judgmental and the local biker gang is no exception. It isn’t just the biker gang that harasses Maddy and Thuy, but one in particular is keen to bump into the duo of women. Maddy’s brother is a loyal member of the biker gang and he will have to decide between helping his sister or staying with his bike ...more
Andrea (Hammock and Read)
Thuy is not only the main lady character of this book but really she is the badass of the whole book. She is Maddy’s best friend from college who helps her come back to Green Valley to take care of things after Maddy’s father dies. Thuy is the best friend all women of the world need! She let the town think they are together, willing to move to help with the baby, and I mean to even learn how to farm! I mean Cal to small town Tenneasse would be HARD! These two are a very fun “couple” to read abou ...more
Angela's Book Addiction
Prose Before Bros (Green Valley Library #3) by Cathy Yardley is a slow burn, contemporary romantic comedy told in third person, dual POV. Although it's book three in Smartypants Romance's Green Valley Library series, it can be read as a complete standalone.

Librarian Thuy Nguyen is a city girl from California. She doesn't know anything about farming or small-town life. But when her single, pregnant, best friend, Maddy, inherits her father's forty-acre homestead, Thuy's determined to help her ou
Cassie May
Oct 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
Reviewed on behalf of 3 Degrees of Fiction Blog
This book is the first one in the Smartypants Romance universe that is not written in First Person POV, which was a nice surprise and no problem for me, but it might make it more difficult for other readers, to connect with the characters.
The story itself was a nice surprise from your “usual MC romance” book. It was completely different and ended surprisingly tame. We already knew Drill from previous Winston Brother books and I could not wait
Elizabeth Connor
Oct 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book, a part of the Green Valley collection from various authors. Drill/Teddy made a surprisingly sympathetic hero, despite his membership in the Wraiths. Thuy was an amazingly strong, brave heroine and it was easy to hope for the two of them to find happiness together. The tough part was imagining how that could be possible in any realistic scenario. I was thoroughly surprised by the eventual resolution of their dilemma. Not only did it actually make sense, but it also mad ...more
Cassandra Martin
Sep 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The was an excellent addition to the Smartypants Romance world. Cathy Yardley brought her characters to life in Green Valley, and it feels like you are in a Penny Reid book. The writing in the book is excellent, and it flows remarkably. I could not put this book down, and stayed up way past my bedtime to read. Once I started, this book drew you in and played out like a movie in my head.

Thuy is a librarian (and has the degree to prove it), and Drill (Teddy) is the current enforcer for the Iron W
Jess Reads2Much
Oct 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Guys I cannot begin to tell you how much I loved this book! Thuy and Drill were fire together, their chemistry was off the charts. Loved getting an inside look into the Iron Wraiths and adored that the MC was a woman of color... Not gonna lie The SmartyPants Romance universe is in severe need of some color, even small rural towns have diversity.

I think one of the things that stood out about the third installment of the Green Valley Library series was much like the 1st novel there was realistic
Oct 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Thuy is a freaking rockstar!! I just absolutely loved her loyalty to Maddy. And her love of books....it just spoke to my soul! She had this quiet strength and when you learn where it comes from it just made me admire her even more.
Drill....I wasn’t sure I was going to be a fan of him from past Green Valley reads, but I loved him! Watching his thought process play out and seeing the change was maybe my favorite part of the book.
The two of them together were oddly sweet. I enjoyed seeing them fi
Angie Reed
Nov 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
With the death of Drill’s father his sister Maddie has returned to town with her best friend and pregnant. Then Drill receives even more shocking news his father left him half the farm if he wanted.

Maddy wants to keep the farm but how will Drill convince the Wraiths to leave his sister and the farm alone? Doing a lot of soul searching and one spunky woman named Thuy Drill has a lot of choices to make that will drastically change his life.

So fun reading about Drill. So enjoy his ending!
Beth SHULAM
Oct 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
The third installment in the Green Valley Library series from Smartypants Romance.

This story involves redemption of a man who has involved himself in the Iron Raith MC Club. When his sister returns to Green Valley with Thuy Nyguen to stay and have her baby, he must decide if the Raith's or his real family are more important.

Thuy, with her own mysterious roots, becomes his key to a way out of the Club. She's incredibly strong willed and turns Drill's world upside down. ...more
Tracey Fandre
Nov 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
What a fun installment to the Smartypants group and the Green Valley setting. I loved the aspect of the MC and loved Drill (aka Teddy). Thuy (pronounced Twee) was an amazing friend and woman and I enjoyed the character of Drill's sister Maddie as well. What thrilled me most was the talk about YA books and the importance of them in the small town. This was my first Cathy Yardley book and I'm looking forward to checking out her others.
Kimberly Lund
Oct 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
I so rarely give five stars, but this could have been a 4.5. I didn’t expect much from this book. I’ve spent the last month immersed in Green Valley and I thought Drill could not be redeemed. I credit the author for not only changing my mind, but doing so in a way that made my heart ache. I like a very delicate balance between angst and happiness in my books and this was perfect. I love Thuy and Drill and their story was the best.
Margaret
Oct 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love reading Cathy Yardley's books. This book is an opposite attracts romance with an added bonus of some people from Penny Reid's books. Thuy was an awesome h. Drill was a different type of H, who was in a biker club, and really struggled with it. It was great watching Drill grow as a person, because of Thuy. Great story line for a great romance.

I received an ARC for an honest review.
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Stud Muffin (Donner Bakery, #2)
  • Sticking to the Script (Cipher Office #2)
  • Weight Expectations (Cipher Office, #1)
  • Happy Trail (Park Ranger, #1)
  • Code of Conduct (Cipher Security, #1)
  • Baking Me Crazy (Donner Bakery, #1)
  • No Whisk No Reward (Donner Bakery, #3)
  • My Bare Lady (Scorned Women's Society, #1)
  • Beard Necessities (Winston Brothers, #7)
  • War of Hearts
  • Beard with Me (Winston Brothers, #6)
  • Gypsy King (Tin Gypsy, #1)
  • Happy-Go-Lucky
  • Neutral Grounds
  • Discretion (The Dumonts, #1)
  • Maybe This Christmas
  • Twice in a Blue Moon
  • Wild Open Hearts (Bluewater Billionaires)
Cathy Yardley is an award-winning author of romance, chick lit, and urban fantasy, who has sold over 1.2 million copies of books for publishers like St. Martin's, Avon, and Harlequin. She writes fun, geeky, and diverse characters who believe that underdogs can make good and that sometimes being a little wrong is just right.

Green Valley Library (4 books)
  • Love in Due Time (Green Valley Library, #1)
  • Crime and Periodicals (Green Valley Library #2)
  • Shelf Awareness (Green Valley Library, #4)