Jump to ratings and reviews

Green Valley Library #2

Crime and Periodicals

In Green Valley, Tennessee everybody knows everybody, but nobody knows Sabrina Logan.

Sabrina has been hiding in plain sight for years. Living her life inside of books, dutifully helping her family, and hoping no one will notice her. So far? Mission accomplished!

Yet when sexy—and distrustful—sheriff, Wyatt Monroe returns to town with his daughters, he definitely notices the quiet librarian everyone else overlooks. The single dad can’t seem to shake thoughts of shy Sabrina. Without quite understanding the impulse, Wyatt makes his mission finding her again, so he can . . . well, he’ll just have to reckon with that later.

What Wyatt discovers is a woman who trusts too easily, but who’s afraid to live. Trust doesn’t come easily to Wyatt. But living? That’s never been a problem.

And he’d sure like to show her how.

'Crime and Periodicals' is a full-length contemporary romantic comedy, can be read as a standalone, and is book #2 in the Green Valley Library series, Green Valley World, Penny Reid Book Universe.

First published November 5, 2019

Loading interface...
Loading interface...

About the author

Nora Everly

22 books987 followers
Sign up for my newsletter: https://www.noraeverly.com/newsletter-1

Nora Everly is a lifelong bookworm. She started reading the good stuff once she was tall enough to sneak the romance novels off the top of her mother’s bookshelf and it has been non-stop ever since.
Once upon a time she was a substitute teacher and an educational assistant. Now, she’s a writer and stay at home mom to two small humans and one fat cat.
Nora lives in the Pacific Northwest with her family and her overactive imagination.

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/authornoraev...
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/nora.everly/
Twitter: https://twitter.com/NoraEverly

Ratings & Reviews

What do you think?

Friends & Following

Create a free account to discover what your friends think of this book!

5 stars
153 (4%)
1 star
26 (<1%)
Displaying 1 - 30 of 461 reviews
Profile Image for Anna lost in stories *A*.
1,021 reviews166 followers
May 29, 2020
first reread (may 2020)

I decided to reread this book before diving into the new one about Wyatt's brother... and it was just as sweet and adorable as I remembered it from my first time reading... maybe even a bit better, cause this time I listened to the audiobook version *sighs and swoons* not gonna lie, Chris Brinkley murmuring the word "darlin" straight into my ear made me swoon every fucking time :) for more coherent thoughts keep on reading to find my original review, but I still wholeheartedly recommend this book :)

original review (october 2019)

I voluntarily reviewed an early copy of this book :) I can't you guys... this book was just so stinking cute that I can't even... :) I am sitting here with the biggest grin on my face and I'm wondering how am I supposed to find words that will explain in the best way all the warm and fuzzy feelings this story gave me :) so let's start with some basic informations :) this is the second book in Green Valley library series but totally works as a standalone :) it's also part of a bigger Pennyverse / Smartypants Romance thing :) as in books written by different authors that revolve around some secondary characters we already knew or brand new ones, but they are taking place in the world we already know from Penny Reid's books and include some cameo appearances of some very familiar couples ;) but even if you are not at all familiar with Penny's work, I highly recommend you to read this gem :) now let me get into all the messy reasons why I loved it in a totally random order :)

#1 writing style :) I absolutely have to start with this one... I mean... I honestly cannot remember the last time I laugh out loud so hard as I did during this one ;) I had the best time reading this story :) it was hilariously funny, heartwarming and just... *sighs happily* I read it basically in one sitting cause I didn't want to put it down and I can promise you it will be a book that I will definitely reread on a regular basis :)

#2 Sabrina :) our heroine is... just... I adored her :) she's shy... and I mean very shy, with some serious anxiety issues... also, a huge yay for mentioning many times throughout this book how therapy helped her deal with those issues ;) and while she's very shy, she's not a pushover... especially when standing up for her family... and her inner monologues... they were one of my favourite parts of the book... I mean, how could I not fall in love with a woman who curses using Harry Potter... "Holy Hufflepuffs" is just one of the examples ;) she had to deal with some tragedies in her life and that pushed her even more into her little bubble, shying away from basically everyone in her little town of Green Valley... she's content working as a library assistant and taking care of her sister's kids after her death some years back... with her evenings spent with books... I have to say, I relate, especially to that last part... ;) things start to slowly change when she meets Wyatt... but it also happens that her friend comes back to the town at the same time and other stuff happens that help her get a bit out of her comfort zone... but what I love most about her is that she doesn't have like a dramatic change of personality in this story... don't get me wrong, I love to pieces kickass women who are confident and take on every day and all that, but... when this type of heroine is written as good as Sabrina is in this story, well... they have a special place in my heart... :) she's still shy at the end of the book... she doesn't like crowded places and have troubles with eye contact :) but she's more brave when taking new chances and risks in her life :)

#3 Wyatt :) *sighs happily* I feel like when it comes to him I have the same reaction like Sabrina did when she first met him... complete lack of words ;) but I will try my best to shake it off and describe him :) he's... kind, compasionate and patient... yes, he's also very handsome but honestly for me it's low on the list of reasons why he's awesome ;) I love how he is with his daughters, cuase he's a single father... I adore how he treats Sabrina... how he gives her time and not push her... he's not an alpha arrogant type, that's for sure... he's a gentleman... with a little bit of a dirty streak ;) *sighs and swoons* I'm sorry, that's all the words my muddled brain is capable of forming about him at the moment ;) see? this is what he reduced me to ;) and I am here for it :)

#4 secondary characters :) besides the absoluely lovable main couple, we absolutely cannot forget about the secondary characters in this story... from Wyatt's daughters, to the freaking awesome trio of Sabrina's nephews and niece... from the parents to the siblings of our main duo... and let's not forget about all the appearances and mentioning of all the Winston family... *sighs happily* I can see sooooo much potential for future stories and am certainly hoping to see some more couples happening in future books :) there were cute moments... emotional ones... moments full of support and love that made me tear up... and of course absolutely hilarious ones that made me basically fall from my chair from laughter ;) I would give you some quotes but I would have to highlight like 80% of the book so you're just gonna have to read this gem and pick out your own favourites ;) oh, and I almost forgot to mention, that Harry, Sabrina's younger nephew is on the autism spectrum, so additional points for representation done in a really good way :)

#5 small town setting :) there's just something about a story set in a small town that I adore... where people know each other... even if that means that everyone is interested in everyone's business ;) but more often than not it results in a sense of community that supports one another when it's needed :) plus, who doesn't love a little bit of meddling when it comes from a good place of love and concern ;)

#6 just all around awesomeness :) I cannot find words good enough to express how much I loved this absolutely precious little gem :) you have to add it to your trb piles... as in like a top priority :) this story was hilariously funny, absolutely heartwarming, written in a way that will keep you glued to the pages... reading chapter after chapter of absolutely wholesome book that will steal your heart ;) please, please go and check it out, you won't regret it :) I cannot recommend it enough for you guys... it's easily one of my favourite reads of this year, and one of my all time faves as well ;) I think I'm gonna have to reread it soon to really absorb all the awesomeness of it ;) you know, just to make sure all of the points I mentioned above are correct ;)

XOXO

A
Profile Image for Jen .
802 reviews572 followers
November 13, 2019
5 Sweet Stars

To say Sabrina Logan doesn’t get out much would be a huge understatement. Just because she was born and raised in Green Valley doesn’t mean she’s comfortable, you know, being in Green Valley. If we’re getting down to it, Sabrina isn’t really comfortable anywhere except her family’s ranch and her job at the library.

I was a shy hermit, prone to fits of anxiety. I was a hot mess of insecurity and doubt, wrapped up in a cozy blanket of fear.

I hate to say it, but her self assessment was right on the nose at the start of this book. What she chose to do about that is one of the reasons I enjoyed the book so much.

Wyatt Monroe moved back to Green Valley to make a life for himself and his two girls after his ex left for greener pastures. He loves his life as a sheriff's deputy but between work and his daughters, there’s no time to date. That doesn’t mean he hasn’t noticed “sexy Sabrina” whenever he gets the chance at a rare sighting. When Wyatt helps Sabrina handle a stressful situation, queue the lights and let the swooning of Sabrina begin.

Crime and Periodicals was most definitely a right place right time book for me. I needed the hope and overall sweetness this story brought. Sabrina is a true introvert, and a shy one at that, and finds a big chunk of her life devoted to avoiding any unplanned human interaction with folks outside of her family unit. Her evolution felt organic and realistic, and as a wee bit of an introvert myself, I liked how she didn’t magically change personalities.

Wyatt Monroe is too good to be true. Just putting it out there so all the facts are given. I’ll be honest and say his level of perfectude would normally turn me off because I don’t usually go in for the saccharin stuff, but Wyatt and his patience with Sabrina made the sweet all good. His dad skills rounded out the man and when he handled Sabrina’s autistic nephew like a dream, I was officially swooned.

Speaking of kids (make the jump with me), I loved them. Yeah, I never thought I’d be saying that because book kids are hit or miss for me, but Mak, Mel and Harry managed the difficult task of being realistically adorable as hell and their scenes are some of my favorite.

Crime and Periodicals landed on my ipad at just the right time and I loved every minute I spent with Sabrina and Wyatt back in Green Valley. There’s a whole lot I didn’t mention (leprosy, Cletus style was brought up more than once) but I love that my first Nora Everly book was a huge success.

ARC provided by Social Butterfly PR in exchange for an honest, voluntary review
Profile Image for DJ Sakata.
3,006 reviews1,736 followers
January 4, 2020
Favorite Quotes:

By now I was pretty sure that every time I looked directly at him my IQ lowered because I could not think of one stinking word to say to him. I opened my mouth anyway though, just in case the flirt fairy decided to bless me with a witty anecdote or some charming repartee. Nope. That was a big fat nothing coming out of my mouth.

I was beginning to develop suspicions that he was as nice as he was hot. And that made him just like a unicorn. A total keeper.

I made myself laugh at the jokes, but it came out nervous and I probably sounded insane. I took a step back and braced myself… I shoved my glasses up the bridge of my nose and looked around. I tried to do it surreptitiously. But I was sure I had crazy eyes.

I would drop dead of embarrassment. I would be the first documented case. People would study it, and then I would come back to life and drop dead again.

This apple had fallen so far from the tree it was on another planet in another galaxy in an alternate universe made up of nothing but future romance novel heroes.

I sat there, panting like I’d just run a six-minute mile. My head was filled with images of fireworks and stars, planets realigning in the universe, that enormous Harvest Moon illuminating us from up above like it was there just for us, and the feeling that everything in my life had shifted into place so I could be right here at this moment—exactly where I needed to be.

My Review:

I adored every word of this cleverly penned tale - it was a total delight from beginning to end and meshed seamlessly with the beloved yet highly peculiar community created by the ingenious Penny Reid. Written in my favorite dual POV and filled with endearingly flawed and heart-squeezing characters, Harry Potter references, breath-stealing insights, and highly amusing observations; Ms. Everly’s writing sparkled brighter than the glitter aisle at Hobby Lobby. I was as enamored and besotted with the fatally shy yet MAC red lippy wearing Sabrina as I was with the thoughtful, kind, and gentle giant hot dad Wyatt. I frequently barked with laughter, giggle-snorted, and gleefully savored every well-chosen word and mourned a bit when hitting that perfectly satisfying HEA as I am greedy and wanted more.
Profile Image for Smartypants Romance.
53 reviews917 followers
Want to read
October 15, 2021

★★NOW FREE★★⁣⁣
What is this, library lovers?! ‘Crime and Periodicals’ from Nora Everly is FREE for a short while. Have you been waiting to meet your first Monroe brother? Well, now is the time.

This book has all the things!
+Sexy sheriff single dad

Amazon UK: https://amzn.to/2PceLkG
Amazon CA: https://amzn.to/2Wb33YT
Amazon AU: https://amzn.to/2BBbX8C

★★BLURB★★

And he’d sure like to show her how.

Crime and Periodicals is a full-length, contemporary romantic comedy, can be read as a standalone, and is book #2 in the Green Valley Library series.
Profile Image for Syndi.
2,799 reviews617 followers
October 7, 2020
Compare to the first book, Crime and Periodicals is more subdue. With so much sweetness. I love the sweetness. It is not OTT. Sabriba abd Wyatt just perfect for each other.

Their whisper words are so romantic. Just like sitting on the bed of the truck watching the moonlight. So pretty and peaceful. The chemistry between then is sweet, slow and hot. It is so sweet watching them together.

I love it!

4 stars
Profile Image for Kat.
Author 8 books306 followers
December 16, 2020
This was one of my favorites in the Smartypants Romance series so far with Sabrina, a shy heroine with extreme social anxiety who is raising her sister’s children after her death (with the help of her father), Wyatt, a police officer hero raising two little girls on his own, lots of great Green Valley cameos and just so many good family moments. I’m a sucker for daddies with their daughters and some of those scenes were my favorites!

There’s also some drama with exes, some custody issues, and I liked the way the lives of everyone in this small town are so tightly interwoven. There were some great chicken restaurant scenes, football game scenes, Piggly Wiggly scenes (because of course) and all the good stuff that makes it Green Valley. Falling in love is messy at times, and that makes it all the better when our two lovebirds get their sweet HEA.

Please excuse typos/name misspellings. Entered on screen reader.
Profile Image for Dali.
1,748 reviews433 followers
October 23, 2019
Nora Everly continues the Green Valley Library series with Crime and Periodicals, an utterly sweet confection and lovely addition to Penny Reid’s Green Valley World.

After one too many deaths in her family, Sabrina Logan has devoted her life to taking care of her family while retreating into her books. She’s extremely shy and anxious but she’s no hermit. She hides in plain sight as an assistant librarian and has thus far managed to evade all notice except for the newly relocated Sheriff Hottie McOhMyGod who upon meeting her has made it his mission to make her blush and convince her to give him a chance.

Wyatt Monroe loves his two daughters, his family and life in general. The only thing missing in it is a partner to share it with until he meets the gorgeous Sabrina who took his breath away upon sight. And when he saw her interact with his daughters he knew she was meant to be in their lives. Now he just has to convince her to give him a chance.

Let me start off by mentioning how much I love spending time in Green Valley. It’s an incredible place to visit and if it were real I would totally move there. This story cemented that idea. It was absolutely sweet and I didn’t even mind the cavities.

Sabrina is so giving and loveable. I loved her bookworm references and how much she cared for her family while Wyatt was absolutely swoon worthy. I loved how much he cared for his girls and was so understanding, patient, and protective of Sabrina. Wyatt coaxed Sabrina out of her shy shell with so much care. Sure theirs was love at first sight, but their relationship was well developed and fleshed out.

And since the story takes place in Green Valley, we get to see a LOT of charming Winstons along with new delightful secondary characters that gave the story an added layer of goodness.

Crime and Periodicals is book #2 in the Green Valley Library series, Green Valley World, Penny Reid Book Universe written by Nora Everly. It can be read as a standalone, and is a full-length contemporary romantic comedy.
Profile Image for Korrie’s Korner.
1,004 reviews13.7k followers
November 26, 2019
4.25 stars!

This was my first Nora Everly book, and I just love it when an author surprises me. As always, it feels so good to be back in Penny’s world of Green Valley, and these authors nail that particular writing. Very well done! I’m a sucker for a single parent romance, and in this book it gave me that x2! You have to read the book to find out all those details because this girl doesn’t like to give anything away.

What happens when a shy librarian who just happens to be a virgin, and a handsome sexy sheriff collide? You get magic. There were so many swoony parts that gave my stomach butterfly kisses. I also love the children in this book. They were the breakout stars indeed. Jackson James is in here a lot, and it got me so excited for his book that is to come.

I’m so wrapped up in Green Valley right now I may never come home! Very well done!
Profile Image for SB*needs low angst books*.
328 reviews188 followers
December 29, 2019
Sabrina Logan is a librarian assistant and painfully shy after some tragedies in her life. It doesn't stop her from helping to take care of her late sisters children. Her young nephew Harry is autistic and is having a bad day at school. When she is heading home with him he has a meltdown and she has to pull over to help him calm down. Her friend and police deputy Jackson comes with his partner Wyatt Monroe and say that Wyatt will drive them where they need to go.

Wyatt Monroe is a divorced, single dad of two little girls, Melissa and Makenna. He has recently moved back to his hometown of Green Valley. He is pleasantly surprised to see the very attractive and shy Sabrina and more than happy to drive her back to the library.

They are both attracted to each other and Wyatt ask her out but Sabrina has trouble answering due to her shyness but that doesn't stop the handsome sheriff.

They both have some life problems and wonder if they can have what they have always dreamed of.

OMGosh I did not expect to really love this book but I did. Sabrina is shy and really grows in the story. Wyatt is a Dad that is doing it on his own with help from his family but wants more. The kids had add to the story and don't take away from the romance. This is a slower burn but you get to see on page that they meet and have some actual dates. So you get to see the romance on page and I am finding that missing in many romance books now. It was lovely to see it unfold. The good, bad, and the (hello) communication that's needed to fix things.

Take note that when you have kids in a book then they have to be part of it or don't have them in it. And don't let them not all be obnoxious or rude or jerks. The kids and teens were great. I loved the couple and all the side characters. No one was super annoying or super pushy or super annoying. No side character took over the book from the couple. No annoying a$$ bff for hero or heroine. I got a romance without anything ott and people I liked.

Profile Image for *The Angry Reader*.
1,350 reviews293 followers
May 3, 2020
A sweet person and another sweet person fall in love. They cry. It was not that much fun for me. I liked the heroine’s issues. And her family. But Yeesh.

Profile Image for Katie Ashley.
Author 59 books8,907 followers
October 22, 2019
Crime and Periodicals is one of those novels you could totally see as a Hallmark movie. It's heart-warming and uplifting in its portrayal of two selfless individuals who life hasn't always been very kind. At the same time, it packs the angst and romance along with a delicious smidge of steam. Besides the two strong leads, you get a colorful cast of side characters who add to the novel's appreciation and beauty. There's also some familiar Green Valley faces whose appearance will make you swoon and smile.

Sabrina Logan isn't your typical heroine. While she's rocking the sexy librarian vibe, she suffers from an anxiety disorder than leaves her paralyzed with fear in most social situations, especially around men. Because of her anxiety, she's a twenty-seven-year-old virgin. She does lead a full life in that she's consumed by her love and duty to her family. After her sister, Cora's, death, she's been helping her widower father help raise Cora's children: teenagers Weston and Ruby and ten-year-old Harry-who is on the autism spectrum. The scenes depicting Harry are all portrayed so well to capture what life is like for someone on the spectrum as well as what it's like for their family.

Wyatt is a complete dreamboat from our first encounter with him saving a stranded Sabrina on the side of the road to the last page. He has dimples and a uniform--do I need to say more? But I really do because it's worth noting he has a heart of gold. Not only is he a hot cop, but he's a single father to two young daughters after their mother abandoned them. While he comes from a loving family, he hasn't always gotten support for his career choice from his father who wanted him to go into the family business.
Crime and Periodicals by Nora Everly

5* review by Emerald Book Reviews

‘“You attach your memories to books.  I want to read all of them - every one of your favourites.  Then you can tell me all the reasons why you love them.”

“Wyatt,” she softly murmured.

“Sabrina, I mean it.  Everything I find out about you, I like.  I’m lucky I met you that day. It will always be my favourite traffic stop.”’

Believe me, “Crime and Periodicals” embraces so many more swoon-worthy , butterfly-inducing lines, just like that one. It was unapologetically romantic, in the best way possible.

Author Nora Everly is an enchantress when it comes to writing any dialogue, particularly her hero’s lines. Through a few beautifully put together sentences, she was able to convey how utterly charming, sincere and adorable, “hot cop” single dad Wyatt was.  From the very beginning, he was a man of integrity, one that was an exhilarating mixture of genuine, smart, loving and ridiculously sexy.

There was no better heroine for him than the incredibly selfless, loving and loyal assistant- librarian Sabrina.  Personally, I connected to her in such a profound way. Her crippling shyness, nervous nature and inability to see past embarrassing situations, is something I have struggled with for years, yet our wonderful heroine soldiered on, powering through the chaos of her inner disaster-laden monologue and insecurities, taking one step at a time, until her true personality unfurled before our very eyes.  What I loved about this aspect was the fact that it wasn’t necessarily Wyatt’s influence in her life, it was the realisation that to go after what or who she wanted, she needed to bolster her confidence and find that spark inside of her that was always there, just a little bit neglected. She needed to learn to love and trust herself first, above all else.

My favourite side character, without a doubt was precocious sixteen year-old Ruby.  She produced some of the best comedic moments throughout the story, as she tended to utilise her friendship with a certain character named “Cletus”, to exact revenge or ask assistance. But her love and kindness towards her aunty Sabrina made for some surprisingly emotional moments too.

Nora Everly has given readers a truly beautiful, well crafted and unique love story, that caters to lovers of sexy, good guy heroes and selfless introverted heroines, and who doesn’t love those?  She has included a terrific balance of super sexy action with the cute and tender. Familial responsibilities with knowing when to enjoy life in the quieter moments. Loving yourself but being open to the possibility of falling in love with someone else too.

‘“And I love your dimple.  I want to climb inside of it and have a tea party.” What the heck did I just say?

“What?” His chuckle had disappeared.  It had turned into a full-blown, glorious, belly laugh.  “I’ve never heard that one before. But I’ll have a tea party with you any day, darlin’.”’
Profile Image for Caitlin Reads.
178 reviews51 followers
October 23, 2019
What would Sienna Diaz do?

This book is another winner in the Smartypants Romance world. Crime and Periodicals is my first introduction to Nora Everly and I really enjoyed her writing. Sabrina is a VERY shy librarian trying to break out of her shell and start to experience the world. Wyatt is a swoon worthy sheriff and a sexy single dad. Their worlds collide when Sabrina is pulled over on the side of the road tending to her autistic and adorable nephew when Wyatt comes to her rescue. There is an immediate attraction and things begin to move from there. Sabrina was adorable and also very funny. Henry and Wyatt’s daughters were definitely the breakout stars of this book for me. I couldn’t get enough of them. Jackson James was featured a lot in this one which reminded me how much I can’t wait for his stand alone. I would also love a book about Willa and Everett! This book did take me longer to get drawn into than some of the other books in this series hence the 4 star rating. However, overall this is a well written romance and you should definitely check it out. If only I could curl up in the Green Valley Library to read it.

I am grateful for this ARC provided by the publisher & Social Butterfly PR.
Profile Image for Sheena ☆ Book Sheenanigans .
1,409 reviews332 followers
November 10, 2019

Another one bites the dust! Despite what it looks like, I am trying to give these installments of this series a fair shot but I'm just not feeling this. "Crime and Periodicals" was effy and I'm sure the only character I had a liking to was Harry. I mean how can you not like him?! Otherwise everything else fell under the same category as the early releases. Wyatt and Sabrina weren't much to rave about and due to the lame nature of the plot, I had ended skimming more than actually read. Sadly third time was not the charm.
Profile Image for Lana  (Bibliomedico).
298 reviews250 followers
October 22, 2019
For More Content ( Book Reviews / Recommendations / Interviews and Giveaways ) Visit My Blog : https://bibliomedico.wordpress.com/
********************
ARC provided by the publisher & Social Butterfly PR , Thanks for giving me the opportunity to read the book.
********************
" My Heart was overflowing. I had so much love to give - the fear that had held it back for so long was gone. I couldn't wait to see what the future would bring "

Beautiful and meaningful story.
A sweet love story about responsibilities, Grieve, change, acceptance and family .

I have to admit I started this book as a way of procrastination as I have a big exam I must study for, I didn't know this book would get me so attached to it Until I had no option except finishing it all.

The story Of Sabrina the shy librarian we already heard about in Love in due time , beautiful , nerd , introvert , kind , lovely and super shy …
A character that All of us " Book lovers " could relate to, I loved her SO MUCH. One of my new favorite characters. I loved how responsible and full of love she was, how she took care of her sister children, how she strived to change, and seriously her character has gone through a huge development in this novel.

" Life was much simpler when it was just me and my books "

I really loved Ruby , Harry and Weston characters . The super cool Nerd " Ruby " The Caring big brother " Weston " and the most adorable and smart kid ever " Harry " , I loved all the scenes with them and How the affected Sabrina Life .

" This was what love should look like. A Wide-open soul - bared so it could shine in the dark. Sabrina shone brighter than the moon and I loved her more than my Own Life "

Wyatt was such a great hero: Compassionate, Handsome, Understanding, Supportive, Passionate and just Awesome.
How he cared for his Adorable daughters Mel and Mek , how he supported and loved Sabrina , Everything was just Swoon-Worthy :P .

" You attach your memories to books. I want to read all of them - every one of your favorites. Then you can tell me why you love them "

I loved all the interactions between the adorable kids, their deep and lovely conversations and scenes.

The Writing style is just AMAZING, I felt like I was watching a romantic - Comedy movie while reading.

This Novel gives hope, that no matter how many failed relationships you had, no matter if you have kids, responsibilities If you struggle socially... Believe and have hope that one day You will find true love, Just open your heart and don't be afraid.

P.S : Guess What Winston Brothers Readers , WE GOT SCENES WITH JETHRO FAMILY

Profile Image for lazybookconqueror.
408 reviews88 followers
November 6, 2019
Crime and Periodicals is a cute book. It has a very Hallmark Movie type of story, and while that might be appealing to a lot of readers (absolutely no shade guys, if you like very sweet books, go for it) it was just too light for me.

What I really enjoyed about this book is that it details situations and differences in a very warm and accepting way. For example, Sabrina is a 27 year old librarian that is a virgin and suffers from extreme social anxiety, but that's ok. People accept that. She also is in the process of adopting her nephew who is on the spectrum. Also, a very respected topic that is written with the utmost care Wyatt is a divorced single dad that has custody of two young daughters, and no one ever judged him or told Sabrina to stay away because he has baggage. And you know what, I just really appreciated all of that. It's so important for books to expose real life situations and not make it a big deal, because they are simply not.

However, besides that, the story didn't offer me much. I feel that stories need to have both conflict & plot to move forward, and sometimes they can be interpreted as the same thing, although they're not. There's conflict alright, there's the Michael situation and the "what is this relationship" situation and even Sabrina breaking out of her shell. But then it's smooth sailing, none of the conflicts evolve into anything greater. Again, I know that a lot of readers appreciate fluffy books that are just heartwarming without too much story. And that's absolutely fine. And this book is sweet and well-written, I just craved a bit more substance plot wise.

This was an ARC provided to me in exchange for an honest review.
Author 3 books43 followers
October 28, 2019
This book is AMAZING! I didn’t want it to end. I absolutely loved the heroine. She is so relatable—confident but shy in social situations. And the hero? Be still my heart. Who wouldn’t love a hot sheriff single dad?

The romance was so sweet and the pair were a match made in heaven. The suspense was slight but still made me want to keep on reading. I love everything about this book. If you like sweet talking heroes and shy, socially awkward heroines, READ THIS BOOK!

I received an advanced copy in exchange for an honest review.
Profile Image for Rachael*Caribbean*girl*bibliophile.
1,591 reviews311 followers
November 12, 2019
Spoilers ahead,3.5*

Painfully shy h and her deputy sheriff
The romance was cute enough but the kids made this book for me and Harry in particular I loved so much!

h was a virgin
H hadn't been with anyone since his divorce from his cheating ex
Single parent H
h was in the process of adopting her deceased sister's son
Profile Image for Antonella.
3,095 reviews418 followers
November 14, 2019
This was a cute story!

There was nothing really going on. I think I would love it better if I had a connection with our main characters.

Profile Image for Pam Nelson.
3,072 reviews96 followers
February 21, 2021
After the first book in this series I knew I had to see what this book would be like. So glad I gave it a shot I liked it even more than the last! We get even more Winston’s this time and it felt like getting a peak into what your old friends have been up to but when a cast of new characters to root for.
Sabrina is an interestingly shy character, but she makes her way through especially for her nephew who needs her and so she does what she needs to. I loved the love interest between Sabrina and Sheriff Wyatt. I like that he knew she was shy and he still kept coming back. He didn’t let her shy away he was exactly what she needed.
His kids are awesome, I love when a story not only involves kids but doesn’t forget them half way through! They were woven throughout the story completely I loved it.
Great, fantastic narration!
Profile Image for Anne Wright.
127 reviews
October 23, 2019
This is the first book I've read by this author, and I love it! This is one of the Spartypants Romance novels, written in the existing world of Green Valley created by Penny Reid - part of the Pennyverse. The characters and the story are wonderfully written; I loved library assistant Sabrina, and Sheriff Deputy Wyatt. Divorced Wyatt has two of the cutest little girls, and has returned to Green Valley to raise them with help from his mom, and support from his brothers. Sabrina is terribly shy, and is helping her dad raise her nephews and niece, including the youngest who is autistic. Sabrina has decided to change her life, and this story weaves that struggle in with her developing romance with Wyatt.

Nora Everly authentically brought Penny Reid's Green Valley community to life around her new characters and story. I enjoyed glimpses into community life, especially appearances by Penny Reid's existing characters. Some like Jackson James played a significant role, while others like the Winston brothers and their families added a level of delight to the book! (Who doesn't want to see more of the Winston family, including Sienna, and especially their growing families!!)

This book was a delight, and while I think fans of the Winston Brothers series will definitely enjoy it, I recommend it for all fans of contemporary romance. I know I'm looking forward to reading more from Nora Everly.
Profile Image for Laura.
574 reviews4 followers
November 5, 2019
Ok....man, I’m not sure where to start...I absolutely, totally, 100% LOVED this book. Sabrina is possibly one of my favorite characters ever. Her awkwardness is so relatable and endearing. I loved that we got to see her grow and participate in the world, and not just observe it (I’m so guilty of doing the same). Her love for her niece & nephews is so strong you can just feel it coming off the pages. And Wyatt....I love him. He is so swoon worthy. Like Sabrina, you can feel his love for his daughters. These two together are just magic!!
Profile Image for Jessica Alcazar.
3,861 reviews434 followers
November 13, 2019
I loved everything about Sabrina Logan! Not only was this a romance journey, but also a journey of self-discover and empowerment for Sabrina and this author represented her strengths and weaknesses beautifully and unfolded her growth realistically with a hint of humor that just settled in my heart and made me smile! There wasn’t a single page of this book I did not enjoy!

So #funfact: This is actually maybe my second book in the Penny Reid World and honestly, I do not know what I was thinking not reading every single book beforehand! I was captivated by the town and the Winston’s based on just the tiny little snippets that this story had of them and I cannot wait to devour every word that has been written thus far! I’ve already downloaded them ALL! LOL

I am so giddy with excitement, not only because Nora Everly was a huge hit for me, but so were the other four books in this series (I’ve already binged these four LOL)!!
Profile Image for Helen.
170 reviews21 followers
November 8, 2019
Very good , and impressive from a new author !
Profile Image for Wendy'sThoughts.
2,632 reviews3,209 followers
Want to read
January 31, 2021
Sometimes People Never Feel Comfortable...
Around Others Who Are Not Family...
In Fact, Sabrina Logan Would Just Rather Disappear...
Into The Woodwork All Together...

As A Librarian in Green Valley...
She Has Been Able To Mostly Do That...
A Sort Of Hiding In Plain Sight...

Sabrina's Shyness And Ways...
Don't Escape The New Sheriff, Wyatt Monroe...
He Is Back With His Daughters To Settle In...

He Makes It His Focus To Discover More About Sabrina...
To Bring Her Out Into The World...
Away From Hiding In the Stacks With The...

Crime and Periodicals (Green Valley Library #2)

Love in Due Time (Green Valley Library, #1) by L.B. Dunbar Love in Due Time (Green Valley Library, #1)
Crime and Periodicals (Green Valley Library #2) by Nora Everly Crime and Periodicals
Prose Before Bros (Green Valley Library, #3) by Cathy Yardley Prose Before Bros
Shelf Awareness (Green Valley Library, #4) by Katie Ashley Shelf Awareness
Carpentry and Cocktails (Green Valley Library, #5) by Nora Everly Carpentry and Cocktails
Love in Deed (Green Valley Library #6) by L.B. Dunbar Love in Deed
Dewey Belong Together (Green Valley Library, #7) by Ann Whynot Dewey Belong Together

For more Reviews, Free E-books and Giveaways

photo banner_zpsb3ab83a0.jpg
Profile Image for Jypsy .
1,523 reviews74 followers
November 16, 2019
Thank you Social Butterfly and the author for a complimentary copy. I voluntarily reviewed this book. All opinions expressed are my own.

Crime And Periodicals
Green Valley Public Library #2
By: Nora Everly

*REVIEW* 📚📚📚📚
Crime And Periodicals brings readers back to the Green Valley Public Library in the Smartypants World/Pennyverse. Sabrina is an extremely shy librarian. She is an introvert to the point of nearly crippling anxiety, for example, she won't look people in the eye and doesn't go out often. Sabrina helps care for her late sister's children and is in the process of adopting her autistic nephew. I love Sabrina because I relate to her anxiety and shyness on the most fundamental level. I have these same problems, so I was thrilled when Sheriff Wyatt entered her life. He is a single dad recently moved back to town and is instantly drawn to Sabrina. Wyatt is a kind, giving, loving man. It takes a special kind of person to understand how to interact with someone like Sabrina. She is wary of everything, so he has to be the calmest most patient guy in the world. They are wonderful together, especially with the children. This story is sweet and touching, and I enjoyed reading about these characters. I'm glad the author addresses the subject of autism spectrum disorders with sensitivity and respect. Overall, this book is a delightful read and a great addition to Green Valley.
Profile Image for Lady Heather .
1,290 reviews698 followers
November 6, 2019

"5-Getting a second chance at coming of age - Stars!"

I really enjoyed this story!
Sabrina and Wyatt were an amazing couple to get to know and this book was a great slow-burn story to read.

Another great contribution to the "Green Valley Public Library Series"!

**I'm really enjoying these stories that feature characters from Green Valley, Tennessee. (Home of Penny Reid's WINSTON BROTHER'S SERIES).

It's a small town with all small-town benefits and downfalls, but these books are featuring such a great group of interesting and diverse characters.
Kudos to SmartyPants Romance for getting so many talented authors to contribute to these series'!

I voluntarily read an ARC of this book which was provided by SocialButterflyPR in exchange for an honest review.
Displaying 1 - 30 of 461 reviews

Can't find what you're looking for?

Get help and learn more about the design.