Start by marking “No Whisk No Reward (Donner Bakery, #3)” as Want to Read:
No Whisk No Reward (Donner Bakery, #3)

No Whisk No Reward

(Donner Bakery #3)

How do you know if a risk is worth taking? If you knew, there wouldn’t be any risk.

Following a disastrous appearance on a televised baking show, Sophie Copeland is certain things can’t get any worse. Several calamities later, Sophie finds herself in Green Valley, Tennessee with no plan, no place to stay, and no prospects. But at least she has a temporary seasonal
ebook
Published November 12th 2019 by Smartypants Romance

To ask other readers questions about No Whisk No Reward, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about No Whisk No Reward

Start your review of No Whisk No Reward (Donner Bakery, #3)
lazybookconqueror
Sep 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Smartypants Romance
Aug 05, 2019 marked it as to-read

We are uber excited to announce the lovely Author Ellie Kay's book for Smartypants Romance. 'No Whisk, No Reward' is a full-length contemporary romantic comedy, can be read as a standalone, and is book #3 in the Donner Bakery series (y)

RELEASE DATE: November 12, 2019

** PRE-ORDER LINKS **
Apple Books: https://apple.co/2MMNbcD
Nook: https://bit.ly/2ZvUvN1
Google Play: https://bit.ly/2MEKHNk
Add to your shelf on Goodreads: https://bit.ly/2YGfZKa

(HEADS UP: This book will have no Amazon pre-order!)

Wendy'sThoughts
Oct 09, 2019 marked it as to-read
Recommends it for: Elle Kay Fans, Romance
Sophie Copeland has decided if...
She had her Horoscope done...
It would probably show 7 Years of Bad Luck...

That had to be the answer...
Because just when she thought...
Her Horrific Appearance on a TV Baking Show...
Was as Bad as It Could Get...

It got Worse and More Embarrassing...

The Good News is she landed in...
Green Valley, Tennessee...
Here she will be a Temporary Seasonal Helper...
At the Infamous Donner Bakery...

This could be Good...
And then Joel Barnes has an apartment for rent...

What could
Curlyhairlass19
Nov 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs
4.25 amazing stars!!

First of all, I love Ellie Kay’s writing, and just her unique flair that made this book so fun! It felt good being surrounded by the Green Valley gang again. Cletus, Jenn, Beau and a few others I’ll zip my lips on. You have to read for yourself to see the intense twists and turns Ellie Kay has put in this book. I love the two main characters flow and chemistry with each other. Just an overall good book! Loving these SPR books!!
maggieandteddy
Another great Smartypants book- a spin off from the Penny Reid Winston Brothers series.
This is my 3rd Donner Bakery series book. I enjoyed this so much.
I loved both of the main characters: Sophie and Joel. Sophie is new to Green Valley. I have to say that I don't remember Joel. He and the Winston Bros have had some issues over the years-especially with Cletus. I love how Sophie's story begins. She's a pastry chef that's lost her mojo. She lost her nerve on national television. She's on her way
Caitlin Reads
Nov 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! The third installment in the Donner Bakery series will not disappoint fans. I was really surprised to read that this is Ellie Kay’s debut novel.

Sophie Copeland is driving through Green Valley on her way to Boston to work as a pastry chef at her best friends new bakery, Yeast Affection (love the name). She gets lost one night and Joel, a brooding auto mechanic, comes to her rescue. She ends up deciding to stay in Green Valley for a short term to save money for a new car and
Lady Heather

"4- To giving, and getting second chances - Stars!"

I enjoyed reading this book.
At the beginning of this story, the reader is learning about the protagonist, Sophie Copeland.
Sophie is utterly devastated by one of the most embarrassing moments in her life, which just happened to be televised for all her peers to see.
That iconic moment affected Sophie in such a deep level, that she lost all her confidence and self-esteem in something that she loved and was her passion.

She decided to step away
Sheena ☆ Oh, the Sheenanigans!

Third time's the charm people! I'm not gonna lie, I didn't have much hope for the series after reading the first two installments of the Donner Bakery but this one was a keeper! Everything just flowed nicely, the characters were decent and the chemistry between the leads was smoking hot! Sure there was the whole instant love bit going on but it was easy to overlook and was good enough to eat!
Bibliomedico
visit my blog , for more reviews , recommendations and interviews : https://bibliomedico.wordpress.com/
**************************
ARC provided by the publisher & Social Butterfly PR , Thanks for giving me the opportunity to read the book.
**************************
" Mistakes aren't proof that you aren't good enough , they are just steps toward wherever it is you are trying to get to "

Unfortunately , No Whisk No Reward is the first book I didn't like from The smartypants romance
Ashley
Sep 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
There's so much to unpack in this debut novel from the delightful Ellie Kay – a great deal of story in this one book.

(view spoiler)
Jypsy
Nov 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Thank you Social Butterfly and the author for a complimentary copy. I voluntarily reviewed this book. All opinions expressed are my own.

No Whisk No Reward
Donner Bakery #3
By: Ellie Kay

*REVIEW*
'No Whisk, No Reward' is a full-length contemporary romantic comedy, can be read as a standalone, and is book #3 in the Donner Bakery series, Green Valley World, Penny Reid Book Universe.
I have read all of the Donner Bakery books, and I have enjoyed every one! In this story, Sophie is moving cross
Shelby
Nov 09, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
Pastry chef, Sophie Copeland, has recently found herself without a job after a terrible performance on the tv show, No Whisk, No Reward. So she’s decided to help her friend open a bakery in Boston, so Sophie packs up her things and travels cross country. But her car breaks down in Green Valley, Tennessee and she learns her old faithful car is toast. So Sophie decides to take a job for a few months at the local Donner Bakery until Anna needs her in Boston after the new year.

Sophie needs a place
jordane
Nov 13, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-in-2019
*3.5*

I really liked the characters in this book, especially Sophie’s. I enjoyed the story, but sometimes it felt too slow for me. And Cletus and Jenn were mentioned so much in this one, i loved it!!!!

Also, i’m so curious about Daniella and Catfish, i hope they’ll have their book!
Danielle
Sep 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book is everything! You will laugh and cry (or I did at least) and laugh some more.

Sophie is sassy and quirky and just amazing.
Joel is so quiet and I felt for him throughout this book.

This is another great addition to Penny Reid’s world and I look forward to more books by Ellie Kay!
Jules
Oct 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
Oh, how delightful.

A book that demonstrates: Don't always believe the gossip mill, and give people second chances to meet them in person, making your opinion.

When Sophie strands in Green Valley, she takes up Joel, the brooding man she nearly ran over, on his offer of a flat to stay in for the night. But then her stay turns into a much longer one... and she has to engage with her knight in less than shining armour - or so everyone keeps telling her.

Sophie and Joel have sparks flying instantly,
Beth SHULAM
Oct 28, 2019 rated it liked it
The third installment of the Donner Bakery series from Smartypants Romance.

Well kudos to Ellie Kay on her debut novel. A great premise, Sophie comes to Green Valley while taking a cross country road trip to visit bakeries and to escape her recent debacle on national television. She must stay in town after her car breaks down and she can't fix it. We get to visit with the Winstons and several of the Donner Bakery cast along the way. We also meet Joel, the mysterious man about town, who rents her
Nicole Emerald Book Reviews  McCurdy
No Whisk, No Reward (book #3 in the Donner Bakery series) by @Ellie Kay

(#SmartypantsRomance)

4.5*

‘“You know, I could have gone for the rest of my life convinced that there would never be another person who would look at me the way you’re looking at me right now. I plan on getting my fill so that once you’ve moved on, I’ll have a trove of memories to look back on and know with certainty there is someone out there and she’s perfect. If this is all I can have, then I’ll take it.”’

Author Ellie Kay’s
Anne - Books of My Heart
This review was originally posted on Books of My Heart

Review copy was received from Publicity team. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.

3.5 hearts

The Donner Bakery series is a favorite in the Smartypants Romance books. I enjoy the food and the peeks at Jenn and Cletus. No Whisk, No Reward is the third book and is available in Kindle Unlimited. We watch the cross-country traveler and pastry chef, Sophie, meet and become friendly with Joel Barnes, who has
Kimberly / Love Notes Book Blog
Nov 11, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc
3 stars. No Whisk, No Reward is the third book in the Donner Bakery series, which is a spin off of the Winston Brothers series by Penny Reid and part of the Smartypants Romance world. This book was kind of a mixed bag for me. This is Sophie and Joel's book. Sophie is a pastry chef. She recently appeared on a TV pastry competition show (think Gordan Ramsey), on which she failed spectacularly and was humiliated. As a result, she was fired from her actual pastry chef job afterwards and has found ...more
Rebecca
Nov 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
No Whisk, No Reward by Ellie Kay is another new-to-me author thanks to the Penny Reid Book Universe. I am loving the new additions to the Green Valley World, and the Donner Bakery series is such an entertaining collection of stories. What I love the most about them are how its heroes and heroines seem opposites in every way, but the more they get to know one another and the further insight readers are provided about who these characters truly are illustrates just how similar they actually are.

Romance Schmomance (Malia)
Can I just tell you how much I love this series?! And now with the Winston Brothers series all finished, I wasn't quite ready to say farewell to Green Valley.

No Whisk No Reward is book 3 in the Donner Bakery series and it has quickly become one of my favorites in the Smartypants Romance world. I liked the fact that Sophie was nomading it a bit as she makes her way to Boston to continue her love as a pastry chef.

This was my first time reading a book by Ellie Kay and I.AM.HOOKED. She has such a
Kelly
Nov 16, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
No Whisk No Reward was another great addition to the Donner Bakery series. Sophie and Joel are the main characters, with the secondary characters Tempest and Joy also featuring prominently in the storyline. I love Tempest, she is the main character in Stud Muffin (Donner Bakery #2), so I was super happy to see so much of her again. Maybe Joy will get her own story in the next round of Smartypants romance?

ANYWAY, back to Sophie. She finds herself having an unexpected stay in Green Valley and also
Melena Torretta
Nov 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs, 2019
This book started off a bit slow, but the characters and story grew on me the more I read.

Sophie lands in Green Valley for longer than planned when her car dies during her road trip. Since she's not due in Boston to help her friend open a bakery for awhile, she stays in town and gets a temp job at Donner Bakery. Nearly everyone she meets warns her away from Joel, a local mechanic who owns his own garage. It's hard to stay away from him, though, when he is her new landlord and maybe friend.

If my
M.E. Carter
Welp. I wasn't expecting to cry. But of course I boohooed and ended up with puffy eyes for church.
Patricia Wonderland
Nov 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
No Whisk No Reward is Ellie Kay's debut novel. For her first book she delivers a good story with two interesting characters.
I really liked Sophie, her passion for her job, her determination, her generosity, her humor. She doesn't judge others by listening to gossips. She's confident when she's cooking but when she participated to a show on television she lost her way and that's something we can relate. Yes she's human with an anxiety issue, being in front of cameras can disturb everyone. Her new
Carissa
I only got to 60% before I dnf. this is my first book my Ellie Kay. Sadly, the main couple and the story just wasn't for me.

I received this book at my request and have voluntarily left this unbiased review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.
Cassandra Martin
Sep 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was such a fun read! This debut author did a wonderful job adding to the Donner Bakery Series. Again I'm off searching for copycat recipes that are mentioned in the book! It was lovely to see a redemption story for some of the characters we didn't 'like' in Penny's Books (Winston Brother's Series). Sophie and Joel found their own redemptions in this very sweet story.
Kat  Snark
Nov 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
4 stars!

Read my full review on Cover to Cover Book Blog.

Disclaimer: I received this book free from the publisher in exchange for an honest review, but it does not influence my opinion of the book nor the contents of this review in any way.

Let me start by saying Penny Reid is one of my favorite authors. Now after reading that statement, you may be asking me, “Why the heck are you talking about the lovely and wonderful Ms. Reid when this is not her book?” To that I would say, you are
Pavitra (For The Love of Fictional Worlds)

Also Posted on For The Love of Fictional Worlds

Disclaimer: An eARC was provided via SmartyPants Romance and the Author as part of the Blog Tour. The Thoughts, opinions & feelings expressed in the review are therefore, my own.

Gah!! There are no words to describe how much I adore slow burn romances – the push and pull, the anticipation of something that will rock their worlds – but it needs to be written EXACTLY right and that’s why I adored No Whisk No Reward!

Sophie Copeland
is not
Lisa Mandina
Nov 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Once again I have so much love for all the books in this series, and this one only served to cement that feeling. Of course we began with a fun cameo with Cletus Winston, and even though I'd probably never think of him as my type in real life, I do adore him. And what was neat was that we got a lot of Cletus in this book because it took place in the Donner Baker, hence the series name. I really liked how the story related into the whole Winston brothers stories with Joel's auto shop. I kind of ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Prose Before Bros (Green Valley Library, #3)
  • Crime and Periodicals (Green Valley Library #2)
  • My Bare Lady (Scorned Women's Society, #1)
  • Shelf Awareness (Green Valley Library, #4)
  • Love in Due Time (Green Valley Library, #1)
  • Happy Trail (Park Ranger, #1)
  • Sticking to the Script (Cipher Office #2)
  • Weight Expectations (Cipher Office, #1)
  • Code of Conduct (Cipher Security, #1)
  • Beard Necessities (Winston Brothers, #7)
  • Maybe This Christmas
  • Beard with Me (Winston Brothers, #6)
  • Man Cuffed (Man Hands, #4)
  • Blindsided
  • The One Night Stand Before Christmas (Reindeer Falls, #3)
  • If You Give A Jerk A Gingerbread (Reindeer Falls, #2)
  • Happy-Go-Lucky
  • Crazy for Loving You (Bluewater Billionaires)

Donner Bakery (3 books)
  • Baking Me Crazy (Donner Bakery, #1)
  • Stud Muffin (Donner Bakery, #2)