Start by marking “Haunted House Ghost (Braxton Campus Mysteries #5)” as Want to Read:
Haunted House Ghost (Braxton Campus Mysteries #5)

Haunted House Ghost

(Braxton Campus Mysteries #5)

It’s Halloween, and excitement is brewing in Braxton to carve jack-o’-lanterns, go on haunted hayrides, and race through the spooky corn maze at the Fall Festival.

Despite the former occupant’s warnings, Kellan renovates and moves into a mysterious old house. When a ruthless ghost promises retribution, our fearless professor turns to the eccentric town historian and an eerie psychic to comFestival.

Despite

Published October 1st 2019 by Next Chapter

To ask other readers questions about Haunted House Ghost, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Haunted House Ghost

Start your review of Haunted House Ghost (Braxton Campus Mysteries #5)
James
Sep 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Since this is my own book, I'm not going to write a review. I'm using this space to let you know when there are discounts or marketing promotions, as well as share some thoughts on how the book came to be.

Haunted House Ghost is my seventh novel, also the fifth in the Braxton Campus Mysteries series. The series follows typical cozies in that it doesn't contain graphic violence, sexual content, or vulgar language; however, I've turned the genre upside down by focusing on a young male protagonist
Candace Robinson
Sep 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This series is so much fun! And when I saw this title and this cover, I just knew it was going to be my favorite. I'm a huge Halloween fan and would seriously just like this holiday year round! Anyway, now that I'm going off course, let me get to my boy Kellan!

Kellan's life is full of so much drama and I love it! There's a ton of mystery to these stories, but what I like just as much is the family dynamic with the side characters. Kellan's such an awesome dad, and I've always wanted
LostKnight
Aug 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Dear Readers,

I deeply appreciate the author for having
sent this book on over.

The character development is superb. As
these books progress, the characters come
alive. Kellan has a great sense of humor.

If this book were made into a Halloween
movie or TV show, I would enjoy seeing
Kellan's responses to various things. In
addition to his great sense of humor, Kellen
has a knack for finding crime scenes and the putting pieces
tog
Kathi Defranc
Oct 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Halloween In The Braxton Campus Is An Adventure With Friends,Ghosts And Criminals

Another fantastic adventure with all our friends who live and work in and around the Braxton Campus. The author continues to expand the lives of all characters, you can not help but feel of several as real friends!
Kellan's life is full of drama, comedy, and lots of love as he works hard teaching classes and trying to keep his daughter, Emma, safe and happy. He is really interested in the new sheriff, April, but i
LORI CASWELL
Nov 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Dollycas’s Thoughts

Kellan Ayrwick is staying in Braxton and has purchased the old Grey House. A big Victorian that is said to be haunted. Kellan doesn’t believe the rumors until some weird things start to happen as the crew finishes up renovations on the main floor. Kellan gets advice from a psychic and the town’s historian to learn more about the Grey’s family history. He finds himself a rich old mystery to delve into.

Braxton is also having a Halloween festival complete
Jacquie
Oct 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Kellan Ayrwick has a new house, but it comes with a few surprises!

Kellan is busy renovating his new home–though pranksters keep vandalizing the space–planning the fall festival, and creating a stable life for his daughter and young cousin.

When a skeleton is found during the demolition of the Memorial library, the town speculates whether it is the long lost mistress of Kellan’s new home and Kellan wonders if he’s found his ghost.

A series of suspicious accidents
Shalini
"I went to the Land of Braxton
Met up with Kellan and Ulan
A cousin from Africa he was
Wanted to move to New house
But a ghost haunted that place
A skeleton was found in old library space
A confession, an attack on the side
A new murder too on the hayride
Who was the victim no one knew
The suspects were old but still new
Father and son were present
Ex and new, old and psychic were sent
A priest and his family were shaken
Kellan and April, their time was taken ...more
Betty
I have read the previous books and found them clever and action packed. The 5th edition continues in the same vein. At first I had trouble getting into the story as the author introduced many new characters making the narrative difficult to read as you try orient yourself to connect all the characters. I felt the story was too busy at times. I forgot trying understand the characters, after I forgot the relationships and just read I had no problems.

Kellen Ayrwick agree to take a young
Bernard Jan
The title says it best: you have a haunted house; you have a ghost. But you also have Halloween, the Fall Festival, a murder, a killer, and a 50-year-old skeleton. What more do we need to get intrigued and dive into this macabre story!

Haunted House Ghost is a cozy mystery novel finely dosed with excitement, expectation, curiosity, and humor. James J. Cudney has created a true holiday atmosphere and charismatic and
Carla Johnson-Hicks
I thoroughly enjoy this series. Kellan Ayrwick is a great protagonist who constantly finds dead bodies and ends up helping to solve the mystery behind the murders. This is the fifth book in the series, and although you can read them as standalone stories, I recommend you read this one in order. There is a lot of character development that happens in each book as well as history that will help you to enjoy these books to the utmost.

As this is a Halloween story, this story has some par
Amber Garabrandt
Oct 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Fall is in the air and it's time for the annual Fall Festival!  Haunted hay rides, corn mazes, and a renowned psychic.  Kellen is roped into helping out with the festivities by his overbearing nana/mayor.

At the same time, he's helping his daughter cope with her no-longer-dead mother, his nephew integrate into school and life away from his elephant-saving father, and getting a fifty year old house habitable.  Strange things are going down with the construction crew, though.  Missing/
Julie
Whoa! I think my head is still spinning from attempting to keep up with the sprawling cast of characters in HAUNTED HOUSE GHOST! I'm very grateful to Cudney for including a character list at the beginning of his book that I actually had to reference several times, but even that wasn't truly enough-- at one point I thought I had better start drawing family trees to try and understand everyone's intricate connection to one another! For me, the enormous amount of characters slowed the flow of the n ...more
Karen Dowdall
A Book Review of Haunted House Ghost by James J. Cudney IV
James J. Cudney IV’s captivating mystery, The Haunted House Ghost is the 5th book in the Braxton Campus Mystery series. The novel itself is a marvel of intricacy, very much like a corn maze, with dead-end paths just when you think you know who the murderer is and it leaves you guessing, and you forge ahead as the Protagonist, Professor Kellan continues to forge ahead to unravel the 50 year old mystery. Beyond the mystery are unique
Noriko
Oct 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cozy-mystery
Oh. My. Gosh.

Pardon my responses getting old and almost identical to my previous ones, but this is what this author’s books do to me especially when it ends with a cliffhanger.

HE DROPPED A BOMBSHELL AGAIN. He knowingly left us with a massive cliffhanger that makes our heart palpitating and leaves our mind galloping so fast.
At the time of writing this, I’m still reeling from the initial shock. I seem to need to take a long, deep, calming breath before proceeding any further, and I blame the au
Stanley McShane
Oct 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Although this is the fifth in the Braxton Campus Mysteries, Haunted House Ghost works fine as a standalone and this one is particularly unique.

April and Connor figure prominently again as the local detectives, with April becoming a romantic interest. Kellan has a large family unit, most notably Saraphina Danby, better known as Nana D and recently elected mayor, as well as daughter Emma. Kellan now functions as a college professor.

This entry to the series has Kellan finish
Balroop Singh
Nov 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I avoid the stories that haunt, ghosts have never been my favorite characters yet Haunted House Ghost beckoned me because I have been following Braxton Campus series that coruscate with delightful mysteries, well-crafted characters and witty dialogue. Spooky imagery sets the tone with a meticulous choice of words right in the beginning, easing a little as the book progresses.

The plot is so intertwined with present and past connections that you have to be alert all the time. A plethora of charac
Mary Deal
Oct 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Twisted Mysteries
A Ghost, Halloween Festival, and Secrets Long Buried Exposed

I’ve gone over the previous stories in this series while looking at the map included in this book and placed everyone and all the action in the various locations. The list of characters and how they relate in the story is a great idea too. The map and list of characters creates a great foundation.

As the story progresses, Cudney continues to build the personalities of his characters, their interactions among thems
Lisa Reynolds
Oct 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Haunted House Ghost: Death At The Fall Festival (2019) is the fifth book in author James J. Cudney’s Braxton Campus Mysteries series.

Previously I have read the first two books in this series but when I came to continuing with this series, I couldn’t help skipping ahead to this book with the season of Halloween that is in it but I plan to return to books three and four in the future.

In this outing, the protagonist of the series Kellan finds himself with a Halloween-themed
Mae Clair
Nov 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is my first Braxton Campus mystery. It was a delight discovering these characters—and there are many. When you join a series in progress, it’s easy to get lost, but not with the Braxton series. The author did an excellent job of establishing who was who, as well as explaining the relationships that connected all the people in this fabulous fictional setting.

College professor and amateur sleuth, Kellan, moves into an old house only to discover it may be haunted by ghosts of the p
Fee (Ebook Addicts)
Oct 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, read-in-2019
This may be the fifth book in the Braxton Campus Mysteries series, but I felt right at home with the characters from the beginning. The who's who at the start was very helpful indeed, since this book had a whole host of characters, I initially felt overwhelmed reading that but soon discovered the book would narrow them down and we would only dealing with a select few -phew!

Our main character Kellen has bought and is renovation the Old Grey House which just so happens to be haunted, o
Diane Hernandez
Oct 08, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: blog-tour
It’s Halloween and Professor Kellan is renovating his newly purchased rundown mansion in the Haunted House Ghost.

A current mystery and a historic one compete for Kellan and his potential girlfriend, Sheriff April’s attention. Between that, a Fall Festival, a ghost, home renovations, a psychic, and a skeleton, no wonder Kellan and April can’t even find the time to go out on a date!

Good thing there is a guide to Who’s Who in the front of the book. This book has the largest cast of any
Sep 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This season we are back with Kellan as he’s once again pulled in a million different directions what with parenting not only Emma but his cousin as well, along with teaching, other family obligations with Nana D, Violet, Eleanor, etc., and being co-chair of a Halloween/Fall Festival being held at Danby Landing, all while trying to complete fixing up his newold house so they can move in. But all is not smooth sailing for the Ayrwick family as strange things have been happening during the renovati ...more
Anne
Sep 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'm a huge fan of Cudney's and of course love this series! Protagonist Kellen is moving into his new home that is rumored to be haunted and the first scene will scare you enough to compel you to finish. It's the same quirky family, featuring his sweet young daughter, feisty Nana D as well as the rest of his family and relatively new love interest, April. There are several murders and lots of characters, layers and layers of plot and history surrounding the house. Even though I recommend reading ...more
Lisa M Berman
Oct 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Love this mystery series !

The perfect combination of suspense and thrills to the reader. The hilarity and heartwarming relationships of family, plus the drama of small town living makes it a fun read.

I am in love with Kellan and am hoping Nana D will adopt me.

Haunted House Ghost is a super read for October and Halloween season !
Linda L Kearns
LYNDA
Oct 06, 2019
Misty's Book Space
Aug 22, 2019

• Molded 4 Murder (Sophie Kimball Mystery #5)
  • Apple Cider Slaying (A Cider Shop Mystery #1)
  • Christmas Cow Bells (A Buttermilk Creek Mystery #1)
  • Sketch
  • Buried in the Stacks (The Haunted Library Mysteries, #3)
  • Red at the Bone
  • Death Among Us: An Anthology of Murder Mystery Short Stories
  • The Nanny
  • Never Have I Ever
  • Dear Edward
  • Desolate Shores (An Aspen Adams Novel of Suspense Book 1)
  • Her
  • The Sin Soldiers (Fragments #1)
  • Why She Lied
  • Trace of Evil
  • Colombiano
  • Becoming the Dark Prince (Stalking Jack the Ripper, #3.5)
  • As Long as We Both Shall Live
James is my given name; most call me Jay. I grew up on Long Island and currently live in New York City, but I've traveled all across the US (and various parts of the world). After college, I spent 15 years working in technology and business operations in the sports, entertainment and media industries. Although I enjoyed my job, I left in 2016 to focus on my passion: telling stories and connecting ...more

Braxton Campus Mysteries (5 books)
  • Academic Curveball (Braxton Campus Mysteries #1)
  • Broken Heart Attack (Braxton Campus Mysteries #2)
  • Flower Power Trip (Braxton Campus Mysteries #3)
  • Mistaken Identity Crisis (Braxton Campus Mysteries #4)