Start by marking “Heist of Hearts: The Beginning (Stolen Desires #0.5)” as Want to Read:
Heist of Hearts: The Beginning (Stolen Desires #0.5)

Heist of Hearts: The Beginning

(Stolen Desires 0.5)

It begins with a legend . . .
Leads to a betrayal . . .
Provokes a murder . . .
And could end with the score of a lifetime.

I should have known better than to fall for a thief. After all, I was one of the best. But Remy St. James exploded into my life, took what he wanted, then disappeared like smoke.

Unlike a priceless piece of art, Remy isn't wor
Published September 27th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Heist of Hearts, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Heist of Hearts

Start your review of Heist of Hearts: The Beginning (Stolen Desires #0.5)
Dana
Sep 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ummm....what in the bloody h^ll did I just read!!!! I’ll tell you what.... a bada^ss heroine who is going to kick some a^^!!!!

Okay, I need to calm down...I’m trying...but GAH!!! I LOVED Heist of Hearts: The Beginning!!! This book....this story...this subject matter....it’s so refreshing!!! It is something I have never read before and

I.JUST.WANT. MORE!!!

Ms. Dyer is proving why she won the RITA! She continues to bring us these characters and storylines that wil
Fizza
Oct 21, 2019 rated it liked it
looking forward to more sterling x caroline interactions in the first novel now!
Rih
Shelves: mystery, 2019
The Heist of Hearts: The Beginning by Elizabeth Dyer is a prequel to her new Romantic Suspense and International Mystery series Stolen Desires. The story is mysterious, elegant, warmhearted flirtatious, and has the old charm of a classic movie.
The story allured me from the very beginning with the rules of thievery written by the wonderful character Felix Durand, a mentor-big brother-father figure who was the glue that tied an unconventional family of five thieves, the adventurer, the playb
Nikki Brooks
Felix Durand was a master thief. But, more importantly, he was a good man. He took in a group of misfit teenagers and taught them everything he knows. He became the father/big brother figure to them and they adored him. However, like every family, cracks appeared in this tightly knit group and relationships faltered and they drfted apart.

Caroline was contacted by Felix to carry out a new job but when she arrives she finds him dying in his apartment. The killer is a fellow obsessive w
Em__Jay
Sep 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Yes, I am a fan of art/jewel heist books but a book set in this world still needs to hold itself up in terms of narrative and characters – something that HEIST OF HEARTS by Elizabeth Dyer does marvellously well. This novella is an introduction to the Stolen Desires series that features Felix Durand’s chosen family. He picked them, he trained them, he let them make their way in the world, and now he is dead. Killed.

We are immediately immersed in a world of wealth, betrayal, murder and intrigue.
Frances
Sep 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Very rarely, if ever, do I give a novella a 5-star rating. But THIS one? This one quite possibly deserves more than 5.

Wow. What a prequel to an extremely promising and action-packed new series by Elizabeth Dyer. I’m extremely intrigued and cannot wait for the next book, Heist of Hearts: The Red Queen (book 1).

Brava, Ms Dyer!!
Brandi Reeves-Pearson (Southern Night Owls Books)

Heist of Hearts is a brilliant starter for Elizabeth Dyer's new series. From the moment I started reading, I didn't want to put this one down, and I admit, I was sucked in immediately. Although this is a novella, I'm glad Elizabeth wrote it. There are a lot of aspects that are shown, so I feel this was definitely needed before diving into the first book.

With any Elizabeth Dyer's books, there is always a hint of mystery. I found myself wondering who the "villain" of this series will be. Is it
Jenny
Sep 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I have never had a novella hook me, intrigue me, captivate me so fast into a story that I am IMPATIENTLY waiting on the first book.

There are so many quick witted, scandalous at times and "why didn't I think of that" comebacks that draw you instanatly into this "family" of Art thieves that I thought I was one of them easily. Well, I wanted to be one of them just like I wanted to be one of the "Friends" on the TV show so badly when it came out.

Caroline tells the story from her POV and
Kelly
Sep 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Heist of Hearts: The Beginning is exactly that. A prequel, introducing you to the main characters and giving you a look at the backstory. It is full of intrigue and grasps you from the very first page. Who are these people? How are they connected? Where is this going? It’s beautifully written. Each sentence with a purpose and bleeding from the page.

Caroline, Sterling, and Remy have me itching at the bit for more. I need to know more. I need to get under the layers that Dyer so intric
Denise H
Oct 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Heist of Hearts: The Beginning is a prequel novella to Dyer’s new RS series, Stolen Desires. From the beginning, this novella is an interesting read that draws the reader into a world of thievery full of mystery, intrigue, and murder with an unlikely bunch of friends who make up an eccentric family. These five individuals are tied together in an unconventional way through their mentor and friend who is murdered. This story brings them together for the funeral, reflection, and provides the backgr ...more
Amy Thomas
Sep 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow, from the first page I was hooked. The intrigue and suspense kept me glued to the pages, needing to get to the answers. I loved the characters, how they all interconnect and, their story so far. I loved how we got to meet them all but that there is still so much we need to know, especially about Remy. Caroline's mentor was an interesting man and I'm excited to see where he's leading her. This book was an entertaining and fantastic read and sets up this series perfectly. Answering some of the ...more
Mybookscafe
Sep 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I am awe struck with the writing by Elizabeth Dyer in this book. Heists of hearts is the introduction to her upcoming series and what an incredible introduction!!
I've always love reading about art heists. They are thrilling, exciting and that's what I got reading this book.
One of my favorite things about this book, how I could picture the pieces in my mind, as they were being described.
The story flowed easily, it provides the all the details needed to lead into the series perfectly.
Reading Addict
Sep 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow! If this novella is any indication the Heist of Hearts series is going to be amazing! This story begins as a reunion of friends in Paris at the burial of their mentor Felix. These friends aren't your typical types but a group of elite art thieves. The story is told from the perspective of Caroline. She has left the mostly illegal part of her life behind and now works in recovering stolen objects of art. She is very familiar with the loss one feels from theft because someone that she trusted ...more
Carla Na
Oct 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was hesitant to write a review because no matter what I write it won't do the book justice but here it goes as an English literature student I just love the way Elizabeth dyer uses all elements of the English language in this book the figurative langaue used is amazing I love the way the characters are introduced it got me hooked to the point where I read the book in 3 hours and reread the book again all night, not to forget the background information given in the book keeps your interest piqu ...more
Tammy Henke
Sep 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Never trust a thief..... After Reading the Somerton Security books I was excited to start this new series and Ms. Dyer did not disappoint! Her use of metaphors and similes truly makes her a maestro of the English language. She opens to a tragic event but drops you into a treasure heist of historical reference and personal betrayal. Her character and story buildup are superb. I did, however, find the chapters to be quite long in duration, they did keep me intrigued and captivated throughout. This ...more
Denise Van plew
Sep 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I had read this author one other time so when I seen this one I knew it would be worth looking into it and I was right on. It also played on my weakness of suspense with the romance. Caroline is not your normal female alpha in this one which is another reason it has the body to keep your attention. This was not my normal line of story but still kept my attention. Remy is a class on his own also. Since this is the beginning of a series it promises more to come. Even though you can not trust a the ...more
Arielle
Sep 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Beginning of Something Great!

I had no idea what I was getting myself into but OH MY GOSH I absolutely love this book! It’s the intro to the new Heist of Hearts series and I seriously cannot wait! Elizabeth Dyer introduces a handful of amazing characters that I know will all have such great stories. But in particular, we get to know Caroline in all her first and intriguing glory! I’m dying to see how her story plays out and I promise you’ll be just as curious once you read the book!
Kimberly Hill
The Stage is Set!

This new series is going too be a hot one! The Beginning sets the stage and introduces us to the cast of players; art thieves, reformed art thieves and a host of possibilities. Love gone wrong and the hint of sizzling, hot romance between the intrigue and adventure that is to come. Love, life, death and adventure; Elizabeth delivers.

I became a fan of Elizabeth’s Somerton Securities series. Heist of Hearts cements her as one of my must read authors. Don’t miss The Beginning!
Jill  Kirtley
Oct 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic!

Caroline, Remy, and Sterling are the main characters in this intriguing romantic suspense novella, that sets the scene for the Stolen Desires series. There’s murder, an unconventional family of thieves, a straight laced good guy, a heartbreaking bad guy, and a beautiful woman. It’s a fantastic start to what’s promising to be an exciting and thrilling series. I can’t wait for more!
Mandi Martinez
Sep 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved every twist and turn of this book! And the ending has me dying for more...I can't wait for the next book! As much as I keep thinking up theories in my mind, I feel like a new twist is introduced and I'm thrown off course! Literally the best kind of book as it keeps you guessing the entire time. Excellent writing from the incredible Elizabeth Dyer, this may be my first book of hers...but it most certainly WON'T be the last!!!
Dicentra
Oct 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Great start to a new series

Loved this book. There really wasn't anything I didn't like about Caroline - and I was sad about Felix because I really wanted more of him. I love an h that is smart and still sexy, bright and determined, but not bitchy or stupid-stubborn. I can't wait for more!! I would have given 5 stars but there were some fairly easy to spot typos so it's more like 4.5 for me.
Lana-White Hot Reads
Sep 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Intriguing, captivated,keep you on your toes read.

I can't wait to dive into Elizabeth's new series and this short novella was the perfect little taste and tease of what's to come. Set in the art world, Caroline tries to balance her old and new life all the while deciding if she wants to continue what was started.
Elena Garcia
Oct 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Suspenseful Delight!

Wow, do I really have to wait almost 4 months for the next book to be released?? This book has captured me, sent me down a path in which is keeping me guessing and wanting to know what she is going to do. Elizabeth you are amazing, I cant wait to read your other novels.
Crystal
Wow. Just wow. Art and mystery, plus compelling characters? Perfection, although this is just the beginning, so you have to go in knowing the story isn't complete in this book. Definitely amazing, and a must read!
Sophie Ruthven
Sep 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I have missed words from this author!!
She really knows how to grip readers from cover to cover.
The start of this new series is no different.
This book was a perfect introduction to everyone.
Can't wait to see what happens next!!
Tracie Fread
Oct 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Umm this series is going to be AMAZING!!!!
I didn’t want this prequel book to be over. I actually stopped reading at 82% for a couple hours because I wanted to hold onto the story. Elizabeth Dyer has hit this one out of the park. I can’t wait to read the rest.
Sasha
Sep 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Yes! Yes! Yes! I am beyond excited for this series. The beginning novella was such s great build up for what’s to come. Mystery, art theft, interesting characters, this whole series has a decadent and intriguing feeling to it and I am totally here for it.

Dyer is a fantastic story teller, I can’t wait to see where she takes us on this.
Shhhh...I’m reading
The only bad thing about this novella is having to wait 4 months to read Red Queen.

I am so excited!
Ashley
Oct 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
The blurb drew me in!

Definitely can't wait to the rest of the story. Such a good prequel!! We learn so much in such a short time. Can't wait!
Hotnholy
Sep 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
My mistake i read this without first checking when book 1 was out...

... and so the wait begins.

• Where the Blame Lies
  • White Knight (Dirty Mafia Duet, #2)
  • Stateless (Stateless, #1)
  • Love in Due Time (Green Valley Library, #1)
  • Southern Heartbreaker (Charleston Heat, #4)
  • LAKE (Trinity Academy #3)
  • Gypsy King (Tin Gypsy, #1)
  • The Real Deal (Dublin Nights, #3)
  • Echo (Linear Tactical #7)
  • The Obsession (Filthy Rich Americans, #2)
  • Noble Savages Box Set
  • MASON (Trinity Academy #2)
  • Shadow (Linear Tactical #6)
  • No Vacancy
  • Black Sheep (Dirty Mafia Duet, #1)
  • FALCON (Trinity Academy #1)
  • Mr. Mayfair
  • The Dugout (Brentwood Baseball, #2)

Stolen Desires (3 books)
  • Heist of Hearts: The Red Queen (Stolen Desires #1)
  • Heist of Hearts - The Suicide King (Stolen Desires #2)
  • Heist of Hearts - The Blood Ace (Stolen Desires #3)
“He was, without question, the Holmes to my Adler. And every time I tested myself against him, teased or taunted him, triumphed in the field over him—God, but it turned me on.” 0 likes