Start by marking “Dark King (Advantage Play, #2)” as Want to Read:
Dark King (Advantage Play, #2)

Dark King

(Advantage Play #2)

To be announced...on 9/23.
Expected publication: October 7th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Dark King, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dark King

Paulette
Aug 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Kelsie Rae what are you doing to me? This book is completely messing with me. So now you’ve answered the who, what, where, why and how....somewhat, but again I have those same questions. I don’t feel comfortable yet. Let me tell you that is a compliment. Just when you think you have it all sorted out (and I’m proud to say I did have something figured out. I consider myself a sleuth...just kidding) you throw me curveballs, sliders and everything else. So now I’m waiting on book 3. You need to hur ...more
Joleen Grace
Sep 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was so happy with this book! It was stoked to see how it would play out and I wasn’t disappointed. It’s dark enough to be interesting but not so dark to be super disturbing. The sexy scenes were subtle but hot! Bet book three will be just as great too!! Hope this genre stays in her writing future!
Whitney Wells
Sep 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Gosh I freaking devoured Dark King in less then a day! Dark king blew me out of the water with the twists and turns. All of the Kelsie Rae books I've read are light and playful, Dark king is totally opposite of that, there is still playfulness weaved through with King and Ace. I loved watching their relationship grow!
Becca
Sep 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The conclusion to Wild Card (you must read Wild Card to read Dark King).

In Dark King, we get to see the real Kingston come out to play. With his sister and Ace's lives on the line, he must come up with a way to keep them safe while also taking down Ace's enemy #1.

Great book full of action and steaminess.
Kim Gauger
Sep 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The end of Ace and Kingston story, but just the beginning of this series. This series is a totally new direction for Kelsie Rae and she knocks the mafia boss book out of the park! There is so much emotion throughout this book I fell hard for the Dark King and how soft he can be one minute and cold hearted the next. A fantastic new series and I can’t wait to see how all of the characters play out! True five star read!
Gretchen Chasse
Sep 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Book 2 picks up right where book 1 left off and kept the suspenseful action going. Ace and King are a perfect match. The book has great supporting characters that are just as enjoyable to read about as the main ones. A good conclusion to the story between Ace and King but I want, no NEED more, I'm hooked. A definite re-read that's going on my favorites list.
Melissa Adams
Aug 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a fantastic ending to Ace and King’s story. Well what can I say! An incredible book from Kelsie from the start to the finish. This book has all the feels of an amazing story. Interesting characters, interesting story line, thrills, suspense and love. If there is any book you need to read by Kelsie you need to read this series. This book rivals some of the best authors in this genre. Well done!! Loved Ace and King together and their journey through this book but also especially lived the oth ...more
Jenn Gable
Aug 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Carrie
Aug 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Well, she’s done it again! The second book in the Advantage Play series was as good as the first! I was lucky enough to receive an ARC of both books! Wasn’t sure where things would go in this book considering the cliffhanger at the end of book 1, but I was not disappointed! Both Ace and Kingston have evolved as characters and it was great see they ways they changed. A great read.
Natalie
Aug 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a great finale to Ace and Kingston’s story!! King is a mob boss that showed he could be sweet for the right girl. Ace is a street smart girl who’s sole purpose is to get revenge and answers about her mom’s disappearance. I found myself trying to read slower so I could try to make the book last longer. I was so sad when I got to the last page. This series is a bit different than Kelsie’s previous books. She knocked it out of the park!! I hope she continues to surprise us with different facet ...more
CS
Aug 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved this Conclusion to “Ace” and King’s dark romantic relationship. Fast paced, well written, suspenseful and filled with graphic raw scenes.
I loved the intense passion that was a mixture of love, hate, vengeance and retribution.
Kudos to the author for having the strong immovable Kingston admitting his need for Ace.
Everything I love in a dark romance!

Kendra Myers
Sep 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Thrilling! Suspenseful! Dramatic! Fab-u-lous!!!

Book 2 was all I hoped it would be. I had so many questions at the end of book 1 and I couldn't wait to get the answers.
Would King and his crew would come to Ace's rescue or not?
Who really is Jack?
What happened to Ace's mom?
Will Burlone get what's coming to him?
All your questions will be answered. And the answers are spectacular!
When Kingston is forced to bring out his dark side to protect what's his, Ace gets to see a new side of him. The Da
Kym Harding
Sep 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Well what should I start with...... OK book one was a slow starter for me, this however was Not!!!!! .

Action, tension & suspense from page one. Twists turns hidden agendas and surprises all round. Characters to fall for and book boyfriends to dream of. This book has it all.

I love how kelsie brought forward characters from the background of book 1 to the forefront of book 2, delving into forgotten family secrets and allowing deep bonds to be formed with characters. I do not know what to say
Jessica
Mind blown!
Seriously!
This is book 2 in the series - DO NOT READ BEFORE BOOK 1 - you will be lost.

This story takes place immediately after the first book. Immediately. If you are curious as to what is going on with these characters you need to read this one.
I'm not going to say anything about this one in fear I'll ruin it for you. (Even though I desperately want to talk about this one and see if you have any favorite charters like I do. *SIGH*)

P.S. Now I really want more stories in this series.
Amber
Sep 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Will Kingston have to show his cards as the Dark King to save Ace and his sister? Will he choose family or love? The Dark King is full of suspense, action, and the right amount to sexy. You start to think you can see how this is all going to end, but then a twist happens and it makes you question will this be a HEA.

Spoiler: Ace's best friend is not who you think she is, Good or Bad? You'll have to read to the end to find out.
Michelle
Sep 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love Kingston and Ace’s relationship. The trust between them is clearly shown especially in this book. It practically explodes from the pages. Ace is supportive of Kingston’s decisions and vice versa. I even fell more in love with D. I don’t think I’ve ever finished two books so fast. I just couldn’t put it down!
Ashley  H
Sep 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic conclusion to Wild Card. We really got to see who Kingston really was. I loved this book and just like the first i wasn't able to put it down! SO GOOD! Well done Kelsie! I cannot wait for the next book in this series!
Kara
Sep 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow! The conclusion of Ace and Kingston's story was fantastic! The plotting, the behind the scenes, the action, all kept the pages furiously turning. I can't wait for Little Bird to get the other side of the drama! Well done, Kelsie!
Alyson
Sep 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is book 2 in the advantage play series and I was not disappointed. The conclusion to Kingston and Ace’s story was perfect. I definitely recommend not only this book, but this series. I can’t wait for book 3 to release!
Jamie
Sep 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Epic conclusion to the duet. Twist & turns with lines crossed that will keep you guessing to the very end. I very much enjoyed this duet & will look for more books by this author in the future.
Angel
Sep 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Rae turns up the heat, the angst, and the gritty, delicious torture in DARK KING. It's just as gripping as WILD CARD- but BETTER! A phenomenal sequel! I cannot wait for LITTLE BIRD!
Christina Pannell
Sep 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is book 2 in the advantage play series and it leaves off exactly where Wild Card stops. This book keeps you on the edge of your seat as to what will happen next in this mafia world.
I can’t wait for book 3
Vilma
Sep 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ace and Kingston continue the story from Wild Card. I’ve never been a fan of dark romance, or mafia romance, but Kingston and Ace have chemistry that sets the pages on fire. I gave the first book a 4 star rating, but after reading the second story I’m sure that was because I was left wanting.

Well, this one did not disappoint. There were a few twists to Kingston’s family that you definitely don’t see coming. Oh, you think you know, but you really don’t; and oh my, I literally could not put this b
Melody Bryant
Sep 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
It just keeps getting better!

I love a book that can grab my attention and make me want to devour it in one sitting. That was this book. I finished it over the course of a day, and I have a three-year-old, so you know how challenging that can be!

Picking up right where we left off in Wild Card, we go through a wild and exciting ride. The characters become deeper, the plot gets even more twisted, and the romance heats up.

I loved everything about this book and I cannot wait to get my hands on Litt
Mari Acosta
Sep 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I cannot get enough of this series! Maybe it's because I like poker but Ace and King are amazing. Kelsie Rae had definitely found another niche in the book world and I can't wait for her to keep it going.
Daniel Cade Quinn
Ananya Bhaskara
Sep 03, 2019
Ellee
Sep 04, 2019
Kelsie is a sucker for a love story with all the feels. When she's not chasing words for her next book, you will probably find her reading or, more likely, hanging out with her husband and playing with her three kiddos who love to drive her crazy.

She adores photography, baking, her yorkie, Bob, and her devon rex, Mara. And now that she's actively pursuing her writing dreams, she's set her sights o

Advantage Play (2 books)
  • Wild Card (Advantage Play, #1)