Start by marking “The Navigator (Tales of the Wendy, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Navigator (Tales of the Wendy, #2)

The Navigator

(Tales of the Wendy #2)

NOT EVERY ADVENTURE GOES AS PLANNED …

Wendy’s troubles are far from over. Hook wants her in irons, the crew wants to throw her overboard, and Pan’s magical compass is the only thing standing in their way. But Pan himself is nowhere to be found.

When a new everlost captain appears on the horizon, it will take everything Wendy has to survive.

And a tiny red dragon will set
Published October 8th 2019 by Trash Dogs Media, LLC

To ask other readers questions about The Navigator, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Navigator

Start your review of The Navigator (Tales of the Wendy, #2)
Maja  - BibliophiliaDK ✨
I AM COMPLETELY IN LOVE WITH THIS SERIES!

Once again, I have read many retellings, but few have impressed me as much as this series. It is innovative while still staying true to the original. The only thing that makes me mad, is that I don't know when I get to read the next book!

"Don't think Captain Hook is above placing a dog in irons, because he is not."

THE THINGS I LOVED

Pan!: The very best part of this book, compared to the previous, was definitely the fact that there was more Pan in
Steven Brown
Oct 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Has to be one of the top 4 books I have written.
Violet Stone
Jul 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Guys! It's release day! The Navigator is now available! Grab your copy!

Where do I even start with this glorious book? It contains that childlike wonder while still dealing with mature themes, such as loss and war.

Wendy is now the navigator for Hook's ship. She's done it! Her dream of sailing with the English Navy is coming true, of course this is all begrudgingly of course. Since she's the only one the magic compass will work for, they sort of have to bring her along.

While she struggles to prove
Rachel
*thank you to Netgalley, Erin Michelle Sky, Steven Brown and INscribe Digital for an ARC of this book in exchange for an honest review*

4 stars.

After having read "The Wendy" which is the first story in this series, I was eager to get my hands on a copy of this one as I thoroughly enjoyed the first. This did not disappoint at all. It's such a fun retelling version of Peter Pans characters with the author's own twists to the characters. It was such fun to read and I really like Wendy's character.
Lydia Sherrer
Oct 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Navigator takes Barrie’s Peter Pan to a whole new level

When I finished reading Book 1 of Tales of the Wendy several years ago, I remember how upset I was because, at the time, there was not yet any release date announced for the next book! I was staring at a bleak, tortuous landscape of never-ending years spent longing for the next book with no relief on the horizon. Knowing that may give you just a peak at how much I enjoyed “The Wendy” and how much I was looking forward to “The Navigator.”
Fernanda Granzotto
Sep 16, 2019 rated it liked it
* Thank you Netgalley and INscribe Digital for sending me an e-arc of this book for review, all opinions are my own*

This book was much slower than the first one.

I feel like during the whole book I didn't know where the story was going, which sometimes can be good or bad I haven't decided yet, even though I finished the book I still don't know if I liked the way the story is going but I admit that the end left me more excited and intrigued for the third book.
I highly recommend you pick up this
Patricia Burroughs
I thoroughly enjoyed The Wendy, the first book in this series.

But in no way did it prepare me for this book, its sequel.

The Navigator is a wild ride with unexpected turns of plot and revelations, and Wendy comes into her own again and again. Part of the delight of The Navigator is the many ways the authors have played with the concepts of the source material while still being true to the essence of its characters and rollicking adventure.

The "Tales of The Wendy" series is Peter Pan turned
E.J. Hill
Often I love the first book of the series, but then I'm not as crazy about the second one. The Navigator though… it was amazing!
The story started out a little slow, but once the crew arrived in Neverland… I had to hold on to my hat because I got sprinkled with pixie dust and there was no way I could keep my feet on the ground. Neverland was a magical and beautiful place that held many marvellous things such as mermaids, dragons, imps, and of course, the much-feared Croc. This last one, the
Melanie
Oct 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a great twist to an old tale. I am so glad that these author's stayed true to the same characters and places but just put their own twist on Neverland and some other aspects of this story. A great read for sure. I will not look at this movie the same again.

In the first book of this series, The Wendy, we meet and learn a lot about Wendy Darling. Wendy wants to be on a ship with a crew, but she never intended to be on a ship with Captain Hook. Wendy is a very ambitious young lady that is
Annette
Sep 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
I got this book from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

From the moment I discovered the Wendy I was intrigued. The first book certainly didn’t disappoint and was everything I had hoped for and more. But, the first book didn’t lead us to Neverland and I was very curious to find out what the authors would do with that amazing world.

And in this book I got everything I wanted and could dream of. The world of Neverland was even more amazing than I had hoped. At times it was bizarre and at
Raven_Blake (dreamy addictions)
Actual Rating: 3.5 stars!

Review to come...
T.A.
Oct 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Some of you may have heard or seen me talk about The Wendy before, which is the first book in this series and immediately became one of my favorites when I read it back in 2018. I've recommended it more times than I can count and will continue to do so until the end of time because the book is honestly just that good. So you could say my expectations for this second book in the series were very high and very hopeful.

Not only did the book live up to my hopes and expectations, it exceeded them in
Emmie (Oncemorewithreading)
Sep 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Thank you to NetGalley and INscribe Digital for providing me with a copy of the book in exchange for an honest review.

I was lucky enough to be able to jump into this book straight after reading The Wendy. I found myself somewhat obsessed with this re-telling as was so eager to jump right in. Imagine my surprise when I realised that there is at least another book in this series! I’m absolutely gutted I have to wait for the next one because I really do love this re-telling.

Wendy is a strong,
Lucy Gardiner (luc_lostinbooks)
The Navigator is a continuation of The Wendy. Wendy and her team are aboard Hooks ship setting sail for Neverland.
Nice short chapters that capture your attention. Like the way the author seemed to speak directly to the reader during the first chapter, getting us all up to date.

Wendy is still a fabulous character tenacious and strong in such a male dominated setting.

We finally get to see Neverland, the descriptions were informative and easy to imagine. We also get to meet new characters that
Emilie
Nov 11, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed the second installment of this series. It was fun and interesting to see how Wendy grows into her new responsibilities and takes charge of her career and her future. I enjoyed seeing her relationship with Hook develop. Wendy's understanding of herself and how she fits into her world grew and I really liked reading about that.
I didn't love this book as much as I loved the first book in the series, I think because the action and plot seemed just a little bit aimless--there wasn't
Vancil C. Thomas
Oct 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Tremendous story!

When I finished the first of this series, The Wendy, I immediately went online and purchased The Navigator. I wanted to keep reading to find out if Miss Darling would be successful in her adventures and I was not disappointed! Seriously, I could not stop reading, sometimes reading until 1 or 2 am because of all the action. And this story is full of action!!! I will be waiting patiently for the 3rd book in the series; getting caught up on a few repairs and a bit of painting
Louise
Nov 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A copy of this was provided free of charge from the publisher in return for an honest review.

What fun adventures these stories are!

A historical Peter Pan retelling that reimagines Wendy as the protagonist, an orphan with dreams of sailing the seas and captaining a ship.

As I said when I reviewed The Wendy, I felt that in these books, Sky and Brown have managed to create a more realistic retelling–or at least as realistic as a story can be with fairies and flying pirate ships. I really enjoyed
Allyx M
Oct 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I just love these books so dang much. So endearing and so much fun. I love Peter. His story is sad and interesting, and he is so loveable. Hook- I like him more than a friend. And I usually don’t love main characters who everyone seems to fawn over and can do no wrong- that’s definitely Wendy, but you can’t help but love her too! That’s it, take me to Neverland!
Patricia Burroughs
I am brimming over with fabulous fabulous feelings about The Navigator. It was even better than The Wendy. I have to wait until my thoughts settle a bit and right now, I just want to wallow in the book hangover! So... review to come!
April
Wow, another thrilling adventure! It is going to be incredibly hard to wait for the release of Book 3 this Summer! The Authors have truly taken this tale and made it their own!
Errin Krystal
Oct 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
If you haven't read The Wendy, then go do it now! I'll wait... Also read Tigerlilja, (the companion novelette) which I highly recommend you read before The Navigator. Just trust me on this, you will gain a richer understanding of certain characters having read Tigerlilja first.

Like I said, just trust me on this.

Anywho, get ready to be awed, because as much as I loved The Wendy, The Navigator is on a whole other level! Of the two, its definitely my favorite!

The Navigator picks up pretty much
Laney Estel
Sep 18, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
BOOK REVIEW
BOOK: The Navigator
AUTHOR: Erin Michelle Sky & Steven Brown
#ErinMichelleSky

When I found out about this book, I was so excited to read it. I had just read the first book, The Wendy, and wanted to continue on the story.

Wendy, equipped with a compass given to her by Peter, is leading Captain Hook’s ship to find Neverland. Only she can read the compass, and becomes, The Navigator. With John and Michael, fellow ship mates, to help her, she sets out on a special mission of her own. She
Julie
Oct 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
I was thrilled when Erin wrote to me and offered me an advanced copy of The Navigator. I missed the Wendy and Peter and Hook and, of course, the Fourteenth Platoon. This book doesn't disappoint - we are once again transported into the whimsical world of the beloved fairy tale Peter Pan with a healthy dose of feminism that just pulled me right in during the first book. My favourite parts were definitely the adventures at sea and the beautiful imagery that Erin evocates through her writing.

This is
Oct 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Holy Cow. I loved the first book in this series, The Wendy, but y'all The Navigator blows it out of the water. Cannon pun fully intended. It picks up right where the first one left off, with all of us sailing headlong into adventure. These writers excel at world building. Neverland was more than I could have hoped, absolutely magical. I loved how the land itself is connected to Peter and the explanations of how everything works. The way it provides a home and safe haven for those who need it ...more
Deanna
Dec 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Wendy’s grand adventures continue!!

I’m so smitten by the Wendy! And by Peter and Tinker Bell and Hook, Michael, John, Charming, Tigerlilja and the rest. How delicious, too, to see Mortimer Black once again, especially under such circumstances!

This reimagining of Peter Pan is one of the best I’ve read, in the history of EVER and while I’m waiting with great anticipation for book 3, I’m also going to be broken hearted for it all to be over!!!

I want to crow about this book! I want to expound
Becca
Oct 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another win

If you like strong girl heroes with cunning, wit, and class, the Wendy is for you. She dances swashbuckled circles around her fellows, but maintains her feminine sensitivities with beauty and charm. Even Captain Hook has more depth and dimension, and Neverland is the place where life-changing adventures unfold. You don't want to miss this Tales of the Wendy series. I'm waiting for the finale with bated breath!
Véronique Laplante Grenier
Sep 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Thanks to netgalley and the publisher for an arc of this book.

The Navigator is the sequel of The Wendy. This one haven't left me dissapointed and I was happy to already have a copy of the sequel to start it right after. Cause its really good.

Wendy is now on Hook ship and they're heading for Neverland. And this world is really amazing.

I can't wait to read the next book in this serie.
Larry Plemmons
Nov 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The continuing story of "The Wendy" was as good as I expected it to be and well worth your time reading a very well written story. IF I can enjoy it at 67 years of age, just think how much a child will like it in the age group it was written for.
Anya
Sep 26, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This was a quick and entertaining read. We finally got to go to Neverland and get more of Peter Pan and his backstory.
Not my new all-time favorite, but I got what I expected from it: more action and a couple of good twists.

Thanks Netgalley for providing me with an eARC.
Tori
Nov 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I have so many thoughts, most of which are spoilers and I hate when people give the game away! So, I'll do my best to be both concise and spoiler-free.

One: HOLY MOTHER OF CRICKETS this is the best Neverland of all the Neverlands. Seriously, it's extremely rewarding to finally have the potential of this truly magical place be realized in a story. Of course, Neverland should have Vikings and dragons and imps (oh my!), but the authors do an amazing job weaving them together believably into one

• Girls of Storm and Shadow (Girls of Paper and Fire, #2)
  • Between Homes (The City Between, #5)
  • Mooncakes
  • Ever Alice
  • Slaying Monsters for the Feeble (The Guild Codex: Demonized, #2)
  • Bridal Boot Camp (Little Bridge Island, #0.5)
  • Steel Tide (Seafire, #2)
  • Cinder & the Prince of Midnight (Midnight Tales, #1)
  • The Shrike & the Shadows
  • Newly Wed and Slightly Dead (A Touch of Magic Mysteries #1)
  • The Good Luck Girls (The Good Luck Girls, #1)
  • Zodiac Academy: Ruthless Fae: An Academy Bully Romance (Supernatural Bullies and Beasts, #2)
  • Christmas Sweets (A Lucy Stone Mystery, #18.5)
  • The Weight of a Soul
  • Not Hungry
  • Zodiac Academy: The Awakening (Supernatural Bullies and Beasts, #1)
  • Slumber
  • Into the Crooked Place (Into the Crooked Place, #1)
Erin Michelle Sky & Steven Brown, Dragon Authors

As a child, Erin fell in love with llamas and with the books of Anne McCaffrey, whose Dragonriders of Pern series inspired her to become a writer. When she finally met Anne McCaffrey at a fantasy convention some two decades later, she wept uncontrollably throughout the entire affair. She does significantly better with llamas.

Steven Brown spent

Tales of the Wendy (2 books)
  • The Wendy (Tales of the Wendy, #1)