Start by marking “Sticks & Stones” as Want to Read:
Sticks & Stones

Sticks & Stones

She thinks he’s looking for a come up.
He just thinks she’s stuck up.

Both Darcie and Elijah step foot onto the campus of Pembrook Academy with one thing on their minds… getting out. Darcie wants nothing more than to finish high school and know that her spot in the Ivy Leagues is secured and waiting for her.
And Elijah?
Well, Elijah just wants out
Published October 15th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Sticks & Stones, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sticks & Stones

Start your review of Sticks & Stones
Jazmen
Oct 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Sticks & Stones hit all the right notes, at all the right points. This is my second Santana Blair novel, and I'm now doubly impressed.

Sticks and Stones is the story of "rough-ish" twins that transfer to a new school, Pembrook Academy. This is a bougie type of school—where everyone started at the top and has no clue what the bottom is. That's where Elijah meets Darcie. He thinks she's just another stuck up princess, and she thinks he's just another bad boy on a mission. But, they both find m
Bianca
Oct 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
"You’re not the only one with broken pieces, princess. Our fathers are their own mistakes. But you and me? We’re our mothers’ successes.”

Sticks and Stones. Eli and Darcie. You will stay with me forever. Once again, I am left in awe of the writing of Santana Blair. Thought provoking and inspirational, I read this in one sitting. THIS. This is why I love YA. There is so much YA out there that deals with teenage angst and love. What I loved the most about this story was the realness factor. Teenage l
Kaitlyn
Sep 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Every time I pick up one of Ms. Blair’s books they get better and better. By no means does that mean I don’t like anything she writes. It just means her stories get better and better and become my new favorite. I was sucked in to Darcie and Eli’s story from the very beginning and couldn’t put this book down when I had the time to read. All I wanted to know was what happened. And I wasn’t disappointed. I love these two and the other characters we get to meet too. So much love for Eli and Darcie!!
Shannon
4.5*

Sticks & Stones is an entertaining, thought-provoking young adult story. With the characters, the setting, and the plot, Ms. Blair painted such a vivid portrait of Eli and Darcie's world that I found myself completely immersed in it.

While they may live on opposite sides of the track, Eli and Darcie really aren't as different as you might think. Appearances can be deceiving and that couldn't be more true for these 2. After a rough start, something really special developed bet
Chelé
Sep 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Once I started Sticks & Stones I was a goner. This story is special because it's so real and raw, it had me all in my feels.

It follows twin Latino brothers Jonas (sweet, sensitive and kind) and Elijah....Eli (caring, sarcastic and straight forward) they have a younger brother Liam (he's having some issues at the moment)  and they're being raised by their amazing, hard working mom.

Lauren ✨ (YABookers)
I received an advanced copy from the author for review purposes. Thank you kindly to Santana Blair for my eARC.

For anyone who knows me, you’ll know I adore retellings. Like, adore. And this one? It’s a great one. If you’re looking for a contemporary modernized Pride and Prejudice retelling, you should start here. It features two characters of colour as the protagonists — Elijah is Latino and Darcie is African-American.

Sticks & Stones follows Elijah and Darcie through their first not-so-
Whoo Gives A Hoot
Oct 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
* Read more of my reviews at Whoo Gives A Hoot *

description

Sticks & Stones by Santana Blair is a beautifully written modern day Pride & Prejudice retelling that will wholeheartedly captivate your heart right from the very beginning. This retelling was unlike anything I have ever read and I quickly found myself falling even more in love with the author's writiclass="gr-hostedUserImg">
Sticks*
Sue
Oct 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
My first read by Santana Blair but most definitely not my last one. I don't read much YA but every now and again I come across one that peaks my interest. The blurb says it better than I ever could, but yes...not everything is as it seems. Eli doesn't really want to go to this exclusive high school. But he will do anything for his twin. Anything, including spending time with that stuck up Darcie so Jonas can spend some quality with Darcie's best friend. But every minute he spends with her only m ...more
Martha
Sep 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another great story by Santana! Another cast of deep, rich characters to fall in love with. I really don't know how she does it to describe her worlds so richly that it feels like I'm living the story right with her characters but I'm so grateful she does. I love that though the author uses Pride and Prejudice as inspiration it doesn't read like fanfic, it is an original story, with modern day socioeconomic issues and struggles real young adults might face.
This story involves a rich girl with a
Janis
Oct 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Santana Blair has by far become my favorite YA author. I was so please to see another book being released and settled down with my tea and tissues. Santana has once again immersed us in to the world of New Elm, Northford, and Pembrook and the people that live and go to school there.
We have twin brothers Jonas and Elijah, little brother Liam, and their Mom raising her boys all on her own. We learn right away that the boys share the same DNA, but are very much their own people. They area headed o
Diane plourde
Oct 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing

A great 5 star page turning first experience. A new author that I discovered and have not been disappointed.

Eli and Darcie are from different sides of the tracks. They have more in common then they think.

This is a mature YA. I generally don’t read these kinds of storylines due to the age gap from my part. I have teenagers at home and don’t need to read about it too. The blurb enticed me to try it. I was far from being dissapointed. It was an addictive story with amazingly created
Tin Minute
Oct 10, 2019 rated it liked it
An 'other side of the tracks story,' we get a glimpse into two worlds that seldom cross. When a student from a poor family goes to a school for the wealthy, they make friends a girl who grows to love them but makes a mistake that could be hard to get over. Even though the ending was tied up pretty nicely, the epilogue was particularly sweet as well. Some may find the romance sappy, and I'll admit, it is kind of thick. But, if you're into 'sure love', this is the story for you!
Bookish_Sally
Oct 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Omg I loved this story so much. Elijah and Darcie are my new favorite book couple. Loved that “letter”. I could so visually see this whole story. It would be a great TV show. Char and Jo were also amazing... I wonder if there’s something up next for them. Darcie’s family was the best and Eli’s momma made me want to just get a great big hug from her. Great story!
Vanessa
Oct 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars rounded up to 4. This is a genderbent, more diverse, YA retelling of Pride and Prejudice. I loved Pride and Prejudice and re-read it every so often, but this was both the first P&P retelling I read as well as my first Santana Blair book.

I really loved Eli and Darcie, and good characters are definitely integral to my enjoyment of a book. I did get angry with Eli for a bit, but he redeemed himself.

Hate to love is one of my favorite romance tropes so I also enj
Renita
Tessa
Oct 24, 2019

• Team Player 2: A Sports Anthology
  • No Vacancy
  • Between Now and Forever (Forever Trilogy, #1)
  • Heartless Hero
  • In Peace Lies Havoc (Midnight Mayhem #1)
  • Cherry Bomb
  • Jock Road (Jock Hard, #3)
  • The Kingmaker (All the King's Men Duet, #1)
  • Crier's War (Crier's War, #1)
  • Chasing Him (Bishop Brothers, #3)
  • Between Now and Heartbreak (Forever Trilogy, #2)
  • The Second We Met (Fulton U, #2)
  • Color Me In
  • When Katie Met Cassidy
  • Shadowhouse Fall (Shadowshaper, #2)
  • The Unbound (The Archived, #2)
  • Where We First Began