Start by marking “BREAKER” as Want to Read:
BREAKER

BREAKER

“Tell me a happy something, Sutton.”

I was only seven the first time Grady Bowen whispered those words to me. Cloaked by the black sky under a blanket of stars, it was easy to get lost. He didn’t have any good memories of his own, and needed to borrow mine. I’d willingly give him anything.

Being infatuated with that boy was a beautiful curse. What could have been special d
Published (first published October 24th 2019)

To ask other readers questions about BREAKER, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about BREAKER

KC Caron
Oct 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
All the Stars for this Tense Brooding Romance of Love and Acceptance

You are going to fall all over yourself in LOVE with Grady and Sutton. They. Are. Everything. in this angsty forbidden story. I was shaken by how deep their love is and the hurdles, both internal and external, these two fought. This book belongs on your romance shelf, one of the most moving and inspiring romances I’ve read this year.

Breaker is gutwrenching, full of longing and second chances. An adult story about commitment an
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
4 STARS

This is my first book from this author and I can say I was surprised because once I started I couldn't put it down!It has many things I like in my stories, it has angst,a fantastic romance and it's second chance romance!

The characters were great and I loved the tension between them!Grady and Sutton's story give you all the feels!I was swooning,melting and I was frustrated in a good way.

It was a quick story, with a swoon worthy hero and a romance with angst and tension!

4 STARS

Elle's Book Blog
Release Date: October 24, 2019
Actual Rating: 4.75 stars

Small Town | Brother's Best Friend Romance

I have only read one of Harloe Rae's novels in the past but can now safely say I am hooked. She writes exquisite characters and captures the small town feels in the best of ways. In Breaker, readers will be introduced to Sutton and Grady. Sutton has loved Grady from afar nearly all her life but Grady thinks she deserves better and ignores her pleas. Grady hasn't had an easy life a/>/>
Mandie
Oct 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Five beautiful, heart-pounding stars! This book was a epic masterpiece! It was heart-wrenching and angsty, and boy did it give me ALL THE FEELS!! Grady and Sutton are ❤❤❤!! ...more
Kari Davis
Breaker is full of sweetness, sexiness and swoon worthy moments. I found myself falling under the spell that was Grady and Sutton. Sutton has had a crush on Grady since she was a little girl, but all Grady sees is his best friends little sister. But actually Grady feels he’s not good enough of for Sutton. She deserves everything and more and in his eyes he’s worthless.

Grady hasn’t had a good life. Everything seems to go wrong around him and he can’t ever seem to get above the surface as people
Christina Rybka
Oct 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Grady and Sutton absolute perfect. Grady has not had it easy and has a hard shell. Sutton and her family try to be there for him. Sutton has always loved Grady can she break through to him. Harloe Rae writing is extraordinary you love the all the characters and the storyline gives you all the feels. Highly recommended just go out and read the book.
BookAddict
Oct 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Grady Bowen and Sutton Olsen basically grew up together, and Grady became best friends with Sutton's older brother, Jace. Grady seemed so lost and sad when she first met him so Sutton started sharing “happy somethings" with Grady, and it became their thing. They may seem destined to be together, except Grady thinks Sutton deserves someone better than him. But after four years of missing Sutton, when she returns home after college he's not sure how much longer he can resist her.

When G
Keri Loves Books
Oct 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
ALL THE FEELS!!!

The author delivered a poignant story that will pull at your heart strings and simultaneously make you swoon. Grady was my Happy Something!

A childhood crush on your brother’s best friend could only end in heartache, right? Or will the boy who never "saw you", become the man that won’t let you go?

Grady keeps being tested. A crappy childhood left him guarded. Constant obstacles keep knocking him down. My heart bled for him. All his disappointment
Kay Daniels (Kay Daniels Romance)
“Tell me a happy something, Sutton.”

A broken boy always told he isn't good enough until a small girl rescues him and doesn't let go. Breaker is a love story about two souls meant to be together, but one struggling to let go of his past.

Grady Bowen is from the wrong side of town. A convict for a father and an addict for a mother, he hasn't exactly had the best start to life. That is until he meets Sutton. She is his happy.

When Sutton approaches Grady asking to
Wickedly Sweet & Synful Book Blog Synclare Moss
Hmmm....I’m not sure how I feel about this.
Grady had such a hard life and seems to constantly struggle..it made me feel bad..very sorry for him and depressed.
Sutton seems to good to be true. I had a hard believing she would wait but I suppose it’s possible.
They way they finally got together seemed weird...too easy. Like why wait so long..everyone knew but them.
Overall it’s a sweet read about true love prevailing. Some angst...a big trial to endure but eventually an HEA. ...more
Krystal Uppole
Oct 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Gosh I love Grady and Sutton so stinking much!!

The opening scene and you just know these characters are about to breath some serious life into this story.

Poor Grady is such a tortured soul that wants nothing more than to see Sutton happy. And her happiness brings him happiness except because of life circumstances he thinks he’s unworthy of such a sweet, loving, happy woman.

There are several conflicts throughout the story that try to prevent these two from being together, however be
Jacquelyn McLaughlin
Sep 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Breaker is the BEST book I have read all month, all year, of all time!! Harloe Rae did a stupendous job writing Grady and Sutton’s story. There are several reasons why Harloe is my unicorn author and the fact that she keeps pushing out books that are just so much better than the last is one of the main reasons.

I swooned so hard, Grady is the sweetest man to Sutton. I cried like a baby, the hits just keep coming for these two. Each time they rise, something knocks them right back into the dirt.
Sue's Romance Reviews
Oct 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is the first book I’ve read by Harloe Rae and OMG! I need to read more. This story flowed so well and had me wrapped around my kindle. Every page is filled with love, family and trust. I couldn’t get enough. I loved this story and its characters. They are like a little piece of home.

Grady is a hardworking and possessive. He is hard on himself, however, and this pulled at my heartstrings. I couldn’t wait for him to see everything he had to offer regardless of his upbringing. It’s
Vanessa (nessreads)
Oct 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Tell me something good.....

I am so completely in love with this book and with Grady and Sutton. Their story of undying love left me feeling everything and hit me with all the emotions. I couldn’t get enough of these two—they left me utterly spellbound.

At a young age, Sutton developed a childhood crush on her brother’s best friend. And the older she got her feelings for Grady became bigger and stronger. Even after the four years she’s away at college hasn’t changed the way
Nikita Oberoi
Oct 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
5 HAPPY STARS

Was definitely not expecting this kind of swoon worthy brother’s best friend romance slash complementary romance. After reading this book, I can say this without any doubt that Harloe can write flawed characters with such a passion that you can’t help but fall in love with them.

Sutton Olsen always had a thing for his brother’s best friend and with every passing year her feelings for Grady became stronger. Grady Bowen, son of a town druggie and a prisoner, was considere
colelovesreading_nz
Oct 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This fast paced and extremely heart warming romance is quick to hook you in.
Breaker by Harloe Rae is filled with everything desirable.
Once I started I couldn't stop!

Sutton and Grady have been whispering happy somethings to each other since Sutton was seven.
Grady didn't have the best start to life, but when Sutton's family takes him in things start to turn around. At least for a while. Sutton makes it her mission to crack the walls Grady has built within and finally gets
Katie Silvi
Oct 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Rae, has once again given me an amazing world that I want to live in!! I couldn't put Breaker down. Breaker is captivating and intriguing. Rae kept me at the kept me on the edge of my seat. She pulled on all my emotions.

Grady and Suttons connection was weaved so impeccably. Right from their very first moment, you felt the pull these two have. Their connection is magnetic, the distance and time that was put between them couldnt break it.

Every emotion was brought to the surface while reading. I
E&A Book
Oct 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A romantic and sweet story that will give you all the feels. Sutton and Grady are absolute perfection. Their story as a little bit of everything. Heartbreak, undeniable chemistry, and a love that will make you absolutely swoon. I loved every single word of this book.
Cranky - The Book Curmudgeon
5 Cranky Stars

“Love you, Sutt. I love you Gray” That is the perfect line to describe these two. Granted it wasn’t always this way. They did love each other but they never said it before now. Breaker will certainly make you swoon and give you hope that the guy with the giant wall around his heart can be loved and love you back in return. It even made me tear up at times. Everyone deserves a love like Sutton and Grady. That unwaverin
World Of Books 65
Oct 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
We all need 'Something Happy' and sometimes you find a book that is your something happy one you can settle down with and know from the first page you are going to enjoy it and I did with Breaker! Don't get me wrong in some places I needed my tissues and if you have read any of my other reviews when tissues come out you know its a good book.

Let me introduce you to Sutton who from a child knew that she was in love with her brothers best friend Grady - but Grady comes from the wrong si
Chaos Book Reviews.
Oct 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Just so you know, Harloe Rae is a 💯% a one click author for me! So I could possibly be consideres bias in my review but I'll do my very best to remain objectionable.

Grady is the kid who had a shitty up brining.
Sutton is the girl who had everything.
Brought together by the circumstances and ya know, an older brother who happens to be Grady's best friend.

The rocky start to this story had me wondering what kind of loop Harloe was gonna throw in later on. The massive Gent Vibes early on (if you'v
Vickie
Oct 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
I knew before starting this that it would be my kind of book. I’m partial to a brothers best friend romance, if you throw in a broody broken hero I’m all over it.

Sutton has been in love with her brothers friend Grady all her life. She’s beyond infatuated even though she knows the chances of anything happening with Grady are slim, it doesn’t stop her hoping. When she decides to make a move and Grady knocks her back, she decides enough is enough and sets off to college. Four years later and she’s
Bibliophile  Chloe
Oct 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another fabulous story by Harloe Rae!

Breaker is the story of Grady and Sutton..."Tell me something happy..."

I loved this saying between two people that have known each other since childhood.

Sutton has loved Grady since meeting him and when she tries to give him something precious, Grady spurns her and you can feel the hurt in the words and pages.

Grady has loved Sutton too, but he has kept his feelings hidden for so long. When he sees her again,
A Book Lover's Emporium Book Blog
Breaker is a romantic story that involves all the key elements of a good love story: childhood crush, unrequited love and brother's best friend. The writing style of Breaker is very descriptive and the story is sweet, but it also has some steam and heat!

I couldn't help but fall in love with these characters. Sutton has returned from college, but her attraction to Grady is still as strong as it was four years earlier. Grady has had a rough childhood; the only bright spark in his life
Brandi Duncan
Oct 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Let me tell you a happy something... Knowing that every book Harloe writes keeps getting better and better. She never disappoints. She puts so many feelings in every book she writes.

You are absolutely going to love to get to know Grady and Sutton. Their story started when they were very young. Grady was Sutton's older brother's best friend which was a forbidden. Sutton might be younger but she knows what she wants and thats always been Grady and who could ever blame her. Grady is eve
shereads.pang
I received an ARC.

I really didn't know what to expect, and I'm blown away as to how sweet this book is. Grady and Sutton are two lovebirds that you can't help but just love them. They're one of the sweetest couples ever. Grady got me swooned so hard. Even when life pulled him down, he's still going strong with Sutton by his side. There are times when my heart hurts so bad for him. I'm glad Sutton is always there though. Sutton was such a sweet and caring girl. I'm so glad she didn't
Amy [Book Addict Reviews]
Oct 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Breaker had all the feels, seriously. This book. I have no words. This was full of so many Happy Somethings.

Sutton has had a crush on her older brother’s best friend for forever. Grady is a broken man, he is guarded. Sutton is the girl who he thinks he too good for him, he doesn’t want to ruin her. Sutton doesn’t believe this. She sees Grady for who he really his and she wants him more than anything.

Sutton and Grady’s journey was not an easy one. They both had struggles and walls they needed t
Patricia Rohrs (words we love by blog)
5 swoon worthy stars doesn’t even touch the tip of what this book deserves! Grady and Sutton are #relationshipgoals to the max! Their unyielding loyalty and protectiveness of one another melts your heart and warms the soul!

Grady’s life can be described as a serious of sh!t events! One after another life has kept him down. His one bright spot in the dark is Sutton and her sweet attitude and positive personality! She keeps him going, but after one decision the dark descends on them both and after
Sassafrass (Candace)
Oct 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Minimal Angst and drama
A really good southern small town story about about a girl who was and still is in love with her brother’s best friend.
I love them asking each other “Tell me something happy.” As reluctant as Grady was to love Sutton, he knew deep down that he did. The heart wants what the heart wants no matter the consequences.
Grady has always had a hard life and hasn’t always fit in, he didn’t want to ruin his friendship with Sutton’s brother by going after Sutton and he also always f
Teri
Oct 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
Grady is a good guy, no a great guy. He's come from nothing, with a drug addicted mom and self-worth that's been all beat to hell. He's loved her all his life but he knows he doesn't deserve her. This brother's best fried romance is sweet and easy with some suspense, which this author does well. It's not her normal heart-wrenching emotional read but that doesn't make it bad it's just different. Yes we have steam and yes we have jealousy but mostly we have characters that are just a little bent a ...more
Harloe Rae is a USA Today & Amazon Top 10 bestselling author. Her passion for writing and reading has taken on a whole new meaning. Each day is an unforgettable adventure.

Harloe is a Minnesota gal with a serious addiction to romance. She’s always chasing an epic happily ever after. When she’s not buried in the writing cave, Harloe can be found hanging with her hubby and son. If the