Start by marking “My Christmas Fiancé (Love Comes Later Book 1)” as Want to Read:
My Christmas Fiancé (Love Comes Later Book 1)

My Christmas Fiancé

(Love Comes Later #1)

If you write an email to a friend about a fantasy involving your gorgeous boss, don't send it to All Staff...

Meg

It’s not easy to reinvent yourself, but my thirteen-year-old son and I are ready for a new start. Old Maggie was a magnet for disaster, but New Meg is going to be elegant, sophisticated… and blonde. I’ve landed a dream job at the other end of New Zealand
Published September 20th 2016 (first published September 2016)

Carol She's So Novel꧁꧂
Things change when your children become adults!

On Christmas morning, instead of rushing into our room & jumping on our bed, my two remained resolutely asleep. I was awake from 6am, listening hopefully for any sign of life. When it was clear nothing was going to happen for quite some time, I snuggled into bed & completed this book.

on the tie Meg’s bought me for my birthday

...was the very first line & that is unfortunate as it gave me a bad impression from the get go. Which is a shame
Coco.V
Oct 06, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (10/6/2019)! 🎁
maggieandteddy
I've been in the mood to read Christmas romances. Tiz the Season-huh?
I picked this one to read before Christmas. I love books about NZ.
I love the Boss/Employee romances.
This one was slow to get started. There was a rather long build up.
The background is Meg moved from Christchurch to Auckland to get away from her abusive ex.
They weren't married, but he was her baby daddy & they were together for a few years.
Meg's son Oscar is now 13 yrs old. He's a nice kid.
Stratton is her boss at his
Melody Cox
I love Serenity Woods' books, well, all but this one, and it just didn't do it for me. This story is about Meg and Stratton and includes Meg's thirteen-year-old son, Oscar. Stratton is Meg's boss and he has been drawn to her since the day he met and hired her. She reciprocates but keeps it to herself. Stratton is coming off of a five-year relationship with the evil Natalie...and she will do anything to get him back but he is definite he no longer wants or trusts her. I questioned that throughout ...more
Margaret
Nov 27, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed the story of Meg and Stratton. I really liked it being set in New Zealand, where Christmas is in the summer, it was a nice change from the snow, cosy fires and mistletoe. (I live in Australia so I related more to the warm Christmas.) The characters are great and I look forward to reading more of the series to find out if Rich and Teddi get happy ever afters. There are some really funny moments in this book and some very touching moments. It was great to include Meg's son Oscar into the ...more
Carrie Elks
Aug 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved this! Well written, fantastic hero and heroine. My first read by Serenity Woods but it won’t be my last!
Kim Reads (Read Your Writes Book Reviews)
Reviewed by Gemini

My Christmas Fiancé is the first book in Serenity Woods’ new Love Comes Later series. After reading her Four Seasons Series, I thought that I would know what to expect but I have to admit that I was wrong, but in a good way. As if the previous series wasn’t hot enough, this one is hotter. Plus, it’s told from the point of view of the hero and the heroine. More importantly, it’s actually a lot of fun.

Stratton Parker is the successful co-owner of a company that makes video games
Cathy Geha
Sep 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Eager to read this new series by Serenity Woods I was thankful to receive an ARC in exchange for my honest review.

Katoa, a flourishing tech company, is making big money and has an emphasis on creating devices for the visually impaired. One of the owners is blind and this has created impetus for their focus. The story mentions medical issues such as retinoblastoma, heterochromia and pulmonary embolism - all three have impacted people in the story.

In this, the first book of the series, we meet S
Rose Baker
Repetative

There is a wonderful storyline and the characters are well developed but... The story was very long winded, and repetitive. Stratton stresses over his ex more than a few times and it got really boring after the first two or three. It felt like the author was using his situation over and over and over again just to get her word count up. Not sure I will continue to read this author.
Laura Barfield
Dec 23, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle
Downloaded this as it was a freebie and I fancied a festive read. Very surprised with how much I enjoyed the storyline. Would read other books by this author.
A.M.
Aug 23, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: i-own, e-books
The instant Meg walks into the interview for PA, Stratton likes her. But she’s wearing a wedding ring and talks a lot about her teen son Oscar so he backs off. The gaming company that Stratton set up with his sister Teddi and best friend Rich is hugely successful and he’s got so many millions, he’s lost count. But he’s not happy. A recent ugly breakup with a long term girlfriend, Natalie, has left him wanting, but he’s not sure what for.
***
There’s some interesting things here. Stratton has heter
Jewel
Dec 21, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 stars.

I enjoyed this book, although I was looking for a nice holiday read and I did not get what I wanted due to my residing in the Northern Hemisphere. This book takes place in New Zealand and their summertime Christmas was not my cup of eggnog! None of the traditional Christmas magic I was hoping for were present. Just take a look at this description of their Christmas eve party, Northerners:

"Christmas songs and carols echo across the lawn, mingling with the yells and shrieks of kids spla
Birgit
Oct 14, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was not entirely to my liking. First of all, each chapter was told by one of the two main protagonists, which, apart from the fact that I do not generally like stories narrated in the 1st person singular, interrupted the flow of the narration. You had Meg and her telling of what was happening, and her thoughts, then new chapter, and Stratton going on with a completely different angle. It always took me a couple of lines to catch on, although I saw it was the other person narrating now, so i ...more
Karen
Jan 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This totally caught me by surprise and roped me in from the very beginning with a story that I found to be fun and sexy with just a hint of malice. The story is told from the point of view of each of the main characters by each getting a chapter one after the other that keeps the narrative flowing. The characters are all very nicely realized as far as their individuality with personalities that define each of them. That goes for both the main and peripheral characters so that you can see what th ...more
Chanel
To be honest, I started this book, and just couldn't get into it, so I skipped to the 2nd book in the Series. Well, after I finished Book 2 & 3, I had to read Stratton and Maggie story. These two are employer-employee who agree to a "fake engagement", which is really not a good idea to do with someone you work with, no less an employee. So that made this plot weaker than the following books in the "Love Comes Later" Series, which all revolve around a Holiday, this book being Christmas. Of co ...more
Chelsea Nicole
For my last Christmas book kick I thought this was pretty good. Both and Meg and Stratton were likable in their own way, if not a little naive. I have to admit that while I liked it it moved incredibly slow. It felt less like 200 pages and more like 400 pages of looks and longing and construed thoughts. Stratton meets Meg when she first moves across the country with her 13 year old son to get away from her abusive ex. She gets hired as a PA for the tech company his sister and best friend runs. A ...more
Sandi Neace
Jan 09, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the first book I have read by Serenity Woods. I will def read more.
Meg (Maggie) and Stattons story is a must read. The way they fight their attraction but still flirt with each other is adorable and they get to know each other along the way.
When Stratton comes up with a plan and gets Meg to be a part of it the plan comes together but def does not go as planned. Life does what life usually does it throws them quit a few curves. And when Megs email gets send to the wrong person/ppl. And tr
Linda
Dec 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
MY, BUT I LOVED THIS BOOK! I enjoyed Meg and Stratton's hot story that I can't wait to read the next in the series! I liked that Meg finally had enough and left her abusive boyfriend and took their son with her to move far away and to reinvent herself, but that darn Stratton just got under her skin. Now she's his fake girlfriend, and has a fake engagement to get his ex off of his back, now as his PA everyone thinks she's a gold digger, and then her ex spoils it when he finds her. She loves her n ...more
Tammy
Dec 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing book Meg has a troubled past but finds herself at a new crossroad in her life with a new job and the hots for her boss. But doesn't want her past to find her. Stratton , Meg's hot boss falls hard for his new employee but she's married. He just called it quits with his long time girlfriend for a number of reasons. Will their pasts collide and will they come to face their true feelings for each other. Great book can't wait to read more.
C Jia Ming
Dec 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It's really super cool that this book revolves around Meg and Stratton and Oscar. It's kind of rare for me to read about a romance story that involves the child as well. Oscar represent maturity and also acts as Meg's anchor. It's really touching to see his protectiveness of his Mother and his openness towards her mother's happiness.

With the main characters all do insidiously unique, I find that this 'billionaire' love story is much more realistic :)
Debbie Duncalf
May 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Once again Serenity Woods has written for us a beautiful love story.
Meg has had to relocate with her son, she is PA to Stratton and the rest of the team at Kaota, a firm which designs computer games and tech for blind people. Stratton finds her highly attractive and good to look at. It's a pity she is already taken and wears someone's wedding ring already. Read for a charming Christmas time story, that will make you feel all gooey inside.
Kelly Fountain
Dec 21, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Meg and Stratton were both immediately attracted to one another from the moment they met. Tension and flirtation always in the air. But Megs been hiding a secret and Stratton is trying to heal from a relationship awry. When it all blows up, pretending to be his fiancé seems to be a solution that works for them both. But the attraction is real, they are both fond of one another, lines blur, what happens when it all becomes real? Great story!
Allison
It tells the story of Stratton, a rich CEO of a gaming company in New Zealand and Meg, his PA. They come together for a mutually beneficial plan to pretend to be engaged, but it quickly turns into more.
I liked the book and the characters. There were elements that made it more unique of a story and nothing was overblown or in your face.
Anyone who likes a mature story would enjoy this.
Cynthia
Oct 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Lovely Story

Meg and her son Oscar had to leave Christchurch and anew with different last names. She is working as a PA for Stratton, his sister and Rich. But she accidentally send a email out to all the staff instead of her friend about what she likes about him. He needs a fake fiancee and find they both like each other.
Gemma
I really liked how the hero and heroine actually communicated like adults. So rare to find.

This is written in first person present tense, if that’s a dealbreaker for you. POV alternates between the two main characters.
Mary Ann
Nov 17, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A young mother of a teen is determined to leave an abusive relationship and start a new life for them in a new location. Such a perfect resolution reminds me of an author from decades past, but without the detailed sexual activity.
Trudy Gleason
Dec 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this story. I like the communication and honesty between the characters. It was refreshing.
Kimberley O'Malley
Oct 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019
Loved the characters in this book. Flawed but made you root for them!!!
Cherry
Aug 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good read

I love how sweet yet hot every scene between Meg and Stratton was tho I wish it wpuld have gone more into their pasts
Robin Malek
Oct 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Totally tempting

Real feelings from a good read. Truths and consequences, does it really work out so well? Good story with an HEA.
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Montana Hero (Big Sky Mavericks, #6)
  • Falling for Christmas
  • Never Refuse a Sheikh (International Bad Boys, #5)
  • The Valentine Quest (Love at the Chocolate Shop #5)
  • The Cowboy and the Doctor (The Gallaghers of Montana #4)
  • Cougar Christmas
  • Romancing Wisconsin Volume I (Christmas Boxed Set)
  • Except My Love
  • His Forbidden Princess (Royal Holiday, #4)
  • Miracle on Chance Avenue (Love on Chance Avenue #2)
  • Claim Me, Cowboy (77th Copper Mountain Rodeo #1)
  • How to Lose a Groom in 10 Days (Runaway Brides, #0.5)
  • A White Hot Christmas
  • Two Nights With His Bride (Wild Montana Nights #2; Montana Born Brides #6)
  • Seduced by the Baron (Fairy Tales of New York, #4)
  • Choose Me, Cowboy (77th Copper Mountain Rodeo #4; Canadays of Montana #2)
  • Christmas Alpha (Alpha, #1)
  • Just in Time for Christmas (Island Bliss #4; Southern Born Christmas #2; Magnolia Bay #5)
USA Today Bestselling Author of contemporary romance, writing sexy Kiwi billionaires with a heart.

Love Comes Later (3 books)
  • My New Year Fling (Love Comes Later, #2)
  • My Valentine Seduction (Love Comes Later #3)
“I haven’t had sex for six months and all this talk is making me…” He struggles to think of a word. “Horny?” I suggest. That makes him laugh. “You really have gotten used to me, haven’t you?” “Sorry. I forget you’re my boss sometimes.” “That’s good. Successful working—and personal—relationships rely on knowing where the other person’s boundaries are, and on understanding their sense of humor. I’m glad you’re used to mine.” “I sometimes wonder what Natalie made of it.” His smile fades. “I don’t think she ever got me. We were like two binary suns, always circling and destined never to meet in the middle.” 0 likes
“none of them are arrogant or superior because” 0 likes