Start by marking “After The Ending (The Ending Series, #1)” as Want to Read:
After The Ending (The Ending Series, #1)

After The Ending

(The Ending #1)

The first book in the emotionally charged post-apocalyptic series, The Ending Series.

They may have survived the apocalypse, but the Virus changed them...

Grad student Dani O'Connor won't let a cross-country move end her closest friendship. But when a mysterious virus consumes the world and Dani, herself, falls violently ill, she fears she'll never see her loved ones
Published November 23rd 2013 by L2 Books (first published February 14th 2013)

Start your review of After The Ending (The Ending Series, #1)
Carol [Goodreads Addict]
 photo ending1_zpsfda9c5ba.jpg

After The Ending is book one in The Ending series by Lindsey Fairleigh and Lindsey Pogue. You know, when I read a book, I want to be entertained, thrilled, romanced, kept on the edge of my seat. This book did all of that…and more. I loved this book. I sort of turned starting this series into a project. First I read all six of the prequel novellas (which are now available in a compilation called the Omnibus Edition.) This was a delicious build up for me to start the actual series. I fell in
Maxine
Apr 06, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
What I learned about the apocalypse from this book:

1. Your chances of survival will be predicated on the hotness factor ie. how good you look in survival gear. This is more true for women than men. Some less attractive males will survive but only to be cannon fodder because every apocalypse needs Red Shirts

2. Normally intelligent women will become horny teenagers

3. If the guy you are lusting after is sleeping with someone else, no problem, he is only sleeping with her for sex. This does not make
Samantha (Book Lover's Cozy Cafe)
Got this book free on Amazon. Such gems can be found on Amazon. Such as this one. This is a book where a virus literally kills off majority of the human population. Think ‘The Walking dead’ without zombies. What would be zombies in this book are called crazies, the reason they’re called crazies is because survivors of the virus have changed. Every single person. Some go crazy in some sort of way, and others have some kind of special ability.

So this book is in the point of view between two people
Isa Lavinia

arc provided by L2 Books through Netgalley

DNF at 20%

What... what was this?
This was published?
How? Why?

Dani and Zoe are bff and they are at opposite sides of the country when a flu-like pandemic strikes and kills almost everyone. Their objective is to reach each other.
Seems like a pretty good set up for a dystopia, right? Girl power! Friendship between two girls who've known each other since they were kids taking precedence over the tired clichés of hunky dudes lusting after the main
Carol (StarAngel's Reviews) Allen
**3.5 Ability Stars**

This series is different from the "normal" Zombie Apocalypse books I have been reading. We don't have the dead waking up and wanting to eat brains, instead there are the "crazies" who just like to kill.

Each survivor (which is minimal) has a special ability from mutated genes - this group is full of drama, angst, love and determination.

What didn't work for me?
I grew so frustrated at one of the heroines in this book - Dani - she was immature, annoying and stupid. Where she
Andrea ❤Ninja Bunneh❤
I love apocalyptic, end of the whole fucking world, what do we do now books. Yet, once in a while a book comes along that makes me just say what the fuck. Here's my synopsis of this book. Virus hits. Virus kills boyfriend. Girlfriend cries for a minute. Hot brother of BFF shows up. Boyfriend who?!? Blah blah blah blah. Some other shit with the girl's friend trying to find each other. Wham bam everyone who survived the virus suddenly has abilities!!! To read minds! And *gasp* communicate with ...more
Jul 24, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Disclaimer: Got this book from NetGalley for a review.

Where do I start? I'm sorry authors but this is just a clusterf*ck of a book. It's the most Mary Sue story I've read since Twilight I wrote myself into a Harry Potter fanfic when I was 15. (Yeah, that happened).

I don't even... god. Okay, first off, this book is rife with typos and grammar errors, and believe me, if that was all? I would have rated this much higher, I'm not *that* much of a stickler.

Instead we have a story of two unlikely
Editing Services by Cynthia Shepp
I have to start off by saying that I love post-apocalyptic novels and this one sucked me in from the very beginning. This story follows Dani and Zoe as the world as they know it ends. Pretty much 90% of the world's population has died from a weird version of the flu. Only the people that have already had the H1N1 virus seemed to have survived.

The girls are separated, trying their best to meet back up. They correspond with email while the internet is still up, keeping each other up to date on
Shelby *trains flying monkeys*
This genre is normally one of my favorites. Lately that seems to be changing though. Cuz there is some crappy books coming out and shaming the whole idea of it. This is one of them. 2 BFF's (gag) email each other as they face the end of the world. Everyone has the flu and is dying off. (Good idea for a book-but this one squashed the life out of it) I mean dang one of them loses her boyfriend and does it bother her? Not. She has to email said BFF and let her know as she drinks wine.

Please save
(Source: I received a digital copy of this book for free on a read-to-review basis. Thanks to Lindsey Fairleigh, Lindsey Pogue, L2 Books, Independent Book Publishers Association (IBPA) Members' Titles, and Netgalley.)
26-year-old Dani and Zoe have been best friends forever, but currently though they’re separated – Dani at College and Zoe working in her home town.

A new flu virus is sweeping the country though, and people are getting sicker and sicker, and then they begin to die. Dani and Zoe
Jilly
Scars remind us we can live life without fear because no matter what happens, we'll heal. We'll get better.

The wisest character in this book is a dead guy. This isn't his story.

Instead, we have the POV's of two girls; Dani and Zoe. They are 26, going on 15, and they are boy-crazy, diary-writing, slut-shaming, mean-girls. ....with superpowers...

Every once in a while, I could like them for a few minutes, when they said something funny, or something funny happened to them. Like when all of the
Jenni Lind
After The Ending by Lindsey Fairleigh and Lindsey Pogue is exactly the type of book I had been wanting to read. I'm a huge fan of dystopian novels but you rarely come across books that begins at the start, or well, after the ending of society as we know it - just when it starts to crumble.

This book bounces between two characters, Zoe and Dani, who you really get to understand as they become very well developed in the story. Aside from them, the other characters, major and minor, also feel really
Dana
DNF@37%

There were just way to many issues with this novel for me to continue. I was interested in the overall plot but the execution was just too painful for me to continue. The reasons I could not finish this book are as follows;

-Some parts are very realistic(like making the decision to not help someone/being selfish during the apocalypse) and other parts were bafflingly convenient.(Finding surplus of supplies)

-Also one major gripe...I'm not a techie or anything but how the hell do you have
J. Bennett
Jun 08, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have some bad news. The world has ended. Here’s some more bad news – statistically speaking, you probably didn’t survive. If you did happen to hang on, you might have turned into a violent psychopath. However, on the very small chance that you did survive and didn’t turn into a feral sub-human “Crazy”, then you are in for quite a ride. Not only is the world a whole new place, but you might be a whole new you. That’s right, cool powers!

This is the setup of After the Ending by Lindsey Fairleigh
Jena
A-MA-ZING!
Every once in a while, a book or movie comes along, that you don't expect much from, or maybe it's just that you don't know what to expect. More often than not, these pieces of pop culture will be mediocre at best, but then there are the "sleepers", the ones that surprise you in every good way they possibly can.

Dani and Zoe are lifelong best friends, but college, life, and young adulthood find them living far away from each other. Then a virus sweeps through the United States,
Laurie
For me, this book moved along briskly, alternating the story lines of Dani and Zoe. Best friends since childhood, they make plans to join up again regardless of the difficulties they now face in a post-apocalyptic world. After the horrific plague wiped out most of the world population, the few survivors try to make sense of their new, changing circumstance. As Dani and Zoe each journey separately across the desolate countryside their groups face many obstacles and encounter weird phenomena – ...more
Krista Dulaney
Mar 05, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2013
I really liked the concept of this book. There were a few things that annoyed me about it - the emails seemed a little silly at times, the language was a little much, and the love scenes were more graphic than necessary.

Nice cliffhanger ending that I totally called from about halfway through, but I'm really interested to see what happens in book #2. At times it reminded me of The Walking Dead and I liked the survivalist stuff. I felt there were some plot holes that aren't very well explained,
Dena
I absolutely really enjoyed this story. I thought the characters were awesome and invigorating. @ Friends are trapped on the opposite coasts after a worldwide virus gets unleashed. As they travel they find unexpected love and friendship that helps them survive the new world.

Overal the people and the story captured my attention and I couldn't stop reqading if I tried.
Katie/Doing Dewey
Although post-apocalyptic novels are a dime a dozen lately, After the Ending was brilliantly unique. I haven’t read anything else that has such relatable characters or that so vividly captures the terror of watching the world around you fall apart. The authors also avoid two things that bother me in most post-apocalyptic or dystopian novels and I loved them for it. First, many books have characters who take too long to admit that something out of science fiction is happening. I realize that I ...more
Christine
Apr 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So, I'm not going to lie. This was a re-read for me. I read it last year, I believe, during the time I wasn't blogging due to my lack of a computer. I read it again because I wanted the story fresh in my mind for the second installment, and because I wanted it fresh to be able to write this review. Two birds, one stone.
I feel like reading it the second time around was better because instead of rushing through to find out what happens next, I was able to appreciate the story even more and pick up
Dianne
“The Virus spread. Billions died. The Ending began. We may have survived the apocalypse, but the Virus changed us…”
After the Ending, a joint venture by authors Lindsey Farleigh and Lindsey Pogue focuses on two friends, Dani O’Connor and Zoe Cartwright, both twenty-six, best friends since childhood, both struggling to survive in a new and terrifying world amongst strangers they must learn to trust and rely on. Their goal is to reunite, hopefully in a new place that is a haven to re-build in. They
Liz Barnsley
Thank you kindly to the authors for the copy of this book to review.

The Virus spread. Billions died. The Ending began. We may have survived the apocalypse, but the Virus changed us.

Right, the first thing I need to do is apologise for the “sitting on the fence” feel to this review – there were things I loved about this book and things I really didnt get on with. This being my first foray into fiction termed “New Adult” it was the Post Apocalyptic aspects of this one that drew me to it…

This had a
BookLoversLife
I'm still unsure about my rating for this one.
I love Post Apocalyptic books so after reading the synopsis I knew I'd read it. A world wide virus hits and within weeks most of the population is dead. Dani and her boyfriend get the virus but he dies and she barely survives. Zoe, Danis' BFF, is hundreds of miles away and her roommate gets the virus and dies so she decides to send her brother to see if Dani is still alive(he lives near Dani). She is and they decide to meet up in this supposedly safe
Bethany Mitchell
Apr 23, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm always up for a dystopian novel...and this was a good book...just not very plausible in some instances.

"What would you do if what you thought was the flu, killed 90% of the population. What would you do if you got sick but didn't die, and ended up with new ability. What would you do, to get to you love ones? save your loved ones? Well Dani and Zoe are about to find out."

I actually really enjoyed this book, most of the time. The two main characters were fun to read, and really came into
Paulina
Jul 09, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is one of those books where you really enjoy but you’re not too fussed about the ending or what’s to come as literally anything could happen.
The story is about people getting the flu and dying… that is the apocalypse. Zoe and Dani two best friends who live on the opposite side of the country need to find each other after the “ending”. That is the jist of the book. Basically people die and then they gain these “abilities” which are pretty much superpowers (some can talk to you in your mind,
Flora Smith
Apr 23, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Awesome read!! I'm always up for a good apocalyptic/dystopia and this pretty much fit the bill. I admit, there were some holes in the plausibility factor, but I'll get to those. I first considered this to be a YA, but towards the end the sex scenes are definitely too much for the under 18 readers.

This is the story of two friends, separated across country when a savage strain of flu virus nearly wipes everybody out. Dani and Zoe have been friends since grade school and now they are working to
Ginny
Oct 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a great novel written by two very promising new authors. They bring two unique voices to the two main characters who are best friends on opposite ends of the country. There is an fun array of characters that all bring something different to the story. This is one of those books you just can't put down! It is a wonderful set up for the other 3 books of the 4 book series. I can't wait to see what happens!
Feb 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
In the genre that is becoming popular this last 2 years, this dystopian novel sticks out as is is very different than others, has a fresh storyline and great characters too.
I enjoyed the way that the story was told by different peoples point of view.
Highly recommended for teens and adults alike and I will read the sequel shortly.
Jan 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
wow! What an amazing book! The writing style is clean and crisp, the plot unique and the characters very easy to relate with and feel as if you know them.

Hoping to read the next one as soon as possible.
Amazing read.
Sandra "Jeanz"
Oct 31, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
INITIAL THOUGHTS
My favourite genres are dystopian and post apocalyptic so this should be a great read for me. So I guess you could say I approached the book with high expectations.

MY REVIEW
Upon finding Bk#2 in this series on Netgalley I noticed the offer of Bk#1 in the series for anyone that hadn't read it. So I received an e-copy of this book in exchange for my honest review.
The cover is fairly simplistic but I think it works really well in portraying a wintery type of barren landscape. I like

• The Ending Beginnings Omnibus Edition (The Ending Beginnings 1 - 6)
  • World Before: The Ending Series Prequel Short Stories
  • The Ending Series: The Complete Series
  • The Ending Beginnings: Carlos (The Ending, #0.1)
  • Afterlife (Kat Dubois Chronicles #6)
  • The Ending Beginnings: Mandy (The Ending, #0.2)
  • Judgement (Kat Dubois Chronicles #5)
  • The Ending Beginnings: Vanessa (The Ending, #0.3)
  • Underground (Kat Dubois Chronicles #3)
  • Soul Eater (Kat Dubois Chronicles #4)
  • Outcast (Kat Dubois Chronicles #2)
  • Ricochet Through Time (Echo Trilogy Book 3)
  • Freezing Point (After the Shift #1)
  • Flashpoint (Flashpoint #1)
  • Time Anomaly: A Time Travel Romance (Echo Trilogy, #2)
  • Hunted (Days of Want #2)
  • Sole Survivor (Recovering Eden #1)
  • Smolder (Flashpoint #2)
Lindsey's Website

Lindsey Pogue has been writing all her life. Her novels are inspired by her observations of the world around her—whether she’s traveling, people watching, or hiking. When not plotting her next storyline or dreaming up new, brooding characters, Lindsey’s wrapped in blankets watching her favorite action flicks or going on road trips with her own leading man.

The Ending (4 books)
  • Into The Fire (The Ending Series)
  • Out Of The Ashes (The Ending, #3)
  • Before The Dawn (The Ending Series, #4)
“Great, I’m an apocalyptic Disney princess.” 5 likes
“Scars remind us we can live life without fear because no matter what happens, we’ll heal. We’ll get better.” 2 likes