Start by marking “Vindicated” as Want to Read:
Vindicated

Vindicated

Dustin is a convicted murderer.
He’s mournful, bitter, drowning in a sea of self-pity with nothing left to lose.
The church has sent me to bring him into the fold.
Bound by my namesake, Saint Odilia,
I should be defending my spirituality and morality with my life.
It only took a few letters to change everything.

Odilia saved my life and gave me her heart.
But I’m still mournful,
Expected publication: August 22nd 2019 by Amazon Digital Services

To ask other readers questions about Vindicated, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Vindicated

K. Webster
Aug 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Vindicated by Misty Walker was an excellent debut! Within minutes of starting this book, I was hooked. The dark, tortured emotions of the hero were well-written and I felt for him immediately. When the heroine came onto the pages, I was in love with her innocence and sweet demeanor. From an outsider looking in, the pair seemed like they had no chance. However, love doesn't play by a set of rules...it's makes them. Vindicated is about redemption, self-love, and forgiveness. This love story was sw ...more
Elizabeth Clinton
Aug 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Vindicated is the first book by Misty Walker and she most certainly has hit it out of the ballpark.
We meet the career criminal Dustin Hanes & The Sweet & Loving Odilia. Two people that are on too very different paths but when they are brought together you can feel something is going to happen as they get to know one another.
Their story is one of redemption and second chances and knowing that no matter what their is always someone who has your back and believes in you even when you don’
Wickedly Sweet & Synful Book Blog Synclare Moss
3.5 stars for me.
Hmmm..I will say it’s well written for a debut.
Something was lacking for me..it didn’t have that “it” factor.
The majority of the book was correspondence between woman on course to become a nun and a convicted murderer.
I enjoyed the letters but the connection didn’t feel real.
They real “romance” started about 80%.
The ending was great but not enough to sell me overall.
I do look forwarding to reading more as the author evolves.
~BREAKDOWN OF RATINGS~
Plot~ 3.5/5
Main Characters (hero
Melanie Helms
Aug 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow! This was a great debut by her! Loved it. I COULD NOT put this down. I was so curious about this book! I loved the characters and i loved the plot. I really look forward to reading more by her!
RLoves2Read
Aug 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
What an awesome debut book by Misty Walker! Once I got started I did not want to put it down until I finished. This slow burn romance between accused murderer, Dustin, and soon to be nun, Odilia, gave us such wonderful character development that you could not help but fall in love with them. The storyline was wonderfully told and the chemistry between them was undeniable from the very beginning.

I definitely can't wait to see what Misty brings us next!!!
Maggie Ng
Aug 10, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2019-reads
This is a debut book of Misty Walker. A story about a criminal Dustin Hanes and a nun-in-training Odilia. I liked the idea and the book was fairly well written. But that’s the thing though, it was well written, but it did not awe me in a way that make my heart race a little faster or make me sacrifice my sleep to finish it. It was a book with a great premise but writer failed to give it sparks. That being said, as mentioned, this is author’s debut book. I am sure there will be a lot of wonderful ...more
Tricia Bartley
Aug 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Y'all,

You know what happens when a man behind prison walls has a Pen pal that is a woman of the Lord...welllll you have one Hell of a HAWT Ass Book!!! (gahhh this is sooo wrong to write all that in one sentence) lol

Dustin is a convicted murderer that was sent to prison wrongfully. Writing Odilia has become a way for him to escape. While Dustin shares his story, Odilia shares hers as well. They definitely hit it off although they are from different sides of the tracks for sure. (I tell you I lov
Lg
Aug 12, 2019 rated it liked it

This Misty Walker’s debut book. This was a very good story.. A bad boy with a dangerous past finds himself behind bars. A good girl looking to make her discernment to becoming a nun reaches out to counsel him. Dustin and Odilia are an unlikely pair. Dustin is certain that he is not worthy of friendship, forgiveness or love. Yet with Ophelia’s correspondence she is determined to convince him otherwise.

This story had some really good moments. Sweet, and a little dirty too. I just felt it
Chantal Rodriguez
Aug 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a great duet from Misty! I was hooked from the very start. I loved the characters and story. I truly hope more is to come from her. There were some funny moments. Super enjoyable!

I must say I’ve never read something like this! The characters were so different, and I was very intrigued how everything would play out. And without any disappointments, I liked the direction the story went!
Cheyenne
Aug 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
**review to come**
R
Aug 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
First baby book from the author! And I must say she's done a great job.

At first I was like oh yummm😘a convict and a little nun😂forbidden definitly written all over my dirty mind😜

But then the layers peeled.

We see the sweet, innocence, naive, sheltered little Doll grow to be a strong, smart, determined young woman

And Dustin... Oh yeah he is smokin hot😂😘
That bad boy Alpha dominant aura definitly make me wet wet wet

But like his Doll, Dustin is more than that. He have demons that can hurt and destr
LoAnn
Aug 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
WOWZA!!!!

What a way to Debute, Misty Walker!!!

A gripping read from begging to end!

I actually started reading it Sunday at 1AM and ended it at around Noon, and only because I was forced to make breakfast for my annoying family that decided cereal was not acceptable. So, needless to say, I became very upset to be interrupted. Anyways....

What an original story line with a fully enthralling plot.
Odilia had the perfect amount of innocence, to make me crave, that a badass like Dustin will either corr
Tyi
Aug 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
I can't believe this is a debut from this author. She knows how to bring on the laughs, the steams, and especially the feels. I loved Odilia's crazy family. Her crazy, religious family reminded me of mine. Not as extreme but pretty much the same. Odilia, who was pretty known as Doll to Dustin, was the baby of the family. She was innocent to extent, headstrong, God-fearing, and pretty brave. I was on her side each and every step of the way. I understood her thoughts and feelings. I felt her pain ...more
Book Boyfriend Whoarder Tania
The book is about Odilia, who is a soon to be nun and as part as her discernment she needs to get a pen pal inmate. Dustin is a inmate who is in jail accused of killing his best friend.

The story is soo good I really enjoyed how the characters and story flowed. I would recommend this book.

This is a debut book from this author the writing so good and it pulls you in. Can’t wait to read more books from this new author.
Sparklin
Aug 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
You can’t tell this is Misty debut book. She has a way with words that capture your attention from the beginning. That you find yourself reading the book in one sitting. Found me a new author will definitely be on the lookout for more from this author.
Ashley Lane
Ala
Sarah Peña
Waleska 'Wally'
Aug 08, 2019
I've been writing stories, articles, and poems since junior high. Preferring to stay behind the scenes until now, I've been an avid romance reader, a blogger, and an audiobook proofer for the last fifteen years. Growing up in a nomadic household, I have lived all up and down the western USA, but recently settled in Reno, Nevada. I'm a mom to two kids who are slowly trying to kill me, but they are ...more