Start by marking “The Green Man's Foe (Green Man 2)” as Want to Read:
The Green Man's Foe (Green Man 2)

The Green Man's Foe

(Green Man #2)

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  11 ratings  ·  5 reviews
When you do a good job for someone, there’s a strong chance they’ll offer you more work or recommend you elsewhere. So Daniel Mackmain isn’t particularly surprised when his boss’s architect brother asks for his help on a historic house renovation in the Cotswolds.

Except Dan’s a dryad’s son, and he soon realises there’s a whole lot more going on. Ancient malice is stirring
Kindle Edition
Published August 15th 2019 by Wizard's Tower Press

To ask other readers questions about The Green Man's Foe, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Green Man's Foe

really liked it 4.00  ·

K.J. Charles
I was looking for shelves for this and realised I needed a new category: rural fantasy, in opposition to urban fantasy. It's a modern fantasy deeply embedded in British folklore--the Green Man, dryads, the Hunter, witch bottles, 20s occult, and a general sense of the deep spookiness of the British countryside. It will not be a surprise to anyone who follows me that I loved it.

This is a sequel to The Green Man's Heir and again gives us Dan the dryad's son and loner solving an occult problem in a
Jacey
Jul 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy
This is a follow up to Ms McKenna's fabulous 'The Green Man's Heir' which came out last year. Daniel Mackmain works with wood, which isn't surprising since his mother is a dryad. His half dryad blood lets him see into a world that most people don't know is there, a world of British folklore, myth and legend. He's lived the life of a loner for years, moving on from one building site to another, but in the first book he found somewhere he could call home, for a while at least, and a friend who kno ...more
Michele
Aug 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I bloody loved this!

I loved the first book - The Green Man's Heir - when it came out last year, and I was not the only person who immediately clamoured for a sequel. It's always nice when an author is able to provide what readers request!

I hadn't thought McKenna could top The Green Man's Heir. Which was ridiculous of me, frankly, given I've been reading her books for nearly 20 years and I know just how damn good she is!

This is a terrific sequel - compelling, page-turning prose was some terrifi
Robert Berg
Aug 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Folklore story at its best!

Great Paranormal with British Folklore woven in. I read it though right to the end. Love the interaction of the characters with the Green man and the Horned one. Hope the series continues!
Vae
Aug 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
Just as good as the first - a wonderful blending of folklore and the occult, and Dan continuing to be Dan, solid and constant and well-intentioned and determined.
Els
Aug 13, 2019
Philip
is currently reading it
Aug 16, 2019
Juliet E McKenna is a British fantasy author living in the Cotswolds, UK. Loving history, myth and other worlds since she first learned to read, she has written fifteen epic fantasy novels, from The Thief’s Gamble which began The Tales of Einarinn in 1999, to Defiant Peaks concluding The Hadrumal Crisis trilogy.

Her new novel (August 2019) is her second modern fantasy rooted in the ancient myths a

Green Man (2 books)