Start by marking “Love in an Undead Age” as Want to Read:
Love in an Undead Age

Love in an Undead Age

Compared to the secrets of the human heart, killing zombies is a snap.

Urban farmer Miranda Tucci is lucky to be alive in what's left of California's Silicon Valley, even if her love life matches the state of the world. But when an old flame turns up at nearby Santa Clara University, she begins to wonder if her luck might be changing.

A ruthless governing council controls t
Published August 1st 2019

To ask other readers questions about Love in an Undead Age, please sign up.
A.M. Geever It's the first in a three book series. Right now I am a little over a third finished with the first draft of book two (as yet untitled).

Ian
It's not always easy to define zombie books.
At one end they are a sub-genre of Horror, but they can also be a sub-genre of Romance and even humour.
I've always had a basic model of what a zombie book is, based on a bunch of recurring themes and archetypes.
There are of course brain eating undead.
They usually come from the south. There is a plucky band of survivors. A Walmart. A fort. I could go on but you get the idea.
I guess those things are the rules of the genre.

Authors love breaking rules
Carole (Carole's Random Life in Books)
This review can also be found at Carole's Random Life in Books.

I liked this book. If you have been following my reviews, you might have noticed that I have been of a zombie kick lately so this book really did appeal to me. There were some things that I really liked about the story and a few things that I could have done without. It was an overall enjoyable read with enough action to really keep the pages turning for me. I am glad that I took a chance and decided to read this one.

My favorite part
Karen’s Library
3.5 stars. One of my favorite genres is post-apocalyptic and every once in a while I like to sink my teeth into a good zombie book. (Get it?! Sink. My. Teeth!? Lol) With Love in an Undead Age, I definitely got my fix!

I thought the premise was really good as Miri lives in a city that has been rebuilt and as long as you stay inside the walls, life as usual goes on. There is plenty of food, supply lines, and even elite parties for the well to do.

Step outside the walls and it's the usual zombie cra
Grace
Jul 21, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book packs a bite.
Literally.

As an avid reader who reads about 3 books per week, I'm always looking to mix things up and try something new. So, this was my first zombie apocalypse book. Given how entertaining it was, it won't be my last.

There is no lead up into this book on how things in this new state of the world came to be. Instead the author throws the reader right into the terror that surrounds those who have survived the massive attack.

It took some time for the overall theme of the st
Hammurabi Says
Jul 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Quick word of warning, this review will contain very MILD SPOILERS!

Despite being a huge horror fan, I rarely pick up zombie books, though I'm not really sure why. This was only my second foray into the sub-genre, and I was happy to find that I absolutely loved this. LOVE IN AN UNDEAD AGE is a story about surviving and finding love again in a post-apocalyptic world after zombies have attacked and society has found a tentative foothold again. It contains plenty of gripping zombie vs human action s
Scott Karavlan
Jun 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love in an Undead Age, is a cannibalistic treat for fans of romance and the horror genres.
A.M. Geever’s work introduces us to Miranda Tucci, a zombie-killing-ass-kicking-organic-farming-revolutionary-catholic-girl. She is a complicated and fascinating protaginist.
Every entry into the cannon of “Zombie Fiction” is created with acrid smoke and broken-mirrors. Geever doesn’t really know what it is like to live in a Post-Apocalyptic Hellscape, but she has skillfully spun a convincing yarn. The corr
Petra Gleason
Mar 28, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Thoroughly enjoyed this book. Watch for my review at www.lovenbooks.com
Bookish_Pineapple
Jul 27, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Love in an Undead Age is a post-apocalyptic romance inside of an adventure.
What would you do in order to survive? How much can you take? Can love really conquer all?
I can’t imagine what going through the end of the world would be like, let alone zombies. All the while thinking you are without your loved ones. To have someone you loved deeply come back after so much time has passed? Just like the main character, it would be an emotional overload.
You know what always survives no matter what? Corru
Sharla Schrenkel
I am a huge fan of the apocalyptic/post apocalyptic genre. I have to say this was an exciting read! I don't suffer badly written books with poor grammar, and I will just stop reading if that's what I encounter. Not the case here! Well written, and thoughtfully laid out. I usually read books that start with the "outbreak". Love in an Undead Age was different in that it mainly focuses on the aftermath, after some semblance of order has been restored (slightly corrupt, as it may be). I liked the ma ...more
Tiffany Champion
For a Full Honest Review please check out my blog: https://readingtoescapeblog.wordpress...
J.D. DeHart
Jul 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I’m generally not a fan of horror-themed books, but AM Geever had enough going on in this book to capture my interest and keep me reading. Love in an Undead Age is entertaining and Geever paints scenes well. A great reading experience.
Anna Szabó
Jul 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Zombies and romance, what else could you ask for?

The Zombie Apocalypse is here. It is a disease. You can easily catch it. But people learned to live in this age of zombies. But life is hard. Love life is even harder. Just ask Miranda. She lives is San Jose, California which is one of the last outposts of humanity, it is a heavily secured place controlled by the City Council and its leader, Mario Santorello. The nearby Santa Clara University’s community is lead by Jesuit priest. The Council has a
Elaine
Jul 28, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Finding love after the apocalypse, a good man might be hard to find... even after 10 years.....
Even saving mankind might be fatal.. this book had it all zombies humans vaccinations.. this was a first zombie book for me..
It was kind of out there for me I was asked by the author to read this one for an honest review it's not my type of book but I gave it a shot not a bad book I would recommend it to those who love this type of book.....
The Kawaii Slartibartfast
I received a copy of this book from Netgalley and the publisher in exchange for an honest review.

Yes! I loved this book! Zombies are kinda iffy for me but I really enjoyed the world-building and characters.

I'm so glad I got to read it!
Kathy
Jul 28, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Miranda has been surviving the zombie #apocalypse mostly by herself. Lonely, scared, and trying to save the world. That's until she finally finds a man.... a good man.

Follow her journey through life and death in a world that has long been dead.
Ben Ostrowsky
Aug 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Love in an Undead Age delivers what the title promises, and more: an intelligent, badass woman out to save a world where romance isn’t dead but neither are the zombies that hunger for human flesh. But there’s a religious dimension to her quest: she’s working with Jesuits, including the expedition’s leader Father Doug Michel and her wise old mentor Father Walter.

It’s difficult for me to be objective about this book because I’m mentioned in the Acknowlegments (sic), but I found myself breathlessly
thewoollygeek
Aug 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this, a really enjoyable fast paced read full of lots of twists, action, romance and drama. There’s a love triangle but I good with that they don’t bother me the way they do some people, the characters are three dimensional and relatable, the writing is good and it’s an addictive read. Zombies and romance, what more do you want

Thanks to netgalley and the publisher for a free copy for an honest opinion
Lucy Geever-Conroy
Yes! Easy to read, fast paced, fun ride.

How do you persist when all hope is gone? Do you smash your moral compass temper tantrum style? Does some instinct kick in that propels you to be of service to those who share your “sinking ship? Or does something else happen?

We are dropped into the world of Miranda Tucci. It's several years after a virus morphed most of humanity into zombies. Life is hard and precarious. Miranda Tucci is a woman whose DNA is wired for pure survival. She is tough, smart a
Breen Rdz
Aug 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
“A.M. wrote an outstanding book. If you are a great fan of horror stories and post-apocalypse moments, this book it’s definitely for you. Awe, drama, action and hope with the perfect mix of romance. And of course, lots of zombies.

Love in an undead age it’s a story set in a post-apocalypse world. Society collapsed for the zombie attack and are struggling to hold. One thing they are still holding up its, hope and faith. Yes, religion had a major impact in the plot. The story showed the value and
Love N. Books
Aug 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Pet’s $0.02

You know I love good Zombie books, and this is one of the better ones I’ve read in quite a while. It leans a little heavier to the romance side rather than the horror side, but it grabs you and doesn’t let go.

It covers all the zombie tropes, but they’re incorporated into the story well and I never felt cheated or like it was the same old zombie story rehashed. It had some fresh ideas and compelling characters.

What surprised me was that the main character, Miranda, was not my
Emma
Aug 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
In the book Love in an undead age I was unsure of what to expect. I usually am not big on books about zombies but this was soooo much more . The characters the author has created have such personality and the dialogue and humor is fabulous. This is more then just your average zombie read. The characters have real stories to tell and real emotions. The author really has you engaged from the first page to the very last! Highly recommend especially for those unsure. You will not be disappointed!
Lucille Bransfield
3.5 stars, but I’m rounding up. Really good zombie novel. Had a few different things in it then your average apocalyptic book. By the title I figured there would be a love story, but it was more like a love triangle. Which can get messy to begin with, but throw zombies into the mix and watch out. The author was sweet enough to allow me an ARC for a review.
Victoria
Mostly predictable and lame but the zombie parts were really really good. I couldn't get over the whole team Edward team Jacob thing droning on. Also I don't know if it was because I'm reading an ARC copy but a lot of grammer was off and it kind of felt like watching a movie with bad subtitles.

I'm going to say it again, the zombie parts make the book. Maybe more zombies less Twilight next time around.

Darcy
Aug 22, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A most excellent book— gripping plot, interesting characters, plenty of action, humor, non-cringe-y sex scenes, twists and turns, a few good laugh-out-loud spots— it has everything. I especially love how the story moves along at a good clip and how the main character isn’t perfect, but you are rooting for her anyhow. The clear writing style lets you easily see the movie version of this book in your mind while you’re reading it. Perfect book for a summer beach weekend or for curling up with on a ...more
Faith 09
Sep 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book and can't wait for the next one.
Jodi Geever
Aug 12, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Rachel
Aug 10, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was so confusing, in a good way. It had lots of twists and turns, The characters had me second guessing what I thought was going to happen. It was very interesting and exciting. Can’t wait to read the next book.
Stephanie
Aug 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was not even in a genre I like, but I was captivated. Fast moving plot, great characters and that cover!!! It totally sucked me in. Looking forward to more from this author.
Fliss Cousins
Aug 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book.

Honestly I only read it because Justin Sane said it's his sisters book. However I was surprised how good it was.
It dives right in with zombies. Miranda is a bad ass and doesn't put up with crap from anyone apart from her ex Mario.
The back story of how the zombie virus was spread was good.
The fact that there is actually an antidote for the zombies means that this zombie story can have a proper ending. Unlike others that keep going round and round forever.

I don't think the love
Karen Machamer
Aug 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received an ARC in exchange for an honest review. I really enjoyed reading this , and I recommend it to everyone.
Authors & Reviewers: Reviewers wanted for Love in an Undead Age 2 10 Aug 30, 2019 08:03PM
Check out my Kickstarter - http://bit.ly/liuabookks

I enjoy stories of survival in extraordinary circumstances. It's not so much the incident that throws people into survival situations that piques my interest but how they react to it. Why brings out the best and the worst of human nature? Do people always break good or bad, or is it a bit of both? Since zombies can be anything - metaphors, monster