Start by marking “Matt's swirly world” as Want to Read:
Matt's swirly world

Matt's swirly world

When children are young their emotions come in peaks and valleys. Sometimes they’re super excited, sometimes they’re sad, and sometimes they lose control and express themselves by throwing a temper tantrum.

These outbursts of emotions are common for parents and kids of all walks of life and can be leveraged by parents who want to teach impulse control, improved behavior, an
Published July 29th 2019 by Independently published ( KDP)

To ask other readers questions about Matt's swirly world, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Matt's swirly world

Amanda Gibson
Aug 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Not what I expected

This book has amazing illustrations! It starts off great, but from there it just wasn’t for me. When I read the description, I thought the book would be either a children’s book showing how the child feels during these episodes and maybe coaching them through the feeling or a book for adults dealing with children who have these episodes and tips on how to connect and coach the child through. I thought it was a little wordy for a child to connect with the directions and didn’t
Becky
Aug 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book provides a method to help young ones to learn how to handle tantrums and relief streets anxiety. Any parent or grandparent that has told a young child “no” has been a first hand witness to a tantrum. Developing young children don’t yet have the coping skills when they can’t do or get what they want.

This book provides a training option to help a young child reign in and control their tantrum. As a grandparent, looking for an option that will help put a halt to the “blow out” is an on-g
Danielle Warren
Aug 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I received an advanced copy of this book in return for my review. This was a fun children’s book read. I plan to read it to my own children as well as my student’s at school. The illustrations and explanation of angry feelings were great using the analogy of a dragon. I think that my kids and students will relate to this as they love animals and fantasy. I really like that the book teaches using deep breaths to calm down. Thank you for creating this book that will be useful to teach young childr ...more
Jessica
Aug 19, 2019 rated it it was ok
I like the premise of this one, but the delivery left much to be desired. The way anger and feelings were described in the story were too advanced for most of the age group the book is intended for. The kid in the story seems way too young to understand what the mom is telling him. I had my daughter read it and even though she’s in the “target audience” age, there was little interest for her as well.

The drawings are done well.
Kristi
Illustrations are my favorite

Beautiful illustrations and great concept. It is a great imaginative story to help kids learn to breath to calm down, and discuss how emotions can be explained. I love the dragon concept because my little boy loves to see the illustrations of the dragon. Also my little girl loves to see the beautiful fairy.
Neisha Exeter
Aug 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
First off, the illustrations in this book captivated my attention and once it can do that to me then it will definitely work on my daughter. I loved the lesson taught in this book about anger management. It's something we should discuss with our kids and I would recommend that parents purchase this book. Highly recommended.
Theresa
Aug 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Helping Our Lil "Dragons" Learn

I read this for my daughter (7) tonight as a bedtime story. We talked about it afterward and she's in love with the metaphors in it and wants me to use the wording more similar, than our usual conversations. I believe her counselor (my daughter has adjustment disorder) would love it too, as well as how eager she is to read/use it! 😊
Missy Block
Jul 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
An ADORABLY illustrated teaching lesson for toddlers and young children how to deal with stress, anxiety and how to calm a temper tantrum before it happens. This book will be pulled out again and again, perfect tool for quiet time after melt downs. Brilliant conversation opener, coaxing kids to explain their feelings with words instead of anger.
Melissa Stevens- kulis
Aug 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Madeline Matthews did an amazing job with the book. Not only will kids be entertained by the beautiful illustrations but will also be taught a very important lesson we all could use help on, controlling your anger. The book is done in a way the children will be happy to read and learn a new lesson.
Carolyn
Jul 31, 2019 rated it it was ok
Anger Issues?

The animation was cute, this book would not interest any 3 to 5 year old I’ve come in contact with. This wouldn’t interest the 7, 9 and 11 year olds in my family. Good concept but needs to be geared toward children not adults.
Lori Caprio Tate
Aug 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Cute children's book

Cute summary of how to explain to children their feeling of anger and how to alleviate. Matt and his mom went through the best way to control himself. I found it helpful for all new parents.
Angie
Aug 14, 2019 rated it liked it
A cute and fun little kids book. Matt didn't want to go gome from the park. His Mom teaches him about anger and how to manage it. Really cute. The illustrations are fun but I think it's more suited for a different age range. 3/5
Paul Diamond
Aug 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A wonderful read for little ones

With nice calming illustrations this dives in the temper tantrum and maybe will help your child see it from a new angle.
Emily
Jul 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Well written for the toddler/preschool age group, and helps to teach how to recognize big emotions that come on quickly. My little ones enjoyed it!
Tessa
Aug 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Matt’s Swirly World is a creative way to explain feelings to children. Also helps adults understand how to deal with feelings. This one focuses on tantrums. I really loved the fun and bright illustrations. Easy to read and understand.
Joleen Grace
Good for kids

Cute book to help kids deal with anger and disappointment. Written in a way that they can understand and process. I am going to read it to my kids and try to help them learn this way too!
Jeanne Spencer