Jump to ratings and reviews

Cat's Paw Cove #3

Loading interface...

About the author

Wynter Daniels

81 books158 followers
Wynter Daniels has penned more than two dozen books in various romance genres including paranormal, romantic suspense and contemporary for several publishers including Entangled Publishing and Kristen Painter's Nocturne Falls Universe. In 2019, she launched a brand new world with author Catherine Kean. Wynter lives in sunny Florida with her family and a spoiled cat. Find her at www.WynterDaniels.com, wwwCatsPawCoveRomance.com, on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Wynter...
or on Twitter at https://twitter.com/WynterDaniels

Ratings & Reviews

What do you think?

Friends & Following

Create a free account to discover what your friends think of this book!

5 stars
Displaying 1 - 25 of 25 reviews
Profile Image for Susan.
4,222 reviews89 followers
October 23, 2019
Fun book. Sam arrives in Cat's Paw Cove expecting to spend time with her Aunt Emma. Instead, Emma has left on vacation, leaving Sam in charge of her shop. This puts Sam in a tough spot because she has none of Emma's magical powers. She's grateful for the tall, dark, and hunky guy who steps up to give her a hand. Unknown to her, Eli isn't just a chance acquaintance. A professional gambler, a run of bad luck put Eli at the mercy of a loan shark. His debt will be forgiven if Eli acquires (through fair means or foul) the sapphire brooch that Sam inherited from her father. All he has to do is get close enough to find it.

I liked both Sam and Eli. Sam is an incredible artist with very little confidence in herself. Her childhood was spent with a mother who always put her down. The only good parts were the times she spent with her Aunt Emma, who encouraged Sam's creativity. Sam went out on her own when she was seventeen, determined to make it on her own. She knows she has made mistakes, but she learns from them and moves on. Eli is a good guy at heart. His childhood wasn't all that great either, and when his mother died he was raised by his older sister. He may be a gambler, but he's an honest one until this situation puts his sister's life at risk.

I enjoyed the development of the relationship between Sam and Eli. There are sparks between them from the start, but Sam is wary. She's been hurt before by men who have lied and cheated, so trusting Eli won't be easy. Eli lays the charm on pretty thick, which works against him a bit. Once he dials it back a little, Sam is more willing to accept his help in the shop. I liked watching them get to know each other and share bits of their pasts. This posed a problem for Eli because he quickly realized that he was falling for her. When the threats against him extend to his sister and Sam, Eli knows he has to do something to end it. There were some intense moments when the bad guys show up in Cat's Paw Cove, and Eli has some decisions to make. I ached for Sam when she learned the truth. I liked the way that everything worked out. The epilogue was great.

I enjoyed seeing more of the town's residents. Each one is intriguing, which leaves me hoping that they all get stories of their own. I especially enjoyed seeing more of Jordan and her ability to communicate with animals.
353 reviews
September 26, 2019
Gambling on the Artist by Wynter Daniels is another winner!

Description
Artist Samantha Cartwright arrives in Cat’s Paw Cove for a visit with her great Aunt Emma, hoping to get clarity about Emma’s cryptic prediction. Instead, Sam finds out she must mind her aunt’s metaphysical shop while Emma is away on vacation. The temporary job proves impossible for Sam because unlike Emma, Sam possesses no magical powers. Lucky for her, tall, dark, and handsome help enters the shop just in the nick of time. Eli Kincaid managed to get on the bad side of a ruthless loan shark. Now his life depends upon his ability to con an innocent woman out of the only thing of value she owns—a precious jewel she inherited. If he can get close to Sam, maybe he can figure out where she’s keeping the gem. What he hadn’t counted on was falling for his mark. Can he escape the web of deception and protect Sam as sinister forces close in on both of them?

If you like novels with mystical creatures and magic then this is the book for you. True to Daniels form, this lighthearted cozy mystery will definitely leave you wanting more. I was so excited about this latest book I read it in one sitting.

I received this book free of charge in exchange for my honest opinion. So, if you enjoy romantic, magical novels then you will not be disappointed. I give this a 5 Star ⭐️ ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Profile Image for Nikki Brooks.
2,768 reviews37 followers
October 4, 2019
Samantha is a damp squib in the magical world. No great psychic powers. Nada, Nyet. So when she is asked to filin for her Aunt Emma when she is called away suddenly, she is at a loss. She knows nothing about her aunts business really. She certainly doesn't know the herbs and roots that people want!

Eli is a bit of a gambler but after a run of bad luck he is on the hook to a less than nice guy! Now he has to put his charms to use and try and con Sam out of a precious gem she has inherited from her late father. One small snag, he doesn't want to fleece her, he actually really likes her.

Lots of double dealing going on! Sam is a major fish out of water in this magical community. Eli isn't a bad man, he's just a bit...rubbish at gambling!
Profile Image for Jennifer.
718 reviews12 followers
October 7, 2019
This is the third book in the Cat's Paw cove series and just as fun and moving as the first ones! Another great cozy book. This one centers on Samantha an artist that is the only female in the family that doesn't have powers and Eli a down on your luck gambler that is indebted to a loan shark that is pressuring him to retrive a jewel that Samantha inherited from her dead father. There is plenty of action and romace in this one and laughs dont forget the laughs! the characters in this series are so much fun it is an enjoyment to read about their lives. Looking forward to more from this series.
Profile Image for Donna.
3,630 reviews43 followers
October 8, 2019
Gambling on the Artist is a little darker than the others in this series to date. Samantha is a gifted artist and the only one in her family with no magical gift. She left the only home she ever knew to make it on her own but now she is back in Cat’s Paw Cove and in danger because someone is determined to get their hands on her legacy from her recently deceased father.
I liked Sam. She could have been all boo hoo woe is me but she knows she is a work in progress. I usually like my heroines with more self confidence but Sam is self aware and getting there. This was a sweet story of a young woman coming into her own.
Though this is part of a series it can be read stand alone.
Profile Image for Valerie.
577 reviews6 followers
September 29, 2019
I liked this book. It's a feel-good romance It's about a gambler who owes some money to a loan shark and is asked to retrieve an sapphire brooch from it's owner. The owner who just inherited it from her dad doesn't want to sell it so he decides to steal it. He followed her to Cat's Paw Cove where she's trying to help her aunt so he jumps in to make a good impression on her. They fall in love and it goes from there. It's good to see the couple make it together at the end. I do wish that there were more about the cats and the town of Cat's Paw Cove. #ParanormalRomance #NetGalley
'
11.2k reviews44 followers
December 10, 2019
She has been given a cryptic prediction and so she goes to cat paw cove to see her great aunt to ask about it all. She ends up looking after her shop while they go on holiday. She is then targeted by him as he wants to know where a precious jewel. He finds himself falling for her. Will he carry on with his plan? Will he stop.It before she gets hurt? See what he does

794 reviews3 followers
December 8, 2019
He was doing a bad thing for a good cause in his eyes. He felt bad to do the same thing to her. She understood why and knew that he was protecting her. He did the right thing for all the right reasons this time.

Profile Image for Tayra Sanders.
2,313 reviews25 followers
November 19, 2019
The twists in this tale just adds spice to an already exciting and adventurous tale that will shock you and the end. I highly recommend this tale and eagerly await the next book in this series.
Profile Image for Betty.
496 reviews2 followers
October 4, 2019
Samantha Cartwright is an aspiring artist and is returning home to Cat's Paw Cove to mind her Aunt Emma's store - Eye of Newt Metaphysical Shop and her cat Ginger. Aunt Emma had to go away for 10 days and leaves a cryptic note to Samantha - not to sell the special amulet her father left to her, it's the key to her future! She'll explain all when she gets back.
Eli Kincaid is usually a very lucky card player, but not this time. He owes a lot of money to Rodrigo Diaz who makes a deal with Eli. If he gets this special amulet from a Samantha Cartwright who happens to have the amulet, the debt will be repaid. Also Rodrigo holds Eli's wheelchair bound sister as a hostage to get what he wants. Eli thinks this will be easy, but he finds out things don't go easily as planned.
I lived this magical, suspenseful and romantic story.
Profile Image for Jade.
206 reviews22 followers
October 26, 2019
This is a quick easy, fun read. I writing style is very easy to get into.
We are following Sam a down on her luck artist called back home to see her aunt only find out her aunt has gone on holiday and left her to run her herb shop. Then in walks Eli who is just what Sam needs, hansom and good with the customs, but is he all that he seems. Sam has been burnt before, but she just can't help fallen for Eli charm.
Eli isn't all that he seems but he with learn to be more than what he has become.
This is just such a sweet book, but for those that aren't a fan of insterlove maybe give it a miss but if you can look past the fact they fall for each other in ten seconds flat you won't be disappointed
Profile Image for Sharon Buchbinder.
Author 27 books2,093 followers
November 3, 2019
Artist Samantha (Sam) Cartwright and Eli Kincaid meet in the enchanting town of Cats Paw Cove. Sam is a starving artist, down on her luck with money and men. Eli comes along, a knight in shining armor, willing to help her tend to her Aunt Emma's metaphysical shop while the older woman is out of town.

Sam has inherited a valuable piece of jewelry, one her Aunt Emma told her to keep. Unbeknownst to Sam, Eli is really there to steal the jewelry to protect his fragile older sister and to keep a loan shark from killing him.

Will Sam continue the path of bad money and bad men? Or will the jewelry have a supernatural power to change her luck. No spoilers from me, just 5 shiny sapphires and a recommendation to read this fast-paced, entertaining story.
1,172 reviews3 followers
October 3, 2019
I was excited to see another book taking place in Cat’s Paw Cove. The characters are well written and intriguing. Eli has made mistakes that puts his family in jeopardy. Samantha is struggling financially and comes to visit her aunt, who leaves her in charge of her store. Both leads have experienced difficult childhoods and need more therapy than the usual characters in this series but are just as lovable. I love how the community comes together to help each other and embrace visitors. A reader can’t go wrong with this series. I voluntarily read and reviewed an advanced copy of this book. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
Profile Image for Heather W.
3,951 reviews25 followers
Don't gamble on love...

Gambling on the Artist is the third book in the Cat's Paw Cove series. I love this series and this book is no exception. The characters are well developed and likable. The storyline is well written, with danger and deception, magic and mystery, and loan sharks and love. Samantha and Eli have some things that could keep them apart, will love win in the end?

I am looking forward to the next story in this wonderful series.
I read and reviewed this book with no obligation.
Profile Image for Barbara.
16.6k reviews8 followers
October 16, 2019
Book three in the Cat’s Paw Cove series a well written story with a very good storyline. Artist Samantha Cartwright and Eli Kincaid's story had me smiling as I read. It has suspense, drama, danger, deception, magic, a mystery,loan sharks, and romance. I enjoyed reading. I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntarily leaving a review.
Profile Image for Marianne.
4,203 reviews38 followers
October 15, 2019
This is a super awesome paranormal romance. I loved it... It is cute and funny, magical and mysterious. Adorable romance...

251 reviews1 follower
October 16, 2019
I love this addition to the Cat's Paw series. Samantha continues to grow and learn. Each installment is better than the last. Always look forward to more.

172 reviews
October 21, 2019
I found this book to be an extremely enjoyable read. It has a great combination of suspense, mystery, humor and drama.

Profile Image for Annarella.
10k reviews94 followers
October 23, 2019
First book I read in this series and I hope it won't be the last.
It's a cute, fun and entertaining read with a cast of likeable characters and a lovely setting.
The plot is entertaining and I liked it.
Recommended!
Many thanks to the publisher and Netgalley for this ARC, all opinions are mine.
Profile Image for fred jones.
967 reviews4 followers
October 11, 2022
I am a huge fan of this series. Sam Cartwright, struggling artist with a string of bad relationships arrives at Cats Paw Cove to visit her aunt, finds herself running her aunts shop and meets Eli another new arrival who has a secret and a job to do. He story revolves around these two damaged individuals and has the usual mix of magic, fun and cats. This story is a little more emotionally charged than some others in the series. I really liked it, the characters and the story. The writing an usual is excellent. Winter Daniels is a favourite of mine. Rebecca Winder does a fine job On the audiobook. I received a complimentary copy of the Audio and am leaving a honest voluntary review
Profile Image for Sandra R.
2,710 reviews32 followers
June 23, 2020
A well written, delightful story sprinkled with a little bit of fun, drama, romance and magic. Eli and Sam make a cute couple and I really enjoyed their story in this coastal town full of cats and unusual characters. I'll be looking to read more books in this series. 3.5 stars. My thanks to NetGalley and the publisher for gifting me the e-ARC.
Profile Image for Toula.
2,149 reviews
July 29, 2022
Audio book review

Gambling on the Artist is the third book in the Cat's Paw Cove series This series is worth a credit and a listen this series has everything you want in a story , mystery, magic , danger .
Heroine is Samantha. Hero is Eli

There is load sharks after them. Will their love win out
Profile Image for T.M. Payne.
Author 30 books87 followers
October 14, 2019
Book Review: Gambling on The Artist
Author: Wynter Daniels
My Rating: 5 Stars
Reviewed by: Tammy Payne- Book Nook Nuts

REVIEW
What do you do when your aunt leaves you to watch her store?
Samantha has come back at the request of her aunt to help her out. She has to figure out what to do with an item her father left her in his will. So what happens? Well, what doesn't happen?
Samantha has her work cut out for her when someone wants what she has.
Eli isn't prepared for the female who holds what he needs to keep his sister safe.
Now, what is he going to do?
Another fantastic story in the Cat's Paw Cove world.

Wynter Daniels
Profile Image for Helena#bookdreamer.
1,166 reviews9 followers
October 15, 2019
Thank you netgalley for providing this ARC in exchange for an honest review.
This was a cute, magical romance with no frills. Sam is back in her hometown hoping to get the sapphire jewel her aunt has and sell it to improve her life. Eli is forced to con her into giving him the jewel. This could have been a more intriguing story if Eli didn't second guess himself half the time. He didn't want to con Sam but his circumstances force him. Nothing Earth shattering but still worth the read.
Displaying 1 - 25 of 25 reviews

Can't find what you're looking for?

Get help and learn more about the design.