Start by marking “Lake On The Moon (The Martian Diaries #2)” as Want to Read:
Lake On The Moon (The Martian Diaries #2)

Lake On The Moon (The Martian Diaries #2)

The War Of The Worlds Audio Drama Sequel Continues! A New Martian Menace Invades Earth in Volume Two of The Martian Diaries.

When a Martian cylinder lands on Horsell Common, Ogilvy the astronomer barely survives the deadly heat-ray attack and wakes up in a hospital inundated with casualties from the first War of the Worlds alien invasion. He alone discovers the
Audiobook, Unabridged, 5 pages
Published July 16th 2019 by Authors Republic

To ask other readers questions about Lake On The Moon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lake On The Moon

Start your review of Lake On The Moon (The Martian Diaries #2)
Adrian
Jul 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ok, before I finish this "book" I have to state that I received an early review copy of this audiobook from H.E. for an honest and unbiased review.

Secondly I have to apologise to H.E. as I had intended to listen to this earlier, unfortunately ill health (sunstroke and then kidney stones) have delayed me, poor excuse I know, sorry H.E.

Full Review to follow this evening 😊

Ok, where do I start with this review, hmm. Well anyone who knows me, will know that I am a
Gabriel Blake
Jul 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Are Your Dreams Your Own?

This review does contain spoilers.

When I listened to The Day of the Martians (The Martian Diaries #1) I didn't really know what I was in for. Considering it was my first audiobook, I'm sure you understand why. Then we have to take in the fact this is a sequel to the great classic The War of the Worlds. I mean, come on, that's a mighty challenge to even attempt. Turned out, I loved The Day of the Martians. So, I couldn't wait for the second part, L
John Decarteret
Jul 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A fantastic listen. The narration, backing tracks, and sound effects bring this to life like nothing else I have heard before. A great follow on from the first, and the story is that of a modern-day classic .

Ane easy 5*****stars
Susan
It’s a fun sequel to Volume 1. I think you’d get the most out of this Volume 2 by experiencing Volume 1 first. You might even consider going back to H. G. Wells’s War of the Worlds classic as well.

The timeline does jump a bit, here and there. There were a few times where I was little confused about where I was in the timeline. Ogilvy seems to shift from moment to moment when his story line is interrupted by George. However, this story does veer into time travel, so perhaps that is on
Lea Wiggins
Aug 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Lake on the Moon: The Martian Diaries Vol. 2
Author H.E. Wilburson
Narrators: Terry Thompson and Harry Preston
Listening Time 4 hours 42 min.

I was given this free review copy audiobook at my request and have voluntarily left this honest review.

I always like to preface any reviews I give with this information.

I am a 68 year old female who has been an avid reader since I was around 10 or 11 years old.
I read mainly for entertainment purposes although I do a
Simon
Jul 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Building Towards a Gripping Conclusion!

I love the bravery of this series, the sheer bravado of taking on this all-time sci-fi classic and taking the story beyond the bounds of the original, and doing so in a style that Mr Wells himself would likely approve of! Wilburson has captured the pacing and style of Wells and used it to project his story forwards, and this one certainly moves it on to significantly new ground making this part very much Wilburson's own.

However, not only did WIlbu
Breakaway Reviewers
Jul 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
“There is no future except the past”, a profound statement that rings true while listening to this book.

Ogilvy, the astronomer, wakes up in the hospital, covered in bandages after escaping a terrible Martian blast. His friend, Stent, the Astronomy Royal, was killed by the explosion. He vowed while lying recovering in hospital, that he would learn as much as possible about the Martians so that earth could finally be rid of them.

This extraordinary audiobook, narrated by Terry Thompson and Harry
Melanie Roussel
Jul 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
I felt some trepidation on starting Lake on the Moon. I had enjoyed The Day of the Martians (the first novel of The Martian Diaries series) so much. And I was worried it was my excitement that someone had stepped up to carry on Wells great novel.

Thankfully, I shouldn’t have been worried at all!

H.E. Wilburson has come on leaps and bounds with his storytelling. There were many truly gripping moments, and some moments of true terror with the Red Weed! He’s continued to remain faithful to the char
C.A. A. Powell
Jul 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was looking forward to Lake On The Moon. This second part of The Martian Diaries. Straight away the atmospheric build-up was there. The characters and the background sounds were splendid, Then the gripping and very clever story began to unfold. My imagination was easily able to picture the scenes as I went back in time. The astronomer from the original War of the Worlds. Ogilvy in his hospital bed. He is covered in bandages. A survivor of the Martian heat ray. It all made for a compelling open ...more
Amy Shannon
Aug 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Exciting new sequel

Lake on the Moon is the next sequel in Martian Diaries audiobooks. This is a grand story and I loved listening to it, as it brought it to life. The war of the worlds is in the midst of the devastating and compelling alien invasion. I like that Wilburson was able to continue the iconic H. G Wells' story War of the Worlds, and create magnificent narrative stories. The narration was wonderful, and gave a life to the story with his voice and storytelling ability. This
Ray Cooke
Jul 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
Lake on the Moon: The Martian Diaries, Volume 2. Let me start by saying I have been a fan of H.G Wells.
So honestly I didn't think I'd like the book (immitation rarely live up to hopes)
But H.E Wilbursons writing is so in the style that it is easy to feel that your listening to or reading an H.G Wells original.
A great follow up and I believe there is one more to come.
I was given a free copy of this audio book at my own request, and voluntarily leave this review.
Sheila Patel
Jul 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really hope readers can listen to both of these audio books. Such a treat for the sci-fi and War of the Worlds fans.
I enjoyed the first audio but I loved the story and the characters even more this time round. The narration, story-telling and music were brilliant.
The story carries on where it left off. Ogilvy wakes up in the hospital after the heat ray attack, he is still determined to solve the puzzle of the deadly red weed and how to kill it. Through his premonitions maybe the an
Nolcha Fox
Aug 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
H.E. Wilburson’s Volume 2 of the Martian Diaries is a wonderful sequel to Volume 2, and in the spirit of the War of the Worlds. It is creative and imaginative, with unexpected plot twists and turns. I love the characters, especially George, who helps Ogilvy try to save the world from destruction. This audio book is definitely worth the listen!
Zack Riley
Jul 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
I quite enjoyed part two of the story. Overall this is an exciting addition to the Martian Diaries series, extending on from the first Audio Drama, The day of the Martians. The story is rich and engaging with real-world events (although delayed because of the Martians) such as WWI and Spanish influenza still thought about and implemented into the plot. There are some time jumps within the story that can be slightly confusing but they add an interesting dynamic to the story.

Overall the story is
Mark Schultz
Jul 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I have been waiting for this story for a long time. I enjoyed the first book, The Day of The Martians so very much!
This is well written and acted out! The voice actors do an excellent job and the sound effects really make the story come alive. Science fiction is my favorite genre, and both of these books are a wonderful extension of the classic story from H. G. Wells “The War of The Worlds”.
I give “Lake On The Moon” a score of 5 stars!
K.R.M. Morgan
Jul 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed the first volume of The Martian Diaries so I looked forward to hearing this, the sequel. I was not disappointed, if anything it is even better than the first volume! A must listen for any retro Science Fiction fans! Great fun and ideal for listening on road trips or on a vacation!
Angela
Oct 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Very enjoyable sequel to The Day of the Martians, and taking Wells' vision further. Exploring the real significance of the Red Weed and with more than a gentle nod to time travel, this really is a fun sci-fi read that feels authentically written by Wells.
Lynda Engler
Aug 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Modern sequel to a classic SF novel:
I love how "Lake on the Moon" (along with the first book in the Martian Diaries series) updates the classic H.G.Wells' iconic story, taking it well beyond Wells' vision. Set in the same time period, "Lake on the Moon' is an audio narration complete with sound effects, musical score, and 2 narrators that make it come alive. H.E. Wilburson has created a classic SF tale that takes me back to my teen years when I enjoyed late-night radio stories (in the 80s
Pam Baddeley
marked it as to-read
Jul 30, 2019
Emily
marked it as to-read
Sep 03, 2019

• Elevator Pitch
  • Devil's Kitchen (Inspector Drake #0.5)
  • The Magic Vodka Wardrobe: Book 4
  • Challenges of The Gods
  • Skeletons in the Rain
  • The Black Hawks (Articles of Faith, #1)
  • Bloodborne Official Artworks
  • Horror Stories: Box Set bundle- Terrifyingly REAL Stories of True horror & Chilling- Murders- Unsolved Cases (Horror Anthology Series )
  • Wurm
  • Michael Ridding: A DenCom Thriller
  • The Travelling Bag
  • Beneath the Surface (Outsider Project #1)
  • Blood & Sugar
  • Never Die
  • The Smallest Thing
  • The Future of Supervillainy (The Supervillainy Saga, #6)
  • Tourist Trap: Oba Chandler & The Murder of the Rogers Family
  • Boundless in Torment
No one would have believed (especially me) that I would write a sequel to 'The War Of The Worlds' - and yet the first volume of 'The Martian Diaries' trilogy has already won an award. It has also been nominated in the 2019 Readers Choice Awards, science fiction category.

Would you like to escape for 2 hours with this exciting audio drama that continues H.G.Wells' iconic alien invasion story? Get a free copy of m