Start by marking “Nicole Brown Simpson: the Private Diary of a Life Interrupted” as Want to Read:
Nicole Brown Simpson: the Private Diary of a Life Interrupted

Nicole Brown Simpson: the Private Diary of a Life Interrupted

Now the world can hear Nicole Brown Simpson speak in her own voice, in this private diary. Here is a tragic story of a woman trapped in a violent cycle of fear and abuse. 2 cassettes.
Published December 31st 1994 by Dove Books (first published January 12th 1994)

Fiona Helmsley
Jan 23, 2012 rated it did not like it
I missed the OJ Simpson trial and all it's associated drama by about twenty years. I was eighteen at the time of the murders but far too distracted to pay it any attention. I was homeless and there was no television set behind the Stop and Shop supermarket where I laid my head to rest. I do recall talking on a payphone with my friend Amber as she watched the Bronco chase enfold on her end. As she gave me a bit- by- bit running commentary of what she was seeing, my mind was elsewhere, probably fi ...more
Feb 07, 2016 rated it it was ok
The ghosts of OJ seem to be every where right now. American Crime Story: The People vs. OJ Simpson is an interesting and somewhat campy retelling of the story. On Real Housewives of Beverly Hills, Faye Resnick is confronted by Kathyrn Edwards for things she wrote in her book about Nicole Brown Simpson. Of course the women meet for the first time on camera. A former cast member, Camille Grammer, once referred to her as "the morally corrupt Faye Resnick." She is very much disliked for appearing to ...more
Michele
Dec 23, 2008 rated it did not like it
Shelves: biography
Faye Resnick must be the friend in the saying "with friends like this, who needs enemies"...
Jessica
May 28, 2013 rated it did not like it
The title of this book is very misleading. This is NOT the private diary of anyone. This book is Faye Resnick's pathetic attempt to make money off of her dead friend. I use the word "friend" loosely, as a real friend would not divulge this type of personal information. I highly doubt that most of what Resnick claims happened is even true.

Resnick does not have anything worthwhile to share about the life of Nicole Brown Simpson. She uses this book to name drop, as well as brag about her own vacat
Joseph
Sep 10, 2007 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: everyone
ok, this one was SOOOO bad i just loved it. nicole's friend is #1) an ex-cocaine addict, so whatever she says should be taken with a grain of salt #2) is a fabulous hysteric, leaving out mysterious details to sketchy interpersonal situations #3) exemplifies the snooty, rich, white, brentwood cokeslut to a T. it was funny listening to her "memoires." a couple of examples that stick out to me are: how it just was oh-so-horrific to hear that her best friend was murdered the day that she was getting ...more
Chandler Kuck
Jan 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Faye Resnick is not a great author by any means and this is pure name-dropping trash, but it is glorious trash! Her portrayal of Nicole as a human being with flaws contradicted her own families side of the story and their portrayal of Nicole as innocent and angelic, but this maybe-true tell all makes Nicole Brown Simpson human and more tragic, in that you can see yourself as Nicole, not as some Virgin Mary slayed by the big black ogre O.J. as her family would of had it at the time, also points o ...more
Kc Chapa
Mar 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
I have to admit I was a little biased going into this book. I read Marcia's book first and she said that her belief was that Faye's book had the ring of truth. If I hadn't read that comment from Marcia, I likely never would have read this book and just dismissed it as one of Nicole's "friends" who was just writing a trashy book to exploit her dead pal. However, I too, thought the book was likely very much the truth. Do I think that the conversations and statements that are in quotes are actually ...more
Maggie Lieser
Apr 25, 2016 rated it liked it
Oh man. I have seriously drank the "OJ koolaid." In the past week, I have now read 3 OJ books about the night Nicole was murdered.
This particular book was probably one of the most controversial books that I have read. Faye appoints herself as a vehicle to spread the word/legend of Nicole Brown. She does a mostly good job though some of the sexual things may have been better left out, just out of respect. I share a lot with my best friends and might be a bit embarrassed if they all were written
Meghan Becker
Feb 10, 2016 rated it did not like it
I can't believe I gave in to my curiosity and read this pile of garbage. Though at times she spoke highly of her "best friend" Nicole Brown, she also spilled all of her dirty laundry. Maybe my Midwest is showing, and this is all very normal in California.
Angela DeSilva
Sep 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
OJ Simpson
is a murderer
Lisa K
Dec 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Ok WHERE DO I EVEN START WITH THIS?!? The most famous part was, of course, the “Brentwood hello” but that was only the beginning!!! There are multiple chapters explaining that “doing someone” means “having sex” and then “do” is in parentheses the rest of the book!
The co-author was the editor of the national enquirer and there was an entire chapter about how the 1989 enquirer cover story on Nicole & OJ was so accurate it MUST have come from someone in the inner circle...
ALSO a chapter about
Stacey Bryan
Feb 25, 2016 rated it liked it
I read Faye Resnick's book so you don't have to. I've included the juicier stuff (consider this a warning) she talked about as well as traits of OJ she mentioned. But a lot of this book is about Faye Resnick and how she is the shit. I feel for the person who had to pick up all the names she dropped.

- OJ told police the reason why Nicole was murdered was bc she borrowed money from Columbian drugs dealers to buy a Starbucks.
- Nicole loved white-washed pine
- OJ repeatedly showed up on dates Nicol
Patricia
May 01, 2015 rated it it was ok
I found a copy of this book when it fell from a bookshelf and hit me on the head. I think I read this about 20 years ago, but I didn't remember much of it. It occurred to me that there were references to the Kardashian family in this memoir, which by the way is not Nicole Brown Simpson's diary, nor Faye Resnick's diary, or a diary at all. And it is certainly not private. The entire book falls into the category of TMI, a revealing of confidences that serve no good purpose for the tragically slain ...more
Ashley Oxford
Feb 25, 2017 rated it it was ok
The biggest problem with this book is that it does not seem to be centered around Nicole but rather is all about the narcissistic author Faye Resnick. It's interesting to learn more about Nicole and OJ Simpson however it was very difficult for me to put faith in the author's words. Faye admittedly is high on cocaine during a lot of conversations recounted in the book so how can I believe she is recollecting history correctly? It is interesting to think about how this book was received and became ...more
C Mae
Mar 22, 2012 rated it really liked it
Basically as "friend" she really ratted out some pretty personal details about Nicole's sex life. As much as Nicole Brown Simpson whined and complained that OJ was always cheating on her, from her friend's storying telling, Nicole did just as much "playing" as he did.

I was only in 7th or 8th grade when she was murdered and even at such a young age, you know if you aren't guilty of something then why run?

The abuse that was mentioned all throughout the book just affirmed all Nicole endured and c
Farrah
Jul 30, 2016 rated it it was ok
Probably 2.5 stars. In everything I've read so far this is the only one focused on Nicole personally and her personality, life and feelings about OJ. So for that reason I think it's worthwhile and interesting. That said, Faye resnick is so self absorbed, shallow, overwrought and clearly feels guilty that she didn't do more to help Nicole - lots of excuses in here. Overall it felt trashy and like she was selling out by publishing this right after Nicole's death.
Sandra
Jun 11, 2016 rated it liked it
Best line, "I asked the pharmacist for a glass of water and took my Valium right there." I don't think that's a thing. Really interesting read, really bad writing. I also didn't know stalking a person by faxing them nonstop was a thing. I've wanted to read this book since I was 14 when the murders happened. Obviously O.J. is guilty, there's a lot of insight into his life and the Kardashians during the early 90s.
Lynne
Oct 24, 2010 rated it really liked it
I gave it 4 stars because I was so enthralled in the story and couldn't put it down, but it really wasn't a well written book. She obviously wrote it for selfish reasons, not to dispel any myths like she claims. Oh wait, there was one: that Ron Goldman and Nicole were friends not lovers.

Some of the stories she related were TMI. Why would she tell these things knowing that Nicole's kids might read it. Some "friend."

But yeah, I was sucked in, I admit it. Just being honest.
Ben Dams
Mar 12, 2017 rated it liked it
A "revealing" and easy read. Seemed hastily written, as if it was rushed to press to become part of the OJ trial circus.
Carie
May 15, 2016 rated it liked it
Soo many typos and editing errors within this book that it is staggering.
Kerry Kenney
Oh just as bad as you could possibly guess it would be. I am giving it one star for it's poor quality and the extra star is for it's peculiar iconic quality.
Matt
Mar 15, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Trashy read written by a morally corrupt author.
Glennis
Aug 07, 2010 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: anyone who still has doubts.
Recommended to Glennis by: Karen
Perspective from another direction... More questions as to how in the world did he get away with this in criminal court? But..those of us who followed the case know why...
jordan
Mar 28, 2016 rated it it was ok
This book is a train wreck.
LmHargreaves
Faye Resnick was NOT a friend of Nicole's or she would not have written this "expose" of a book.
Erin Loshaw
Mar 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: my-books
Maybe it's the time we now live in but this wasn't nearly as salacious as I thought it would be. By today's standards it's rather tame.

I've read a lot about the OJ trial and what happened before and after including OJ's book. A lot of what Faye talks about OJ talks about in his book as well. Only in OJ's book it's OJ's perspective and does not shine a good light on Nicole.

What I found most telling was, in this book Faye refers to them as "good little girls" which is echoed in OJ's book.

While I
Mary
Jun 01, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I really only read this after Vincent Bugliosi gave it a nod in his book Outrage about the murder trial that flopped.
I am no fan of "The Juice" and never needed convincing that he was the the murderer, but Nicole sure seemed recklessly pushing his buttons when she knew damned well it was going to cost her her life.
She initiated the divorce, then once he left her alone SHE pursued him for their failed trial reconciliation. She had on and off, off and on hots for O.J. even while bedding his best
Sarah Berry
Mar 11, 2017 rated it it was ok
What smut! I have a minor true crime obsession, so I couldn't help but be intrigued by the intimate details of such a life. The revulsion at Faye's shameless money grab was overwhelming at times. The reading experience feels like vapid sorority sister rambling about the dramas of her roommates. The impression to me is that there are truths at the heart of the account, but much artistic liberty. And what eulogy of your BFF would be complete without an unverifiable lesbian sex scene! This is a cou ...more
Megan Toomey McBride
May 02, 2019 rated it did not like it
This book is a dumpster fire. It’s a terrible combination of gossip, hysterical narcissism, and more blatant name-dropping than I would think fit into 200 pages.

The writing is terrible. The timeline is all over the place. The author seems to delight in the lurid details of Nicole Brown Simpson’s sex life. And she goes on and on about how hard Nicole’s relationship was on HER.

This book seems to be the author’s attempt to cash in on her 15 minutes of fame for knowing the Simpson family. The book
Luwalhati Johnson
Feb 03, 2018 rated it it was ok
It's a tell-all. Wow, it's all about this cokemadam being a "victim." It's all about her analyses of OJ, Nicole, and her friends, and embarrassing them all by name. Privileged women that didn't have to work because of men. Cora Fishman described the book as "tasteless." It is. But it touched me towards the end - when Nicole was murdered while she was in rehab. How Nicole got her help. How devastating it must have been for her. It crushed me. Thanks to Nicole's murder, Faye is now finally earning ...more
« previous 1 3 next »

• Raging Heart: The Intimate Story of the Tragic Marriage of O.J. and Nicole Brown Simpson
  • O.J. is Innocent and I Can Prove It
  • American Tragedy
  • Silent Witness: The Untold Story of Terri Schiavo's Death
  • I Want to Tell You: My Response to Your Letters, Your Messages, Your Questions
  • Gay, Straight, and the Reason Why: The Science of Sexual Orientation
  • Tillie the Terrible Swede: How One Woman, a Sewing Needle, and a Bicycle Changed History
  • Eleanor
  • Elizabeth Leads the Way: Elizabeth Cady Stanton and the Right to Vote
  • Outrage: The Five Reasons Why O.J. Simpson Got Away with Murder
  • Unlimited Access: An FBI Agent Inside the Clinton White House
  • Sinatra: The Life
  • The Wrong Stuff
  • The Way You Wear Your Hat: Frank Sinatra and the Lost Art of Livin'
  • His Name is Ron: Our Search for Justice
  • Eleanor Roosevelt: A Life of Discovery
  • A Good Man: Rediscovering My Father, Sargent Shriver
  • The Sinatra Files: The Secret FBI Dossier
Faye Resnick is a designer in Hollywood; she also has commercial design projects such as the Ceasars Palace Salon in Las Vegas, due to open in December of 2007.

Resnick was a witness in the civil suit of Fred Goldman versus O. J. Simpson. Resnick claimed that Simpson had stalked his ex-wife Nicole Brown Simpson in the months preceding the murders of Brown Simpson and Ronald Goldman. She observed O.