Start by marking “Fall (Sunset Beach High, #1)” as Want to Read:
Fall (Sunset Beach High, #1)

Fall

(Sunset Beach High #1)

It's not happening again.

It's the first day of my senior year.

Which should be awesome.

Except I'm in a new town.

At a new school.

And that makes me the new girl.

Which is not awesome at all.

And the guy everyone is telling me to stay away from? The one who rules the school, the one who has mountains of money, the one who is drop dead gorgeous, and the one who does
Published July 30th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Fall, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fall

Ꮗ€♫◗☿ ❤️ ilikebooksbest.com ❤️
Jealousy, games, revenge, love, dirty tricks, crushes, parties, surfing and more

Presley moves to California with her Dad after her parents divorce and has to go to a new school for her senior year of high school. In her previous life, she was very quiet and submissive and never spoke up for herself. She would never talk back to anyone and she always followed others and ended up getting pushed around. She decided never to be like that again in her new school.

The day before school begins as she i
Veronica WordsAreMyDrinkOfChoice
Shyralf
Aug 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
4 ⭐⭐⭐⭐ Stars! YA Romance. This was actually pretty good, a nice start to this series. Trevor and Presley has some great chemistry. Great push and pull in this one. ...more
Nate
Aug 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Really enjoyed Presley & Trevor's story. This was an intriguing book for me. I'm voluntarily leaving an honest review for a free copy of the book on booksprout.
Jasmine Bagby
Aug 10, 2019 rated it liked it
I'm struggling to decide how many stars to give this book. While it wasn't bad, it wasn't necessarily good. The book had a lot of potential. But it was rushed and juvenile. Also, pretty cringey at some scenes. The entire book and falling in love took place in 2 or so weeks. If it wasn't for the sex scenes, which were written poorly, I'd say this book is better suited for a younger teenage audience. Unfortunately I will not be reading book 2 when it's released later this month. I'd give this book ...more
Franjessca
Full Review posted at Book Lovin' Mamas

If you have read Bully by Penelope Douglas, then you’ll enjoy this book too. There is quite a bit of cursing, tension, angst, drama, and craziness in this book. The very ending had me wanting to go through the book and kicking certain characters in the butt.

I enjoyed this book, and it was a nice break from the PNR and contemporary romance books I have been reading lately. I needed a book to make me go through several emotions, and this one did it. I can’t w
Brandi Barger
Jul 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. I’m not gonna lie there were some grammatical errors that hopefully will be fixed but even with that I could not put this down. I’m pretty sure I seen my baby side eyeing me for basically having her dad take care of her so I could read this book. So glad she is too young and won’t remember any of this. Lol
So we meet Trevor and Presley who are the main characters. Trevor is very alpha and Presley can give as good as she gets. I love that she wasn’t a weak heroine. She had a bac
Jamie Ellis
Aug 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow!!

Really loved this book. Presley is a great lead in the story. Love how strong she is.....I hope she gets back at those whom done her so wrong. And I hope her and Trevor work out. Really loving the storyline. Can't wait until tomorrow when book two releases!
If you like high school bully romances and books then this book is for you. I recommend this book
Thanks Jamie Nibarger Ellis
Monica Holloway
Aug 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Presley

I'm so glad my friend recommended Fall! I absolutely love Presley. She has so much will power. In charge of herself! Although Trevor goes about things wrong & says the wrong things. He is kinda trying from a good place in most.. Not saying he's a Angel at all! But I won't give any more away.. I can't wait for the next one!!
Faith89
Aug 13, 2019 rated it liked it
This is a high school romance with a "hero" who is very hard to like. Trevor is spoiled, mean and selfish. in other words he is very immature. He "gets what he want,when he wants it. And he wants Presley. He does things that will make you uncomfortable and are not things that would attract a girl you like. I am not sure how Presley saw past that. Presley is new to school. She moved with her father across the country because of his job opportunity. In her old home, she was bullied and looked down ...more
BeautyandaBookBlog
Aug 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
I wasn't sure what to expect going into this book, as I've never heard of the author. Bully romances are my favorite, particularly mature YA and NA. Trevor is a grade A dick and he makes no apologies for it. Presley was a doormat at her old school and this move is her chance to change and be who she wants to be; a strong young woman who knows what she wants.

Presley and Trevor butt heads from the moment they meet. He keeps telling her what she can and can't do and well... she's not about that. T
Shanna D
Jul 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Fall: A High School Bully Romance by Mckayla Box. Start of a new series and new author (for me). A lot of young adult (HS) typical drama with a bit of edgy raw bullying. (kids can be mean- I remember that). Presley is the new kid in town and it’s her senior year starting in a new school (she wants to be a new her too). She meets up with some great new friends and thinks are looking up. Then she meets Trevor, he will take your breath away (and anything else he wants). I would have liked to have r ...more
Shan
Aug 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
3.5 - 4 / 5 stars

I really enjoyed this and will definitely check out more from the author. Without giving too much away, I liked the heroine. I thought her behaviour was pretty realistic for a teenage girl. The hero was a bit of a pain, lol, but in a good way! I wished the author made the story a bit longer because a) I am a greedy reader and b) I felt some aspects of the story could have definitely been fleshed out more. That said, I knew it was a shorter read when I downloaded it, so was expec
Medavis66
Aug 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019-challenge
Wow! If this is what high school is like nowadays, I'm glad I'm long out of there. This was a gripping story about relocating to a new area for your senior year and the hijinks that the kids around there are in to. I was sucked straight in to the story. I'm thrilled this is going to be a series, as I didn't get enough yet. Presley meets several people right away, including Trevor and his cronies, Derek and his, as well as Bridget and hers. They all seem to warm get about each other. Having been ...more
taylorpriziola
Sep 03, 2019 rated it it was ok
Umm, was this a HS Bully Romance? 🤔 because the MMC was not even close to being a Bully, more like a complete asshole, there was nothing I liked about Trevor. Presley wasn’t just your typical naïve Virgin, but also stupid as hell. Both MC’s were so immature and the sex scenes were dual.. I actually yawned throughout.. The author seriously could have rated this 13+.
I was so disappointed. It had so much potential, but fell so very flat. It needs major editing. Storyline was ridiculous and juvenil
Rachel Oldham
Aug 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Strong Female

I loved how strong Presley was. It pulled me in from the very start. It was mentioned a few times that before moving to this school, she was timid and faded into the background easily. I was very happy to see her blossom as a strong character.

Trevor was so up and down that I had a hard time liking him. He was just the typical spoiled rich boy which bothered me. I wanted more from him than was seen and maybe that will occur in the next book.

I will say there were quite a few typos i
Deb
Aug 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
The opening scene was perfect in setting the tone for this book. Our main character is off to a rough start and quite honestly, I feel as if she will never catch a break. Her father seems clueless and the villains are plentiful. I am surprised to find that I rather like the three stooges as I like to think of them even though they love to give her a hard time because they are incredibly addictive. The verbal back and forth between them was well written and mesmerizing. I couldn't wait to see wha ...more
Jessica Marie Sebaugh
Aug 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-romance
4.5/5

This is really enjoyable! reminds me a lot of Broken High High by Sheridan Anne due to writing style and the whole friend group aspect. I loved that series and i love this one. It was so much fun with the beach setting. I really related to the the heroine when she felt like she didn't belong and just wanted to start over. I would give anything to be in her place.
The guy was over dramatic about everything and went past protective and was just rude. This isn't a bully romance, he was just rud
Sille
Aug 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Great story!!!!
This is the first book in the Sunset Beach High series, and the story of Trevor, and Presley. Presley is the "new girl" in school, a title she's had before. Trevor has set his sights on Presley, but she's been warned to stay away from him, and she's not going let him push her around. This book was a great read, the characters well written, and I loved the original story line. I can't wait to read the next in the series, and continue Trevor, and Presley's story.

I received a free co
Laura Duval
Aug 19, 2019 rated it it was ok
Good story but needs major editing

About 2.5 star rating.
This was a good storyline but there was major editing needs. There was too many wrong word uses, misspelled words, words left out of the sentences, etc. That made it hard to just sit back and enjoy reading.
The MCs also needs more depth. There's lots of angst but nothing to show for it. The characters are definitely portrayed as stupid teenage kids though with their behavior and mostly bad dialogue.
I'm hoping the installments will have imp
Amanda
Aug 21, 2019 rated it it was ok
Had potential

But it was riddles with grammatical errors and the pacing was off in my opinion. The main character was in school for one day before she starts falling for love interest then they spend a week or 2 going back and forth using other people to make each other jealous and somewhere in that 2 week period she decides to give up her virginity to him. Honestly, I’m surprised I even finished it and I can’t say I’m dying to read anymore
Courtney Green
Aug 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
I Give this Book a 3.5/5 Star Rating, Listing as 4.

Cliffy(?): Yes, But technically this Book could be read as an HEA if you wanted it.
Heat: 3/5
Romance: 2/5 (it’s still blossoming)
Drama: 4.5/5
Suspense: 3/5

I read this book in one sitting and it was a very enjoyable read, Presley was a tad naive in a few sections that seemed a tad odd cause I was sure she would’ve caught on, but she never did.

Will I Read more of this Series? Absolutely!
Would I read more from this Author?
Theresa
Jul 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
When I first began reading I was hesitant because it had a different tone than I was used to in writing. It also wasn’t your normal bully story. The style and story were refreshing and I’m glad I read the book and gave it a chance. Presley (loves the name) is the “new girl” and the story works through friendships and love interests. It is a definite read and I enjoyed it very much.
Karen
Jul 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A serial that ends without a cliffhanger!!! It could be a standalone.
And it's a great bully high school drama too.

It's that's your genre then this is my tops of my "hated" serials.

I love the Oceanside setting. I love the twists and surprises. The characters are super cool, even the bad guys

Can't wait for next book.
Amy Webb
Aug 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
WOW

This book captivates you from the beginning. This is the first book I have read by McKayla Box, it won't be my last. I am looking forward to the second book. You will not be disappointed reading this book, just be prepared not to want to put it down once you start it. I finished it in one sitting.
Aaa
Aug 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
4 STARS

Sue me, I liked it a lot!!! The writing is solid enough to compensate for the clicheness - but it wasn’t all that cliche tbh. Aside from the girl-girl hate. 🙁 I liked the pacing, the romance between these two surfers, the New Girl plot; doesn’t stick the landing but it works the best as part of these recent lightweight NA/teen ebook burst.
Maja
Jul 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The first day of senior year in new high school. And she has already met Trevor also known as the Asshole while on the beach the day before. It's safe to say that they did not start good. This was a good story. New town, new school, no friends whatsoever and all you try to do is fit in, but you get bullied. I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntarily leaving a review.
Vivian Brennan
Aug 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Really Good

I really enjoyed reading this book. It was truly high school bullying at its best. Friendship love violence just great.

It was refreshing to read a book that wasn’t reverse harem which is now becoming boring and predictable

1 click now you will not be disappointed. I’m off to order the next book in the series
Jeanne Richardson
Aug 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the 1st book I've read written by McKayla Box; she has done a great job at writing a good book; I can’t wait to read more of her books.

I loved the chemistry between the characters.

Amanda Clark
Aug 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a great bully romance out of a few that I have got to read. I am looking forward to reading the rest of the books in the series. Presley has been put through the wringer but is slowly coming into her potential in dealing with some of the cruelties that happen within high school.

Sunset Beach High (2 books)
  • Winter: A High School Bully Romance (Sunset Beach High, #2)