Start by marking “Six Merry Little Murders: Christmas Cozy Mystery Novellas” as Want to Read:
Six Merry Little Murders: Christmas Cozy Mystery Novellas

Six Merry Little Murders: Christmas Cozy Mystery Novellas

Indulge yourself with this collection of delectable cozy mystery novellas!

Lee Strauss - MURDER BY PLUM PUDDING

There's nothing more fun than a festive holiday dinner party and Ginger Reed, the former Lady Gold, has Hartigan House decorated and the gramophone playing. Dressed in her finest Parisian low-waisted gown, feather-topped tiara, and T-strapped Italian leather shoes,

Published October 15th 2019 by La Plume Press

To ask other readers questions about Six Merry Little Murders, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Six Merry Little Murders

Start your review of Six Merry Little Murders: Christmas Cozy Mystery Novellas
JoAn
Oct 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Murder by Plum Pudding by Lee Strauss is the story that I read in this boxed set. Ginger and Basil have a house full of guests, family and family friends, at Christmas. It's a rather tense situation when at the end of the Christmas meal one of the guests dies. A quickly paced plot with secrets, lies, red herrings and several suspects for Basil and Ginger to investigate. I was hooked from the first page and quickly finished it in one afternoon. I really enjoy this series by Ms. Strauss and always ...more
Mackey
Nov 29, 2019 rated it liked it
I always have a difficult time rating and reviewing a collection of short stories or novellas because there are some I really like and some I really don't. In Six Merry Little Murders, I absolutely loved the first short by Lee Strauss. I'm not at all familiar with the author but loved the story, the characters, the time period and the conclusion. In fact, I liked it so much that I checked out the first full length book in the series and have started reading it. The second in the book is by an ...more
Kristina
Oct 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019, cozy-mysteries
Six Merry Little Murder: Christmas Cozy Mystery Novellas contains six entertaining mini cozy mysteries from Karen MacInerney, Lee Strauss, Molly Fitz, Addison Moore, Nancy Warren and CeeCee James. Meowy Christmas Mayhem by Molly Fitz has Angie and Octo-Cat solving a crime in a pet store. Nan created an over-the-top advent calendar with an activity listed for each day. Nan, Paisley, Angie and Octo-Cat are dressed up and at the local pet store to get their picture taken with Santa (Octo-Cat has no ...more
John Presler
Oct 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
#1 - Murder by Plum Pudding - Lee Strauss
A large group of people are gathered around the table for Christmas Dinner at the home of Chief Inspector Basil Reed and his wife, Ginger. The guests include Ginger's step-mother, Sally Hartigan, and her sister, Louisa, as well as several friends of Ginger's late father, George Hartigan. Unfortunately, all is not merry and bright, as some of the guests seem to clash a bit.

During dinner, some of the conversations seem a little strained. When it is time for
QNPoohBear
Kindle Freebie at time of download

This anthology of Christmas, pet or culinary themed Christmas cozies contains a little something for everyone.

MURDER BY PLUM PUDDING by Less Strauss-- 4 stars is the whole reason I downloaded this set. I love the Ginger Gold series and this is no exception. Ginger is excited to celebrate Christmas with her new family and show Scout the magic of the season. However, she's a bit wistful missing her stepmother and sister back in Boston. When Sally and Louisa show
Moondance
Murder By Plum Pudding by Lee Strauss 3 stars

The journal remained tucked away in the bottom drawer of Mrs. Ginger Reed's bedside table, along with a photo of her first husband, Daniel , Lord Gold.

Historical cozies are not my favorite genre but I did enjoy the story. I appreciated that Ginger worked outside the home which was not common in the late 1920s. The characters were well developed and believable. I may go back and read earlier books just to learn a bit more about Ginger.

Slay Bells Ring
Monique
Oct 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
This review is for MEOWY CHRISTMAS MAYHEM by Molly Fitz only. For the time being anyway, because several other novellas look very interesting.

Again, it seems I'm making a habit of this, I purchased this anthology for one specific book: Molly Fitz's MEOWY CHRISTMAS MAYHEM. I've read every installment of the Pet Whisperer P.I. series, and I couldn't miss this. I feel compelled to read every book because I just love that grumpy cat!

I have found the Pet Whisperer P.I. series to be a bit of a
Disney14604
Oct 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is six little holiday novellas of murder by six different authors. You will need to find your author as I read them.

They are good for fast quickie enjoyable reads. Each one pertains to the series that each author writes. Nice introduction a new series. Go have some FUN!!!!

Cat's Paws and Curses by Nancy Warren
This is a locked room mystery. Normally not good at figuring out the who done it for this type of mystery. If you pay attention in this one, you can get it. I did it.

Knitting circle
Heather Belleguelle
Oct 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
This collection of six Christmas mystery novellas is great for lovers of cozies but, as always with these types of collections, there are a variety of stories, and I enjoyed some more than others.

Murder by Plum Pudding 5*
I’ve been enjoying Ginger Gold mysteries since the series began, and this novella is a great chance to see Ginger and her family enjoying Christmas together – or not. The story is original with quite a few twists and turns, as well as different characters to suspect. The mystery
Diana
Oct 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Christmas and Murder - what a tragic combination!

Murder by Plum Pudding by Lee Strauss
This one was set in the 1920's. Ginger and her husband Chief Inspector Basil Reed hold a Christmas event and have to investigate a death. A well written story that easily transported you to a different era.

Slay Bells Ring by Karen MacInerney
I felt like I was on Texas on a farm. Lucy's happily making wares for a local market when someones shot in an apparent hunting accident on her property - cue the
Donna
Oct 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
***Murder By Plum Pudding by Lee Strauss---3.5 Stars
I wasn't all that impressed with the story. The murderer and how the murder was accomplished were so very obvious to me from the moment the murder occurred. The story could have been told in half the words because there was so much attention to unnecessary details.

***Slay Bells Ring by Karen MacInerney---3 Stars
This wasn't really a cozy mystery, IMO. Lucy never tried to solve the murder in any way. One little clue and Voila! she had the
Margie
Oct 16, 2019 added it
There were some new-to-me authors in this collection but I did enjoy all the stories. They are each different and yet all involve a murder and an unusual setting.
Murder by Plum Pudding is set in England in the early 20th century. I loved the characters and the mystery of who was the murderer. Loved the cleverness of how the murder was solved. I was unfamiliar with the Lady Gold series but will be looking to read more.

Slay Bells Ringing is also another new-to-me series but I will be looking to
Kim
Oct 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing

Christmas Fudge Fatality by Addison Moore

Oh Holy Night For Murder!

This is just a little taste of this delicious series about sassy town baker Lottie Lemon who has the ability to see and communicate with the ghost of the deceased's furry friends--and sometimes a loved one. Each ghost aids in the capture of its previous owner's murderer and gets involved with lots of crazy antics along the way in the lively town of Honey Hollow.

It's Christmastime in Honey Hollow and Lottie Lemon manages to
Tina  Helzer
Oct 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
OML these books just get better and better as they go along. I love that you can read them as individual books but they are so much better if you read all of them.

Lottie has done it again. She never fails to stumble over a dead body and is determined to find out who the murder is. There is a twist in this one that will keep you guessing about what else might be going on.

Lottie, Noha and Judge Baxter are always on hand to help find out who has committed the murder and the guys are also trying to
Mary Lou Hoffman
I read and enjoyed all of these cozy mysteries, but the only series that I was familiar with was Molly Fitz’s Pet Whisperer series. Meowy Christmas Mayhem would be the ninth book in that series.

It’s always fun to spend time with Nan and OctoCat as they assist Angie in solving the latest murder in Blueberry Bay. The story is light and humorous.

These six wonderful cozy mysteries entertained and kept the holidays at the forefront. As an added bonus, there were some yummy looking recipes included
Shirley
Oct 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fiction-mystery
Christmas Mystery

This was a delightful assortment of short cozy mysteries at Christmas time. There were six in all, from the Plum Pudding murder, to the death in the peach orchard, the snowed in tragedy, the knitting ladies, the Tabby that went to see Santa and the lady that saw dead animal spirits. All great little stories.

My favorite was "The Plum Pudding Murder" by Lee Strauss. I always enjoy her cozy mysteries with the flair of English ladies in the 1920's in their silk dresses. This one
Mara
Oct 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
I read MURDER BY PLUM PUDDING by Lee Strauss.

Ginger Reed (formerly Lady Gold) and her new husband, Chief Inspector Basil Reed have some unexpected houseguests over Christmas. While enjoying plum pudding at the end of Christmas dinner one of the guests suddenly dies. Could it be from a heart attack or is this a Christmas murder?

A great Christmas themed novella involving Ginger and her husband. Of course I loved the descriptions of Ginger's clothes and how the house was decorated. It was great to
Nadine
Oct 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
I loved Murder by Plum Pudding and Meowy Christmas Mayhem!

Six novellas. So far, I’ve read three. Two really stood out for me, they were so good! Those are:
Lee Strauss Murder by Plum Pudding - this one was so well-written! I love Ginger!
Molly Fitz Meowy Christmas Mayhem - this one was such fun! I love Angie, and Octo-Cat, and Nan, and Paisley!
Then one I felt needed to be developed a bit more: CeeCee James’ Baker Street Christmas. I felt this one was hard to get into, because I don’t think
Mindy
Sep 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I've only read one story so far, but here's my review of Christmas Fudge Fatality by Addison Moore.
This story, while taking place in Honey Hollow, is not part of the main story arc. It is a stand alone story that takes place within that town. The characters are the same with a few changes, but the main plot isn't part of the Murder in the Mix ARC. This one is just as great though. Lottie and the whole of Honey Hollow are getting ready to celebrate the holidays, but you know that no celebration
Elysian Fields
Shelves: arcs
Review for Addison Moore, Christmas Fudge Fatality:

This is a standalone in a continuing series about Lottie Lemon and her delicious bakery treats and her uncanny ability to always be involved in a murder investigation.

The story was very cute and fun. I think Noel stole the story for me, he was just so quirky I couldn't help but love him. This is a great story to read if you are new to this author/series. It's shorter but very well written. I guessed the killer but not the motivation, just proves
Lori R
Oct 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
This set has six, Christmas mysteries followed by some mouth watering recipes. All of the stories are short and fun to solve. One of the stories is Meowy Christmas Mayhem by Molly Fitz. It is a fun story once again involving Angie Russo, Pet Whisperer P.I. and her cat, Octo-Cat. This short story was interesting and caught my attention right away. It was fast paced And I enjoyed trying to figure out who murdered the victim and what the motive was. Like other books in this series there were plenty ...more
Petra Gatz
Oct 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
I really liked this Christmas anthology. Every novella was in the spirit of the holiday, well-written and suited to cozy mystery lovers: no gory details, clean, no foul language.

It contains six novellas by different autors:

Murder by Plumpudding by Lee Strauss
Slay Bells Ring by Karen MacInerney
Baker Street Christmas by CeeCee James
Cat's Paws and Curses by Nancy Warren
Meowy Christmas Mayhem by Molly Fitz
Christmas Fudge Fatality by Addison More

An additional bonus is a recipe collection for
Bonnie Clevenger
Nov 02, 2019 rated it liked it
This book was a compilation of six short stories of Christmas murders, by various authors.
The first, I love love loved it, since it was a Ginger Gold. Lee can artfully write a grocery list.
The second, I also enjoyed very much, and I looked her up on the hoopla app and downloaded! Karen MacInerney.
The third was O K, but when it comes to talking animals, dead or alive, well that's not my cup of tea.
I have a compulsion to finish book that I start, but the last story I just skimmed.
So in all, I
Heather Wamboldt
Oct 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this set of Christmas cozy mystery novellas. Each was written by a different author and pertained to their particular series. These are short, fun reads that can be enjoyed at any time of year but should definitely be reread each Christmas season.

My favourite would have to be Christmas Fudge Fatality: Murder In The Mix by Addison Moore. It has Christmas and Fudge - a winning combination in itself.

Meowy Christmas Mayhem by Molly Fitz is a close second favourite.

I would recommend this
Margaret
Oct 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book. Addison Moore, who writes one of my favorite cozy mystery series contributed a story, Fatal Fudge Fatality, to this book. Lottie Lemon sees the ghostly pets of the recently departed. In this cozy mystery novella, it’s a cute French bulldog helping her to figure out who the murderer is . This book is a good introduction to The Murder in the Mix series that takes place in Honey Hollow, VT. The stories are well written and keep you guessing until the end. I also enjoyed ...more
Bonita
Nov 02, 2019 rated it liked it
A Variety of Tales

The first, I love love loved, since it was a Ginger Gold. Lee can artfully write a grocery list!!!!
The second, I also enjoyed very much and I looked her up on my hoopla app and downloaded! Karen MacInerney.
The third was ok, but when it came to talking animals live or dead, well that's not my cup of tea!!!
I have a compulsion to finish books that I start, but the last story I just skimmed.
Paula
Oct 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Nancy Warren - CAT'S PAWS AND CURSES
A knitting club with the living and two of the undead leads to murder. Can Lucy solve the crime when the lights come back on? A really good addition to this series.

Molly Fitz - MEOWY CHRISTMAS MAYHEM
Angie just wants to get Octo-Cat's picture with Santa but of course their is a murder to solve. With the help of her beloved cat they figure out who done it.

Addison Moore - CHRISTMAS FUDGE FATALITY
Lottie can see dead people and this crime hits close to home. She
Andrea Stoeckel
Oct 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This seasonal anthology of Christmas cozies is a lot of fun. Containing a few of my currently favorite cosy series, I couldn’t wait to dive into Molly Fitz ( Pet Whisperer P.) to see how Octo-Cat was going to handle a “ho-ho-homicide “ and how Lucy might solve yet another knitting related death in Nancy Warren’s Vampire Knitting Club series. And then, of course we have CeeCee James, Addison Moore, Karen MacInerney,and Lee Strauss’ Ginger Gold mysteries.

Oh, don’t forget to save some room for the
Jill
Oct 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Christmas murders!

Here is a anthology of six murder mysteries from six cozy murder mysteries. This anthology is worth the read because you get to experience six authors that you may or may not heard of or read. I was not familiar with a few of the authors but now that I have read this book I will be reading their works. I found the books inside to be fun and just the right length and worth the read.
This is a definite read. Hope you decide to join in on the cozy mystery train with this book.
Steve
Oct 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
I read through this wonderful little collection of short story mysteries and thoroughly enjoyed most of them. I particularly liked the Baker Street Christmas mystery by Ceecee James. I have been really wondering when Oscar's FBI past would emerge in one of her stories and I was not disappointed. He is a delightful curmudgeon whose investigative skills have not dimmed with age. I was also completely entertained by Slay Bells Ring by Karen Macinerney. The duo of Lucy Resnick and her boyfriend and ...more
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Cozy Halloween Cozy Mystery Boxed Set
  • Raccoon Racketeer (Pet Whisperer P.I. #7)
  • Wicked Harvest (Dewberry Farm Mysteries Book 6)
  • Himalayan Hazard (Pet Whisperer P.I. #8)
  • An Isle of Man Ghostly Cozy Collection - ABC
  • Pooches, Pumpkins, and Poison: A Pooch Party Cozy Mystery
  • Devil's Food Cake Doom (Murder in the Mix #19)
  • Mummified Meringues (Lexy Baker #10)
  • Chihuahua Conspiracy (Pet Whisperer P.I. #6)
  • With Killer Views (Flamingo Realty Mystery #6)
  • Kittyzen's Arrest  (Country Cottage Mysteries #1)
  • Mixing Up Murder (Little Dog Diner Book 1)
  • Dog Days of Murder (Country Cottage Mysteries #2)
  • Snickerdoodle Secrets (Murder in the Mix #20)
  • The Cat Caper (Pet Whisperer P.I. #5)
  • Hardback Homicide (Shelf Indulgence Book 1)
  • Serving Up Suspects (Little Dog Diner Book 2)
  • Bobbles and Broomsticks (Vampire Knitting Club #8)
Hi!

You'll adore Lady Gold from my bestselling series The Ginger Gold Mysteries, starting with the introductory novella, Murder on the SS Rosa.

Fill up on the short story companion series, Lady Gold Investigates, and if you're in need of more Golden Age Whodunnits, try the spin-off series, Higgins & Hawke.

HOP ABOARD THE 1920s and 30s!

Sign up for Lee's newsletter and get EXCLUSIVE access to