Start by marking “Hidden (The Swamp, #1)” as Want to Read:
Hidden (The Swamp, #1)

Hidden

(The Swamp #1)

Lost, groggy, and utterly devastated, MacKenzie Harper woke in the back of a truck with a kind man giving her a ride to safety. Her memory fuzzy, her senses on high alert, and her world teetering precariously on chaos, she has no idea who to trust but her nose says she can trust him.

Published August 5th 2019 by Rebecca Royce

To ask other readers questions about Hidden, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hidden

Start your review of Hidden (The Swamp, #1)
Heather Gilbert
Awesome

In a world where shifters are not allowed to shift she did the unthinkable - and now it’s a race to find out why. Fast paced, fast burn and deliciously RH, this PNR jumps headlong into a new world with intriguing rules. It’s quick, a bit brutal and ends on a cliffhanger that feels like the crux of the entire novel.

Pros:
- Fast paced.
- World building.
- The accords.

Cons:
- Fast burn, but it makes sense for the plot.
- Ugh... that cliff.
Alexandra
Aug 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
New wolf shifter series!

Kenzie was kidnapped and taken to a laboratory where she later escapes. She is rescued and meets four brothers who turn out to be her mates. The accords that were signed 20 something years ago forces the shifters to live as humans but something is changing. It was engaging and entertaining. What a cliffhanger!
Katie
Aug 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Oh my heart!!

That was the sweetest story until my poor heart got ripped out at the end there. Holy crap!!!! I really liked Kenzie. She was sweet and kind and reasonable (I liked that she actually listened to the people who loved her instead of throwing herself into danger all of the time). I really liked how well she communicated with the guys too. Anton was definitely my favourite. I cannot wait to read the next book!!!!!
Shannon
Jul 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh man!!! That was so good and so different from all of Ms. Royce’s other books. These characters stole my heart. There’s romance, heat, fighting, turmoil... it’s fantastic!! I do believe she will be kicking some major booty in book two and I cannot wait!!
Anna
Aug 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a brand new series by Rebecca Royce. While she has written many books about shifters, this is the first RH about shifters. And she did a fabulous job. Quick run down, the wolves have been forced to sign the Accords, which says they can't shift. They have to live like humans. Basically letting their wolf die. We are given a reason for this obviously otherwise the wolf community wouldn't have gone along with it. So that's what our female lead MacKenzie Harper has been doing. Living as a ...more
CarolKat
Jul 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Two things I enjoy in books by Rebecca Royce are werewolves and her Reverse Harem. In this first book of the new Swamp series she has combined these two and now has me totally hooked.

MacKensie has just been rescued from a facility where the hunters were doing some sort of experiments. Her rescuer Gus is one of the famous Louisiana Lejeune Werewolves, he is taking her to his son in the swamps to keep her hidden and safe.

Preston Lejeune is more than a little surprised when his brothers show up at
Jennifer G
Jul 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
MacKenzie Harper woke in the back of a truck, confused and panicked. Everything smelled wrong which didn't make sense but the man driving the truck seemed safe. Having no choice but to trust him, he told her who she was, where she came from, and promised to take her to safety. He took her to the swamps of Louisiana and entrusted her to his sons, Ranier, Preston, Jarret, and Anton, of the famous werewolf Lejeune family. They must hide her. She broke the accords. She shifted into her werewolf ...more
iliana G
Aug 15, 2019 rated it really liked it

When her savior delivers her to Ranier, Preston, Jarret, and Anton Lejeune, Kenzie recognizes them as the sons of the most famous werewolf family in Louisiana. They have to hide her, because Kenzie did the forbidden
Jammie Bebout
Aug 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
It’s no secret that Rebecca Royce is one of my favorite authors, so I was beyond excited to start a new series! Hidden, the first book in The Swamp series, certainly did not disappoint. I was hooked from page one and this book held my interest and then some right up to the very last page. I was literally sitting with my mouth dropped open at the end as I tried to process the last few pages I’d read while simultaneously fixating on how soon I could get my hands on book 2. Talk about an unexpected ...more
Pam Louis
Aug 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
OMG wow! What an awesome adventure and not to be missed. This is a reversed harem storm so if that no your thing stop read. If you are adventurous then this book is so for you.
August Lejeune - Gus for short got the call from the Harper family that there daughter had been kidnapped. Since other in the werewolf pack was missing also it had to be the hunters. He was the best at tracking hunters and getting pack member's back.
He found her far from home. MacKenzie Harper 22 from Colorado hight in
Keryn
Jul 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I thoroughly adored this new take on the werewolf mythos. Kenzie comes awake confused and fuzzy minded. She doesn't know who she is, where she is, or anything at all. What in the world is going on! All she knows is this kind man is taking her somewhere "safe". Little does she know her entire world is about to change in an instant! Rebecca Royce is a true wordsmith, and I've yet to not like a book or series by her. This is a RH book led yet again by a powerful female. Kenzie has a huge heart and ...more
Talarah
Aug 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Interesting shifter story.

This books starts off a little slow and has a slow incline throughout the book until about the last 30 minute. In saying that, Rebecca is creating a really interesting, unique and strong foundation for an excellent series. Considering this is book one, I think it's a great start.

So these werewolves live in a world were shifting is outlawed by the Council and anyone who has signed the Accords is prohibited from shifting. With this, comes all sorts of complications
Gabrielle Lee
Aug 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviews
Werewolves and reverse harems what a great combination. This is the first book in a new series and we are introduced to MacKenzie and the Lejeune brothers. Something has happened to MacKenzie to make her shift in the open and the Lejeune pack has decided to give her safety. As she recoups in the swamp with the brothers MacKenzie tries to remember what happened to her and the rest of her pack. She soon finds that there is attraction between her and the brothers but can she handle all of them?

I
Danyelle Williams
Aug 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
3.5/5 I loved the concept of this story, we meet Kenzie who has been saved from hunters after she was forced to shift. In this book omegas were killed off a while ago, and shifters no longer shift for fear they may go crazy. She has to learn who she is and what happened with the help of the 4 lejeune brothers. While helping shifters who have gone crazy, and fighting with their family and the council.

The story had a good flow and I really enjoyed the brothers and Gus. I love the way their
Linda Levine
Jul 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is another great series romance harem series by the author. It has an interesting premise about werewolves trying to live as humans due to an accord and to avoid the hunters.

Mac is caught in a dangerous situation when she shifts after being kidnapped and is fortunate to have Ranier, Preston, Jarret, and Anton Lejeune as protectors. These brothers are hard to resist.

I really enjoyed this introduction to the characters. Mac is the kind of strong female character I prefer in my romances. She
 Diana Davis
Jul 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Hidden: A Paranormal Romance (The Swamp Book 1)Kindle Edition
byRebecca Royce
I received an eARC and am voluntarily leaving an honest and fair review.

The Accords stopped the Werewolves from shifting. But Mackensie shifts against her will and finds herself in a Louisiana swamp with the four Lejeune brothers. She slowly discovers who and what she is. And the brothers discover that she is their mate.
While not my favorite of Ms. Royce's books, Hidden is better than most writer's best. My problem is
Shelly Diguer
Hidden behind fear review
omg
Wow I completely became lost in this book , I was hooked and could not put it down from beginning to end , from the first chapter I was done, and knew I wouldn’t be doing any housework or anything else for the day I love anything to do with wolves and feel in love with Mackenzie the female lead character, she is strong , determined, loving and caring wolf that needs to help others... the four brothers that she meets are gorgeous and determined to help Mackenzie
Amber Gilliford
Aug 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I’m a huge fan of Rebecca’s Wings of Artemis series and her style of writing. She does reverse harem like no other. This is the first book of her new Swamp series and it’s already off and running. This is not just another “werewolf” book. Rebecca finds a new and refreshing way of telling a werewolf story. I loved the heroine, she had had bad things happen to her but she is strong and keeps going. She is down to earth and relatable. Her harem members are so well written and each of their unique ...more
Valerie
Aug 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This opening book is a shining star. That I'm sure will rise further with each book. MacKenzie is an awesome and powerful heroine or she will be. I don't think the bad guys have any ideal of what they have unleashed. MacKenzie starts by waking up in Gus's truck, not knowing how she got there or why. As days go by and she meets her mates it's still a blank. All she knows is she is a healer to her people, the werewolf. Somebody evil wants her dead and will use her mates to take her out. I can't ...more
Taylor
Aug 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Werewolves oh my... Rebecca's newest book once again is a hit! Hidden is an amazing start to another unforgettable series. It is a great new spin on the typical werewolf storyline. The book keeps you engaged with its twists, characters, and the love story is beautiful. I can't wait to see where it goes. The FMC is amazing. fierce, and loyal. She isn't just a wallflower, she is right there in the middle of the action. The story ends on a cliffhanger, but sets it up for what I think will be a ...more
Hsu Lee
Jul 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I voluntarily offered to review this book with no obligations and my opinions are honest!
This was a great book !
MacKenzie did the forbidden.
She is a werewolf, and she shifterd without reason.
Now she has to hide before she is discovered.
She is sent to Louisiana.
There, she meets the Lejeune brothers.
Ranier, Preston, Jarret, and Anton
MacKenzie stuck in Louisiana with 5 hotties.
What is not to like ?
Loved the characters + the storytelling !
It has all the ingredients that you need for a great book!
I
Kim
Aug 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Hidden is continuous action, intrigue, and emerging romance. From the first page I was hooked and needed to know more about MacKenzie and the Lejeune men. I loved how each of the characters where developed and how all of the Lejeunes had their own way of bonding with MacKenzie.

This is the first in the series and ends with a bit of a cliff. You will want the next book in the series. There are more things that need to be solved and some threads of the story that will work themselves out over the
Remsony
Aug 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Hidden (The Swamp, #1) by Rebecca Royce
*I received an ARC of this novella from the author in exchange for honest review*
4 Stars!
I looooooved this book.

The beginning felt a lot like the same old regular story line about werewolf romance, but it does gradually grow on you- I had a hard time putting this down, once it found it's groove.

The end was amazing! Slightly soul crushing, but amazing.

Of course, since this is a book written by Rebecca, I'm not worried that the characters won't have a happy
Melina Fredley
Aug 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great but slow!

I really did enjoy this book! It was a consistent speed all the way through till the end. I kept hoping it would pick up a little faster but it still turned out great to read. I'm not very happy with the ending!!! Seriously not cool to leave a cliffhanger like that! Hopefully the next book comes soon. And one more thing for the author.. I cringed every time they had sex and you referred to kenzie stroking their dicks from balls to tip! Once was fine but with every guy.. it was
Denise Van plew
Aug 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I do so love when in paranormal someone has the ability to give us something different in the world of much the same. This author already has the ability to captivate you with this one turning out to be even more so.
She captures us with the intrigue with MacKenzie doing something that is the norm in most other novels. As this one unravels it ravels around us especially giving us the feelies when she meets those four that will be all part of the delight. This one gives lots to chew on and
Sydney Hopke
Aug 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
What a start to a new series! Reverse harem and shifters, what more can you want! Add a story line that's different from most I've read before and it's the start to a series I definitely can't wait for more of. Shifters are hiding as humans until MacKenzie is found and now the Lejeune brothers need to keep her safe. I don't want to give away to much but there's romance, suspense, romance and secrets that are coming out.

Can't wait for the next book, I need to know what's going to happen!
Alicia Schultz
Aug 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Hidden is the first book in this new shifter series, and it begins with a bang! Kenzie comes from a family of shifters who deny their werewolf heritage, live as humans, and try to suppress their animals. Until one day, it all goes so very wrong, and she's thrust into the unknown. The characterisation is strong in this book, the story compelling, the plot intricate and thought out. I am enthralled, and cannot wait to see what happens next!
Jess Maurer
Aug 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Rebecca Rocks

I've read so many of Rebecca's books - I know I am not going to be disappointed. AND I WASN'T!

Kenzie is great, shes real and thought out. The brothers are very well written & Anton is by far my favorite.

Rebecca does series well. And I'm sure this one will be no different.

Go read some more of RR - you will love all of them.

Crap, now I have to go back to real life. Seems unfair. ;)
Patty
Aug 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Rebecca is brilliant! No matter how many different paranormal books I read, Rebecca always blows my mind with her outside the box concepts! I love how her mind works to create the 'rules' of each paranormal series she writes. They never get old! There is always something new and she definitely keeps us on our toes with plot twists and the unexpected! Of course we could do without the cliffhangers, but they always leave us panting for more! I can't wait for the next book! ...more
Janet Welling
Sep 03, 2019 rated it liked it
Good start to a new series

I thought this was a very interesting spin on the whole werewolf genre. It was a pleasant surprise to discover that the females are strong and independent. I loved all the characters and wish the author would have spent more time on back story and character development instead of rushing to the finish line. Still, this is only the first book in the series so hopefully more details will be revealed in the upcoming sequels.
« previous 1 3 next »

• Queenmaker (Heart of the Nebula Book 1)
  • Rose (Daylight's Crown #1)
  • The Deluge (The Storm Book 3)
  • Suffer Less
  • Stupid Boys (Stupid Boys, #1)
  • Concealed (Tiger Shifter Chronicles Book 1)
  • Witch, Please (Not Your Basic Witch #1)
  • Delinquent (Academy of Misfits #1)
  • Amber (Jewels Cafe #1)
  • Reborn in Flames
  • Hunted (Feral Souls Trilogy, #1)
  • A Torn Paige (Hidden Kingdom Trilogy #1)
  • Dearly Departed (Afterworld Academy #1)
  • The Cardinal Bird (The Cardinal, #1)
  • Control of Five (Origins of the Six, #2)
  • The Queen of Carnage
  • First Howling (The Lycan Academy #1)
  • Save Spirit (The Bound Spirit, #3)
Author of science fiction, fantasy, and the paranormal.

The Swamp (2 books)
  • Pursued (The Swamp, #2)