Start by marking “Winter (Evermore Academy, #1)” as Want to Read:
Winter (Evermore Academy, #1)

Winter

(Evermore Academy #1)

Welcome to Evermore Academy where the magic is dark, the immortals are beautiful, and being human SUCKS.

After spending my entire life avoiding the creatures that murdered my parents, one stupid mistake binds me to them for four years.

My penance? Become a human shadow at the infamous Evermore Academy, finishing school for the Seelie and Unseelie Fae courts.

All I want is to
Published October 11th 2019 by Starfall Press

To ask other readers questions about Winter, please sign up.

Start your review of Winter (Evermore Academy, #1)
Nikki
Oct 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Holy Fae, this book was amazing! I was so hesitant about it at first because I am tired of seeing Academy series everywhere and they have become so repetitive. However, this was such a fresh take with an even steamier romance that will make you wish you could cool off afterwards in this Winter Wonderland.

I am dying for the rest of this series and am having some serious withdrawals. This was one of those books that the closer that I got to the end, the more panicky I got because I did not want i
Natalia
Oct 29, 2019 rated it it was ok
This book had everything to be great, till the 10th chapter was pretty good then the feelings got in the way and the h became bratty, stubborn, self-center and couldn't keep her mouth shut to save her life!!! In a world so cruel and evil to humans, she gets away with a lot .
She fought against being the prince shadow in pure spite and for what? She walks a fine line between being all bad ass and a total stiff! She coerces the prince in telling her something important and fails in the first oppor
Cheyenne710
Oct 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Omg seriously, Audrey Grey is quickly becoming one of my favourite fantasy authors. Her stories are all beautiful and unique in their own ways. The way she writes is so descriptive that you can easily imagine these fantastical worlds and characters she has created. I was lucky enough to grab an early copy of this book for review and it had me hooked right from the beautiful cover all the way until the very last page. If you love kick ass heroines, swoon worthy enemy to lovers storyline and magic ...more
Laura Metz
Shelves: favorites
I was given this arc by the author in exchange for my honest review. This book was freakin fantastic. I read it all night and into dawn. I couldn't stop reading no matter how tired my eyes got. Never have I read any mortal/fae book like this. This is the best version of those type books I've ever read. I am so in love with this book. The characters are so real as well as the world building you feel as though you're right there at Evermore Academy with Summer and Mack. I can't wait to find out wh ...more
Tiffany Kimbrell
Oct 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely Fantastic!!! I really enjoyed this read. I highly recommend this book. It hooked me from the start and I could not put it down. 5 crazy good stars!
Macey Redmon
Aug 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Love this!

Yea so this book was PERFECT,AMAZING, WONDERFUL!!!! I mean how is audrey not making movies and tv shows with her books! Cant even describe how much I loved this! I want to step into the world and see it in person it's so imaginative ! I absolutely adore the characters! The strength, love, and wonderful relationships between them all! They made me laugh, cry and swoon! I want to read the next one immediately!
micolreads
Oct 20, 2019 rated it liked it
I love Audrey’s style, I loved her other books and I was expecting nothing less from this one. Well, I was a bit disappointed. The style was beautiful as per usual, the female characters were amazing. But. There is a But: I have to say I am not completely sure about this book and about how I felt right after finishing it. Was it good? Yes, it was. Was it original? Not that much. Do I recommend this book? Yes, it was a light read and in the end a good book.

I found many little details
Amanda
Oct 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Academy books... I'm super over them...

UNTIL THIS ONE!

Holy cow. I was addicted from chapter 1. It was explosive and fresh, something new that I haven't see before. And the cast of characters are so much fun! I'm partial to Ruby Ricin, she's a spitfire pixie who doesn't take crap from anyone. I'm a huge fan of supporting characters and all of them in this book are my faves. Even the "resident mean girl"! She was a character I truly enjoyed hating.

I can't wait to see more
Novel Grounds
Oct 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing

A Court of Thorns and Roses meets Vampire Academy. This read was explosive and I literally read it in one sitting. Audrey is phenomenal and I cannot wait to read the next novel in this series.

This read was literally the best thing I have read in weeks. This book left me with the BIGGEST book hangover ever. Literally I was left reeling.

This novel was a wild ride. Audrey did it again. She crafted a stunning world that you get completely lost in from the very first chapter. I loved each and ever character an
Erin
Nov 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
No matter how many books I read about cruel fae, magical academies, and palaces with balls, I can never get enough!

description

This book was everything I wanted it to be. It felt like a combination between Fallen and Daughter of Smoke and Bone. The plot was not crazy with twists and turns, and you basically saw the ending coming a mile away. But even so, I enjoyed every minute and couldn't put it down. I want to know what happens next now! I am thinking there will probably be at least 4 books in the serie
Michel
Oct 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
ahhh where to begin with this well for starters i seen this academy genre grow well out of proportions as of late with book being different yes but sharing well a great many similarities in between them all atleast to me nods but as with all of her works audrey greys newest novel and her foray into the overblown and out of proportionate genre has done what shes done with her other works kicked ass and taken the genres to new levels with her writing which carries in immense depth and growth and c ...more
Jana (HokuGirlReads)
Oct 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh my goodness I could not put this book down! I loved it so much. It was like ACOTAR mashed with Cruel Prince with Hogwarts! AMAZING! I can’t wait for book two, I don’t want to wait for book two.
SER
Oct 28, 2019 rated it it was ok
2.5 Stars

Bad stuff out of the way first:

-Summer leads us to believe she lives this horrible life, struggling to survive and take care of other orphans. Few chapters in, we learn she lives in a perfectly functioning house with electricity, running water, gas, and INTERNET. Oh yeah, she and the other orphans are under the care of two ADULTS.

-She stole cheetos and suckers. No, that wasn't all she took, but I'm gonna be judgemental here and say maybe she should focus more on th/>Bad
Tassi
You'd think with all the Academy worlds I loose myself into that I would find myself getting bored...but nope. Honestly I think I'd be a little sad if that day did ever come...today I bring my review for Evermore Academy. I got a tad behind with my ARC books, so this book has already released - oopsie.

I had every book scheduled out because yeah I'm one of those people lol...but then boom all these ARC books decide to release days apart and I'm like hold on a damn minute let me catch my breath h
Micheala
Received an ARC from the author.

This is A Court of Thorns and Roses meets Vampire Academy, with an itty bit of The Selection mixed into it. I have to say though, that this book didn't feel like a copy of any of those, but rather one that would fit in with them. A few typical tropes were used, but I wasn’t annoyed by them and they were all used in an unexpected and creative way.

I wasn’t sure what I would be getting into with this book, but I LOVED it. Due to Thanksgiving weekend, I was taken aw
Candice Allen
Oct 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I've found my favorite academy series! Oh my this book is amazing! You fall in love with Summer in the first chapter, so much spunky and snark, I adore her, especially her dedication to her family and her fierce protection of those she loves. The slow burn romance and steam certainly keeps things interesting. I devoured this story, it is one of the great ones that grab you and doesn't let you go until you finish! And what a finish, just enough to hint at things to come while resolving the climax ...more
Erin Kearby
Oct 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh my gosh! Audrey Grey blew me away with this one! Once I started reading, I could not stop! Every chapter I finished kept me wanting more 😍 I immediately fell in love with the storyline and characters! Our sassy female protagonist, Summer was definitely a girl after my own heart! Hot-headed, sassy, and sometimes jumps to conclusions when she should pause and think certain things through (Haha)! Poor Summer gets caught stealing by a mysterious fae and instead of killing her on the spot, sends h ...more
Eris
Oct 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was lucky enough to receive this book as an ARC in exchange for a fair review.

I have to say that I really enjoyed this book. I admit I am not one that is big on the whole Academy story line that keeps popping up in a lot of different genres but this is one of the few Academy books that I found I actually liked. The main character Summer is the type of protagonist that I like. She is snarky and not afraid to show it. She is also super loyal to those she loves.

I don't want to give a
Siobhan Yilmaz
Oct 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow. I'm addicted to fae, and reading books featuring them and their world's. This book did not disappoint. It's like a mash up of a distopian urban/rural fantasy with old school charm and tradition. Hard to explain, but so good. The way Audrey Grey has reshaped the fae race is so refreshing and had me lapping it up!
The main character, Summer, is by far my favourite heroine since, well, ages. She's stubborn, feisty, violent and outspoken - all while having the biggest heart and caring for
Irma
Oct 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
“You’re branded now,” he says, casually, as if the agony I just lived through means nothing. As if I’m livestock. “There’s nowhere you can hide where we cannot find you, so don’t even think about running.”

Gods, what a story! This is one of those stories - when reading it I got so captivated by it that I didn't aknowledge the world around me, and when I wasn't reading it, it was all I was thinking about.

Great world, amazing story telling, deeply developed characters, and also the slow
Tabi Ann
Oct 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
OMG!!! I want more!!! Now!!

This book has left my heart beating so fast I am not sure I am going to survive until the next book comes out. Feom the beginning you will find yourself clutching your kindle so tight your knuckles turn white.

You find yourself so lost in the story you will lose track of the time. You will never be able to guess what is going on in the story. You get so wrapped up you will forget things that will help in later parts of the story and then you find
Ashley Shvetsova
Oct 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic read!! Terrific character building, wonderful personalities and multiple bad guys! The story was action packed with a perfectly paced storyline. Not leaving you wanting at all:) I loved the growth of our character while she may have originally been a bad ass in her own sense she grows into an even better bad ass. I enjoy the multiple stories going as once. I loved the various build ups that lead to the climax at the end of the book. Overall no complaints and I absolutely cannot wait fo ...more
Natasha Clark-French
Oct 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I wish I could read this book again for the first time. I fell in love with this world. I'm not typically one to enjoy the trends and it's currently Academy everything - which is my least favorite of them so far but Audrey can write her butt off. This book is magical and addicting. It has everything I could want and I love me some Fae! And OMG the Sprite! HAHAHA such a lush! Probably one of my favorite characters. I can't wait for the next book to come out!
melissa roberts
Oct 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
You guys!!! Audrey Grey has done it again!! First with Oath Taker and now with Evermore Academy . She is quickly becoming a go to author of mine. Her writing is amazing, the characters are witty, strong and , likable. The world building is awesome . It is an academy series, which I was skeptical about because of so many that are out now. But..... it doesn’t matter. This book was everything I want in a book and more 🔥👏🏻🔥👏🏻I will be impatiently waiting for the next book 📖.
Mona  Brown
Oct 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another winner

This book had me hooked from the beginning. It has everything you need in a story... mystery, intrigue, supernatural characters, a drunk pixie what more could you ask for? The story and characters are so well written that once you start reading it, you just can't stop until the very end and then you wish you had the next one now.
This is the start of what I hope is a long series
Jamie Lee Zonneveld
Oct 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Winter is the first book in Evermore Academy series by Audrey Grey. It also was my first book by this author and I really liked it. The story was great and I really liked the characters. Can't wait for the next book.
A. Hoyle
Oct 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I'm already heckin' obsessed with this series! Just when I thought I'd read every book about the fae ever written, I came across the book and it was a fast fae-vorite. Though no magical academy could ever top Hogwarts, this series pulled me in and bestest my expectations!
Dschaper54
Oct 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Awesome

I love anything fae and this book did not disappoint except I wish it would go on forever. I love the characters.
Georgia
Oct 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I received a free copy for an honest review. I loved this book so much. It seems like a sassier version of Harry Potter at times which just makes it all the more better. Summer makes one amazing protagonist and I love her loyalty to those she loves. I was on guard about the Winter Prince from the beginning for fear that it was going be like reading The Cruel Prince all over again. Summer’s connection and moments with him were both steamy and entertaining. I love, love, love Eclipsa and Mack. I n ...more
Mandie
Oct 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely adored this book! The story line was unique. I am a big fan of academy books. This is definitely one of my favorite fantasy academy books. This authors writing was phenomenal. I couldn’t put it down!
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Firstborn Academy: Shadow Trials
  • Assassin's Academy: Book One: Rebels
  • Silver Wolf (The Sworn Saga Book 2)
  • Dark Fae (Ruthless Boys of the Zodiac, #1)
  • Demons (Darkblood Academy, #3)
  • Zodiac Academy: Ruthless Fae: An Academy Bully Romance (Supernatural Bullies and Beasts, #2)
  • Zodiac Academy: The Reckoning (Supernatural Beasts and Bullies #3)
  • Releasing The Gods (The Titan's Saga #1)
  • The Bloodwood Academy Shifter: Semester One (The Bloodwood Academy #1)
  • Zodiac Academy: The Awakening (Supernatural Bullies and Beasts, #1)
  • Slaying Monsters for the Feeble (The Guild Codex: Demonized, #2)
  • Warrior Fae Trapped (Warrior Fae, #1)
  • Taming Demons for Beginners (The Guild Codex: Demonized #1)
  • Supernatural Academy: Year Two (Supernatural Academy, #2)
  • The Academy of Stolen Magic (Blakemore Paranormal Academy #2)
  • Shadow Weaver (The Nightwatch Academy #2)
  • Half-Blood (Darkblood Academy, #1)
  • Blood of the Dragon Shifter (Blakemore Paranormal Academy #3)